PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...Ricky Williams always causes this debate


RoethlisBURGHer
11-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Note to Mods: If you feel the need to delete this post because it is too inflamitory, please do. If you feel the need to delete the link to the certain thread due to it being at a different MB, please do. If you feel the need to do either, I apologize in advance.

At another forum I post on, there was a post on Dolphins RB Ricky Williams. It simply asks the opinion of him. I admit, I did climb on top of a soap box, but I just hate when people claim that "it's just marijuana", because that's BS.

Here is the link to the thread if any of you care to see what went on:

http://www.thenflforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39352

83-Steelers-43
11-27-2007, 12:53 PM
It's pretty simple if you ask me.

The NFL has rules. Follow the rules and your fine. He did not pull a gun on a crowd of people, he did not "make it rain" in a night club who's actions contributed to an individual spending the rest of his life in a wheel chair nor did he go after underage girls. That does not change the fact that he broke the rules of the game.

IMO, the guy is just dumb. We are talking about a guy who could have retired at age 30, move to Jamaica or wherever in the hell he wants to live and smoke all the dope he wants.

Simple.

steeler dude
11-27-2007, 12:56 PM
agree on that 83

revefsreleets
11-28-2007, 09:38 AM
This reminds me of a child who gets their finger burned on the stove for the first time. A normal child will learn the lesson, and think "hot" when they see the stove in the future. The fact that Ricky doesn't understand that the stove is hot doesn't necessarily make him a bad person. But it does make him a stupid one.

MasterOfPuppets
11-28-2007, 07:23 PM
83,and revs pretty much summed up ricky....the poor fool is probably a descent person on a personal level, unlike probably 25 % of the rest of the nfl thugs , and 75 % of the bungals.

Preacher
11-29-2007, 03:13 PM
83,and revs pretty much summed up ricky....the poor fool is probably a descent person on a personal level, unlike probably 25 % of the rest of the nfl thugs , and 75 % of the bungals.

Why are you giving the Bungles so much credit? 95% After all, the water boy might be ok.

HometownGal
11-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Personally, I don't give a flying hoot about Ricky Williams. He didn't give a damn about his teammates or honor his word (and his contract) when he chose the weed over his NFL career, so why should I (or anyone else for that matter) care what he does?

Moving to NFL forum.

Stlrs4Life
11-29-2007, 08:21 PM
I agree with all of the above, Ricky burned his own bridge.

Hines0wnz
12-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Perhaps the biggest bust ever.