PDA

View Full Version : Ben could be changing agents

Big D
11-25-2007, 03:35 PM
A league source tells us that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has met with agent David Dunn, the key cog in the Athletes First agency. Dunn currently is on suspension, but the rules currently do not prevent him from recruiting.

And a meeting between Dunn and Roethlisberger likewise isn't forbidden, as long as the communications were initiated by the player.

Roethlisberger is represented by Ryan and Bruce Tollner of REP 1 Sports Group.

The eleventh overall pick in the 2004 draft, Roethlisberger is under contract through 2009

Glace
11-25-2007, 04:10 PM
As long as he doesn't deal with Rosenhaus...

Let Ben get us through the end of the season...then we can start hearing about contract negotiations.

Big D
11-25-2007, 04:35 PM
As long as he doesn't deal with Rosenhaus...

Let Ben get us through the end of the season...then we can start hearing about contract negotiations.

tom condon is another agent I want ben to stay 20 feet away from

revefsreleets
11-25-2007, 05:59 PM
The Poston Bros. are public enemy #1. They took the underlying animosity between FO's and players agents and lowered it to new depths.

That being said, David Dunn is trouble. This is not good news, and tells me that Ben is going to be looking for more money then the $75 million I originally thought he'd ask for (and get).

BBR7
11-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Dunn represented Carson when he got his huge $118 million contract. I hope this is a rumor circulated by PFT. I hope Ben isn't going to be greedy and try and handcuff the Rooneys. I also don't like it because it tells me that Ben is thinking about his contract when all his focus should be on this season and making the playoffs.

GeneralRobinson
11-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Or, maybe it means that his previous agent was advocating taking a harder line and he hired one whose priority was getting a deal done that would keep him in Pittsburgh. Just some "glass half full" speculating.

iloveben7
11-26-2007, 12:04 AM
I read an article in the paper and it was talking about Ben and his old agent-it never said anything about a new agent. We all know Ben wants to stay in Pittsburgh for the rest of his career, so he'll do anything to stay here.

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 12:15 AM
We all know Ben wants to stay in Pittsburgh for the rest of his career, so he'll do anything to stay here.

Wish I could believe that....

jjpro11
11-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Or, maybe it means that his previous agent was advocating taking a harder line and he hired one whose priority was getting a deal done that would keep him in Pittsburgh. Just some "glass half full" speculating.

its nice to think that way.. but reality probably says otherwise.

Galax Steeler
11-26-2007, 04:55 AM
In this day and time money talks if we can't come up with a good contract then bye bye ben.

Michael Keller
11-26-2007, 07:18 AM
I hate this topic with a burning passion. I walked away from major league baseball which I once loved. As much as I love the Steelers I can see this greed getting to me. Call it you what want thats what it is.

Jermote Bettis once said when he took his pay cut-----"its all aboput quality of life not all the money you can get."

Ben I hope your hanging out with Jerome this off season.

HometownGal
11-26-2007, 09:07 AM
We all know Ben wants to stay in Pittsburgh for the rest of his career, so he'll do anything to stay here.

I hope you're right, but you know the old saying . . . "Money talks....".

The Rooneys know how valuable Ben is to the organization and most importantly, the team. I think they will go out on a limb to keep Ben, as long as his asking price is somewhere within reason.

TackleMeBen
11-26-2007, 09:22 AM
we all know that athletes say one thing but will do something else if the money is better. not saying that ben would do that. but everyone knows that its all about the money.

CanadianSteel
11-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Hopefully Ben is smart enough like Tom Brady and sign for a little bit less than he could probably demand, so the team can also invest in the talent around him.We saw what Romo signed for and I think (hope) Ben will ask in that neighborhood...

klick81
11-26-2007, 10:58 AM
We'll see what Ben's priorities are soon enough.

TackleMeBen
11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
We'll see what Ben's priorities are soon enough.

yeah, money, golf and women:wink02:

jjpro11
11-26-2007, 04:16 PM
we signed kordell to the largest deal in steelers history at the time.. i cant see us not paying the guy who won us our first super bowl in 25 years.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2007, 04:23 PM
He deserves to be paid like a franchise QB........I say pay him........I know I don't want to see the Steelers go through another string of QBs like they did since Bradshaw retired.....Ben is easily the 2nd greatest QB in team history and I know I would like to see him have his prime years in a Steelers uniform....