PDA

View Full Version : bye-bye to bens td streak

tony hipchest
11-27-2007, 08:58 PM
ben had the longest current streak of consecutive games with atleast 1 td pass (yes, longer than brady, romo, manning, favre, :blah: )

i believe the streak was 14 and is a steelers record. odd this would end on a night where he set a completion % ((not sure if it was personal or team) record and consecutive passes completed (which i think was a team) record.

either way, i thought ben played well within the system when he easilly coulda tried to force something (int's in oak for td's comes to mind).

it brought back good memories of 2004 in the hurricaine when the big question going into the game was whether the rookie qb could win the game in his 1st career start... same conditions, same clutch throws, same results.

Edman
11-27-2007, 09:35 PM
I'll see what Ben and the whole Offense does during this home stretch.

tony hipchest
11-27-2007, 10:09 PM
I'll see what Ben and the whole Offense does during this home stretch.:huh: ok.

i think the rest of us who cant attend, will tune in too. we all will see! :thumbsup:

...on to a new streak!

Edman
11-27-2007, 10:20 PM
:huh: ok.

i think the rest of us who cant attend, will tune in too. we all will see! :thumbsup:

...on to a new streak!

I believe I confused you.

What I meant is that I'd rather the Steelers not shoot for big records now and start a new run for the playoffs.

Granted it was an impressive streak by Ben, but the playoffs are looming ever closer. It won't mean jack squat then.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2007, 12:01 AM
ben had the longest current streak of consecutive games with atleast 1 td pass (yes, longer than brady, romo, manning, favre, :blah: )

i believe the streak was 14 and is a steelers record. odd this would end on a night where he set a completion % ((not sure if it was personal or team) record and consecutive passes completed (which i think was a team) record.

either way, i thought ben played well within the system when he easilly coulda tried to force something (int's in oak for td's comes to mind).

it brought back good memories of 2004 in the hurricaine when the big question going into the game was whether the rookie qb could win the game in his 1st career start... same conditions, same clutch throws, same results.

I know Ben's streak ended last night and that sucks....But thats what makes Johnny Unitas and his 47 games with a TD pass so impressive....Plus when you factor defensive players could mug WRs in Johnny's era it is even more impressive...

I think Johnny's 47 consecutive games with a TD pass is far more impressive then Joe DiMiaggio's 56 consecutive game hitting streak.....Both are great records....

Can't wait to see Ben begin a new streak vs the Bengals this Sunday....I don't think he will ever make a run at Johnny U but it would be cool to see Ben if he could get to 30 or 40 consecutive games with a TD pass...

jjpro11
11-28-2007, 12:42 AM
well he certainly chose a bad time to end it.. i lost my FF game by a measly 2 points after going into the game leading by 3 with willie and ben facing the steelers D. i wanted ben to complete that pass to willie so bad at the end.. friggin porter!

bratsinmybelly
11-28-2007, 02:02 AM
Tony the stat master:

How many Steeler records does Ben already posses? Is it just me or does it seem as though he will re-write the whole book before he is through?
The only one I really care about is SB wins.

Rhee Rhee
11-28-2007, 02:56 AM
er... i think the fact that ben ended his streak at 14 makes Unitas's record even more amazin

Galax Steeler
11-28-2007, 04:50 AM
Hopefully he can get a new streak going and it will be better then the first one.

Crushzilla
11-28-2007, 05:05 AM

I'm fairly certain that the completion % record was a team one. Shame about the TD mark, but life goes on.

He'll have plenty more chances to work on that.

jjpro11
11-28-2007, 10:47 AM
didnt he have a 15 straight completion streak during that game? he did something like that against seattle, but the announcers only mentioned it once on monday night.

iloveben7
11-28-2007, 06:19 PM
I was really hoping for Ben to throw a TD pass in the Miami game. He was so close too with Willie Reid almost getting in the endzone and on the next play, but he got sacked. Oh well Ben has set many new records and will continue to set many more records. I just can't wait for the record of Ben being the QB with the most Superbowl rings with one team.

fansince'76
11-28-2007, 07:43 PM
I have to give props to both Ben and the WRs - for only 2 out of 21 passes to hit the ground in a game under those horrible conditions is nothing short of amazing.

TackleMeBen
11-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I was really hoping for Ben to throw a TD pass in the Miami game. He was so close too with Willie Reid almost getting in the endzone and on the next play, but he got sacked. Oh well Ben has set many new records and will continue to set many more records. I just can't wait for the record of Ben being the QB with the most Superbowl rings with one team.

:iagree: the only streak i care about seeing him get is the most superbowls and if they can all be with the steelers that would be even better..(that way i wouldnt have to get a new jersey.)

tony hipchest
11-28-2007, 09:18 PM
I have to give props to both Ben and the WRs - for only 2 out of 21 passes to hit the ground in a game under those horrible conditions is nothing short of amazing.i liked how he shook off that 1st interception to porter (and then the near fumble, soon after).

instead of chasing after a streak or personal record, he played within the system and didnt try to play above the conditions, and took the sack as opposed to taking a risk.

he doesnt mind taking some of the heat off the offensive line and being blamed for some of the sacks. whether they suck or not, he has shown all year he's got their backs.

with it being pretty obvious the game would likely come down to a lack of mistakes and a fg, he played within the system, with the big picture in mind.

im much more impressed with the maturity (and lack of pressing) i saw, than i am with the streak. one stat that is cool is bens 1st career win was in miami. and his 51 st career start was a victory against miami. interesting to look at all the parallels and differences between the 2 games and the 4 seasons that transpired.

steelwolf21
11-30-2007, 10:06 AM
i liked how he shook off that 1st interception to porter (and then the near fumble, soon after).

instead of chasing after a streak or personal record, he played within the system and didnt try to play above the conditions, and took the sack as opposed to taking a risk.

he doesnt mind taking some of the heat off the offensive line and being blamed for some of the sacks. whether they suck or not, he has shown all year he's got their backs.

with it being pretty obvious the game would likely come down to a lack of mistakes and a fg, he played within the system, with the big picture in mind.

im much more impressed with the maturity (and lack of pressing) i saw, than i am with the streak. one stat that is cool is bens 1st career win was in miami. and his 51 st career start was a victory against miami. interesting to look at all the parallels and differences between the 2 games and the 4 seasons that transpired.

If only they had HIS back! :dang:

Jman
11-30-2007, 10:35 AM

He really has held them up in the press as well...Always thanking them and such.

I think he's done very well keeping composure on and off the field.

BurghZ0n3
11-30-2007, 10:42 AM
...although Miami game was the worst for me (I thought '96 playoff was the worst winning 7-6 against PATS), BEN (& the rest) will bounce back :tt02::tt02::tt02:. My peer (a guy who ONLY loves flowers...so u know what kind of guy he is!!!) says Steelers r just stupid, I say you'll NEVER know until someone shoves the ball inside ur tiny a$$...!!!! :helmet::banging::banging::banging::helmet: