PDA

View Full Version : Pressure is on the Steelers again.

Edman
11-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Cleveland won today, and have an pretty easy schedule for here on out. Steelers still have the Patriots and Jaguars. Including a road game against the Rams.

I'm not too confident at all, why? This team is jekyll and hyde. If they can lose to teams like the Jetlags, they can certainly drop the road game in St.Louis. As we have already seen, the Steelers crap the bed against crappy teams. The road is not their friend. I'm almost certain this team won't beat the Patriots(not saying they won't), and will likely lose to the Jaguars with this hideous O-Line. This freaking O-Line will be the death of the Steelers this year. 12 sacks allowed to below average defenses the previous two games.

I'm not giving up, but my confidence has dwindled quite a bit. Losing to the Jets and watching how horridly disgusting the Steelers looked doing it took a lot out of me. I went through a week of pondering, confusion, and embarrassment.

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Need to win out at home and at least split with Rams and Ravens to win the division (I have no illusions about what will happen in New England after the 3 road losses).

I have no doubt about winning Monday night but the Bengals offense has revived & next week is now a crucial game.

fansince'76
11-25-2007, 04:35 PM
The comeback from 15 points down against the Browns was huge, and it's getting bigger by the week.

BlastFurnace
11-25-2007, 05:05 PM
I like the pressure being on the team tomorrow night. Based upon the history of this bunch...and I'm not just talking about this year...as much pressure as possible needs to be placed upon them.

The good thing right now, is that the Steelers control their own destiny. We basically have a 2 game lead in the division with 6 to play. With Tennessee losing the past couple of weeks, it also helps us.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-25-2007, 05:07 PM
The comeback from 15 points down against the Browns was huge, and it's getting bigger by the week.

No doubt man....If Ben didn't take charge in the second half of that game....We would be a deep world of crap right now.....

SteelDogFan
11-25-2007, 05:15 PM
The Browns are showing that their offense can score but the defense is still suspect. If the Steelers lay any more eggs against teams they are supposed to beat. They may lose the division. I don't pay that much attention to their team. But when I looked at their schedule, MAN they can actually run the table. They probably wont but they don't really have any game that they cant win.

Losses that don't make sense are now going to hurt the Steelers chances to win the division. I'm so glad we own the tie-breaker, that is if it comes to that, they may pass us by week 15 and the fact that we beat them twice wont mean diddly.

The Duke
11-25-2007, 05:37 PM
iy's pretty eady what the steelers have to do right now- WIN.

Do not underestimate any opponent and beat every single one of them.

If not we will be going for the wildcard.....

BlastFurnace
11-25-2007, 05:37 PM
The Browns are showing that their offense can score but the defense is still suspect. If the Steelers lay any more eggs against teams they are supposed to beat. They may lose the division. I don't pay that much attention to their team. But when I looked at their schedule, MAN they can actually run the table. They probably wont but they don't really have any game that they cant win.

Losses that don't make sense are now going to hurt the Steelers chances to win the division. I'm so glad we own the tie-breaker, that is if it comes to that, they may pass us by week 15 and the fact that we beat them twice wont mean diddly.

The Cardinals offer some hope next week. The problem is that we need to take care of business against the Bengals. Put aside the Bengals record....they can beat us if we come out slow.

A Stain loss next week and we win gives us a 3 game lead (including tie breaker) with 5 left.

This team is capable of anything....at each end of the spectrum. I still think we will make the playoffs, but I think we will be playing the 1st week of the offseason...whether it be as a division winner or as a Wild Card.

jjpro11
11-25-2007, 07:09 PM
that loss to the jets was just so uncalled for. but no.. we always gotta make it interesting.

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Denver & Tennessee losing helped if the bottom falls out and the Steelers are fighting for a wildcard.

Arizona's defense is horrible and the Browns was not that bad today. Next Sunday night could have some grim postings on this board.

Rotorhead
11-25-2007, 09:26 PM
LOL I post pretty much the same thread after last week's lost and get ripped for it . . . now after the Clowns post yet another win everyone is seeing what I was saying last week . . . i reiterate, we simply can not lose more that one game if we want to win the division, if we lose 2 our playoff chances will be in jeapardy as well! The Clowns schedule is just too easy and they have everything to play for, our schedule has the Pats and the Jags, both easily in the top five teams this season.

redzone79
11-25-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm not so much worried about tomorrow's game against Miami, that's a no-brainer as long as Ben doesnt keep hold of the ball and get sacked or throw an interception. Plus, the offense needs to step up and protect the QB. Well, my fears should be put to rest after tonights almost upset of NE but it's not, I am still concerned about the game against NE... The only time I will be at ease is when we are beating them by 50-100 pts, LOL!

Davison_K
11-25-2007, 11:33 PM
The Steelers lost to three teams they "should have beat." We could easily be another undefeated team right now if we didn't drop games that everyone expected us to win. When we play to our ability, we are unstoppable, but its the games that we "should win" or "should RUN all over" that we end up losing to. It is kind of disappointing. Going into tonights/Monday's game just makes me nervous. Its another game we "should win." Lets just hope we don't underestimate a team AGAIN.

Steel Pit
11-26-2007, 01:56 AM
LOL I post pretty much the same thread after last week's lost and get ripped for it . . . now after the Clowns post yet another win everyone is seeing what I was saying last week . . . i reiterate, we simply can not lose more that one game if we want to win the division, if we lose 2 our playoff chances will be in jeapardy as well! The Clowns schedule is just too easy and they have everything to play for, our schedule has the Pats and the Jags, both easily in the top five teams this season.

