PDA

View Full Version : Hey, it was a Shutout.

Borski
11-26-2007, 10:40 PM
It might have been messy, but it was a shutout, good job by our Defense.

The Duke
11-26-2007, 10:41 PM
2nd in Tomlin's career!!

Infamix
11-26-2007, 10:43 PM
haha I didn't even think of that

jjpro11
11-26-2007, 10:44 PM
if our special teams had played better in the bills and ravens games we would have 4. but great job tonight!

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 11:05 PM
haha I didn't even think of that

LOL - I didn't either. I'll be damned. :chuckle:

MACH1
11-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Yeah it was...LOL

Talk about running up the score.....:chuckle:

SteelersFever
11-26-2007, 11:57 PM
I think this was the most boring game I have watched -- but we got the win and I'm happy. :smile:

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 11:58 PM
I think this was the most boring game I have watched -- but we got the win and I'm happy. :smile:

Are you kidding, Mike? Boring? I have no fingernails left! :toofunny:

SalukiSteelers
11-27-2007, 12:19 AM
I was only able to catch that goofball JT the Brick and his sidekick Looney talking about the end of the game and how Miami was "desperately trying to score" and I thought my nightmare scenario was about to happen. This game made me nervous all week. Shutout is reeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllll nice. Had to have it, obviously, to not drop back-to-back games to the bums of the NFL.

PalmerSteel
11-27-2007, 12:20 AM

yeah, i was just coming on to read how exciting i thought other people would think it was. it was just downright ugly, but in a smashmouth, muddy, steel d in your face good ugly. loved the peezy mocks our d did. i seen porter laughing at them also during the game. just glad we came out of the cluster they called a football field with no injuries.

SteelersFever
11-27-2007, 12:24 AM
yeah, i was just coming on to read how exciting i thought other people would think it was. it was just downright ugly, but in a smashmouth, muddy, steel d in your face good ugly. loved the peezy mocks our d did. i seen porter laughing at them also during the game. just glad we came out of the cluster they called a football field with no injuries.

For me, this game wasn't smash mouth at all. If you can remember the game in Miami during the hurricane -- now, that was smash mouth.

As you said, this game was just downright u-g-l-y.

Petesburgh66
11-27-2007, 12:25 AM
As the game went along, I figured somebody was pitch a shutout. At least my worst fear of a 0-0 tie didn't happen.

OneForTheToe
11-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Yes, I thought the game was actually pretty exciting. My poor heeart though.

TroysBadDawg
11-27-2007, 02:44 AM
Awww come on yinz, a shut out? the winless team almost shut the Steelers out if you think about it that way.

What is happening to your team? They are beginning to look like the Browns of old self imploading. Were they trying to lose that game? They wanted to make the Browns feel good about themselves? I have no idea what is happening in the NFL but someone is putting something in thier koolaide. sheesh I thought it was going to be a boring blow out, then first the Jets, now almost the Fins. What in the name of football is happening?

Oh ya, please don't blame field conditions or first year coach, that does not cut it. you threw first year coach in the Browns face when you beat us the first game, and in the second game also, but this time?????

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Awww come on yinz, a shut out? the winless team almost shut the Steelers out if you think about it that way.

What is happening to your team? They are beginning to look like the Browns of old self imploading. Were they trying to lose that game? They wanted to make the Browns feel good about themselves? I have no idea what is happening in the NFL but someone is putting something in thier koolaide. sheesh I thought it was going to be a boring blow out, then first the Jets, now almost the Fins. What in the name of football is happening?

Oh ya, please don't blame field conditions or first year coach, that does not cut it. you threw first year coach in the Browns face when you beat us the first game, and in the second game also, but this time?????

OK, if we're "imploding," as you say, is that why we still have a 2-game lead in the AFCN with 5 to go and swept the Browns for a 4th year in a row?

steelergirl07
11-27-2007, 03:21 AM
I only watched the 2nd half. But I loved it. I thought it was exciting. And how can you not put some blame on the field conditions? The ball went inches into the ground when it was punted. Players were sinking into the field. Offensive players slipping and falling before the defense got near them.

All in all I enjoyed the game. And now we have two shutouts.

TroysBadDawg
11-27-2007, 10:23 AM
OK, if we're "imploding," as you say, is that why we still have a 2-game lead in the AFCN with 5 to go and swept the Browns for a 4th year in a row?

Aww two game lead??? you are 8-3 we are 7-4 now I am not sure how you do you math but my my math that is 1 game ahead of the Browns. And it you watched the last time they plaed it was anyones games until the minutes of the game. SO the Browns are waking up, and the Steelers are needing to wake up. I am not say the Browns are better because I still say they/we we improvement on defense. But the last game against Houston the Defense did come alive, and I can not explain why or how.

