PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor has passed away

FourThreeMafia
11-27-2007, 06:14 AM
This is so sad, I dont even know what to say. I think we all need to forget about the Steelers and pray for Sean Taylor and his family. This is devastating. Ive really lost faith in humanity. Such a talented young player with so much to live for, shot in his home. I cant believe this, I am honestly in shock.

stillers4me
11-27-2007, 06:21 AM
What a horrible tragedy........he was my sons age. I can't even imagine what his family is going through.

The Duke
11-27-2007, 06:35 AM
oh man, this is terrible. I feel so bad for his family

RIP

CB1977
11-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Oh my God....I didn't know he passed away until I read it here.

Prayers to him and his family.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-27-2007, 08:25 AM
What a tragedy...From what I have been reading he had turned his life around and became a devoted father.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, and the Redskins organization.

:tombstone

HometownGal
11-27-2007, 08:28 AM
I am in total shock over Sean's passing. What a tragic end to such a young man's life. Prayers go out to Sean's family, his teammates and the entire Redskins family.

RIP, Sean. :tombstone

X-Terminator
11-27-2007, 09:24 AM
RIP Sean Taylor, and condolences to his family.

It's a damn shame, and something that's happening way too frequently. Darrent Williams, the kid from the University of Memphis, now Sean Taylor, all within the past year...when does it end?

moedap
11-27-2007, 09:28 AM
RIP Sean Taylor

memphissteelergirl
11-27-2007, 09:34 AM
I heard on the morning news as I was getting ready for work. The only thing I could say was "oh no!" Last night the reports were that the doctors were encouraged....now I wake up and find out he's gone. Tragic waste....after what happened to Taylor Bradford here in Memphis....now this. Makes our complaining about the game last night seem very trivial.

My prayers go out to his family.

Everyone who can...let's go to the Redskins' MB and post our condolences to their fans.

ShutDown24
11-27-2007, 09:42 AM
He was only about 24... I new he was a young player but didn't realize he was only drafted in 04 until today... Best wishes to his family. He definatley was a Miami U guy and didn't feel bad about getting into trouble on or off the field but those incidents were nothing serious... Remember that hit Taylor destroyed the punter with at last years Pro Bowl on the fake? What a hit.

83-Steelers-43
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
but those incidents were nothing serious...

He pulled a GUN on a group of people. Does a guy need to kill somebody in this day and age for it to be considered "serious"?. :shake02:

On that note, I feel bad for his kid. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

ShutDown24
11-27-2007, 10:01 AM
He pulled a GUN on a group of people. Does a guy need to kill somebody in this day and age for it to be considered "serious"?. :shake02:

On that note, I feel bad for his kid. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Well considering some of the stuff that happens with guys these days... Sorry but we're almost there.

83-Steelers-43
11-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Well considering some of the stuff that happens with guys these days... Sorry but we're almost there.

Wow, I just always figured pulling a gun out on a group people is considered serious. No idea what I was thinking. But I guess because others are doing worse it's not considered serious. I see the logic. My bad. :coffee:

PennSkinsFanhR
11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Guysand Gals of Pittsburgh, on behalf of hailRedskins.com, the largest independent fan website, we thank you for your sympathies and condolences. You guys and gals have a ton of class. Some members PMd me at our forum and informed of the nice things being said here and we greatly appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

This kind of thing transcends football as the human spirit takes over. Thanks a ton!

HometownGal
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Guysand Gals of Pittsburgh, on behalf of hailRedskins.com, the largest independent fan website, we thank you for your sympathies and condolences. You guys and gals have a ton of class. Some members PMd me at our forum and informed of the nice things being said here and we greatly appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

This kind of thing transcends football as the human spirit takes over. Thanks a ton!

Thank you for taking the time to come here and express your thanks. When something like this happens, it touches each and every one of us to the core. Please know that you all will be in our thoughts and prayers. :hug:

pittsburghp8baller
11-27-2007, 10:29 AM
this is a sad day for all of the sports community. i can admit sean taylor was one of my favorite players in the NFL. my prayers goes out to his family and friends along with all of the redskins organazation/fans.

RIP Sean Taylor u will never be forgotten

LambertIsGod58
11-27-2007, 10:33 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Taylor family....

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 10:55 AM
My condolences and prayers to Sean Taylor's family. How terrible.

Stlrs4Life
11-27-2007, 11:10 AM
RIP Sean Taylor. How sad, prayers out to his family.

SteelersMongol
11-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Rest in peace.

Hines0wnz
11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
I had a strange feeling when I was logging on this morning that this happened.

RIP Sean Taylor

RoethlisBURGHer
11-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Wow, he was only two years older than me.

