PDA

View Full Version : Any news on BEN??..Update, Ben will start against Bengals

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-17-2005, 07:29 PM
I've been looking for news n bens status and im not having any luck.
anyone hear anything
I hope Maddox doesnt have to play again

Prosdo
10-18-2005, 12:39 AM
All I found

Steelers | Roethlisberger Will Start Week 7
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:57:59 -0700

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (knee) will start Week 7 against the Cincinnati Bengals.

http://www.kffl.com/player/9341/NFL

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Yep...

There were two pieces of good news yesterday in an otherwise dreary day after for the Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger will return to start at quarterback Sunday, and the team hits the friendly confines of a road game.

Roethlisberger missed the loss Sunday with a knee injury, but sources indicate he will start in Cincinnati for an early AFC North Division showdown between the surprising first-place Bengals (5-1) and the defending division champion Steelers (3-2).

It will be the first time since Nov. 18, 1990, that both teams have a winning record when they meet.

The Steelers actually may welcome another business trip. They have won their past nine away games, tying a team record set November 1974 to November 1975. Their bungling loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, 23-17, in overtime, was their third in their past four home games at Heinz Field. They were unbeaten in the 2004 regular season at home.

Roethlisberger wanted to play Sunday and lobbied coach Bill Cowher to let him do so. He lost that argument because Cowher did not want to endanger his young quarterback, whose left knee was hyperextended Oct. 10 in San Diego.

He will start the next game, though, and Sunday's starter, Tommy Maddox, may not be No. 2 behind him. Maddox's shoulder was hurt in the game Sunday and he could be the emergency No. 3 quarterback in Cincinnati. If so, Charlie Batch would become the No. 2 quarterback.

Either way, his teammates welcomed the news that Roethlisberger will be back.

here's the rest (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05291/590331.stm)

ironcitychef
10-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Uh...if Tommy can shave 3 weeks of his leg, after Sunday, Ben was already penciled in.:twocents:

BB2W
10-18-2005, 08:18 AM
This is good news... we are gonna need him. I can't beleive I thought Maddox could get us a win. I hope Ward is 100% and ready to go too. :hope:

Has anyone heard anything on Ricardo Coclough's shoulder?... we may need him with all the WR's Cincy has...

Prosdo
10-18-2005, 08:26 AM
I haven't heard much on him at all. I would be interested in hearing some update on his injury as well.

SteelProven
10-18-2005, 08:34 AM
I think after last weeks debacle everybody is trying to play. This is a MUST WIN game that's not my opinion just blatent fact. If the Steelers lose this game they may have a hard time making it to the playoffs. Just becuz that loss to the Jags could prove costly. So our defense better come prepared or this will next week will be really hectic.

Grey
10-18-2005, 09:25 AM
SteelProven:

I agree that it is a must win type of game. They gotta beat Cinci to put themselves in the driver's seat as opposed to waiting for other teams to lose. Also, beating Cinci should set us up mentally to roll over the rest of the teams on the schedule, but a loss might really throw things into question. It's time to separate from the pack.

Enjoy the day.
Grey

shevdog
10-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Post Gazette Article:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05291/590331.stm

That is great news.

I heard Rendal-El is questionable for the Bungles game. I'll have to search to find out more on what is wrong with his foot. I hope it is just minor. Running a punt back for a TD would do that. I think Ward will be back too.