PDA

View Full Version : after further review...

tony hipchest
11-20-2007, 11:46 PM
ben dropping a shotgun snap on 3rd and 11 doesnt help. i noticed tons of these mistakes... but what stands out most is certain running plays with willie as the lone back. we all know about "play action" where the team pretends to hand off the ball and then does the opposite by passing.

for some unbeknownst reason, the steelers are trying the complete opposite.

willie stands 5 yards deep. ben takes the snap. ben runs backwards for 5 yards, and then finally hands off the ball to willie. this play wouldnt even work with jerome in the backfield. i understand the concept. it is designed to open up the field for willie and allow him to chose his lanes. but sometimes it is better to put in a lead blocker and design a lane for willie to just follow.

it is trully a game of inches. a jets fumble out of the endzone was called back for a clark haggans hold (a call that is probably only made 50% of the time). jets get the ball at the 1 with a 1st down. steelers showed great resolve by only allowing a fg but that single hold was a 5 point swing.

fansince'76
11-20-2007, 11:50 PM
we all know about "play action" where the team pretends to hand off the ball and then does the opposite by passing.

for some unbeknownst reason, the steelers are trying the complete opposite.

Yes, I noticed that a couple of times on Sunday and said to myself each time, "Ben is a lousy salesman - he doesn't fool anybody with that fake passing motion just to hand it off to Willie," and Willie got buried for no yardage or negative yardage each time.

jjpro11
11-20-2007, 11:54 PM
this loss is still pissing me off. i cant believe we lost to the ****ing jets.

Edman
11-21-2007, 12:10 AM
After further review.

The O-Line sucked, but the playcalling didn't help at all.

MACH1
11-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Yep, I noticed that too. Almost reminds me of peyton waving that thing around for everybody to see.