PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Rumor

fdp
11-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Dan Benton
AOL Fanhouse

Although this is nothing more than an unconfirmed rumor at the moment, sources in Washington have informed me that coach Joe Gibbs and the Buffalo Bills have been working on a "gentleman's agreement" that would allow the Redskins to honor their fallen teammate on the first play of the game.

From what I understand, Washington would line up with 10 defensive players, minus the free safety, and the Bills would simply run the ball.

Again, this rumor is unconfirmed, but that would truly be a great tribute to a man who was obviously turning his life around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this would be a great way to honor Sean Taylor.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-28-2007, 04:34 PM

I agree. This is a good way to honor Sean and it is a great gesture by both teams.

Big D
11-28-2007, 04:35 PM
that would be a great way to honor taylor. I dont see it happening

jjpro11
11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
its gotta be weird for the bills playing them on sunday. i mean, how can you trash talk and try to get into the heads of a team in the situation the redskins are in. if the redskins come out and play lethargic and bad, even though i think they will do the exact opposite, how can you really enjoy winning against a team that you know isnt really in it mentally? thats just gotta be tough for both teams.

Crushzilla
11-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Agreed. That would certainly be a symbolic tribute.

Fortunate the Redskins aren't playing the Patriots or it would probably be a play action pass... :coffee:

Steelman16
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Well, if any team knows what the Redskins are going through, it'd be the Bills. And Kevin Everett didn't die in a shooting.

If it happens, I think it'd be a nice gesture.

Borski
11-28-2007, 05:05 PM
I don't think the Bills will do any trash talk, that had a slightly similar situation in what happened to Kevin Everett (who by the way is home from rehab and walking with help).

Steelerstrength
11-28-2007, 05:07 PM

Fortunate the Redskins aren't playing the Patriots or it would probably be a play action pass... :coffee:

I was having a serious moment until I read this post.

I had to laugh, then caught myself. The bigger picture came back to mind, but you can't iliminate that play-action possibility when playing the Putz!

Crushzilla
11-28-2007, 05:11 PM
I was having a serious moment until I read this post.

I had to laugh, then caught myself. The bigger picture came back to mind, but you can't iliminate that play-action possibility when playing the Putz!

Right. And probably not the most appropriate time to point out the classless organization in Boston, but it holds a lot of validity in his conversation.

Football is sport. I know that I take it very seriously, but, as we all know, other things go farther.

If the Bills agree to this then it shows how that francise still has its head together, that life is larger than football. I'm not sure that Kraft would have the same sentiments.

iloveben7
11-28-2007, 05:16 PM
I think that would be a great honor. I also like how the teams are honoring Taylor before the game and all players will be wearing 21 on their helmets.

stlrtruck
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
With all the BS that has been happening in the NFL this year, this would be a great story - and if it's true, I wish I could be at the game.

HometownGal
11-28-2007, 07:09 PM
This would be an awesome tribute to a young man whose life ended too soon and so tragically. The Wilsons are decent people and have always impressed me as running a fairly classy organization, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this does happen.

Steeler in Carolina
11-28-2007, 08:10 PM
That would truly be a great tribute, and you are right about the Pats. They would throw the ball and then tell everyone they had no agreement.

Edman
11-28-2007, 08:13 PM
If this were the Patriots, they would call a playaction fake and have their WR's run deep routes, then have Tom heave it for the TD. Then blab on in the media that there was no agreement.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Belichick and Kraft are scumbags.

Counselor
11-29-2007, 11:15 AM
That would truly be a great tribute, and you are right about the Pats. They would throw the ball and then tell everyone they had no agreement.

Belicheat would say that he followed "his own interpretation" of the agreement.

Hines0wnz
11-29-2007, 05:21 PM

*zing*

lulz

Hines0wnz
11-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Dan Benton
AOL Fanhouse

Although this is nothing more than an unconfirmed rumor at the moment, sources in Washington have informed me that coach Joe Gibbs and the Buffalo Bills have been working on a "gentleman's agreement" that would allow the Redskins to honor their fallen teammate on the first play of the game.

From what I understand, Washington would line up with 10 defensive players, minus the free safety, and the Bills would simply run the ball.

Again, this rumor is unconfirmed, but that would truly be a great tribute to a man who was obviously turning his life around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little bit of irony in this is the almost tragedy that the Bills' Kevin Everett had this year as well.

jjpro11
11-29-2007, 09:06 PM
If this were the Patriots, they would call a playaction fake and have their WR's run deep routes, then have Tom heave it for the TD. Then blab on in the media that there was no agreement.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Belichick and Kraft are scumbags.

if they did that i think one of the redskins fans would run onto the field and break brady's leg himself.

nojobny
12-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Just saw on Fox that the Redskins ARE lining up with only 10 guys on the first defensive play.

Great tribute.

stillers4me
12-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Just saw on Fox that the Redskins ARE lining up with only 10 guys on the first defensive play.

Great tribute.

He'll be there beside his teammates, you can be sure of that.

Petesburgh66
12-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I guess nobody mentioned this to both CBS announcers (Eagle and Soloman). They were both clueless that the Skins were going to do this (10 men on the field on the first offensive Bills play).

stillers4me
12-02-2007, 01:45 PM
They did it. :thumbsup:

Steeler in Carolina
12-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Bad loss for the Skins. Gibbs cost them 15 yards at the end of the game and turn a game winning 51 yard FG try into a 36 yarder.

lilyoder6
12-02-2007, 06:19 PM
i was glad that the teams decided to do that..

ace man 21
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
yea i think this is a good thing to do

SteelCityMan786
12-02-2007, 06:38 PM
yea i think this is a good thing to do

they did it to.

HometownGal
12-02-2007, 06:47 PM
What an awesome way to honor Sean. I had tears in my eyes seeing that. Kudos Skins. :cheers:

RIP #21. :tombstone