From all of the news reports, it seems more like this was premeditated murder rather than a simple buglury gone bad.

RIP Sean Taylor, my prayers go out to his fmaily, friends, and the Washington Redskins orginization.

jjpro11
11-27-2007, 11:34 AM
thats horrible. he was such a fun safety to watch. to think he just recently became a dad. just terrible.

on a side note, anthony smith reminds me a lot of him in their playing style and physical abilities.

Edman
11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Well damn...

I'm literally speechless and shocked. Absolutely shocked. I just do not know what to say. Deep prayers go out to the Redskins and the Taylor family. No, they didn't lose a great young football player, they lost a human being. A life. Flesh and Blood. What a horrible way to go.

RIP Sean Taylor.

the24fan
11-27-2007, 12:08 PM
shows again the world has just completely gone insane. things like that just show we have lost our way. sports pale in comparison to the real issues. should make us all realize how mortal we are and life is not guaranteed even for multi million dollar athletes

Borski
11-27-2007, 12:13 PM
I dont even know what to say...

this is beyond football, this is a person. I hope they catch whom ever did this and bring them to justice.

Steelman16
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
My prayers and condolences go out to his family. Sean Taylor will be missed.

May the Lord's Blessings be with them all,
-Steelman

PAMillerGrrl83
11-27-2007, 01:05 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He was engaged to be married and had a little girl who was only about a year old, she was born in May of 2006.

SteelerFanInCA
11-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow, a total shocker. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

drizze99
11-27-2007, 01:35 PM
I can't believe this... I really can't... I was so shocked this morning when I read the news. After last nights slop fest, I watched ESPN to see if there was any updates on Sean. All the reports came back the same.... I prayed for his well being and really thought he was going to pull out of this.

Sean was a warrior on the football field and wore his heart on his sleeve. I admire players like that. I still can't believe that he is gone at the young age of 24.

My heart felt thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and the Redskin nation.

RIP #21 Sean Taylor

alittlejazzbird
11-27-2007, 02:09 PM
should make us all realize how mortal we are and life is not guaranteed even for multi million dollar athletes

It's a terrible tragedy for Taylor's loved ones, especially his fiancee and young child. Condolences to his family and the Redskins organization, his "second family."

Sometimes it's even more difficult for the multi-million dollar athletes...that level of success can foster envy and anger in others who might think they're entitled to help themselves to a piece of someone's pie. No wonder some of the really big-money guys have bodyguards and live in gated houses with extensive security systems.

These "home invasion" break-ins of high-profile athletes are becoming more and more common; I read somewhere that it may possibly be because it's now so easy to find out online where someone lives, and even to see the exterior and perimeter of their home thanks to tools like Google Earth. A potential burglar can "case the joint" remotely via online tools.

TackleMeBen
11-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow, he was only two years older than me.

From all of the news reports, it seems more like this was premeditated murder rather than a simple buglury gone bad.

RIP Sean Taylor, my prayers go out to his fmaily, friends, and the Washington Redskins orginization.

i am starting to agree. i heard this am that the phone lines to the house had been cut, so that sounds like something that was premeditated not random. not your random burglary.. i am sure there is alot more that we dont know about. maybe he was in with the wrong crowd or something. i hope that isnt the case.

Big D
11-27-2007, 02:31 PM
After facts come out I think it's safe to say that this wasn't a random crime. Last week when someone broke into his house they left a knife on his bed and 8 days later he is shot in the groin? sounds like the knife was some sort of threat to sean

RoethlisBURGHer
11-27-2007, 02:36 PM
i am starting to agree. i heard this am that the phone lines to the house had been cut, so that sounds like something that was premeditated not random. not your random burglary.. i am sure there is alot more that we dont know about. maybe he was in with the wrong crowd or something. i hope that isnt the case.

At one point he was running with the wrong crowd. But all reports were that he walked away from them and was turning his life around.

Maybe that wrong crowd was more than just some homies from back home...maybe he was a gang member. You don't get out of gangs easily.

I hate to speculate on this negetive stuff though.

Edman
11-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Signs are definately pointing to a pre-meditated murder. Somebody out there had something against Sean and wanted him out of the picture.

Unless the killer is a complete psycho, there is some reason for me to believe Sean rubbed someone the wrong way in the past. Either way, he was too young. Nobody deserves to die young. He was too young to die.

Counselor
11-27-2007, 03:44 PM
At one point he was running with the wrong crowd. But all reports were that he walked away from them and was turning his life around.

Maybe that wrong crowd was more than just some homies from back home...maybe he was a gang member. You don't get out of gangs easily.

I would hate for this negativity to result in the guy being blamed for his own death. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. The MO on this (cutting phone lines - - breaking in multiple times) sounds more like a stalker than anything else.

TackleMeBen
11-27-2007, 03:58 PM

well speculation is all we have to go on, which usually is wrong.. but this sounds more and more like a hit. i mean if someone cuts your phone lines and security system wires someone knew what they were doing. it is a very sad thing that has happened. and hopefully it will help the young people to choose your friends and the crowd you hang out with more carefully.

steelpride12
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
This is such terrible news i heard as soon as i woke up i don't know what to say :(!
RIP Sean you were a great kid and my prayers go out to you in heaven and your family to for suffering this uncalled for tragic loss my friend! :(

Preacher
11-27-2007, 04:31 PM
My prayers to his family. It is always sad when any life is lost.

klick81
11-27-2007, 05:16 PM
RIP. I really thought he would pull through...

AFC
11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Unreal, a real tragedy. May you rest in peace, Sean.

Godfather
11-27-2007, 08:38 PM
My condolences to his family and the Redskins fans. This is terrible.

Atlanta Dan
11-27-2007, 09:06 PM
The league announced it would hold a moment of silence before each game this weekend in Taylor?s honor and that every team would place his No. 21 on helmets. Redskins players will also wear jersey patches.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/27/sports/football/27cnd-taylor.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

This is a tragedy but every team wearing #21 on their helmets this Sunday?

It is not exactly like another #21 (Clemente) being killed as he airlifted supplies to earthquake victims. There are heroes and there are victims.

Leave it to the NFL to turn a moment of private loss into a PR exercise.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2007, 12:03 AM
This is just terrible....My heart goes out to Sean's girlfriend and son...Plus the whole Sean Taylor family....The Redskins organization...

RIP Sean Taylor...................

Lady Brave
11-28-2007, 01:48 AM
I just wanted to express my sincerest thanks to the members of this board, especially SteelCityMan786, who have offered condolences and words of sympathy concerning the loss of Sean Taylor.

I'm a member at RedskinsWarpath.com and I can't begin to tell you all how much it has meant to us to see such an outpouring of support from other team's board members. SteelCityMan pretty much hung out with us all day and his company was very much appreciated.

Most of us are still trying to come to grips with this horrific tragedy. We are still at a loss for words. Sean was a beloved teammate and we will miss him terribly. So say a prayer for us. Finishing the season will not be easy. We have a long road of healing ahead of us.

So again, thank you so much for your support. You guys are a class act. Now I know why I married a Steelers fan. :smile:

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2007, 04:19 PM
I just wanted to express my sincerest thanks to the members of this board, especially SteelCityMan786, who have offered condolences and words of sympathy concerning the loss of Sean Taylor.

I'm a member at RedskinsWarpath.com and I can't begin to tell you all how much it has meant to us to see such an outpouring of support from other team's board members. SteelCityMan pretty much hung out with us all day and his company was very much appreciated.

Most of us are still trying to come to grips with this horrific tragedy. We are still at a loss for words. Sean was a beloved teammate and we will miss him terribly. So say a prayer for us. Finishing the season will not be easy. We have a long road of healing ahead of us.

So again, thank you so much for your support. You guys are a class act. Now I know why I married a Steelers fan. :smile:

It was a pleasure to be with you Lady Brave. You guys are great people. The Redskins in my opinion are the Pittsburgh Steelers of the NFC. You guys all reminded me why I cheer for world class organizations such as our own. I couldn't help but feel sorry for your loss. I felt obligated to help you guys out during such a time.

I have a friend I go to school with that is in fact a Redskins fan and one of my former football coaches when I was a 9th grade football player so this has been an unfortunate time for them, no clue on how they're holding up.

His family lost a great man, and for those of us who play football, we lost a member of our fraternity.

I'll be praying for you guys to do well, and get a spot in the playoffs.

Thank you, you and every redskins fan are in our thoughts and our prayers during this time

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
The league announced it would hold a moment of silence before each game this weekend in Taylor?s honor and that every team would place his No. 21 on helmets. Redskins players will also wear jersey patches.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/27/sports/football/27cnd-taylor.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

This is a tragedy but every team wearing #21 on their helmets this Sunday?

It is not exactly like another #21 (Clemente) being killed as he airlifted supplies to earthquake victims. There are heroes and there are victims.

Leave it to the NFL to turn a moment of private loss into a PR exercise.

The Players of the NFL lost a fellow member of the fraternity, I think it's a great idea. No one deserves to have to suffer these events.

2 HUGE thumbs up to the NFL.