PDA

View Full Version : 5 games to go...

Edman
11-27-2007, 06:17 PM
The home stretch. How will the Steelers fare?

They say every season has it's peaks and valleys. The Steelers are obviously in a valley. Let's hope the Offense gets it together. I hope Santonio returns next week. I think we have already seen that he is invaluable to this offense. Besides the Broncs and Jets games, the D is playing at a high level as high as we've ever seen in years. Posting 2 shutouts this year.

The optimist in me says a Steeler run is in the works thanks to this valley, but the uncertain pessimist in me points out two flaws: The Offensive Line and Bruce Arians. I say the Steelers at worst go 3-2 during this stretch.

The Bungles seem to have found their feet and are coming into Heinz with momentum. Let's hope it doesn't rain next Sunday night.

SteelCityMan786
11-27-2007, 06:34 PM
40% Chance of showers in the forecast for Sunday.

The Duke
11-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Right now I want to beat the bengals and ravens, get a complete sweep on the division.
Pats game will be tough, but I see the steelers losing this one(at least in the regular season....)
Jags and Rams, could go either way, depends on the browns wins by then, but I just hope the steelers don't understimate any team right now, especially the rams who seem like the weakest of the 5 right now

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I think we will do fairly well. We should get four wins if the O gets back on track. I'd really like us to pick up some momentum these next couple of weeks and role into the playoffs.

Atlanta Dan
11-27-2007, 07:08 PM
John Madden says for playoff teams the season starts at Thanksgiving - Steelers escaped last night with no injuries - Sunday night is a huge game - 8-4 with 3 out of the last 4 on the road could be grim

I figure 3-2 in the last 5 (11-5) with losses to the Pats and Jags or Rams. That means the Steelers need one Browns loss.to win the division.

If the Steelers go 2-3 (3-4 in their last seven) IMO it will be one and done in the playoffs,

cubanstogie
11-27-2007, 07:19 PM
thanks to Denver, and Tennessee losing this week even if we don't win division we will probably still get wild card. Cleveland has easy schedule, maybe I am naive i just don't see them winning them all even though they should. They're the Browns, remember!! Rams don't worry me one bit. Cincy will score on us, hopefully our offense will return to form or we could lose that game. If we win 1 of the games vs. Jags or Pats I will be happy. Ravens will lose composure and we should win by 17 or so. I see 3-2 at worst, and hopefully Cards will do us a favor and beat the Browns. Browns are due for a bad game. Im sure most agree, If we had a decent line we would have as good chance as Pats, or Colts to win the SB. I think its too much to ask of Ben to keep winning these games without any time to throw. If we are lucky he won't get hurt. If we clinch division prior to last week no doubt Ben should sit against Ravens. Thats what I am hoping for. Those convicts are out for blood, I wouldn't put anything past them as far as cheap shots. I hope Mahan pulls his head out of his rear.

FastWillieParker39
11-27-2007, 07:58 PM
I say we go 3-2 the rest of the way as well. 11-5 as division champs

steelpride12
11-27-2007, 09:19 PM
My guess is surprising and i say we lose to the Jags and Ravens, but win out the rest of season yes even the Pats to be 11-5 win the division browns lose 2 going to 10-6!

43SteelCurtainRevolution
11-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Why do you think we'll lose to the Ravens?? I don't see that happening at all.

jjpro11
11-27-2007, 11:49 PM
we have a far more likely chance of losing to the rams right now than the ravens.. that game has "trap" written all over it in large, bold, red print.

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Hard to believe that the season is well past being half over. The NFL season is too damn short. Seems like just yesterday we were playing the Saints in the HoF game.

Steelman16
11-28-2007, 12:12 AM
As I've said before, I think we lose to the Rams and/or the Jags.

Rhee Rhee
11-28-2007, 02:01 AM
cinci scares me.. tennesee's defense is no slouch and they scored 35... but ya i agree with everyone else 3-2 seems likely it's just that jaguars game im afraid of... we've never played well against the jags.... we've never been able to run it or pass it... we've gotten by with field goals and field position and thats about it... that game mite turn out more boring than the dolphins..

STEELtownHAVOX
11-28-2007, 06:49 AM
we don't lose again until this upcoming preseason where we are playing the people trying to make the team.

TackleMeBen
11-28-2007, 07:17 AM
Hard to believe that the season is well past being half over. The NFL season is too damn short. Seems like just yesterday we were playing the Saints in the HoF game.

i know, it sucks that the season is almost over. guess i will start my countdown to training camp. :cheer:

Steel Pit
11-28-2007, 08:43 AM
cinci scares me.. tennesee's defense is no slouch and they scored 35... but ya i agree with everyone else 3-2 seems likely it's just that jaguars game im afraid of... we've never played well against the jags.... we've never been able to run it or pass it... we've gotten by with field goals and field position and thats about it... that game mite turn out more boring than the dolphins..

Cincinnati doesn't worry me in the least bit. The Steelers always play a lot better against teams that they don't like and they certainly don't like the Bengals.

Our history with the Jaguars dictates a close-hard fought battle. I will however add this, The Jaguars have never played a Steelers team that wasn't coached by Bill Cowher and we all know how conservative and sometimes stubborn Cowher could be. I'm interested to see how the Steelers do against the Jaguars with an offensive system that is known to air it out quite a bit.

The playoffs, well I've already heard commentators stating that the Patriots have the Steelers number. History certainly backs that statement but once again, let me say this, the Patriots had COWHER'S number. A less conservative offensive game plan may prove to be the difference allowing the Steelers to clear the Patriots hurdle.

Rotorhead
11-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Well, because of our Def, I think we can beat the Jags. Our passing game should be fine against the Pats, so that could actually turn out to be a close one if we play our best. As long as we don't lay any eggs for the rest of the season (someone needs to learn how to MOTIVATE this team) we should go 4-1 to win the division. I definately am a Cards fan this week though!

Dino 6 Rings
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
One Game Left, that's all I can see. Bengals. Beat the Bengals, crush Chad, Break Carson, Destroy Hushamama and get to 9-3. That's all that matters, Especially with the Jags vs Colts. We need to win this week because that afc south game means a ton for the playoff picture. We can Not afford to look ahead. Bengals. Beat the Bengals.

Steel Pit
11-28-2007, 08:51 PM
One Game Left, that's all I can see. Bengals. Beat the Bengals, crush Chad, Break Carson, Destroy Hushamama and get to 9-3. That's all that matters, Especially with the Jags vs Colts. We need to win this week because that afc south game means a ton for the playoff picture. We can Not afford to look ahead. Bengals. Beat the Bengals.

This is a fans forum not a players site. Fans can look ahead as far as they want to. It's the players who MUST play it one week at a time.

steelpride12
11-28-2007, 09:14 PM

I agree i think that will be a big win for us because a loss to the bungles would be devistating still having to play the Pats and Jags!

SalukiSteelers
11-29-2007, 01:54 AM
I think there's a real good chance PGH drops its next three games. Cincy's offense is heating up and I can't imagine that the defense can always keep Ocho Cinco out of the end zone, especially with a dinged-up Troy maybe missing the game.. I picked Cincy to win this game for a season split in my preseason prediction. I really don't see the Steelers beating the Pats, though losing Rosie Colvin will take a little starch out of NE's pass rush. But then again, with the way the O-line has underachieved this season and with Marvell battling injury, this could be a long day for Ben. Plus the Pats defense always seems to damage people. Following the Pats game with the Jags is a tough, tough draw. My nightmare scenario was PGH being 9-6 heading into the Ravens game and unless the team shows me something Sunday night, I'd better check under my bed for monsters.

revefsreleets
11-29-2007, 09:05 AM
There's no way Cincy beats the Steelers at home this week. It's on the big stage again, the team plays well at home, and Cincy has no defense.