PDA

View Full Version : Eagles paving blueprints on how to beat Patriots

iupdauber
11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Watching the game right now and am seeing a few things that look promising for the steelers.

1. The Eagles arent exactly protecting Feely very well, and they are still moving the ball. The center of the field is open for quick hitters, and our receivers are fast enough to get open quickly. Heath could be huge in the game.

2. Get to Brady and he gets rattled. They arent running the ball AT ALL, nothing different from any other game, but Pittsburgh wont have to load up against the run, just get to Brady, and HIT the recievers. (they dont like being hit)

3. Philly is running a fast paced offense, and NE's D is too slow to keep up. Westbrook is getting outside on the run, and FWP is just as fast and can rack up some big gains.

All in all, watching the Eagles keep pace with the dirty Pats is really giving me confidence, not matter how the second half plays out. Anyone else noticing these same things?

Edman
11-25-2007, 09:17 PM
The Steelers know the blueprint, but unfortunately, we have Bruce Arians as our offensive coordinator. He plays not to lose. Bruce'll run Willie twice up the middle, then watches Ben get sacked out of shotgun on 3rd Down. That's his gameplan. Especially on the road. He'll only open up and let Ben throw when the Steelers are behind.

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2007, 09:20 PM
The Steelers know the blueprint, but unfortunately, we have Bruce Arians as our offensive coordinator. He plays not to lose. Bruce'll run Willie twice up the middle, then watches Ben get sacked out of shotgun on 3rd Down. That's his gameplan. Especially on the road. He'll only open up and let Ben throw when the Steelers are behind.

If Tomlin gives him a swift kick in the ass, that might help

iupdauber
11-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Very true. The thing that gives me hope for the future play calling is the amount of heat Tomlin has been taking as of late. It is very admirable that he is taking the blame for everything, but there is only so much heat a coach can take before he goes behind the scenes and sets things straight. Or so I hope.

jjpro11
11-25-2007, 09:44 PM
i dont think our super cover D or whatever its called will work.. lebeau is going to have to go back to the blitzburgh days to beat the pats. pressure absolutely kills brady. even if you dont sack him, just disrupt his foot placement and momentum.

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2007, 09:48 PM
i dont think our super cover D or whatever its called wont work.. lebeau is going to have to go back to the blitzburgh days to beat the pats. pressure absolutely kills brady. even if you dont sack him, just disrupt his foot placement and momentum.

I bet LeBeau & Tomlin are having that conversation constantly

Coach Dad has to convince Tomlin that Peyton & Brady may or may not beat the blitz
but definitely will carve up a bend but don't break cover 2.

Rhee Rhee
11-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Watching the game right now and am seeing a few things that look promising for the steelers.

1. The Eagles arent exactly protecting Feely very well, and they are still moving the ball.

Only thing i disagree with u.. first of all they are doing a hell of a job... sometimes it looks like feely is just releasing the ball so fast.. but sometimes his line is doing such a good job its incredible...... i just wish our entire secondary is ready.. thats y i feel next yr in the draft we need to draft more depth for DB's so that we can keep up with these kinda teams.... look at jabar gaffney i mean jabar gaffney! great game for him.. he's like their 4th or 5th reciever.

Rotorhead
11-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Um I think our ENTIRE next draft needs to be on Oline lol (joke)

jjpro11
11-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Only thing i disagree with u.. first of all they are doing a hell of a job... sometimes it looks like feely is just releasing the ball so fast.. but sometimes his line is doing such a good job its incredible...... i just wish our entire secondary is ready.. thats y i feel next yr in the draft we need to draft more depth for DB's so that we can keep up with these kinda teams.... look at jabar gaffney i mean jabar gaffney! great game for him.. he's like their 4th or 5th reciever.

our dbs should be the least of our worries for that game. our oline and getting pressure on brady are the biggest issues. the oline has to step up and the D has to rattle brady.

BlastFurnace
11-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Um I think our ENTIRE next draft needs to be on Oline lol (joke)

I know your joking, but if the 1st 3 picks were O-lineman...it wouldn't bother me a bit.

OneForTheToe
11-25-2007, 11:36 PM
I think the blue print for beating the Pats was started by the Colts, and even a bit by the Cowboys, and expanded on by the Eagles. I think the Eagles had the best D 'scheme for slowing down that offense.

On the other hand, AJ Feeley's play tonight notwithstanding, I don't want us to take offensive advise from the worst play-caller in the NFL.- that being Andy Ried. The man would throw a pass while leading a game with second and inches and 20 seconds left in the game. I still think the key for the Steelers is FWP.

OX1947
11-26-2007, 12:02 AM
What exactly is the blueprint? That you can not suck long enough to still lose?

This is the weakest I have seen the Pats D in the Bela(bleep) era. Exploit the secondary with those short passes and keep Brady off the field. That is the only blueprint to have a good chance to beat them. I don't think we needed it from Indy or Philly to realize that.

It would help this time around to knock Brady out of the game. I don't see Cassell doing what Bledsoe did only once in his career in 2001 which was play clutch. But we helped that out by sucking on SP as usual and Joey Porter dropping a game ending INT. I hate Bela&#*(^&. I wouldn't care if that son of a BLEEP wasn't the coach.

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Hasn't the "blueprint" been fairly apparent all along?

If we pressure Brady, we will be successful, if not, we will get eaten alive. Simple.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=296326#post296326

Of course, a couple of 8-10 minute drives like we had in the Seattle game would help immensely as well. I'm still not impressed with NE's D whatsoever, so it's not out of the question.

HometownGal
11-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Hasn't the "blueprint" been fairly apparent all along?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=296326#post296326

Of course, a couple of 8-10 minute drives like we had in the Seattle game would help immensely as well. I'm still not impressed with NE's D whatsoever, so it's not out of the question.

I'm not all that impressed with the Cheatsies D either. Philly exploited them last night and Feely shredded the middle like swiss cheese. Feely!!! Hines and Heath should have a field day out there in a couple of weeks. :thumbsup: A$$ Chin hates being pressured and that was obvious last night, especially after the one sack where he got up and started whining. :crying01::crying01:

SteelersJW
11-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Besides the obvious fact that Feeley threw 2 interceptions. The main reason the Patriots won the game was Wes Welker. He had 13 receptions for 149 yards. We've got to keep the ball away from him and Randy Moss to win the game.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-26-2007, 01:28 PM

In defense of Bruce Arians how is he responsible for Simmons, Starks, Colon, Kemo et al? If you look at our offensive stats I find it remarkable that Arians has done it with what could be one of the worst O-lines in the NFL.

Arians doesn't block. Arians doesn't throw ridiculous interceptions. This calamity in the trench was inherited from Cowher.

Hines0wnz
11-26-2007, 06:17 PM
I think the blue print for beating the Pats was started by the Colts, and even a bit by the Cowboys, and expanded on by the Eagles. I think the Eagles had the best D 'scheme for slowing down that offense.

On the other hand, AJ Feeley's play tonight notwithstanding, I don't want us to take offensive advise from the worst play-caller in the NFL.- that being Andy Ried. The man would throw a pass while leading a game with second and inches and 20 seconds left in the game. I still think the key for the Steelers is FWP.

He called a pretty good game last night, yes?

For a maligned coach, he had his team ready, yes?

For a team on the road with a backup QB starting and only one marquee O player against the Patsie juggernaut , they played awesome. That last pass was the only questionable play call I saw (other than the crappy out passes Feeley threw).

Hines0wnz
11-26-2007, 06:19 PM

1. The Eagles arent exactly protecting Feely very well, and they are still moving the ball. The center of the field is open for quick hitters, and our receivers are fast enough to get open quickly. Heath could be huge in the game.

2. Get to Brady and he gets rattled. They arent running the ball AT ALL, nothing different from any other game, but Pittsburgh wont have to load up against the run, just get to Brady, and HIT the recievers. (they dont like being hit)

3. Philly is running a fast paced offense, and NE's D is too slow to keep up. Westbrook is getting outside on the run, and FWP is just as fast and can rack up some big gains.

1. He did have good protection actually. :wink02:

2. I have a feeling LeBeau has held something back for this game as I'm sure Jim Johnson did.

3. I love Willie but he is no Westbrook with his versatility.

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 06:29 PM
I can't stand the Eagles, but was cheering my butt off for them last night, and celebrating the big plays almost as if I were watching the Stillers play. Shhhhhh!!! Don't you dare tell anyone I said that!! :wink02:

I'm sorry, sir, but you'll need to reapply:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/lloydfan4life/Misc/steelerfanapplication-1.jpg

:wink02: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: