PDA

View Full Version : Americas Team???

tony hipchest
11-29-2007, 07:25 PM
the cowboys gotta be ashames still clinging to this title. nfl network aired a show recently discussing who is todays "americas team"- patriots, cowboys, green bay, or steelers.

throw out the patriots. including them in this discussion mustve been a courtesy. they are hated and not respected everywhere but in new england.

lots of packer fans in dallas tonight. you can even hear them cheer, infact they reported favre was cheered louder than romo.

and the last time the steelers visited there was an incredible steelerfan showing.

(i didnt hear any patfans when they most recently played in dallas.)

"americas team" would never let cowboyfans come into their house and try to take over.

jjpro11
11-29-2007, 08:01 PM
hahahahaa patriots?! they arent even the #1 team in boston.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-29-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't think it's the team clinging to the title as much as it's the media still giving them that title.

There is truly no "America's Team". If there were, than the other teams wouldn't have a fan base.

The Cleveland Browns have the largest official fan club in all professional sports in the Browns Backers Worldwide (81,869 and counting according to clevelandbrowns.com).

The Pittsburgh Steelers' fans invade opposing team's stadiums. It seems like a home game for the Steelers a lot of the time. You see "Steelers Country" banners hanging, Terrible Towels being waved, "Here we go Steelers here we go!" chants are heard on the radio and television. Oh, and the few opposing team spectaters that enter the gates of Heinz Field are rarley heard or seen on television. And when they are; it's either because it's a hot chic in verry little clothing, the camera's are focusing in on the sign the person brought, or the camera is focusing on the disgusted look on the face of the fan who's team is getting whooped by the Steelers.

The Patriot
11-30-2007, 04:16 PM
and the last time the steelers visited there was an incredible steelerfan showing.

(i didnt hear any patfans when they most recently played in dallas.)

"americas team" would never let cowboyfans come into their house and try to take over.

Actually there were so many Pats fans at the game that Patrick Crayton complained about the turnout. But I agree, there's alot of Patriots fans but they're not "America's Team" if anybody is.

Crushzilla
11-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Actually there were so many Pats fans at the game that Patrick Crayton complained about the turnout. But I agree, there's alot of Patriots fans but they're not "America's Team" if anybody is.

There's a difference between a loyal following and those who are into the current "big thing." If we're going to grade this by how many bandwagoners a team has then the Patriots are probably on the rise...

I feel like a lot of Green Bay fans are really Brett Favre fans. I know that's the only reason I give a crap about their games, because I love Brett Favre.

The Patriot
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM
There's a difference between a loyal following and those who are into the current "big thing." If we're going to grade this by how many bandwagoners a team has then the Patriots are probably on the rise...

I feel like a lot of Green Bay fans are really Brett Favre fans. I know that's the only reason I give a crap about their games, because I love Brett Favre.

Oh yeah, we have so many bandwagoners. I wish I was one because watching games would be so much less draining. Green Bay fans are diehards. We were beating them 35-0 in the 4th quarter last year and nobody had left the stadium and everyone was on their feet yelling. Red Sox will always be New England's number one team despite Bob Kraft's attempts.

warddj86
11-30-2007, 08:39 PM
i think that outside of the browns, the five biggest fanbases in the nfl, in no particular order is

1 Pats
2 Steelers
3 Cowboys
4 Packers
5 Bears

jjpro11
11-30-2007, 11:00 PM
i think that outside of the browns, the five biggest fanbases in the nfl, in no particular order is

1 Pats
2 Steelers
3 Cowboys
4 Packers
5 Bears

are you saying the browns have the largest fan base in the world?

NESteelerfan
12-01-2007, 01:06 PM
The Pats should have good numbers,It's pretty much the only game in town for a number of States in the northeast, Hence the NEW ENGLAND not Boston Patriots. Football fans in Maine, Vermont ,New Hampshire ,R.I.,and Massachusetts claim The Pats as their hometown heroes. I'll stick with the Steelers,thank you.

Big D
12-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I think americas team is a split between the steelers and the cowboys. I dont know how you can bring the patriots into the discussion as americas team. As previously stated they are more hated then anything else. And I lived in boston for awhile and I agree with the poster who said the patriots arent even the number one team in boston.

Steeler in Carolina
12-01-2007, 03:22 PM
The Pats are popular because they are winning right now. Think of how many people were fans of the 49ers in the 80's. Now, those guys are fans of the Pats. When the Pats fall, they will all jump off the bandwagon.

Big D
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
The Pats are popular because they are winning right now. Think of how many people were fans of the 49ers in the 80's. Now, those guys are fans of the Pats. When the Pats fall, they will all jump off the bandwagon.

which could be as soon as next year with the amount of free agents the patsies have next year

warddj86
12-01-2007, 07:05 PM
well according to roethlisBURGHer's post the browns do