PDA

View Full Version : Lets Just make it Official: Sepulveda is "The Man"

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-30-2007, 02:56 PM
After Last weeks game...Daniel Sepulveda has erased all doubts about his worth as a fourth round pick.

He has now placed HALF of his punts inside the 20 yard line... with 48 punts and 24 inside the 20. Granted the field conditions were punter friendly with the balls sticking into the ground like a javelin...but it was very telling that the other team didnt have the accuracy and placement of the Steelers punter.

Had you told me before this season that Sepulveda would be placing 50% of his kicks into that kind of favorable field positioning I would have thought that you were waaaaay to optimistic.

But now, I call it official.....YOU ARE THE MAN, DAN!!!!

PisnNapalm
11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I knew when I saw footage of his college punts that he'd be worth a 4th round pick. I'm glad they picked him.

Big D
11-30-2007, 03:28 PM
when we drafted him I honestly thought we drafted ray guy. I think this guy will be with us for years to come

RoethlisBURGHer
11-30-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm still waiting for a return guy to get smashed by him.

HometownGal
11-30-2007, 04:53 PM
As I've made no secret of - I'm VERY pleased with Sep. :thumbsup: At first, I wasn't all that thrilled about the Steelers selecting a punter in the 4th round of the draft, but Danny has erased any doubt that I had back then. He's a keeper. :jammin:

Rhee Rhee
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
this guy is incredible.... im just waiting till he gets the chance to knock the living snot out of a returner..... one thing though..... i wish he had a leg like that Rocca guy from philly... that philly punter is incredible from the endzone he punts it to like the opponents 25ish... simply incredible leg strength

steelpride12
11-30-2007, 07:22 PM
After seeing this guy in college i loved him from the stat and thought he was worthy of a fourth round pick and he is so excellent and keeping it in the 20 yard line thanks dude keep up it!
Dan your the Man!

alittlejazzbird
11-30-2007, 08:05 PM
After watching some of his punts in the preseason, I only half-jokingly posted that if he kept up that kind of punting, I might be buying a Sepulveda jersey (I'm still tempted to do it, LOL). At times this season, Dan has been the brightest spot on our special teams. The stat about number of punts downed inside the 20 is all you really need to know about his worth; remember, he's not often had to punt from deep in his own end so we don't really get to see how far, and how often, he can boom it.

I know we female Steeler fans like to show our appreciation for Dan's, uh, many assets, but strictly from a talent and skill standpoint, he was a great get for us and should pay dividends for many years to come.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Liked the pick from the start and he has done nothing to change my mind on the Steelers drafting him....Plus he is still a rookie....He is only going to get a better.....He will be the best punter in the NFL in a few years...

In Cowher We Trust
11-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I loved the pick and now im loving it even more!

RJC
11-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah, what they said. I thought he looked incredibly awesome to the max when he basically lost the Jets game for us by punting down the middle into the waiting arms of Leon Washington. Absolutely worth a 4th & 6th. Remember, Randy Moss was had for a 4th only....

The Duke
11-30-2007, 09:46 PM
A rookie leading the league in punts inside the 20 percentage, that's just crazy.

Maybe he will be the next brian moorman!

TackleMeBen
11-30-2007, 10:33 PM
After watching some of his punts in the preseason, I only half-jokingly posted that if he kept up that kind of punting, I might be buying a Sepulveda jersey (I'm still tempted to do it, LOL). At times this season, Dan has been the brightest spot on our special teams. The stat about number of punts downed inside the 20 is all you really need to know about his worth; remember, he's not often had to punt from deep in his own end so we don't really get to see how far, and how often, he can boom it.

I know we female Steeler fans like to show our appreciation for Dan's, uh, many assets, but strictly from a talent and skill standpoint, he was a great get for us and should pay dividends for many years to come.

yeah he has a great set of arms...:wink02:.. you mean you can even find a sepulveda jersey in pittsburgh??? i figured HTG would have bought them all :wink02:

Galax Steeler
12-01-2007, 05:29 AM
A rookie punter and has never had a punt blocked in the nfl.

fansince'76
12-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah, what they said. I thought he looked incredibly awesome to the max when he basically lost the Jets game for us by punting down the middle into the waiting arms of Leon Washington. Absolutely worth a 4th & 6th. Remember, Randy Moss was had for a 4th only....

More brilliant and insightful analysis from the peanut gallery. :coffee:

stillers4me
12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
A rookie punter and has never had a punt blocked in the nfl.

Truly amazing stat. :chuckle: