PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Lefturn
11-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm still disgusted about the "jet" lose. Do you think that is the worst regular season game in the history of football?:banging:

slippy
11-21-2007, 01:58 PM
not even the worse loss in steelers history.

some others for consideration:

both losses to BAL last year. especialy the second game.
loss to BAL in 2005. brutal game. parker and maddox both fumble in OT.
tommy maddox/texans game in 2003.
loss to a really bad CIN team in december 2001.
the detroit coin toss game in overtime.
the blocked field goal game vs. JAX where cowher almost tackled the return man.
loss in Tampa Bay in 98 when kordell cried on the sideline.

The_WARDen
11-21-2007, 02:02 PM
didn't the Clowns beat them in late 80's like 40-0??

That would be up there. :jawdrop:

alittlejazzbird
11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
My top two, in terms of sheer agony, are:

1. The 1994 AFC Championship loss to San Diego at Three Rivers. I was there, and it took me weeks to get over it.

2. Last year's meltdown vs. the Raiders. We outgained them 360-98; given the talent level of the team and the expectations following a Super Bowl season, this is the most ridiculous, pointless, head-scratching, never-had-to-happen loss that I can recall.

As far as the Jets game being the "worst loss ever," uh, no. Not even close.

MACH1
11-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Remember that dallas game in arizona. :dang:
Thats about as bad as they get.

fansince'76
11-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Regular season: Sunday night 33-13 loss in Heinz to the Browns in '03.

Postseason: Super Bowl XXX.

jjpro11
11-21-2007, 02:45 PM
this thread is the worst thread ever.

PisnNapalm
11-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Worst loss ever?? Not hardly. I give you last years loss to the Raiders as being worse than the Jets loss.

Get a grip man.

OneForTheToe
11-21-2007, 03:05 PM
I can think of worse losses in back in the 70's when we were kings. I remember the Steelers getting shellacked sometime in the 70's by the Bungels. I do know Cinci had a few good years in the 70's, but if memory serves this was one of their bad seasons of only a few wins. Anyhow, what I remember from the game was Bradshaw and Webster fumbling multiple snaps...

I also seem to remember a game vs. the cryhawks where Jim Zorn and Largent destroyed us badly. Yes, sometime in the 80's we lost the two opening games to Cinci and Cleveland by a combined score of something like 80 to 0. Hell, I consider both Ravens losses last year worse than this because of how the Steelers were dominated physically in those games.

I wouldn't even put this loss in the top twenty. I'm not making excuses but you have to remember that the Jets were a playoff team last year. I don't think they were as good last year as advertised, but their not as bad this season as advertised either. There is talent on that team. Plus, consider the two weeks off and some amount of pride on the Jets part and it's not that big of a shock that we lose in OT. What makes the loss hurt is that it has happened twice before this season - against the Cards and Broncos. If we had won those games, I think many fans would find it easier to get over this one.

Stlrs4Life
11-21-2007, 03:39 PM
My top two, in terms of sheer agony, are:

1. The 1994 AFC Championship loss to San Diego at Three Rivers. I was there, and it took me weeks to get over it.

2. Last year's meltdown vs. the Raiders. We outgained them 360-98; given the talent level of the team and the expectations following a Super Bowl season, this is the most ridiculous, pointless, head-scratching, never-had-to-happen loss that I can recall.

As far as the Jets game being the "worst loss ever," uh, no. Not even close.

Totally agree,same here.

HometownGal
11-21-2007, 03:49 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: Now that I've stopped laughing, I can definitely say

HELL NO.

Two of the worst games I can remember outside of those already mentioned are the 51-0 drubbing we took from the Brownies in the 1989 season and the following week, the 41-10 ass kicking we suffered at the hands of the Bungles. The team rallied in the second half of the season to propel the Steelers into the playoffs, but we fell short by one point in the AFC Divisional playoffs losing to the Broncs.

touchdownward
11-21-2007, 04:20 PM
I really hated the tie with Atlanta several years ago. Vick was unstoppable by most teams and we contained him for 3 quarters and then he busted loose.
Although not a loss, it seemed like one to me.