PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Nervous?

SteelStealth
11-24-2007, 08:20 AM
It's not about losing on Monday night, it's losing to a winless team. The loss to the Jets was hard to swallow, but losing to the Dolphins might just be something that will scar us. Maybe I am just being paranoid here, but I still am a little nervous.
Go Steelers!
:cheers:
SS

mamuhmia
11-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Sometimes it does make you more nervous to go up against a winless team rather than an undefeated team. I was nervous about my Browns doing the same thing(with good reason, we hadn't really proved anything yet). I don't get to see your team play very often, (except when you"re beating us :dang: ), so from that perspective I'd say do not be nervous. If you guys had won last week, I'd be more wary of the team overlooking the Fins and losing. I can't see your guys letting that happen 2 weeks in a row. Especially knowing the Browns are breahing down the backs of their necks for the division. JMO :smile:

HometownGal
11-24-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm the eternal optimist, so I pretty much go into every game with confidence that the Steelers will beat their opponent - or at the very least - give 'em a helluva game. The Steelers are undefeated at HF this season and I see them coming into this game torqued off about their loss to the Jets so I think we're going to see a good game out of our guys. :tt02: I'd have to say NO - I'm not nervous about this game.

Atlanta Dan
11-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Not nervous about the Dolphins

Very nervous with no DB depth against the Bengals if Troy still is out

83-Steelers-43
11-24-2007, 10:11 AM
It's not about losing on Monday night, it's losing to a winless team. The loss to the Jets was hard to swallow, but losing to the Dolphins might just be something that will scar us. Maybe I am just being paranoid here, but I still am a little nervous.
Go Steelers!
SS

I'm nervous before every game. No matter who we are playing. I guess it's a mix between excitement and nervousness. While I feel we will defeat the Dolphins, there is always the chance we will show up and play the way we did against the Jets.

steel striker
11-24-2007, 10:28 AM
I think we play well monday night and get the win but, I guess this year it is always on my mind which steeler team will show up. It seems like we have been like jekle/hyde. I keep saying that Parker is due for a big gme maybe this week.

fansince'76
11-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Nervous? Not right now - I always get butterflies in my stomach right before kickoff, though.

jjpro11
11-24-2007, 10:49 AM
if we lose this game, it will be one of the most embarrassing losses in franchise history.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Nope not nervous at all.....Its the Dolphins and they're very bad........I now the Jets are to......But noway I see the Steelers losing to this team...Especially since the game is at Heinz and on Monday night.....

30-6........Steelers

Michael Keller
11-24-2007, 12:15 PM
I have been following the Steelers for over 50 years and this team beyond a doubt in my mind has the widest range of performance from totally dominant to weak and soft. yes soft.

There are times when I "objectively" and analytically believe they can beat any one , including New England and yet I must admit I believe it is possible they could lose to Miami Monday. I do not know the SOUL (heart) of this team.

What rings in my ears is something Tony Dungy said in the middle of the 2005 season when the Colts were unbeaten and playing well. I will paraphrase the essence of his statement.

"We are obviouslly doing well so far this year and the number one reason is our guys PLAY HARD EVERY GAME FOR FOUR QUARTERS AND NOT EVEY TEAM IN THE NFL DOES PLAY HARD EVERY GAME.

I was very surprised to hear Dungy say this and I never forgot it. I am going to accept what Dungy said as truth and consider that possibly and only possibly this Steeler team does not come to play hard every game from the opening gun. I can not at this a time conclude this to be true but I sure do see the possibility of this being true. I am not nervous about Monday nights game BECAUSE WE ARE AT HOME ON MONDAY NIGHT IN FRONT OF A NATION WIDE AUDIENCE. We will win this game.

I am however nervous about the rest of the schedule because lets be honest this team has a bad pattern of performance and how could all of the dedciated Steeler fans not be nervous. Cleveland's scheduled opponents are far weaker than ours.

In summary if this team plays as they are capable they really should go 12 and 4, and no worse than 11 and 5. I believe they will .

steelcity58
11-24-2007, 04:04 PM
BC and the Steelers were always up for Monday night games.

It's up to Tomlin to make sure the team is as pissed as us fans and that the team goes out and just beat the living **** out of a very poor team.

The Steel lost to the Cardinals...then the Broncos...then the Jets...three very average to just outright crap teams.

Fourth times a charm?

Big7BenHOF
11-24-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm a little bit nervous about this game. Only reason though, is that they have nothing to play for anymore. They can try whatever they want.

I think we'll win, but they will give us a good game.

steelpride12
11-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Me im nervous every week, but this week is much different.
The dolphins a winless team look for their first one and who better to get it against but the steelers who blow against bad teams.
Its a plan for disaster and if the steelers don't play hard they will lose this game and almost hand the division over to the browns.
Also 2 big playmakers are out with Holmes and Troy sporting injurys.
Yes very nervous!

