PDA

View Full Version : League still Babying Carson

jjpro11
11-24-2007, 10:52 AM
another case of the league having carson's back and not allowing anyone to touch him. he gets more bullshit roughing calls than any qb i've ever seen.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/102601

Cards: NFL admits bad call; Rolle deserved 3 TDs
Comments 1 | Recommend 1
Mike Tulumello, Tribune
The Cardinals were right. Antonio Smith says he has been vindicated on his personal foul penalty Sunday that cost Antrel Rolle a place in NFL history.

Turnovers key to Cardinals' fortunes
Rolle picks right time to have best game

Rolle closed out Sunday?s win at Cincinnati with his third interception. He was in the process of a 71-yard touchdown return, which would have made him the first player in NFL history to return three interceptions for touchdowns.

But Smith was whistled for hitting quarterback Carson Palmer on the return, and that wiped out the touchdown.

Smith said Friday that Cardinal coaches told him the league has admitted the call was a mistake.

The rules prohibit hits on quarterbacks after such changes of possession unless the quarterback tries to play defense.

That?s what the Cardinals believe happened.

?They (NFL officials) agreed it should have been a no-call,? Smith said.

Smith wasn?t fined on the play, which is normally the case if the call is correct.

Smith joked that his teammates teased him ?all week, saying I was shaving points.?

More seriously, Smith said he regrets Rolle can?t get the touchdown back.

?I do feel bad. He had a chance to break a record. To have it taken away is bad.?

Rolle, though, took the news in stride.

?That?s last week,? he said. ?I?ve gone past that point already.

?I?ve never been too fond of accolades anyway. If I get it, I get it. If I don?t, we live to play another day.?

Earlier in the week, Rolle said, ?Antonio made a great block. I told him, 'Do it again.?

?He was looking out for his teammate, trying to guide me to the end zone. It was a bad call.?

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said, ?I thought it was a clean hit by Antonio. He didn?t do anything that was out of the ordinary for blocking or defending.

?I understand they?re sensitive to protecting the quarterback. But when Antrel does something that nobody has done in the history of the NFL, it?s just unfortunate.?

NFL policy is not to comment to reporters on referees? calls.

fansince'76
11-24-2007, 11:23 AM
And the NFL gets one step closer to being flag football. Remember Ben getting clipped on the long INT return in the SB?

The Duke
11-24-2007, 12:31 PM
And the NFL gets one step closer to being flag football.

definitely. can someone remind the officials that this is football, a hard hitting sport.

gotta love the way rolle acts though....

“That’s last week,” he said. “I’ve gone past that point already.

“I’ve never been too fond of accolades anyway. If I get it, I get it. If I don’t, we live to play another day.”

this guy's got steelers mentality written all over him :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-24-2007, 12:38 PM
And the NFL gets one step closer to being flag football. Remember Ben getting clipped on the long INT return in the SB?

Remember that Ben also got cheap shot against San Diego in a day where those hits weren't considered illegal.

Borski
11-24-2007, 12:49 PM
What I can't stand is the league has "untouchables" and if anyone gets close to them they get penaltys, but other QB's can get terrible hits on them that should be penalized (like the helmet-to-helmet hit in the falcons game last year that gave Ben a concussion) and theres not even as much as "roughing the passer" called

fansince'76
11-24-2007, 01:07 PM
What I can't stand is the league has "untouchables" and if anyone gets close to them they get penaltys, but other QB's can get terrible hits on them that should be penalized (like the helmet-to-helmet hit in the falcons game last year that gave Ben a concussion) and theres not even as much as "roughing the passer" called

Or earlier this season when Ben was body slammed by FIVE Broncos defensive players - no call, of course. :pissed:

tony hipchest
11-24-2007, 02:16 PM
whatever you do, just dont blame poor little carson for throwing a career high interceptions. only ben is big enough to carry blame or responsibility of that magnitude-

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071120/SPT02/711200328

Carson Palmer wasn't around Paul Brown Stadium by the time reporters were allowed in at 3 p.m. Monday.

But it was clear, from the words of his head coach, that the fifth-year quarterback was taking his performance in the Arizona loss hard.

Palmer threw four interceptions in a game for the first time in his pro career. Lewis said he spoke directly to Palmer in the third quarter of Sunday's 35-27 loss to the Cardinals.

"Obviously, our quarterback is a fine player, and he's not going to have days like that often," Lewis said. "We can't allow him to shoulder this. He's pulled us out of those jams many times. We don't want him to feel, as he does, responsible."

:crying01:

then again, nobody should be responsible. marvin lewis obviously isnt even concerned when told the cardinals knew exactly what was coming.-TEA LEAVES: Arizona cornerback Antrel Rolle said after his three-interception performance Sunday that he and his coaches anticipated the pass routes the Bengals would run and the tendencies of the Cincinnati receivers.

"I thought he made a good play on the first interception for a touchdown," Lewis said of Rolle's first pick, a 55-yard touchdown. He later went 54 yards with a second interception.

"I want to quit commenting on that. We're not getting those back," Lewis said.

But was he concerned that the routes were becoming predictable?

"I don't think I'm concerned about that," Lewis said.

:dang: marvin wants to be fired so bad. i wonder if mike brown is bright enough to see the writing on the wall. what an embarrassment.

oh well, bengalfans are back to being insignificant, right along with patfans. (loser smack from winners vs. winner smack from losers)

steel striker
11-24-2007, 09:30 PM
I guess what bothers me the most is Palmer had a game like that and for the most part the media said nothing. Why does he get a free pass? Then they call Manning's 6 int heroic. Yet better this Peyton Manning after the game against us in the 2005 playoffs we had protection problems. Why can't these premadonnas man up and say I did not play well and credit the other team. They pass the buck. Well atleast our qb never makes any excuses for poor play even when he gets sacked 7 times. Also the Pats complain when they win by forty points. You got to love it!!

RoethlisBURGHer
11-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Just put a damn skirt on the QB's. A frilly pink one at that, maybe with ruffles, and some silk. Make it really feminine. Unless it's Ben or Matt Hasselbeck, those guys don't deserve skirts.

Rhee Rhee
11-25-2007, 01:12 AM
what a pintu.. god him and the freakin patriots get free passes to w/e they feel like doin.. patriots should have gotten 1,2,3 round draft picks and bill belichick's entire years paycheck away. now 10% of belichicks salalry and the 1st round draft pick when they already have two...

RoethlisBURGHer
11-25-2007, 01:36 AM
what a pintu.. god him and the freakin patriots get free passes to w/e they feel like doin.. patriots should have gotten 1,2,3 round draft picks and bill belichick's entire years paycheck away. now 10% of belichicks salalry and the 1st round draft pick when they already have two...

The worst part is, if the 49ers don't start winning, the Patriots will have McFadden.

stillers4me
11-25-2007, 08:31 AM
If Ben had a game like that, all we'd here about for weeks is "the real Ben is back"....yada yada yada.