PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Oregon-Lifelong Steeler Fan!!!

mad0953
11-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi guys and gals. I am Mark and I am from Oregon and have been a fan since I was in grade school way back in the 60's. I have been to one Steeler game before and it was in Seattle a few years back. Tommy Gun was the QB at the time. I was amazed by the turnout by the Steeler Nation. When the Sea Chickens took the field the boos were louder than the cheers!!!!!! I think there were more Steeler fans there than Seattle fans. It was cool even tho we lost.

Anyway I am glad I found this website because...............I am headed to Pittsburgh Friday for the Bengal game Sunday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish 3 Rivers was still there but what the heck. Me and my GF are getting there Friday night, seeing the sights in Pittsburgh Saturday (let me know what to see, please) and then Sunday "The Game".

Our seats are in section 134, row 2!!!!!!!!!! (They cost me more than the airfare :)). What I would like to know is this: What are the best Steeler bars to hit b4 the game?? and who wants to share some Iron City beer with us at the stadium???? Yes, I am trying to invite myself to a tailgate party. Anyway after meeting some of you guys at the Steeler game in Seattle I know I fit right in to the Steeler Nation.

Help!!!???

:tt02:

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the board, Mark! :cheers:

If you have any questions or concerns about the site, please feel free to PM (Private Message) myself, HometownGal, or Crushzilla. Post often and have fun!

As far as hotspots to hit in Pittsburgh before the game, I think HometownGal could be a little better help to you than I could as she lives in the 'Burgh and I am out here in Broncos country.

Dom (Stlrs4Life) runs the Steelers Fever unofficial "official" tailgates at the games - he usually posts his tailgate info the week before the game, so he should have the details for the Bengals game tailgate up shortly in our Tailgate Party forum: http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11. They are a really friendly bunch of folks and only request that you bring your own food/beverages or a small monetary donation to join them. Have fun!

SteelerFanInCA
11-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Greetings and welcome to SF.

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Welcome.

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Hay mad0953, Dom posted his tailgate info for the Bengals game: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21704

mad0953
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Hay mad0953, Dom posted his tailgate info for the Bengals game.

Thanks man.

Mark

Crushzilla
11-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the SteelersFever family, Mark.

Be sure to read the "Laws of the Land" and feel free to contact any member of the Moderation crew with any questions you may have.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Welcome to Steelers Fever.

SteelersMongol
11-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Welcome and enjoy

HometownGal
11-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Hiya mad and welcome to the #1 Steelers fan site anywhere! :smile::tt02::wave: Hope the info I sent you was helpful. Have a safe trip in and enjoy the game as well as our beautiful city! :cheers:

P.S. Iron City? :yuck::yuck:

mad0953
12-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the info HometownGal. Got in last night about 9:30 and saw they had the stadium all lit up. Just awesome. We are staying right across the river from PNC so we will walk to the game. Our room has a view of PNC and Heinz........I love it!!!! Town looks gorgeous. I plan on hitting the tailgate party too. Going to sight see today. What's the beer of choice around here btw???? Thanks again.

Mark

Moonlite37
12-06-2007, 06:18 PM
All hail to you Steeler Fan!

mad0953
12-18-2007, 12:23 PM
The game was awesome!!!!!!! Loved Pittsburgh and everyone we met. Walked around both stadiums Saturday morning....saw Madden's horse trailer, met Carmine a Steeler staff member who chatted with me for quite awhile. Went to the strip and had a couple Iron Citys, then took the incline and ate at the Coal Mountain Steakhouse. Good meal and we sat by the window and they turned the lights on at Heinz about 6PM so we got great pictures.

We plan on making one home game every year. Can't wait till '08.

:cheer::helmet:

PS: My avatar is now me and my gf at the game with 3 new friends and the poster we made. :)