PDA

View Full Version : Who Was At The PIT-NYJ Game?

doublewinder
11-21-2007, 12:55 AM
I was curious for those who were there

1) Were there a lot of PIT fans there?
-How many, what % would you say were PIT fans?
-I read on here you guys stating it was 2/3rs Steeler fans, as did the newspapers.
-I just watched NFL replay, I got to say for what it was made out to be, it really didn't seem like there were as many Steeler fans as stated.
-It looked as if it was 1/4, maybe 1/3 tops PIT fans.
-Was this the case or simply the lower decks?

2) Was this the normal amount, more, or less?
-What is the normal amount PIT has?
-Were this to have been game 1 instead or 10 would it have been much less or still very large?

3) How were the PIT fans?
-Obnoxious rowdy punks or civilized?

4) How were the Jets fans in terms of treatment and overall enthusiasm?
-Did they let the PIT fans come in peace or were they merciless and also quite lively tonight?

5) How did the amount of fans PIT brought compare to most other teams?
-Was this comparable to what is brought to BAL or more?

6) I specifically would be interested in knowing, how did this compare to when PIT was at the Meadowlands to play the Giants in 2004?
-Did PIT dominate NYG like this, or was it substantial but much less?
-Based on what I have read, it appears PIT has a lot more at this game, which is what I would expect since the Giants are the top club in the NY market.

7) Did you get any sense as to whether these were traveling PIT fans, transplanted PIT fans locally?

Thanks.

NYG

verks36
11-21-2007, 02:51 AM
I was curious for those who were there

1) Were there a lot of PIT fans there?
-How many, what % would you say were PIT fans?
From what i saw it was about 50-50 maybe even more steelers fans. All i know is there were a ton of steelers fans in their and before the game started there was a huge chant through out the staduim saying "here we go steelers here we go"

2) Was this the normal amount, more, or less?
-What is the normal amount PIT has?
-Were this to have been game 1 instead or 10 would it have been much less or still very large?
I would say it wasnt normal I think thier are lot of steelesr fans in new york
3) How were the PIT fans?
The pit fans seemed already so rowdy ones but all in all they were good. Most of them thought the game was going to be a blowout and after the first play shut alot of them up and in overtime I could just tell them game wasnt going to go are way. After the game all the steelers fan were silent.

4) How were the Jets fans in terms of treatment and overall enthusiasm?
-Did they let the PIT fans come in peace or were they merciless and also quite lively tonight? The jet fans on the other hand have to be the most ****y fans ever after one win that acted like they had just won the superbowl. the one thing both teams fans had in common was hate for the patriots this came up many times during course of game.
2 fights broke out right next to me. And i mean like real fights were both people got ejected. one was steeles fan vs jets the other was JET fan vs jet fan

5) How did the amount of fans PIT brought compare to most other teams?
-being at a couple jets game in my life i have to say this was the game with the most opposition fans

6) I specifically would be interested in knowing, how did this compare to when PIT was at the Meadowlands to play the Giants in 2004?
I was at both games from memory it seems like their were more pit fans at the jets game but i dont know the giants game was along time ago.

7) Did you get any sense as to whether these were traveling PIT fans, transplanted PIT fans locally?
Truthfully i think there were alot locally. A mix of die hards and bandwaggon hoppers.

hope that helps from a first hand persepective

slippy
11-21-2007, 09:54 AM
i was there. i think i was about 60% pit fans, but we didn't have much to cheer about. the jets fans that were there got real loud when ny had success.

most fans seemed to be nyc area residents there are tons of pit people in NYC.

crowd was cordial, i only saw two pit fans acting like jerks. the jets fans got in some light ribbing after the game, but it was tempered by the fact that they are 2 and 8.

one older fan said to me "tought loss, we'll watch you in the playoffs"

i was bummed that they scheduled "curtis martin day" for a game where the opponents fans travel well. although martin's PITT conection got him a big round of aplause.

Sith Lord
11-21-2007, 04:55 PM
60-40 in the lot where i was.

lots of steeler fans in nyc and surrounding areas.

most jet fans not all, but most, are drunken idiots that suck.

my cousin, who is a pats fan came with us. he said he was one of about 50 (of what he saw) that was a pats fan on opening day. again, i'd say 60-40 pitt fans.

i was at the game in 04 as well, i'd say 75-25 giants, maybe 80-20 giants.