PDA

View Full Version : Let's Goooooooooooo, Mountaineers!!!!!

alittlejazzbird
11-24-2007, 05:13 PM
FINALLY, my Mountaineers (I'm a Class of '84 grad) are playing up to their ability and look to have their destiny well in hand. Honestly, I expected them to choke as they have so many times before....but with a win over UConn and hopefully Pitt next week, can we really be looking at a possible BCS title berth????!!!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
11-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Looks like the numbers aren't lying. WVU courtesy of LSU might be on their to way to New Orleans. Just pray that Kansas/ or Mizzou loses(either one of them will be in the Big XII title game). just for good measure.

Elvis
11-25-2007, 05:22 AM
:tt02::thumbsup:
Congratulations to WVA.. but you still must beat PITT
:coffee:

Steeler in Carolina
11-25-2007, 08:57 AM
What are the chances that Ohio State now jumps WVU?

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2007, 09:57 AM

Not great, best cheer for Oklahoma to be Mizzou.

OneForTheToe
11-25-2007, 10:20 AM
WVU looks like a lock for the BCS Championship Game. Losing to Pitt? Come on ... I would normally be rooting for poor Pitt to pull off the upset, but in this case I want to see a Big East team in the game, so go West Virginia. I think it will be OH State, because I have a feeling tht OKL is going to beat Missou.

revefsreleets
11-25-2007, 03:39 PM

That would be very wrong, and if it happens, it's because the fix is in for TV ratings and such. I'm as big of a Bucks fan as their is, and even given the fact that if OSU lost earlier they would have jumped WVU, they didn't. If Missouri beats OU, the game should be WVU vs. Mizzou. And I'll be cheering for the Mountaineers.

revefsreleets
11-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Bad news for WVU. They had better blow out Pitt next week or the coaches and Harris poll may indeed vault OSU higher. Why? Georgia is ranked 4th now. They lost to Tennessee and finished 2nd to them in the SEC East, yet they are ranked 6 spots higher. Look at Florida. They are a mediocre team at best with 3 losses, but their SOS is artificially inflated because the SEC is perennially overrated. The Big East still doesn't garner the respect they deserve, so anything less then a thoroughly convincing win over Pitt could provide an excuse to move OSU past them next week.

I want to once again go on record saying that I think that would be wrong. If WVU and Missouri win, they deserve the BCS NC game.

Steeler in Carolina
11-25-2007, 05:39 PM
WVU had better look out. #2 teams seem to be jinxed this year. They have been beaten almost every week it seems.

Jeremy
11-26-2007, 06:10 PM

0%

WVU is well ahead of O$U in the BCS standings.

Hines0wnz
11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
OSU+WVU=BCSCG

Jeremy
11-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Why Ohio State? What is it with Ohio State fans that they think they're better than all the other one loss teams in America?

revefsreleets
11-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Easy:

A) Illinois is a quality team. They'll win their bowl game over whatever SEC team they play and vault up to top 10 team heading into 2008. OSU had one slip against a quality foe.
B) The Bucks have only one weakness, and that's QB. And Boeckman is way more talented than Craig Krenzel. When he plays well, the Buckeyes are almost invincible.
C) Balance. The Buckeyes have great skill players at every other position. They have a great OL. They have the best defense in college football.
D) Special teams. Nobody puts more emphasis on it then Tressel. The Bucks have a clutch kicker, a very good punter and exceptional ST coverage teams.
E) Coaching. Tressel won't be judged on the debacle in Phoenix last year. He's one of the best coaches in college football, and knows how to win championships.
F) Intangibles. This team has a chip on their shoulder, and losing to Illinois made it bigger. I feel sorry for whoever they play in their bowl game.

Steeler in Carolina
11-26-2007, 08:35 PM
What always kills me about college football, is why is WV more deserving than Kansas? The only reason is that WV lost early in the season.

revefsreleets
11-27-2007, 07:52 AM
What always kills me about college football, is why is WV more deserving than Kansas? The only reason is that WV lost early in the season.

It is what it is. I guantee if OSU would have lost their one game in week 2 they'd be ranked #1 right now. It's definitely a flawed system, but I'm afraid it'll never get fixed. If there was ever a chance, this year would be the year that lit a fire under some butts. I saw this at Yahoo sports. It's an interesting idea.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=ArY1rmJu5FPEaQgSddyxZ.8cvrYF?slug=dw-playoff112707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Steeler in Carolina
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM
FINALLY, my Mountaineers (I'm a Class of '84 grad) are playing up to their ability and look to have their destiny well in hand. Honestly, I expected them to choke as they have so many times before....but with a win over UConn and hopefully Pitt next week, can we really be looking at a possible BCS title berth????!!!!!!!!

you called it. With Choke Rodriguez as your coach, it happened. He reminds me of Bill Cowher as a coach. It the big games, he plays way to conservative.

rbryan
12-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Anyone else remember Pat White having a real good time last year toward the end of the game when the Panther growl was piped over the PA system at Heinz field?? He was mocking it by going MEOWWWWW on national TV.

Payback is a beatch isn't it. BTW, that was the worst officiating I've seen all year. Those refs should never be allowed to work again.

Edman
12-02-2007, 02:32 AM
What else is there to be said?

West Virginia shits the bed against a bad Pitt team.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Even though I'm a Pitt fan I was kind of hoping to have a Big East rep. in the title game. Despite the refs trying to give the game to WVU, Pitt played one hell of a game. HAIL TO PITT!

HometownGal
12-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Even though I'm a Pitt fan I was kind of hoping to have a Big East rep. in the title game. Despite the refs trying to give the game to WVU, Pitt played one hell of a game. HAIL TO PITT!

