PDA

View Full Version : Browns overrated???

19ward86
11-25-2007, 07:10 PM
i bet nobody here thought that the browns could possibly be overrated ever. some say they were in a close game with the steelers but if it wasnt for our bad coverage team they wouldnt of scored at least 14 of their 28 points. derreck anderson is as unaccurate as kyle boller and he reminds me of rexxy sexxy in chicago. he might start pretty well but in the last few games he has been less impressive and the whole year he has been under par in accuracy. he has all the weapons in the world and yet he still cant keep 48% of his throws out of the dirt. the win today capped off the fact that i will get tormented about how great the browns are because they can beat sub par teams. please respond to this, i need help.

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Sorry i cannot cheer you up.

Browns are this year's 4th place team from the prior year that has a soft schedule and capitalizes on it. Steelers have soft out of division games and manage to lose them.

For the Steelers to win the division, they better hope the Browns do not accomplish something the Steelers could not - beat a mediocre Arizona team at home that currently is in OT at home with the freaking 49ers.

TroysBadDawg
11-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey I never said We were great, I said our Defense sucks, And I am not sure that Quinn is the answer either. I have never seen him play in a real NFL game, only pre-season where the players he plaed against are either on the taxi squad or are bagging groceries. Anderson has come a long way but now he is regressing and I am not sure why. I am not a coach, nor do I make the decisions or make the money they do. I just cry in my beer or get it spiiled on me by the people jumping up and down near me when the Browns do good.
I wish I had an answer for you but I am try to be as honest as I can be. This is why some say I am not a True Browns fan, because I don't see the world through Brown colored glasses, or are they rose colored? No matter, the fact remains that I am not sure why the talking heads are clammering about the Browns except for the fact they said we were going to stink up the place this year and not win more than three 4 at the most. well we almost doubled that, and they are back peddling like crazy, now thinking they found the holy grail. But if you really look at what some are saying they are still down playing the Browns giving back handed compliments to us.
Hey that is what it is to be a Browns fan, we take what we can get, We relish in for the time being until something better comes along or we wake up to find it was a dream.

I still say the fat man needs to go, so does the some of the other coaches he brought in. But you didn't ask about that and I won't hijack the thread. There are enough on this board that don't like us Browns fans already, so I don't need to give them any excuses for blasting me on that.

HAve a great week and hope I helped or at least muddied the water more for you.

Mosca
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
The game films are their resume, and the films show a young team learning what it takes to win. How good are they? Right now, one game not as good as the Steelers, that's how good.

19ward86
11-25-2007, 07:56 PM
hey, im not going to say they arent better but when the browns are listed as one of the top teams in the NFL and yet they have the worst defense and barely win games against teams that a top team should beat, i do take note that the steelers losses have all came to bad teams but our coach is inexperienced and it showed, trying to pass against the #1 pass D in the leage(broncos), ken whiz knows our offense and defense inside and out so that loss was because he knows us too well, then the jets game was a lack of our O line blocking and our D line closing down on their o line, im not taking credit away from these teams just trying to say a big reason why we lost these games. the browns are better but they need much more work to be considered a team even to be close as good as the steelers very respectable organization. sorry if my jerk like comments offend but it seems it is the only way to get it across others. thanks for your comments though i really mean it.

Michael Keller
11-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Here is what I know ! Their schedule is incredibly weak. and they are a young hungry team , That makes me a little bit nervous when we got the Pats and Jaguars ahead.

I think our guys are going to play better with the presure on them and in fact I think that is what this team needs.

jjpro11
11-25-2007, 08:13 PM
they could have easily been coming off a 3 or 4 game losing streak before today.. but whatever. it seems like almost everything goes their there way in every game they play in.

tony hipchest
11-25-2007, 08:20 PM
like it or not, the browns are a 7-4 team and will be treated as such. i would still pick the chargers to beat the browns, but at this point, it is their play and their record earning them recognition, not their reputation.

Elvis
11-25-2007, 08:50 PM
i bet nobody here thought that the browns could possibly be overrated ever. some say they were in a close game with the steelers but if it wasnt for our bad coverage team they wouldnt of scored at least 14 of their 28 points. derreck anderson is as unaccurate as kyle boller and he reminds me of rexxy sexxy in chicago. he might start pretty well but in the last few games he has been less impressive and the whole year he has been under par in accuracy. he has all the weapons in the world and yet he still cant keep 48% of his throws out of the dirt. the win today capped off the fact that i will get tormented about how great the browns are because they can beat sub par teams. please respond to this, i need help.
I couldnt dissagree with you more.
I love the way this young man looks... he is tough and he makes plays usually when he has to. The Browns in all honesty should have beaten us a couple weeks ago. The Browns are Not Overrated in my opinion. They are gonna probably make the play-offs and it wouldnt suprise me if we meet them again down the line.
:tt02:

Elvis
11-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Here is what I know ! Their schedule is incredibly weak. and they are a young hungry team , That makes me a little bit nervous when we got the Pats and Jaguars ahead.

I think our guys are going to play better with the presure on them and in fact I think that is what this team needs.
And you dont think that the Steelers schedule isnt easy? We have one of the easiest schedules probably in the league. And we lose to the JETS.... and Cardnals and Broncos? We should have beaten all but maybe one of these.. being that the Broncos are looking alot better now than early on in the season. To Lose To The Jets? Give me a break, our team is so Inconsistent so far, it isnt funny. What do you think that the Patriots are gonna do to us in a few weeks if we play like we did against the Jets or Cardinals or Broncos in the 1st half of that game?... It is scary to me... maybe
Patriots 60
Steelers 21?

19ward86
11-26-2007, 03:25 PM
I couldnt dissagree with you more.
I love the way this young man looks... he is tough and he makes plays usually when he has to. The Browns in all honesty should have beaten us a couple weeks ago. The Browns are Not Overrated in my opinion. They are gonna probably make the play-offs and it wouldnt suprise me if we meet them again down the line.
:tt02:

they should of beaten us??? are u nuts, they didnt play any better than us, i know special teams is apart of the game but if kickoff and punting wasnt apart of the game they wouldnt of scored at least 14 of their 28 points. everyone here knows that our special teams has been one of the worst when it comes to kickcoverage, puntcoverage,punting, well i guess sepulveda has improved ours a little bit but we are still allowing 10 yards/return. no they shouldnt of beaten us, we should of killed them, yeah they might make the playoffs but they wont last, since they dont have to play us agian they might win out and win the division but i still think that they arent to be considered a top team in the NFL, if u watched yesterdays game, there was a point in the third quarter when the texans allowed the following plays....

(approximate not exact)
20yd pass
15yd run
12yd run
8yd run
17yd run and a 5 yarder, i dont know how fast jamal lewis is any more but who lets a 260lb running back break that many big runs, tell me they just arent getting lucky.

Big D
11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
And you dont think that the Steelers schedule isnt easy? We have one of the easiest schedules probably in the league. And we lose to the JETS.... and Cardnals and Broncos? We should have beaten all but maybe one of these.. being that the Broncos are looking alot better now than early on in the season. To Lose To The Jets? Give me a break, our team is so Inconsistent so far, it isnt funny. What do you think that the Patriots are gonna do to us in a few weeks if we play like we did against the Jets or Cardinals or Broncos in the 1st half of that game?... It is scary to me... maybe
Patriots 60
Steelers 21?

we have 3 bad games out of ten and you think we are inconsistant? 60-21? have you been watching this team play? so quick to forget about the seahawks and ravens games

revefsreleets
11-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Overrated? I don't know. In the NFL this year I think they have 10-6 talent, and will probably finish 10-6.

Big D
11-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Overrated? I don't know. In the NFL this year I think they have 10-6 talent, and will probably finish 10-6.

their schedule is very favorable. Cardinals,jets,bills,bengals and the niners. I dont think 11-5 is out of the question

steelpride12
11-26-2007, 06:51 PM
I see the browns as being not overrated one bit. They have been bad their entire years of existance its about time they have a team. They have been getting good draft picks and also free agents why is everyon surprised their good!?

revefsreleets
11-26-2007, 06:52 PM
I think they'll beat the Jets, Bills and Niners. The Bengals will pull themselves together enough to get revenge and the Cards CAN outscore the Browns at home.

The Duke
11-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I think they'll beat the Jets, Bills and Niners. The Bengals will pull themselves together enough to get revenge and the Cards CAN outscore the Browns at home.

Not so sure about the cards, but the bungles( if they play seriously like yesterday) can pull off a win against the brownies.

probably another big shootout just that the other team will come out victorious

revefsreleets
11-26-2007, 07:02 PM
The Cardinals offense is pretty impressive when they are at home, and they are at home against the Browns.

HometownGal
11-26-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't think the Browns are overrated as far as their offense goes. Derek Anderson has stepped up big time and Braylon Edwards and Winslow, Jr. are having very good seasons. They have a damned good return man in Cribbs, as well. Their achilles heel is their pourous D and that is what will prevent them from getting past the first round of the playoffs should they get in as a WC.

