PDA

View Full Version : Kreider placed on IR

83-Steelers-43
11-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Steelers' Kreider placed on injured reserve
Thursday, November 29, 2007
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have placed fullback Dan Kreider on the season-ending injured reserve list and activated tight end Jon Dekker to their 53-man roster.

Kreider, an undrafted free agent who has been the starting fullback since the middle of his rookie season in 2000, injured his knee Monday night against the Miami Dolphins.

Dekker, an undrafted free agent from Princeton, has been on the practice squad each of the past two seasons. The Steelers needed a third tight end after Jerame Tuman was placed on injuured reserve last week.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07333/837782-66.stm

DACEB
11-29-2007, 01:06 PM
I guess the obvious question is, was it because of the field??

Dan looked good on that catch MN. It's too bad but he hasn't been used much this year.

Good luck Dan!

SteelerFanInCA
11-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Man, that's some tough news. I would have to ask the same question. Was the injury field related?

GeneralRobinson
11-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Dan's been unable to stay healthy all year for a number of reasons. I would speculate that it was an accumulation of a number of factors.

Steel Pit
11-29-2007, 01:39 PM
The Steelers had better find a "true fullback" because they certainly don't have one in Davis.

SCSTILLER
11-29-2007, 01:57 PM
The Steelers had better find a "true fullback" because they certainly don't have one in Davis.

Agree 100%, Davis is not a good fullback. I personally beleive that we are a better running team with Kreider at FB. Hope to see him back 100% next year, and ready to blow up some LB's

MJ5150
11-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Agree 100%, Davis is not a good fullback. I personally beleive that we are a better running team with Kreider at FB. Hope to see him back 100% next year, and ready to blow up some LB's

I'm with you on this totally. I also agree with Steel Pit.

This news makes me very nervous. This was his 8th year in the league, so I'm mostly worried that this may be it for Dan. Remember when Jerome said he had to fake an injury in training camp to keep from getting cut after he was coming off knee surgery? With Dan being injured now, in his 8th year, and the seeming affection for the so called FB Davis, I bet he's gone from the B&G.

If that is true, I'll cry. Dan is my favorite player.

-Mike

HometownGal
11-29-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm with you on this totally. I also agree with Steel Pit.

This news makes me very nervous. This was his 8th year in the league, so I'm mostly worried that this may be it for Dan. Remember when Jerome said he had to fake an injury in training camp to keep from getting cut after he was coming off knee surgery? With Dan being injured now, in his 8th year, and the seeming affection for the so called FB Davis, I bet he's gone from the B&G.

If that is true, I'll cry. Dan is my favorite player.

-Mike

Sadly, I have to agree too. For the life of me, I haven't been able to figure out all season Tomlin's reasoning behind sitting one of the top 2 FBs in the league in favor of an unproven rookie who really hasn't made that much of an impact playing in Kreider's stead. :dang:

The field condition may have played a part in Dan's knee problems which landed him on the IRL, though I didn't notice that he was injured on that play. In any event, get well soon Dan and I'm keeping fingers crossed for you to remain with the Steelers, get back on that field and do what you do best! :cheers:

OneForTheToe
11-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Isn't Dan an free Agent next year? Really makes me wonder if he will be back. But yea, Carrie Davis has been a huge disapointment. I just remember in preseason how everyone was raving about Davis. If Dan will not be back, I think he need to address a fullback late in the draft or through free agency.

Hey what Tebow? At least we know he could run the half back option.:wink02:

klick81
11-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Well this sucks. Kreider's a solid guy.

Atlanta Dan
11-29-2007, 02:47 PM
With Tuman gone and Smith hobbled the blocking is taking a real hit.

Kreider had been banged up all year but this cumulatively is another loss for a team that does not exactly seem to be peaking going into the homestretch.

IMO Kreider can thank Arians for being benched due to some vison by Arians of using the fullback in the offense that has been a total bust.

Afraid this may be it for Kreider.

Steel Pit
11-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Isn't Dan an free Agent next year? Really makes me wonder if he will be back. But yea, Carrie Davis has been a huge disapointment. I just remember in preseason how everyone was raving about Davis. If Dan will not be back, I think he need to address a fullback late in the draft or through free agency.

Hey what Tebow? At least we know he could run the half back option.:wink02:

I really like that ANIMAL that plays FB for West Virginia. By not recalling his name I sound kind of stupid but I'm sure that some of you have seen this guy play as well. He's huge and crazy.

MJ5150
11-29-2007, 03:15 PM
IMO Kreider can thank Arians for being benched due to some vison by Arians of using the fullback in the offense that has been a total bust.

