PDA

View Full Version : Cedrick Wilson

BlastFurnace
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I was reading on Steelers.com this morning that Tomlin praised Wilson for his work on Thursday night.

The only other time that Cedrick had throws go his way was in the Seattle game and he did pretty well that game as well.

I wish we threw more to him. He always seems to produce when called upon, but it seems that Ben never throws his way...and I think he is a better receiver than Washington as well.

I know Cedrick has complained in the past and maybe the coaches don't like being called out publically by players...but the guy is a decent receiver.

Rotorhead
11-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Good, trade him for an OL to help us out :)

ShutDown24
11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
I was at the Seatle game and could almost feel a Cedric chant coming. There was one drive he had three, four catches for first downs. He is very underrated, especially around here.

delhess
11-28-2007, 11:10 AM
bill cowher has said he is a top notch route runner (which is uncommon these days)

jjpro11
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
the problem is he is a #4 receiver and we dont use many 4 receiver sets. he has done pretty well when holmes was out both times though.

BlastFurnace
11-28-2007, 11:32 AM
the problem is he is a #4 receiver and we dont use many 4 receiver sets. he has done pretty well when holmes was out both times though.

I'm beginning to wonder if he is a better option that Washington though as the #3.

Dino 6 Rings
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM
The problem is how he disappears at times in games, and there must be some reason he lost the 3 spot to washington, especially since washington had hands of stone early on.

19ward86
11-28-2007, 01:56 PM
u need to put in mind that washington is still a youngster, he has been in the league for a few years but doesnt play all that much, or at least he isnt throwns to that often, i would rather see washington as our #3 guy because i can see him replacing ward in a few seasons. trading cedrick would only get us another Sean "unworthy of a $15 million deal" Mahan.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-28-2007, 02:21 PM
In three seasons with the Steelers...Wilson has played in 42 games and managed 74 catches and ONE TD.

Time to let the dead weight go.

(Yes, I know he had two TD's in the post season)

Da Steeler Soprano
11-28-2007, 02:36 PM
u need to put in mind that washington is still a youngster, he has been in the league for a few years but doesnt play all that much, or at least he isnt throwns to that often, i would rather see washington as our #3 guy because i can see him replacing ward in a few seasons. trading cedrick would only get us another Sean "unworthy of a $15 million deal" Mahan.

REPLACING WARD in a few years??!! omg I hope we cut him before that disaster takes place.

Rhee Rhee
11-29-2007, 01:54 AM
Good, trade him for an OL to help us out :)

best idea i've heard yet....

he's a waste of a roster spot.. and complains sooo much.

we just need santonio back.. really fast...

Galax Steeler
11-29-2007, 04:13 AM
In three seasons with the Steelers...Wilson has played in 42 games and managed 74 catches and ONE TD.

Time to let the dead weight go.

(Yes, I know he had two TD's in the post season)

Agreed get rid of him.

Crushzilla
11-29-2007, 04:46 AM
While LGA (Little Girl Arms, his nickname in my group of friends), gives me hope that a guy with guns like mine can play in the NFL, he is a tad bit underrated.

He'll fill in just fine if Holmes can't go on Sunday, but as already said, he isn't the solution. I would like to see him used a little bit. When he was crying for the ball in the preseason, he got it, and caught it. He is a good receiver when they need him to be.

I think the reason Washington is above him is because the francise seems determined to breed him into a significant receiver. I always hear raving about his athleticism and I suppose they don't want to waste it... :coffee:

The fact is, Nate Washington isn't the answer either. He is not going to be #2 when Santonio inherits the 1 spot and Ward hangs 'em up.

We should be using everyone we can right now to win today, because as far as our long term future and the receiving game goes only two names should be mentioned: Santonio Holmes and Heath Miller.

The problem is, when Holmes is healthy who do we take off the field to get LGA in? For a 4 WR set you either remove Miller or Parker/Davenport. With Miller's abilities and the necessity for the additional blocker in the backfield, it just doesn't work.

If there is an injury, Wilson will get his looks. If there isn't, he's going to have to settle for spelling guys.

SteelersMongol
11-29-2007, 10:06 AM
While LGA (Little Girl Arms, his nickname in my group of friends), gives me hope that a guy with guns like mine can play in the NFL, he is a tad bit underrated.

He'll fill in just fine if Holmes can't go on Sunday, but as already said, he isn't the solution. I would like to see him used a little bit. When he was crying for the ball in the preseason, he got it, and caught it. He is a good receiver when they need him to be.

I think the reason Washington is above him is because the francise seems determined to breed him into a significant receiver. I always hear raving about his athleticism and I suppose they don't want to waste it... :coffee:

The fact is, Nate Washington isn't the answer either. He is not going to be #2 when Santonio inherits the 1 spot and Ward hangs 'em up.

We should be using everyone we can right now to win today, because as far as our long term future and the receiving game goes only two names should be mentioned: Santonio Holmes and Heath Miller.

The problem is, when Holmes is healthy who do we take off the field to get LGA in? For a 4 WR set you either remove Miller or Parker/Davenport. With Miller's abilities and the necessity for the additional blocker in the backfield, it just doesn't work.

If there is an injury, Wilson will get his looks. If there isn't, he's going to have to settle for spelling guys.

Well said. :thumbsup: