PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Win

Infamix
11-26-2007, 10:29 PM
but a win is a win. Let's hope we can straighten out the offense by next week...

Preacher
11-26-2007, 10:31 PM
but a win is a win. Let's hope we can straighten out the offense by next week...

Funny..

I was just going to post.

There is no UGLY in the standings... just win.

Steelersfan4life0655
11-26-2007, 10:34 PM
wins a win!

Edman
11-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Ugly is an understatement. But I'll take it. There is no 'U' in the standings. Only a W.

An ugly night all round. The rain delay, the field, everything. UGLY, UGLY, UGLY.

Steel_Bus_24
11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah it was a crap fest in every sense of the word, but better to deal with it with a W

we obviously need to see some significant improvement next week if we even want to think about winning a game in the playoffs....or maybe even the division title

Infamix
11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Did anyone notice this is the second time the defense has played better without Polamalu?

ytsan2q
11-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Weather is definitely the great equilizer in football.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2007, 10:39 PM

Slap the OC in the head and tell him not run, run and pass....Then the offense will be fine....lol I swear I'm going to start rooting for Bruce Arians to have a heart attack on the sideline....I don't want him to die...But just to step down as OC due to health reasons...lol Grow a pair Bruce please........:thumbsup:

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Did anybody notice the slop that was the field tonight? I'm surprised we didn't have any fumbles and that any receivers held onto it.

X-Terminator
11-26-2007, 10:41 PM
As Mike Tomlin said after an earlier game, "you don't get style points for wins"

Whether it's 3-0 or 30-0, it's still a W.

Infamix
11-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Did anybody notice the slop that was the field tonight? I'm surprised we didn't have any fumbles and that any receivers held onto it.

lol was that mocking my post about Polamalu? haha seriously man, what do you think? From what I can tell, the coverage is solid without him back there doing exotic things

43SteelCurtainRevolution
11-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Ben said these were the worst field conditions he's ever played in. And he played in Miami during the hurricane! I'd like to see the Steelers throw the ball more, especially in these conditions.
Hooray for another W! :banana:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM

Funny Ben was still very efficient throwing short passes tonight in those conditions.....Excuses are like butt holes everybody has one......I'm just saying we had chances to score maybe a TD or two tonight but predictable play calling killed drives......Sorry run, run and pass is just stupid in any conditions....

SteelDogFan
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Based on the conditions yes but the D played great and there was a time when Ben hit I believe fifteen passes in a row. I dont think they played an all around ugly game but the conditions were very ugly. Seems to be like that when we play Miami alot.

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 10:46 PM
lol was that mocking my post about Polamalu? haha seriously man, what do you think? From what I can tell, the coverage is solid without him back there doing exotic things

No, it was more mocking those who think we should have scored at will like the field was in perfect condition.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2007, 10:53 PM
No, it was more mocking those who think we should have scored at will like the field was in perfect condition.

So I guess its you thats deleting my posts?lol....Wow can't handle anyone debating anything?.....Nobody said we should have scored at will.....Just saying predictable play calling killed drives tonight....I will say again Ben was very efficient tonight throwing those short passes.....A TD or two would have put this game away.....I prefer playing not to lose...I'm starting to see if you don't bump your chest and say the Steelers are the greatest at everything around here then its not accepted...lol

Sorry I call things like I see them....Sorry if anybody has a problem with that....

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 10:56 PM
So I guess its you thats deleting my posts?lol....Wow can't handle anyone debating anything?.....Nobody said we should have scored at will.....Just saying predictable play calling killed drives tonight....I will say again Ben was very efficient tonight throwing those short passes.....A TD or two would have put this game away.....I prefer playing not to lose...I'm starting to see if you don't bump your chest and say the Steelers are the greatest at everything around here then its not accepted...lol

Sorry I call things like I see them....Sorry if anybody has a problem with that....

Um, I didn't delete any of your posts.

Infamix
11-26-2007, 10:58 PM

He didn't, something is wrong with sf because all these threads are getting merged and posts are getting deleted. Either that or Peezey is messing with our servers

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2007, 11:01 PM

Sorry....I know I posted another post in this thread that isn't hear...But like the person below said...I guess SF is having some issues....