That's what I was thinking, and it really ticks me off.

-Mike

Edman
11-29-2007, 03:21 PM
:dang::banging: D'oh!

We'll miss him a lot.

X-Terminator
11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
I really like that ANIMAL that plays FB for West Virginia. By not recalling his name I sound kind of stupid but I'm sure that some of you have seen this guy play as well. He's huge and crazy.

That would be Owen Schmitt, and yes, he'd look great in B&G.

I'm afraid this might be it for Dan Kreider. He's a FA after this season, and unless he comes back at a drastically reduced price, I see him in another team's uniform next season.

Rhee Rhee
11-29-2007, 04:23 PM
omg.... idk he was one of those super hard working guys that you knew what to expect from beacuse he brought intensity day in and day out.. we'll miss him but idk.. not much on the field as in our thoughts.. because he didnt get to play dat much this year

Counselor
11-29-2007, 04:53 PM
With Tuman gone and Smith hobbled the blocking is taking a real hit.

Kreider had been banged up all year but this cumulatively is another loss for a team that does not exactly seem to be peaking going into the homestretch.

Afraid this may be it for Kreider.

I don't exactly know how you can say a top 10 offense is a "total bust" but to each their own.

Kreider has been having on and off knee problems for years---am I the only one who remembers he almost didn't play in the super bowl? He is a free agent and I think the decision was made a while ago that he probably wouldn't be back or his contract would have already been extended.

Dynasty
11-29-2007, 05:40 PM
That would be Owen Schmitt, and yes, he'd look great in B&G.

I'm afraid this might be it for Dan Kreider. He's a FA after this season, and unless he comes back at a drastically reduced price, I see him in another team's uniform next season.

I agree on both counts. Schmitt would be a great steeler - I like how intense he is. And given the steelers philosphy on drafting and FA, kreider is gone if we get a guy like schmitt.

Atlanta Dan
11-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't exactly know how you can say a top 10 offense is a "total bust" but to each their own.

Kreider has been having on and off knee problems for years---am I the only one who remembers he almost didn't play in the super bowl? He is a free agent and I think the decision was made a while ago that he probably wouldn't be back or his contract would have already been extended.

I do not know how i could say a top 10 offense is a total bust either - that is why i did not say it.

What i said was Kreider being benched for Davis has been a bust - I assume you do not disagree with that statement.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Well the bright side is, Starks will not be playing tight end(thank God) now that Dekker is on the depth chart.

Stlrs4Life
11-29-2007, 07:57 PM

I have been saying that for a few weeks. I'm bummed. This might be the end of Kreiders career in Pittsburgh. I hope I'm wrong.

jjpro11
11-29-2007, 09:11 PM
holy shit! john kuhn just sprung ryan grant free for a 62 yard td run!. he even recovered an onside kick, but it was called back for an illegal touch.

The Duke
11-29-2007, 09:27 PM
holy shit! john kuhn just sprung ryan grant free for a 62 yard td run!. he even recovered an onside kick, but it was called back for an illegal touch.

John Kuhn, I miss him. Why exactly was he let go? he could be great right now without kreider.

Can't the fans make a petition to ask coach tomlin to keep kreider and make him the starter, at least as a suggestion? yes obviously next year....

Get well Dan!

83-Steelers-43
11-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Kreider's Steelers career may end
FB, an unrestricted free agent, tears ACL
Friday, November 30, 2007
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Fullback Dan Kreider might have had more than just his season end when he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee Monday night against the Miami Dolphins.

His career with the Steelers could be over, too, because he is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

Kreider, an undrafted free agent who has been the starting fullback since the middle of his rookie season in 2000, was placed on the injured reserve list yesterday, ending his season.

He was replaced on the 53-man roster by tight end Jon Dekker, an undrafted free agent from Princeton who has been on the practice squad each of the past two seasons.

The Steelers needed a third tight end after Jerame Tuman was placed on injured reserve last week.

The Steelers have only one fullback on the roster, Carey Davis, and cannot afford an injury at that position.

"I didn't have that planned, anyway," Davis said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07334/837983-66.stm

Steel Pit
11-30-2007, 03:18 AM
I wonder where Jon Witman is, do you think that he has stayed in pretty good shape?
Hell, it wouldn't hurt, go ahead and give him a call.

Galax Steeler
11-30-2007, 04:56 AM
I also fell like this will be it for kreider tomlin will go for some new blood at fb next year.

jjpro11
11-30-2007, 08:56 AM
will russell finally be activated now?