Sorry to disappoint you but the Steelers may just lose 2 of their remaining games and they would still win the division with their 11-5 record. You're obviously failing to see the obvious, "THE BROWNS AREN'T GOING TO FREAKING WIN OUT". Give us all a break man. You're talking about the Cleveland Browns who possess one of the worst defenses in the N.F.L.

We could lose 2 of our remaining games and the Browns will probably lose 2 of their remaining games. Why the big worry?

Galax Steeler
11-26-2007, 04:06 AM
The steelers play better with pressure on them I look for them to start playing better ball.Hell the eagles almost beat the patriots.So maybe we can give them a game.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-26-2007, 08:19 AM
I am confident in this team winning the division. I don't see us beating New England, but I can see us winning every game left but that.

And Cleveland will drop a game along the way.

Rotorhead
11-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Hmmm, I don't understand why you don't think the Browns will not win out, they don't play anyone any good, they are better than the rest of the teams they play for the rest of the season, bad defense or not. Besides, I tend to plan for the worst and hope for the best and worst case is they win out . . .

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Hmmm, I don't understand why you don't think the Browns will not win out, they don't play anyone any good, they are better than the rest of the teams they play for the rest of the season, bad defense or not.

Kinda like we're a better team than the Broncos, Cards, and Jets. They won 3 in a row earlier this year and it was treated like a historical event. You really think they'll wind up winning their last 7 in a row? Like I said in another thread, I'll believe that when it happens.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Kinda like we're a better team than the Broncos, Cards, and Jets. They won 3 in a row earlier this year and it was treated like a historical event. You really think they'll wind up winning their last 7 in a row? Like I said in another thread, I'll believe that when it happens.

Exactly.

The Browns will probally lose to Arizona on Sunday. Warner can torch them, and I think we all know how disruptive their defense can be.

I can also see them losing to Cinci if their offense truly is back on track.

klick81
11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Can't believe we're sitting here hoping for a Cleveland loss. That's a new one!

jjpro11
11-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Hmmm, I don't understand why you don't think the Browns will not win out, they don't play anyone any good, they are better than the rest of the teams they play for the rest of the season, bad defense or not. Besides, I tend to plan for the worst and hope for the best and worst case is they win out . . .

they always play a wacky game vs cincy.. neither team can stop each other. arizona is up in the air too, although they lost to the 49ers yesterday. the bills arent slouches anymore and maybe the jets will pull one out of their asses again. any given sunday.

Steel Pit
11-28-2007, 04:25 AM

Good teams don't truly become "good teams" until they "learn how to win". First off I don't want to imply that I think the Browns are a good team because I don't. I think that the Browns, with their current crop of players, can be a good team in about 2 years. At that point they'll have to learn how to win versus opponents that they really shouldn't be beating as well as learning how to win "MOST" of the games versus opponents that they definitely should be beating. In my opinion, the Browns are 2 years away from being a legitimate threat.

As for this year and your belief that the Browns will win out, well that's hogwash. The Browns will lose at least 2 of their remaining games. I don't need to look at their remaining schedule, they're the Browns and I know from watching them this season that they are a very beatable team for just about anyone. No playoffs for the Browns this season, I guarantee you that.

Now look me up when all is said and done so I can say " I told you so".

Counselor
11-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Arizona's defense is horrible and the Browns was not that bad today. Next Sunday night could have some grim postings on this board.

Don't forget the Whiz factor---he's got an advantage against any AFC North team.

To those of you who actually think the Browns will "win out"---the Browns are not the Colts or the Pats . . .I repeat they are not the Colts or Pats.

X-Terminator
11-28-2007, 09:01 AM
If the Steelers beat the Bungles and the Browns lose at Arizona, then this whole thing becomes moot. At that point, the only thing preventing the Steelers from winning the division is a complete collapse, which I do not foresee happening.

Steel Pit
12-02-2007, 11:07 PM

Well, now do you see why you got ripped for this as well as your previous comment?
Watch the games Bro, the Clowns are still a bunch of Clowns although they have been a very-fortunate bunch of Clowns this season. Fortune doesn't carry a team through a season, you still have to have good coaching, a great defense, and the know how to win games. The Browns don't have any of the aforementioned traits therefore you should have expected a little razzing after posting your concerns.

Edman
12-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Cleveland lost and Pittsburgh won.

The Steelers have a 2 game(plus the tie breaker, which actually makes 3) lead in the North. With 4 games to go.

The AFC North title is within reach...

Steel Pit
12-02-2007, 11:15 PM
If the Steelers beat the Bungles and the Browns lose at Arizona, then this whole thing becomes moot. At that point, the only thing preventing the Steelers from winning the division is a complete collapse, which I do not foresee happening.

Nice call X-Terminator, I just wish that more Steelers fans would have had the same confidence in our team and less confidence in the fraudulent Browns.

FastWillieParker39
12-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Cleveland lost and Pittsburgh won.

The Steelers have a 2 game(plus the tie breaker, which actually makes 3) lead in the North. With 4 games to go.

The AFC North title is within reach...

Yep, it's ours to lose now

Steel Pit
12-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Good teams don't truly become "good teams" until they "learn how to win". First off I don't want to imply that I think the Browns are a good team because I don't. I think that the Browns, with their current crop of players, can be a good team in about 2 years. At that point they'll have to learn how to win versus opponents that they really shouldn't be beating as well as learning how to win "MOST" of the games versus opponents that they definitely should be beating. In my opinion, the Browns are 2 years away from being a legitimate threat.

As for this year and your belief that the Browns will win out, well that's hogwash. The Browns will lose at least 2 of their remaining games. I don't need to look at their remaining schedule, they're the Browns and I know from watching them this season that they are a very beatable team for just about anyone. No playoffs for the Browns this season, I guarantee you that.

Now look me up when all is said and done so I can say " I told you so".

I TOLD YOU SO!