PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor

steelpride12
11-27-2007, 04:12 PM
So how about Ike Taylors play overall this season?
48 solid tackles with 2 INT's and a 95% improvement from last year.
I remember this time last year he was sitting on the bench for horrific playing and to see this kid bounce back is amazing and shows the true heart of his workouts and training in off season!

SCSTILLER
11-27-2007, 04:19 PM
I am glad to see Ike back to form. I think Cowher blamed him a little too much for our secondary problems last year, IMHO! He should have about four or five INT's for the year, but he dropped a few. I guess that is why he is on D. But overall, glad he is back playing at the level that we know that he can!

STEELtownHAVOX
11-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Ike is awesome, only thing is, he has hands of steel....don't really want those when you're going up for a pick.

Steelerstrength
11-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Noticed him trying to hit the ball away, with both hands back over his head, rather than allow the receiver any chance of catching the ball. I was impressed by his recognition of knocking that ball away, instead of trying to catch it himself as well.

The less I hear his name during the game, the more impressed with his coverage I become. A much better year thus far.

Big D
11-27-2007, 04:28 PM
I think that mike tomlin has had alot to do with his turnaround

BlastFurnace
11-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Ike is awesome, only thing is, he has hands of steel....don't really want those when you're going up for a pick.

He still has the best INT we have had in recent memory though...in Super Bowl XL.

Dino 6 Rings
11-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Props to Ike for getting his head into the game and earning back his starting position.

skinart82
11-27-2007, 06:19 PM
I Like Ike Taylor

ShutDown24
11-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Ike was benched this time last season because he was the scapegoat. A great player and a great guy. I got my Super Bowl XL team picture with his signature proudly as the focul point of my desk :D

19ward86
11-27-2007, 06:46 PM
"i like ike" is becoming a top corner, i probably shouldnt say that because that is what analyst were saying in 2005 when he first broke out.

GeneralRobinson
11-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Ike Taylor....swaggin'!

Rhee Rhee
11-27-2007, 11:49 PM
no to me Ike is a top 5 CB... my list goes as 1. Champ 2. Deangelo 3. Antoine Winfield 4. Ike Taylor 5. Al Harris/ Charles Woodson

jjpro11
11-28-2007, 12:44 AM
no to me Ike is a top 5 CB... my list goes as 1. Champ 2. Deangelo 3. Antoine Winfield 4. Ike Taylor 5. Al Harris/ Charles Woodson

every week i watch falcons highlights deangelo hall is betting burned. i'll take ike any day over that head case.

Rhee Rhee
11-28-2007, 03:07 AM
every week i watch falcons highlights deangelo hall is betting burned. i'll take ike any day over that head case.

aite aite ur rite ur rite.. deangelo not #2... in fact im taking him off top 5 im moving everyone up one and putting asante at #5 maybe ahead of the green bay guys.. i always thought he could never tackle but he aint too shabby...

btw if Ike taylor had some kind of hands.. he'd have 5 picks every year at least.

revefsreleets
11-28-2007, 10:10 AM
We will see. My guess is that a lot of our defensive success (if we are going to have success) against the Pats will hinge on being able to leave Ike out on an island with Moss. With Welker, Stallworth and Moss running around, there aren't enough DB's to double cover anybody, not if you want to put pressure on Brady.

SteelStealth
11-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Taylor stepped up. That's a given.

alittlejazzbird
11-28-2007, 10:54 AM
I think that mike tomlin has had alot to do with his turnaround

I think he had everything to do with it, simply by telling Ike, I don't care what things were like last year. I've watched you on film, I see your talent, I know how good you can be, now go prove it. Ike's coach believes in him, plain and simple. How can you not be successful when someone like Mike Tomlin is your champion?

It's one of the many reasons why Tomlin's hiring is going to pay huge dividends for years to come.

The Duke
11-28-2007, 01:07 PM

umm....Asante Samuel?? And I think Al Harris and Woodson are better cause they play very physical and still come up with interceptions