I was so torn watching this game. I love Pitt, but there was a part of me that wanted to see the Mountaineers get to the title game. I agree with your statement about the refs - those holding calls in the 2nd half were BS, along with a couple of others.

Congrats to Pitt (and especially their D) for playing a whale of a game and also to WVU for an oustanding season! :cheers:

Steeler in Carolina
12-02-2007, 12:04 PM
One question, how can you guys be Pitt fans, but still want WVU to win? I can't stand WVU. I hope they lose every game, but this was way better. To knock your rival out of the title game. This should compare to last year when the Steelers knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
One question, how can you guys be Pitt fans, but still want WVU to win? I can't stand WVU. I hope they lose every game, but this was way better. To knock your rival out of the title game. This should compare to last year when the Steelers knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs.Lets just say I wouldn't have been upset if Pitt lost. Having WVU in a Championship game would have been good for The Big East as a whole. Thats all.:tt02:

rbryan
12-03-2007, 10:10 AM
One question, how can you guys be Pitt fans, but still want WVU to win? I can't stand WVU. I hope they lose every game, but this was way better. To knock your rival out of the title game. This should compare to last year when the Steelers knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs.

My thoughts exactly, if you wanted WVU to win just because they're in the Big East you don't qualify as a Pitt fan.

During the press conference right after the game (when Rich Rodriquez was about to cry) you could hear the Pitt players going wild in the locker room next door. I guess they weren't too upset about the Big East not being represented in the Championship game either.

CB1977
12-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Why Ohio State? What is it with Ohio State fans that they think they're better than all the other one loss teams in America?

Would you like a little cheese with that whine???

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
12-03-2007, 11:17 AM
One question, how can you guys be Pitt fans, but still want WVU to win? I can't stand WVU. I hope they lose every game, but this was way better. To knock your rival out of the title game. This should compare to last year when the Steelers knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs.i'm with ya on that one...:thumbsup: GO PITT !!!!.....LMAO
http://http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4926/wvirginiadrsv0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

83-Steelers-43
12-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Beautiful game. That's all I gotta say. Simply beautiful. Funny part, the refs were trying to give that game to WVU and they still didn't take advantage of it. Good ending to a injury ridden season.

Steeler in Carolina
12-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Yes, and now their coach has run off and left the fans upset. Rich Rod always has been a loser and him jumping ship proves what a loser he is.

83-Steelers-43
12-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Yes, and now their coach has run off and left the fans upset. Rich Rod always has been a loser and him jumping ship proves what a loser he is.

Nevermind his arrest at Pittsburgh International a few years back for acting like a jackass. Guy was always a tool.

SteelCityMan786
12-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Nevermind his arrest at Pittsburgh International a few years back for acting like a jackass. Guy was always a tool.

One more reason I'm thankful not to have a coach who hasn't went that crazy at PSU. The worst he did was (to the best of my knowledge) have a little bit of a humorus traffic argument.

83-Steelers-43
12-28-2007, 05:09 PM
One more reason I'm thankful not to have a coach who hasn't went that crazy at PSU. The worst he did was (to the best of my knowledge) have a little bit of a humorus traffic argument.

Don't even get me started on Huggins (WVU basketball coach). Guy is a lush who's graduation rate at Cincinnati was a joke. Real class act they have down there.

Dino 6 Rings
03-05-2008, 08:57 AM
13 - 9

Still have it up as my background on my work computer. The Screen shot shows the Pitt players walking off the field with their hands raised in Victory.

Its an ESPN screen shot, so another classic thing about is the ticker on the bottom shows a men's basketball score of Ohio State 46 , Butler 65. Final.

I get two digs in, with one Screen Shot.

Steeler in Carolina
03-05-2008, 08:19 PM
This is going to be a bad year for West Virginia. They had a knee-jerk reaction and hired that new coach. Reminds me of when Dean Smith left UNC and Guthrie became coach. It set back UNC basketball for a couple of years.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2008, 11:26 AM
I tend to agree, Pitt is on the upswing, WVU is on the down, and USF will be fighting mad this year as well.

Rutgers is going to be down, no telling with the Cuse, Louisville is do to rebound a bit, UConn, coin flip that team. Cincy, probably down. This year Pitt should be strong enough to win the Big East, especially with the other teams being so young.

SteelCityMan786
03-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I tend to agree, Pitt is on the upswing, WVU is on the down, and USF will be fighting mad this year as well.

Rutgers is going to be down, no telling with the Cuse, Louisville is do to rebound a bit, UConn, coin flip that team. Cincy, probably down. This year Pitt should be strong enough to win the Big East, especially with the other teams being so young.

I'll have to add to that. Pitt seems bound to have a year that could spur that program. Just look at Penn State, though beating a pathetic Indiana team 22-18, that sparked the comeback of winning in the Program. For Pitt, you guys just beat them 13-9 when they had a chance at a National Championship team. So hey, history might repeat itself down there.

Rutgers- Couldn't agree more

Syracuse- Until we see them doing something good, ask me around week 8

Louisville- Always Good, but with Brohm gone they'll be interesting to follow this year.

Uconn- Undecided

Cincy- Not much seen from them since 2005 when PSU plastered them

WVU- I expect to be down early making the transition to a new head coach, but should do well enough to make a bowl.

USF- Probably the biggest contender for the conference title. Potentially their match up with Pitt could decide who wins the Big East if they play as good as the last 2 years, but also improve.

Pitt's schedule favors them to at least make a bowl game. The big one will be Iowa out of the non-conference. I could see Pitt going 7-5 to 9-3. Wins against Bowling Green, Buffalo, Syracuse, Rutgers, Notre Dame, Cincinnati as locked in wins. The other 6 will be interesting.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2008, 04:35 PM
yep, interesting year, looking forward to the game at Notre Dame, road tripping to that and breaking out the Marino throwback.