PDA

View Full Version : Rossum is driving me nuts

noto45
11-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Can HE CATCH A PUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has not just been doing this tonite but all year. If you are not going to retunr it then FAIRCATCH and get under the DAM BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! quit letting it bounce and watch it roll around!!!!!!!!!!!....ok im done.

BurghZ0n3
11-26-2007, 11:19 PM
...so, there's really a game tonite??????? I couldn't watch it, but when I clicked ESPN.com ...all I saw was the words DUMBER & DUMBERER. But where' s the score....??????? :jawdrop: Am I dreamin' or our team still in the locker room.....??????????? :dang:

jjpro11
11-26-2007, 11:34 PM
it didnt bounce tonight.. it stuck to the ground every time it dropped which was good for us. he is fine and you should not be complaining after the punt returning mess last year.

MACH1
11-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Would you rather have somebody back there fumbling them away like last year?

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 11:37 PM
What game were you watching? I didn't see the ball bounce all night - more like a plop and stick right where it landed.

Infamix
11-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah you were definitely watching the online feed, because the ball didn't bounce

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2007, 11:41 PM
He had one good return on a punt in the slop tonight.......Plus he isn't fumbling all over the place on returns....

X-Terminator
11-26-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm curious as to why anyone would complain about Rossum not handling the ball in those conditions. What would you rather him do, run up to try to catch it, and muff the punt in our territory because of a slip/wet ball? Besides, the ball was sticking right into the ground on every punt that hit the ground, which saved the Steelers field position and stopped any chance of it bouncing and hitting Rossum inadvertently.

I swear to God, some people just do not pay attention to the games. :dang:

HometownGal
11-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Would you rather have somebody back there fumbling them away like last year?

Halle-freakin-lujah!!! Someone gets it! :cheers::thumbsup:

BlastFurnace
11-27-2007, 12:11 AM
I didn't have a problem with Rossum at all tonight. He had a really nice return and put us in good field position. The offense didn't take advantage of it.

stillers4me
11-27-2007, 12:28 AM
What game were you watching? I didn't see the ball bounce all night - more like a plop and stick right where it landed.

That was rather funny.......... :sofunny:

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 12:45 AM
I think Rossum did well under the conditions, btu he has let several balls hit the turf this year, instead of getting under them.

He also has the first TD return of any kind for the Steelers since '02....

SteelFist
11-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Rossum?? There are bigger things to worry about with this team and you say Rossum is driving you nuts?? :screwy:

X-Terminator
11-27-2007, 12:47 AM
That doesn't make sense. Should we just not have returner , because then no one can fumble?

I think Rossum did well under the conditions, btu he has let several balls hit the turf this year, instead of getting under them.

I'll give you that, but we're talking about this particular game. I have no problem with the way Rossum played those kicks tonight. In those conditions and the way the game was going, any turnover in our own territory could have been a killer.

BozMan
11-27-2007, 12:51 AM
He also has the first TD return of any kind for the Steelers since '02....

Randle El had 2 punt returns for TDs in '05... (vs. Jax and vs. Det)

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 12:52 AM
Randle El had 2 punt returns for TDs in '05... (vs. Jax and vs. Det)

Ah, my bad - 1st KO return for a TD by any Steeler since '02. :smile:

BozMan
11-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Rossum is good enough for kick returns. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else (Holmes, Wilson, even Willie Reid) given a chance on punt returns.

jjpro11
11-27-2007, 02:07 AM
Rossum is good enough for kick returns. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else (Holmes, Wilson, even Willie Reid) given a chance on punt returns.

holmes?! did you watch any of our games last season? reid is never active and really hasnt been impressive when given the opportunity to return punts. wilson would probably be the best bet. he has returned before for us and did pretty well.

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 02:09 AM

Reid was given more than a fair opportunity to win the return job during preseason - or did you miss all the muffs he had?

Galax Steeler
11-27-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm curious as to why anyone would complain about Rossum not handling the ball in those conditions. What would you rather him do, run up to try to catch it, and muff the punt in our territory because of a slip/wet ball? Besides, the ball was sticking right into the ground on every punt that hit the ground, which saved the Steelers field position and stopped any chance of it bouncing and hitting Rossum inadvertently.

I swear to God, some people just do not pay attention to the games. :dang:

Agreed why try to catch the balls in these conditions and take a chance on muffing the punt.

steelpride12
11-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Guess you werent not watching the game at all.
First off he had a great punt return best of the season and there was no bounce so he had no chance.
Sorry but i like this guy alot and happy we picked him up.

SteelersMongol
11-27-2007, 11:07 AM
I got no problem with Rossum. I know it so well that he's trying his best, cuz his in-laws are life-long Steelers fans. :tt02: If he isn't trying his best he'd be sleeping on the couch every Sunday night cuz of the wife. :smile:

Counselor
11-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Can HE CATCH A PUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has not just been doing this tonite but all year. If you are not going to retunr it then FAIRCATCH and get under the DAM BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! quit letting it bounce and watch it roll around!!!!!!!!!!!....ok im done.

Dude, at least he doesn't fumble the ball. I really don't care if he returns it at all----so long as our offense gets to actually get on the field.

SteelerFanInCA
11-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Rossum over Colclough or Reed any day of the week.

Blitzburgh_Fever
11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I thought he was pretty impressive, he seems like one of the smarter returners in the league. He had a PR for something silly like seven yards, during which he showed some pretty impressive moves in a bad field...seven yards in a slippery yet still sticking incredibly wet field is something I'll take!

Dino 6 Rings
11-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I have to say the Pick up of Rossum is one that helped to address a serious problem from last year. If you see a flaw, fix it, and having punt returners muff and fumble every game (it seemed like) last season was a huge flaw. The kind of thing that could have cost us last night's game. I have zero problem with Rossum, he wants to take it to the house every time, but even when he's being tackled, he holds the ball in a great position and doesn't have it jacked out of his arms every third time. As for letting it bounce too much, He has been doing this in the league for a long time, sometimes, you need to let Pros do what they do.

BlastFurnace
11-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Is Rossum always a threat to fumble the ball when it is punted...kicked off? No, and based upon last season, that is good enough for me.

Rhee Rhee
11-28-2007, 03:18 AM
i think we just need a younger guy from the draft..

jjpro11
11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
i think we just need a younger guy from the draft..

i want to draft trindon holliday from LSU when he comes out in a couple years. i love watching him run with the ball. he's just on a completely different level of speed than anyone else. i dont know that there has ever been a faster football player than him.