Steel_Bus_24
11-26-2007, 11:10 PM
I would hate to see what the Jags D-line would do to us right now. Our Line just isn't physical enough anymore, and or TEs aren't doing squat either

I really don't see how we will move the ball on them when we play them. We probably have a better shot at beating NE right now then them.

Lets hope we see some serious improvement next week in another divsison game

Hamer
11-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah Thank God for Hines.
But it's another sloppy (literally) game for the O-line.
In particular I haven't been impressed with Mahan.
To me Faneca and Smith seem to be holding this line together, but they can't be everywhere...

any thoughts?

jjpro11
11-26-2007, 11:25 PM
could you imagine if we had lost this game? omg this board would have been ugly..

fansince'76
11-26-2007, 11:26 PM
could you imagine if we had lost this game? omg this board would have been ugly..

I don't even want to think about it.

BozMan
11-26-2007, 11:37 PM
I would hate to see what the Jags D-line would do to us right now. Our Line just isn't physical enough anymore, and or TEs aren't doing squat either

I really don't see how we will move the ball on them when we play them. We probably have a better shot at beating NE right now then them.

Lets hope we see some serious improvement next week in another divsison game

Depending on how the wild card race finishes, we could very well have to play a rematch against the Jagoffs in the AFC Wild Card playoff game. Not a comforting thought, is it?

Crushzilla
11-27-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't even want to think about it.

Haha. I actually did think about that around the 4th quarter, when that Pittsburgh touchdown I was expecting any time now continued to elude us.

Someone would have had to go into witness protection over the field. Even though It wasn't really anyone's fault.

Bottom line is, we win. That is all that matters. Steelers v. Patriots on this same field would have been just as much of a debacle. I guarantee you that.

klick81
11-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Like someone else said it. I'll take an 'ugly' W over a 'pretty' L.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Haha. I actually did think about that around the 4th quarter, when that Pittsburgh touchdown I was expecting any time now continued to elude us.

Someone would have had to go into witness protection over the field. Even though It wasn't really anyone's fault.

Bottom line is, we win. That is all that matters. Steelers v. Patriots on this same field would have been just as much of a debacle. I guarantee you that.

Yea even if we played the Pats it would have been a debacle still...But I guarantee you the Pats score more then 3....lol Ben was efficient out there tonight his 18/21 proves that...Brady would have been that to and the Pats wouldn't have been gutless to play not to lose...lol

Crushzilla
11-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Yea even if we played the Pats it would have been a debacle still...But I guarantee you the Pats score more then 3....lol Ben was efficient out there tonight his 18/21 proves that...Brady would have been that to and the Pats wouldn't have been gutless to play not to lose...lol

I can't lie, at times the play calling is a real head-scratcher, but I can't recall watching too many games (ever) where I didn't at least once say... "what?"

As far as unseating Arians, maybe he does need to go, but I am certainly not going to form that opinion at this point of the season. The point is, its impossible to know what is going to happen from here on out.

This may sound ridiculous, but bear with me. This is strictly hypothetical and I don't know if I believe it, but this is why I won't write off our new OC yet, because this dance is far from over. What if we keep seeing this conservative play-calling because Arians, like Lebeau (and Kiesel has admitted this about the latter), is saving the "good stuff." Perhaps the Jets, Broncos, and Cardinals were all severely underestimated and things just got out of hand (remember the Cardinals game was lost on a punt return (which is almost why we blew the Browns game, the return game), the Broncos won on our "prevent" defense).

Listen, I'm rambling... the point is... we'll all be eating crow if Arians starts pulling out the most ridiculous stuff that catches everyone off guard against the Patriots, or Colts, or in the AFC Championship. Not saying that's the case, but its certainly why I'm not calling for his resignation.

Yes. The hurry-up offense may work, we could probably work some more slants into the passing game, but I'm certainly not qualified to call for his job. I know a lot of you see that as a cop out and infringing on giving opinions and whatever, but its true. He's the Offensive Coordinator, I am not. If we score one more touchdown all year and lose out the season, miss the playoffs, then I'll probably agree with you.

I won't though at 8-3.

jjpro11
11-27-2007, 01:04 AM
we really really really need to work on the slant and short passes. defenses are able to sit back and not worry about anything short, making it a lot harder for receivers to get open.. which of course has been the reason for a few of those sacks this year.