PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams out for the year, again

Stlrs4Life
11-27-2007, 07:51 PM
From Rotoworld.com:
The Palm Beach Post reports that Ricky Williams is out for the season with a torn chest muscle.
That was fast. Williams probably didn't show enough to garner much trade interest, so the Dolphins must decide if they want to keep him at a cheap salary next season. We'd guess Ricky will be back. With Jesse Chatman hurting, Patrick Cobbs becomes a worthwhile pickup in most leagues. Nov. 27 - 2:50 pm et
Source: Palm Beach Post (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/11/27/1127ricky.html)

PisnNapalm
11-27-2007, 08:06 PM
He's probably grateful. he doesn't have to play and can still collect a check. He ought to send the Steelers some "thank you" notes and flowers.

HometownGal
11-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Dollars to donuts sez he'll fail another drug test. He'll be back to tokin' the weed for "medicinal" purposes.

I think the Fins should release him and cut their losses before he embarrasses that franchise again.

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Prohibition/Drug%20Information/Marijuana/Graphics/hashish-smoker.jpg

SteelCityMan786
11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
The Fins are keeping him because he owes the team money.

fansince'76
11-27-2007, 08:31 PM
The Fins are keeping him because he owes the team money.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winnah!

Godfather
11-27-2007, 08:35 PM
That was fast. Williams probably didn't show enough to garner much trade interest, so the Dolphins must decide if they want to keep him at a cheap salary next season. ]

He was reinstated after the trade deadline. Otherwise the Dolphins could have dumped him off for a conditional draft pick.

If I were a GM I'd be willing to give him a one-year contract at the league minimum. He has talent...just can't trust him so you have to minimize your risk.

Sucks that he got hurt, though. Hate to see that happen (except to TO or Tom Brady).

Hines0wnz
11-29-2007, 05:20 PM
A fumble and out for the year on one play.

Who says the guy has no talent? :thumbsup:

The Patriot
11-29-2007, 07:07 PM
And back to his joint he goes for another 10 months. :sofunny: