PDA

View Full Version : Ricky's Back

deversole
11-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, well, well...It sounds like Ricky Williams is going to play Monday night! What does everyone think.

Borski
11-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Lets welcome him back to the NFL...if ya know what I mean

Glace
11-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Weed isn't going to make the pain from the lumps he's going to get go away.

MACH1
11-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Yep....welcome him back steeler style. Lots of pain.

The Duke
11-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Is he starting or is egg head Chatman starting?

that said, kill him steelers!!

touchdownward
11-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Puff puff give Ricky.

steelcity58
11-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Weed isn't going to make the pain from the lumps he's going to get go away.
:sofunny:

Let's just hope the #1 defense in the league doesn't make a hero out of this guy like they did last week against the lowly Jets, aka "the Green Slime".

:tt02::cheers:

Big D
11-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I dont see ricky as a threat. And I didnt see him as a threat when he came back the first time. The phins will cut him this off season

OneForTheToe
11-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Just someone telll Ricky that the new turf is a special Columbian mix ... he'll cough up the ball a few time per his distraction.

revefsreleets
11-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Didn't he average like 1.2 yards rushing/play in the pass happy CFL? If the dude can't gain more than a yard and a half from a spread offense against a dime defense expecting the pass, why would he be able to do better against us?

fansince'76
11-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Didn't he average like 1.2 yards rushing/play in the pass happy CFL? If the dude can't gain more than a yard and a half from a spread offense against a dime defense expecting the pass, why would he be able to do better against us?

Precisely - he hasn't played in a NFL game in two years, hasn't been worth a damn as a RB in five, but he's going to gouge us all night? This guy toked his best years away.

jjpro11
11-25-2007, 11:26 PM
i dont think i'd count on the dolphins having a running game after the steelers run defense got embarrassed last week. this may be their stingiest game of the year against the run.

Galax Steeler
11-26-2007, 03:52 AM
I don't think ricky will be much of a factor first game in a couple of years.

GoFins11
11-26-2007, 08:23 AM
I don't think Ricky will have too many carries. Maybe 5-10 if any.

GBMelBlount
11-26-2007, 08:34 AM

You never know. QB's not that great & Chatman is listed as questionable.

SteelCityMan786
11-26-2007, 08:54 AM

Can you make sure he doesn't have his pipe so he can't smoke our new sod? :sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Now if this was his first year in Miami, I would be afraid.

The story of Ricky Williams is a tragic one. He could have been one of the greatest ever, now he's a joke in the footnotes of professional football. If someone would have gotten him some help earlier (in college, when he was with the Saints, his first year as a Dolphin), things could be different.

memphissteelergirl
11-26-2007, 10:03 AM
In related news...

officials from the DEA will be in attendance at tonight's game...:wink02:

Haiku_Dirtt
11-26-2007, 12:26 PM
:burning:

You can't deny that Ricky knows how to burn more than cash.

steelpride12
11-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Wow what a homecoming for Williams.....a face full of Steelers breathing down him neck ha can't wait!

jjpro11
11-26-2007, 03:12 PM
we're gonna hit him so hard tonight that he's gonna have to use marijuana for medical purposes to stop the pain.

HometownGal
11-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Want to stop Ricky Williams?

Tie a nickel bag to the goalpost in the Steelers' endzone. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 04:22 PM

That might be good for a couple of safeties for us. "Wrong way Ricky"? :toofunny:

steelpride12
11-26-2007, 05:41 PM
HA wow i just read he will get most of the carries tonight i don't think in any way will he be prepared!

steelcity58
11-26-2007, 05:51 PM

:sofunny: ROFLS...Syrup!!!!

Big D
11-26-2007, 05:57 PM
breaking news. Rickey williams will start tonight

Petesburgh66
11-26-2007, 11:29 PM

The quaility of QBs in the CFL is at the lowest I have seen in a while. None of the starting 8 QBs would have started for a CFL team ten years ago. So it's not a huge pass happy league right now. And it didn't help that Ricky got hurt and that the Toronto Argos abandoned the game running game more times that I could remember that past few years.

klick81
11-27-2007, 12:04 AM
...got stepped on. OUCH!