I am not trying to put either team down just saying your team needs to wake up. They are playing the last two games like they are asleep at the switch.

cheers :cheers::cheers:

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Aww two game lead??? you are 8-3 we are 7-4 now I am not sure how you do you math but my my math that is 1 game ahead of the Browns.

We have the head-to-head tiebreaker, so yes, a two-game lead. If we both wind up 11-5, guess who wins the division? We do.

SteelerFanInCA
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
What an ugly game. I'll take the W though.

Edman
11-27-2007, 10:34 AM
The Browns better worry about their own business rather than the Steelers. They couldn't beat this "Imploding" Steelers team. Including blowing a 15 point lead.

No, not a pretty game in the slightest. On a mucky, messy, and lumpy embarrassment of a field.

the24fan
11-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Come on guys..remember pop warner or little league..as a kid i loved to play football in the mud..albeit i could actually move my feet..lol. I thought it was intriguing..very suspenseful. I think people are forgetting Miami has lost 6 games by 3 or less.. they arent as bad as their record

alittlejazzbird
11-27-2007, 10:38 AM

Honest to goodness....I was sick to my stomach by the end of the game, a complete nervous wreck. I'm amazed I was able to fall asleep afterwards.

However, I could see how anyone with no rooting interest in the game would probably have been bleeding from their eyeballs, having to watch a game like that.

aries4972
11-27-2007, 10:59 AM

Before you talk any smack on the Steelers there are a few things that need to happen
1) beat the Steelers ... just once in a season
2) win the division....just once in a decade
3)make the playoffs....just once since ummm... 2000-01??
4) move from that black hole of football respectability that you call Ceveland
Now after ALL these conditions have been met I MIGHT be able to at least acknowledge your weak attempt smack..but until then CLEVLAND SUCKS!!!!!:toofunny:

steelpride12
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Good shutout kinda boring but scared and nervous all night long!

FastWillieParker39
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Yea that game had me a nervous wreck as well. I was afraid the whole time somehow, someway the Dolphins were gonna make a big yet fluke play and win it. Hey we got the W, and thats all that matters.

alittlejazzbird
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Yea that game had me a nervous wreck as well. I was afraid the whole time somehow, someway the Dolphins were gonna make a big yet fluke play and win it. Hey we got the W, and thats all that matters.

That, and the fact that it appears we suffered no injuries of any consequence.

Dino 6 Rings
11-27-2007, 04:47 PM
So that's 2 shut outs on the Season...not bad. I'll take it.

Will add to the mystic of our defense when the Playoffs, that we WILL be making, roll around

Next up, the imploding Bungals. And you know we won't over look them. There's some hatred there.

steelwolf21
11-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Anyone notice? Polamalu is out for 2 games and what happens? Two shut outs baby! I sense a roster change coming on!:flap::sofunny:

HometownGal
11-27-2007, 07:30 PM

A win is a win is a win no matter how ugly or pretty the game was. It more than likely would have been a boring blow-out of the Fins if Mother Nature hadn't decided to dump almost two inches of rain on the city in a 12 hour period.

Do these numbers look familiar?

34-7
31-28

Now shaddup and go munch on your snack.

http://i.ehow.com/images/ehows/steps/dogornament_1L.jpg

tony hipchest
11-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Anyone notice? Polamalu is out for 2 games and what happens? Two shut outs baby! I sense a roster change coming on!:flap::sofunny:hmmm. thats very interesting . either its the strangest of pure coincidence or definitely begs further questioning.

Yeah it was...LOL

Talk about running up the score.....:chuckle:

:sofunny:

i thought it was a great game to watch. before i knew it was gonna be played at heinz noodle soup field (or "4 rivers stadium" as e. bouchette so dubbed it), i thought it would be a blow out/shut out. after about the 1st quarter i knew i'd be happy with a 6-3 win.

not only was the game itself full of suspense (perhaps it was suspense that an actual football game might break out) but the pre-game show did a great job of building up the significance of the field and the in game commentary was really good. through the whole game you really got the feeling you were witnessing history in the making for scoring futility. it was like the 00 sb where neither team was scoring going into the half and then *BAM* a great football game broke out.

then again it was just the dolphins.

i did enjoy joey porter, and in retrospect, glad he was able to shine and put on a show infront of the fans he loved (without really hurting the steelers).

in his weekly presser tomlin really seemed to appreciate the old school, good natured, game you always looked forward to playing with your neighborhood buds, everybody having fun atmosphere of the game, as opposed to the typical going to work and hating your opponents, and being pissed about the field conditions.

it woulda sucked if the steelers lost. but if they did, it would still be a game i would never forget (and always wish i could :dang:)

nailbiter indeed!

Rhee Rhee
11-28-2007, 02:11 AM
i'd rather have a boring game than a loss like the eagles had.... simply heartbreakin....