MasterOfPuppets
11-24-2007, 05:07 PM
i bet ted ginn can't wait to field a kickoff ......:shake02:

stillers4me
11-24-2007, 05:54 PM
The Jets wrote the game plan........if the Steelers don't mix it up alot this week, every team we play from here on out will have a field day with us. Am I nervous....heck yeah.

Do I still think we can beat the Fins.......heck yeah.

steel striker
11-24-2007, 05:55 PM
About the thing I'm worried about is two areas protecting Ben and our special teams. I think we will be fine and, after that Jet loss I don't think there be any more of those kind of performances. Which we were simply horrible in all three areas special teams protecting Ben and tackling. I hope we come out pissed off and ready destroy anything that moves. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

cubanstogie
11-24-2007, 07:25 PM
I am anxious. We need a dominate win in all phases of the game. I am not convinced we are a great team yet. If the Steelers adapt to what happened last week and respond with a great game I will feel much better. After watching the Jets get trounced by the Cowgirls I felt even worse. I don't understand how we lost to such a pathetic team. I am wondering how many sacks Jason Taylor will get next week. He could have a field day. It would be nice to see our offense open it up and dominate like the Pats or Cowboys do. Running is great especially in playoffs and against high powered offenses. But against these shitty teams we need to come out score and then let our defense do their job. Instead of run, run, pass punt. Too much pressure on our defense. Ben is not Trent Dilfer, let him go out like Tony Romo and make some big plays. Then run late in game. The game has changed , it used to be run first to open up passing game with play action and so forth. Now you rarely see teams run from the get go week in week out. It seems in the past Cowher was scared to put the game into Ben's hands. With 3 1/2 years experience, Ben is more than capable of carrying the offense I believe.

Preacher
11-24-2007, 07:33 PM
We'll see if the issue is that we have just met a couple teams coming off of a bye week and planned well for us, or if we are truly having issues.

SteelCityMan786
11-24-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm the eternal optimist, so I pretty much go into every game with confidence that the Steelers will beat their opponent - or at the very least - give 'em a helluva game. The Steelers are undefeated at HF this season and I see them coming into this game torqued off about their loss to the Jets so I think we're going to see a good game out of our guys. :tt02: I'd have to say NO - I'm not nervous about this game.

This goes for me to. :tt:

Rhee Rhee
11-25-2007, 12:55 AM
if we lose i'll cry if we win idk it will be bittersweet knowing we could have been 8-2 and being talked about as the number 2 seed so ya im pretty nervous...

I used to remember when we wouldn't do so hot when wee were at HF but now somehow sometin changed...

Glace
11-25-2007, 12:40 PM
I feel bad for the dolphins. I sense that Steeler attitude returning to the team after being humbled by a loss to the Jets.

I sense a group of guys that are going to go out and fire on all cylinders to prove to everybody that the Steelers are going to be a team that nobody wants to play heading into the playoffs.

We have heated up at the end of the season the previous couple of years. I expect nothing different this year. Nobody will give a left nut about the Jets game if we go into the playoffs and wreak havoc.

tony hipchest
11-25-2007, 01:39 PM
i thought we would easilly handle the cardinals, yet was worried about the seahawks.

i thought we would beat the crap out of the broncos, and was more concerned with the bengals game.

i thought we would demolish the jets. the loss leaves me nervous about the dolphins.

the steelers should easilly win, especially at home on monday night. but i hope they play scared to lose.

if you read interviews of the players, it seems like they are excited about an "evening at the improv" and kicking it with porter. theyre ready to yuck it up and see their longtime bud. i hope this little reunion doesnt lull them to sleep like their trip to arizona did.

Big D
11-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Go Steelers!
SS

i'm not nervous at all. The fact of the matter is we just got done playing three very tough division games and the jets were comming off there bye week. Nothing to be ashamed of.

revefsreleets
11-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Like HTG said, we lost to the Jets, and the team will be ready for revenge.

BUT, if we had soundly beaten the inferior Jets, judging by how this particular Steelers team has responded, I would have almost expected a loss to the Phins.

I think we'll beat the Dolphins by 3 TD's tomorrow night.

memphissteelergirl
11-26-2007, 11:13 AM
We will get the win tonight, but I think it will be one of those "ugly" wins-by 10-14 pts.

But hey any win is good if it keeps in 1st place in the division. :tt02:

BlastFurnace
11-26-2007, 11:33 AM
I honestly don't know what Steelers team will show up tonight. The one that played against Baltimore or the one against the Jets.

This team is so inconsistent that neither would surprise me.

On paper, we should dominate, but if Keith Traylor has his way with Sean Mahan and Colon struggles with Taylor...it will make life difficult for us on offense.

klick81
11-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Yep, I'm worried like a mofo. Losing to a 0-10 team will NOT be something I want to hear about.

Edman
11-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Steelers Lose...

-Tied with Cleveland for the AFC North lead, blowing an essential 3 game division lead in a matter of weeks.
-Reputation shot even further.
-Angry and Fury on enormous proportions will run rampant in Pittsburgh.

The pressure is on.

revefsreleets
11-26-2007, 12:46 PM
If the Steelers lose, this place will be about as much fun tonight and tomorrow as a funeral parlor.

Trust me, the Steelers win big tonight. Tommy Maddox could play QB for this team and they'd win by 7. The Dolphins are just that bad.

83-Steelers-43
11-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Dolphins are going to have to put up with this...............

ZNgCEN_cT24 Little over seven more hours. Day is dragging. Can't wait to leave. The wait is driving me nuts.

BlastFurnace
11-26-2007, 12:52 PM
If the Steelers lose, this place will be about as much fun tonight and tomorrow as a funeral parlor.

Trust me, the Steelers win big tonight. Tommy Maddox could play QB for this team and they'd win by 7. The Dolphins are just that bad.

That's right, this team never loses to a team quarterbacked by a rookie.......

I hope you are right. I honestly don't know what to expect from the Steelers tonight.

TackleMeBen
11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
after losing to that other ny team i dont take any game as a given win.... and i hope that ben has his rain tires on tonight b/c with our oline he is going to be running for his life again.

SteelCityMan786
11-26-2007, 01:15 PM
after losing to that other ny team i dont take any game as a given win.... and i hope that ben has his rain tires on tonight b/c with our oline he is going to be running for his life again.

Not just Ben, everyone.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Not nervous about the Dolphins

Very nervous with no DB depth against the Bengals if Troy still is out

Palmer is catching fire. And the Browns don't play another team with a winning record.

I'm not being pessimistic to think that we'll lose to the Pats and the Jags.

I'm not even nervous about not winning the division anymore. I welcome a better draft position.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-26-2007, 01:42 PM
ANY GIVEN SUNDAY (or in this case, Monday). The fact that the aying is so true scares me.

But it won't be this Monday.

GoFins11
11-26-2007, 02:07 PM
The key to the Steelers winning is scoring points. The dolphins have lost 5 games by 3 points and the others have been for the most part convincing wins for the opponent. The Dolphins D is very weak this year especially in the secondary. If the Steelers have trouble with the Fins D this will be a close game.
Personally, I think this will be a relatively close game.

Steelers win 31-21

The_WARDen
11-26-2007, 02:40 PM
What a bunch of friggin women!! Well, put on your big girl panties and deal with it!

:banging:

** Apologizes to any women I might have offended by comparing them to these Nancies.

steelpride12
11-26-2007, 04:01 PM
The key to the Steelers winning is scoring points. The dolphins have lost 5 games by 3 points and the others have been for the most part convincing wins for the opponent. The Dolphins D is very weak this year especially in the secondary. If the Steelers have trouble with the Fins D this will be a close game.
Personally, I think this will be a relatively close game.

Steelers win 31-21

Sorry i don't see that rookie QB putting much up against the steelers defense and Williams playing or not will be extemely rustying so i would have to say steelers 31-6!

GoFins11
11-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry i don't see that rookie QB putting much up against the steelers defense and Williams playing or not will be extemely rustying so i would have to say steelers 31-6!

I hope the Steelers are underestimating the fins just as much as you guys are.

The Fins are winning at least 1 game this season and the Dolphins are hungry. One of the teams on the rest of our schedule is going to get upset.:jammin:

BlastFurnace
11-26-2007, 05:07 PM

Yeah...ask the Jets how we beat rookie QB's into the ground.....

I'll believe it when I see it.

TackleMeBen
11-26-2007, 05:13 PM
I hope the Steelers are underestimating the fins just as much as you guys are.

The Fins are winning at least 1 game this season and the Dolphins are hungry. One of the teams on the rest of our schedule is going to get upset.:jammin:
i for one am hoping that the fins lose tonight and then get their first win against the patroits. now that would be funny:wink02:.

revefsreleets
11-26-2007, 06:39 PM
The Dolphins are hungry? I've watched them play, and they look like a team that's given up. If the Steelers would have beaten the Jets, even an ugly win, they would have been PERFECT candidates for an upset this week, but they didn't. This is a team that was just humiliated by a shitty Jets team. They are playing at home, on the national stage, with a chip on their shoulder. I think this is going to be bad, like 41-7 bad.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Always nervous before any game no matter the opponent.