SteelersFever
11-27-2007, 12:37 AM
...got stepped on. OUCH!

234 lbs of cleat. Ya, that has got to hurt. :jawdrop: Oh... and I hope his head is OK. :banging:

the24fan
11-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Just curious.. if Miami cuts Williams loose in the offseason would fans want to see him in a Steeler uniform?:helmet:

Steelman16
11-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Never!

Sorry, but I highly doubt Weed would make it in a Black and Gold uniform.

jjpro11
11-27-2007, 11:14 AM
lol no.

Borski
11-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Just curious.. if Miami cuts Williams loose in the offseason would fans want to see him in a Steeler uniform?:helmet:

Hell no!

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM

Not only no, but HELL no!

the24fan
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Just sayin.. If the guy could get back to form he can be a dominating factor. Im not sure where his head is but from a pure football standpoint does it make any sense

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Just sayin.. If the guy could get back to form he can be a dominating factor. Im not sure where his head is but from a pure football standpoint does it make any sense

Not really - the Dolphins spent two seasons building their team around him and he quits on them in preseason because he likes weed better than football. The Dolphins have yet to recover. Again, no thank you.

Borski
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM

The guy wasted what would have been his prime, he will get traded at the end of the year and then next year he will be out of the league....either by more pot or by being a non-factor.

besides there are plenty of good players in the draft, as the Steelers have proved time and time again

Steelman16
11-27-2007, 11:24 AM

From a pure football standpoint, he hasn't played for what, like 3 years. I'm sorry, but he'll never be anything like he was. He's pretty soft right now. He'd only be a work in progress for any team besides the Phins.

the24fan
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
all good points..just womnder if someone like MT could light a fire under this guy besides the one in his bong

verks36
11-27-2007, 01:10 PM
When i saw the play on live TV Timmons stepping on Ricky William's shoulder did not look on purpose at all. It did looked like it hurt alot but it looked like he was just trying to get to the ball as fast as he could. Yet, I keep hearing it was intentional. People say it was on purpose because of what Ricky did to the league. Also people go as far as saying that if ricky wasnt injured they would have won.

Reaction

You try stopping on that field and cutting to make a play on that fumble. That shoulder was the most stable surface for footing available. Aren't shoulder pads supposed to soften blows?

Quit trying to find controversy where there is none. The play wasn't over and then he stepped on him, like Haynesworth. He was making a play. If it means recovering a fumble, then I expect a player to do whatever it takes. Just think about what goes on at the bottom of those piles...

That was no mistake that Steeler player Timmons laid on Rickey Williams - he drove his spiked cleat right into his shoulder to take him out of the game knowing the Dolphins had no other experienced back - how shameful.

That was some real crap. Terrible! It would have been the worst defeat ever. 0-11 Dolphins with Ricky Williams beating you at home. Cheap shot. I really believe the Fins should have won that game. Too bad. With that Terrible showing I think the Steelers should be ranked 2nd to last they are terrible. Lose to a 2-8 Jets and win 3-0 to the 0-11 Fins. Yeah they are a good team...........

As I watched the replay of the Williams fumble, I would not help but think that Timmons intentionally stepped on the shoulder of the Dolphin RB. You could see him plant the foot and drive it into Ricky's shoulder. I agree, I think he saw it as an opportunity to get Williams out of the game so Miami would have to use a RB lower on the depth chart. And maybe, Timmons just doesn't like Ricky, after all, he has rubbed some of the players in the league the wrong way with his antics the past few years.

If any one has a video of it please post

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9462/rickywilliamssmokingph3.jpg

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 01:15 PM
When i saw the play on live TV Timmons stepping on Ricky William's shoulder did not look on purpose at all. It did looked like it hurt alot but it looked like he was just trying to get to the ball as fast as he could. Yet, I keep hearing it was intentional. People say it was on purpose because of what Ricky did to the league. Also people go as far as saying that if ricky wasnt injured they would have won.

Reaction

You try stopping on that field and cutting to make a play on that fumble. That shoulder was the most stable surface for footing available. Aren't shoulder pads supposed to soften blows?

Quit trying to find controversy where there is none. The play wasn't over and then he stepped on him, like Haynesworth. He was making a play. If it means recovering a fumble, then I expect a player to do whatever it takes. Just think about what goes on at the bottom of those piles...

That was no mistake that Steeler player Timmons laid on Rickey Williams - he drove his spiked cleat right into his shoulder to take him out of the game knowing the Dolphins had no other experienced back - how shameful.

That was some real crap. Terrible! It would have been the worst defeat ever. 0-11 Dolphins with Ricky Williams beating you at home. Cheap shot. I really believe the Fins should have won that game. Too bad. With that Terrible showing I think the Steelers should be ranked 2nd to last they are terrible. Lose to a 2-8 Jets and win 3-0 to the 0-11 Fins. Yeah they are a good team...........

As I watched the replay of the Williams fumble, I would not help but think that Timmons intentionally stepped on the shoulder of the Dolphin RB. You could see him plant the foot and drive it into Ricky's shoulder. I agree, I think he saw it as an opportunity to get Williams out of the game so Miami would have to use a RB lower on the depth chart. And maybe, Timmons just doesn't like Ricky, after all, he has rubbed some of the players in the league the wrong way with his antics the past few years.

If any one has a video of it please post

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9462/rickywilliamssmokingph3.jpg

Just more whiny-assed jagoffs. I'm guessing you got these quotes from a Bungles, Stains or Cheatriots board? Moving along. :coffee:

MACH1
11-27-2007, 01:45 PM
If he wouldn't of fumbled it would have never happened. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Bigsteve332310
11-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Rickys comeback is already over. Saw a little bit ago that Ricky tore a chest muscle and is out for the season. tough break for ricky.

GoFins11
11-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Just more whiny-assed jagoffs. I'm guessing you got these quotes from a Bungles, Stains or Cheatriots board? Moving along. :coffee:

I don't know, it looked like you can make an arguement that it was intentional. I'm not saying it was intentional however.

Miami did play well enough to win. I can see why he would say that the Dolphins should have won. The Steelers did play bad and probably should have lost but they were playing the Dolphins.

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't know, it looked like you can make an arguement that it was intentional. I'm not saying it was intentional however.

Miami did play well enough to win. I can see why he would say that the Dolphins should have won. The Steelers did play bad and probably should have lost but they were playing the Dolphins.

I can make the same argument about the helmet-to-helmet concussion-rendering hit on Ben in the Atlanta game last year, however no flag was thrown on that one, nor on this one.

Miami crossed midfield twice all night, while the Steelers lived on Miami's side of the field. How is that "playing well enough to win"?

Stlrs4Life
11-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Not back anymore:

From Rotoworld.com:
The Palm Beach Post reports that Ricky Williams is out for the season with a torn chest muscle.
That was fast. Williams probably didn't show enough to garner much trade interest, so the Dolphins must decide if they want to keep him at a cheap salary next season. We'd guess Ricky will be back. With Jesse Chatman hurting, Patrick Cobbs becomes a worthwhile pickup in most leagues. Nov. 27 - 2:50 pm et
Source: Palm Beach Post

GoFins11
11-27-2007, 11:36 PM
I can make the same argument about the helmet-to-helmet concussion-rendering hit on Ben in the Atlanta game last year, however no flag was thrown on that one, nor on this one.

Miami crossed midfield twice all night, while the Steelers lived on Miami's side of the field. How is that "playing well enough to win"?

And what did the Steelers get out of that. 3 points at the very end of the game. The horrible Dolphins D held the Steelers in check, overall.

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 11:38 PM
And what did the Steelers get out of that. 3 points at the very end of the game. The horrible Dolphins D held the Steelers in check, overall.

True enough - I'm just happy we got out of that slopfest with a win, to be perfectly honest.

GoFins11
11-27-2007, 11:58 PM
True enough - I'm just happy we got out of that slopfest with a win, to be perfectly honest.

I would feel the same way. Although I consider the game a victory for us as well. I'm proud of the defense and John Beck did well.

Rhee Rhee
11-28-2007, 02:03 AM
ouch.... who stepped on him? if it was on purpose thats so D-head....