Stlrs4Life
11-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey I never said We were great, I said our Defense sucks, And I am not sure that Quinn is the answer either. I have never seen him play in a real NFL game, only pre-season where the players he plaed against are either on the taxi squad or are bagging groceries. Anderson has come a long way but now he is regressing and I am not sure why. I am not a coach, nor do I make the decisions or make the money they do. I just cry in my beer or get it spiiled on me by the people jumping up and down near me when the Browns do good.
I wish I had an answer for you but I am try to be as honest as I can be. This is why some say I am not a True Browns fan, because I don't see the world through Brown colored glasses, or are they rose colored? No matter, the fact remains that I am not sure why the talking heads are clammering about the Browns except for the fact they said we were going to stink up the place this year and not win more than three 4 at the most. well we almost doubled that, and they are back peddling like crazy, now thinking they found the holy grail. But if you really look at what some are saying they are still down playing the Browns giving back handed compliments to us.
Hey that is what it is to be a Browns fan, we take what we can get, We relish in for the time being until something better comes along or we wake up to find it was a dream.

I still say the fat man needs to go, so does the some of the other coaches he brought in. But you didn't ask about that and I won't hijack the thread. There are enough on this board that don't like us Browns fans already, so I don't need to give them any excuses for blasting me on that.

HAve a great week and hope I helped or at least muddied the water more for you.

How do you mean Anderson regressing? He is doing pretty good yet.

TroysBadDawg
11-28-2007, 02:01 PM
How do you mean Anderson regressing? He is doing pretty good yet.
He is still throwing in thedirt, and now throwng to soon in the pocket, not taking his time like he did before, he is rushing himself forcing the play. Plus now he is telegraphing his passes like he was doing at the fist of the season and last of last season, staring at one receiver and not looking at the entire field. I was only a running back, so I can not put myself in his shoes completely, but I see what he is doing and it is not good.
I hope he can correct it, if I can see it the opposing coaches can also see it, unless someone is laying a trap for latter on? Could be?

19ward86
11-28-2007, 10:25 PM
rex grossman, he had the world in his hands at the beginning half of the 2006 season and then a total transformation, when he started throwing into double or tripple coverage he wouldnt be lucky enough for it not to be intercepted like at the beginning of the season. if u watch, goofy derek anderson does the same thing, he can make some great throws but 1 for 10 is not a good percentage when talking about good throws. i dont see him being a franchise guy in the NFL. sorry, that is my opinion.

j-dawg
12-02-2007, 10:41 AM
hey guys, haven't been able to post lately cause my power source crapped out on my desktop..... interesting thread here.... so i figured i'd chime in.

i read above someone saying jamal lewis is 260lbs!! he's actually 230, and he's been able to grind out a game when the browns are ahead.... something none of the previous running backs the past ten years have been able to do. i've seen the defense get better, especially the D-line in the past three games. crucial third down sacks to push teams out of field goal range. our safties are improving EVERY game... don't believe me, just watch what they did to houston last week.

this team is playing good enough football to be 7-4. winning five out of the last six and not losing two in a row the whole season is HUGE for this franchise. i can understand troy and some others blasting DA on his accuracy... but i've seen him come up BIG on the clutch plays... COME ON TROY didn't you see DA throw that laser to Braylon at the end of regulation against the ravens? under pressure, jersey being grabbed, steps up, squares the shoulders and gets out a catchable ball?

NO ONE was expecting anything more than 2-4 wins from the browns this year. don't look now, but this team has a chance of winning the afcn. say what you want, call out their imperfections... talk about how "if kickoff and punting wasn't a part of the game they wouldnt of scored at least 14 of their 28 points." hey those are points... chicago went to the superbowl last year and it had a lot to do with hester. i'll take a win no matter how they get it. i'm just going to enjoy it while i can, who knows what next season brings.... all i know is it's december and the browns have a chance of making the playoffs! :cheers:

19ward86
12-02-2007, 11:58 AM
i agree that the browns are good this year, i cant say that their not, DA reminds me of tony romo because he throws into coverage and still gets lucky enough for his reciever to come down with it, im not taking away any skill away from kellen or bralyon i just believe if a 5 ft 10in reciever was who he was throwing to, he wouldnt be so lucky. the browns are better but everyone knows they have slipped by a few games in which they could of lost. please dont mention the steelers because that is a different subject.

j-dawg
12-02-2007, 12:12 PM
i agree that the browns are good this year, i cant say that their not, DA reminds me of tony romo because he throws into coverage and still gets lucky enough for his reciever to come down with it, im not taking away any skill away from kellen or bralyon i just believe if a 5 ft 10in reciever was who he was throwing to, he wouldnt be so lucky. the browns are better but everyone knows they have slipped by a few games in which they could of lost. please dont mention the steelers because that is a different subject.

slipped by or not, they WON the games. luck has nothing to do with the receptions... it's all skill and matchups... any quarterback in the nfl would be making the throws DA has if they had kellon, braylon, or joe as their recievers. that's a fact. the team is playing to its strengths.. isn't that what a good team is supposed to do? shessh, if dawson hit that field goal against the raiders the brownies would be 8-3 right now.... so far, i've seen a browns team that can score on every team they've played... i'll take that. :thumbsup: