PDA

View Full Version : Matt Spaeth

SteelStealth
11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
I know this kid was hurt earlier in the season, but I havent seen him on any injury reports recently, unless I missed it. . He has 5 receptions, 3 were for TD's. I love Heath, but Spaeth is a great go to guy also. Anyone know why we haven't played him since his injury? Just curious.
Thanks,
Matt Spaeth

.....just kidding about being Spaeth, lol.
SS

ChronoCross
11-28-2007, 11:27 AM
If you watch the latest games, we do not use are TE's as much as we did the first part of the season.

Mosca
11-28-2007, 11:41 AM
I've seen him whiff on a couple blocks. He'll be good, but he is still a rookie. Once he's up to speed, it will be like when the Raiders had Casper and Christensen at the same time. Both guys were total players who could catch, run, and block with the best of them.

shutdown
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
He's been in quite a bit.

Dunno how you missed him.

Da Steeler Soprano
11-28-2007, 03:34 PM
How could u have missed his dropped ball agasint the Jets?

alittlejazzbird
11-28-2007, 04:56 PM
If you watch the latest games, we do not use are TE's as much as we did the first part of the season.

I've noticed it too, and not in a good way. We were having such success earlier on throwing to the TE. Do you think that because this was a relatively new thing for the Steelers to do, our early opponents weren't prepared for the change, but later opponents have adapted and are now covering the TEs better? Or has there been some shift in offensive philosophy that I missed somewhere along the line?

Texasfan
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
I've noticed it too, and not in a good way. We were having such success earlier on throwing to the TE. Do you think that because this was a relatively new thing for the Steelers to do, our early opponents weren't prepared for the change, but later opponents have adapted and are now covering the TEs better? Or has there been some shift in offensive philosophy that I missed somewhere along the line?

I think that it all comes back to the O-line. If you've noticed, any time Ben has time he has been effective.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Neither Spaeth nor Millers can block to save their lives.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-29-2007, 01:19 AM
Neither Spaeth nor Millers can block to save their lives.

Wow. Mistakes by both have not gone unnoticed but they are far from having to "save their lives."

Heath Miller's potential is our gain. Period.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-29-2007, 01:22 AM
Wow. Mistakes by both have not gone unnoticed but they are far from having to "save their lives."

Okay that might have been harsh how's this.... their blocking skills suck. Don't get me wrong I love Miller and the jury is still out on spaeth but that's a fact that can't be disputed.

Rhee Rhee
11-29-2007, 02:47 AM
umm i wasn't fond of this pick when we took him in the draft... well let's just say i thought he was a complete waste... but now i look at it he's a reliable target down at the goalline cause of his size.. but i haven't seen him jump up and use his 6'8 frame but then again he hasn't had to... but i think athletic ability is definitely a reason because no way he's as athletic as heath....

WWIIOwheelz
11-29-2007, 08:55 AM
I've seen Heath miss a couple of blocks, but he's been called for some really soft holding calls, too. TEs being quick outs were so effective early in the season, I've wondered myself what happened to all that early success. Like others, I think the problem is in the offensive line, and I think I see the specific problems there, too--- the right side, the middle, and sometimes the left. In that order. :D

therocksteeler
11-29-2007, 09:39 PM

AGREED!

BUNGLES :rocket:

:iagree:

geo123
11-30-2007, 07:58 AM
How could u have missed his dropped ball agasint the Jets?

I know that seemed like an easy one , but it happens. The key is to not let it affect you or the team the rest of the game. They need to spread the ball around, use everyone like the Pats.
If we didn't get rid of Burres and Randal El we'd have an awesome passing game!

HometownGal
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
If we didn't get rid of Burres and Randal El we'd have an awesome passing game!

I'd take Hines and Santo over Plexiglass and Randle El any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

geo123
11-30-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm not short changing the guys we have but I think Plax would be doing better if he had a better QB.

fansince'76
11-30-2007, 10:07 AM
How did the Steelers ever manage to win a SB without Plexiglass? :coffee: