PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with us!?!

19ward86
11-30-2007, 02:30 PM
i know this question is what everyone has been asking themselves ever since the broncos game. i wish i could tell you but all i can do is speculate and give my opinions, if u want to give some please dont give more than 5:

1. we went from a 2 TE set to a 3 WR set, for no reason.

2. we picked up a guy named najeh

3. we are starting clark haggans over a 1st round pick

4. we are not deep at any position besides linebacker

5.we allowed john kuhn to sign with GB

besides for #5, these are pretty big reasons why our O and D arent as good as what they need to be, our D could be better when it comes to pressure and pass defense.

X-Terminator
11-30-2007, 02:36 PM
i know this question is what everyone has been asking themselves ever since the broncos game. i wish i could tell you but all i can do is speculate and give my opinions, if u want to give some please dont give more than 5:

besides for #5, these are pretty big reasons why our O and D arent as good as what they need to be, our D could be better when it comes to pressure and pass defense.

Maybe you haven't heard, but we have a top 10 offense and the #1 defense in the NFL in 3 of the 4 major categories - including pass defense. The only major category they aren't ranked #1 in - rush defense - they are ranked #2. They are also 4th in the NFL in sacks.

And you say they aren't as good as they need to be (with the obvious exception being the truly offensive line)? What the hell have we been watching this season then?

FOOTEupyourarse
11-30-2007, 02:37 PM
this is just a response to your reasons
1. its called mixing up the offense
2. did we just get him recently? thought he was producing well
3. clark haggans has been starting several years and is BETTER than right now
4. i didnt think we were deep at any postions
5. he has a couple good plays in a game and he is the answer to all of our problems?

X-Terminator
11-30-2007, 02:43 PM
this is just a response to your reasons
1. its called mixing up the offense
2. did we just get him recently? thought he was producing well
3. clark haggans has been starting several years and is BETTER than right now
4. i didnt think we were deep at any postions
5. he has a couple good plays in a game and he is the answer to all of our problems?

You know, when he mentioned John Kuhn, I shouldn't have even bothered to respond. Can someone please explain to me this fascination with this guy? What's he done? OK, so he opened up a hole last night for Ryan Grant's TD. That makes him a stud all of a sudden? Good grief! :dang:

Atlanta Dan
11-30-2007, 02:52 PM

1. Spaeth is a rookie and got hurt and then Tuman got hurt - you work with what you have, not with what you want

2. We got Najah last year and LB, TE & a punter were regarded as a bigger priority this past draft (+ OL still is) - if Kuhn was so good why did he not play in 2006?

3. Timmons was hurt all preseason & Haggans is playing better

4. Injuries are a bitch and the salary cap does not make it real easy to recreate the 70s Steelers

5. See #2 - in addition, Kuhn got picked up as a RB by a team with one of the worst running offenses in the league and threw a block last night - big whoop - who should have been cut instead?

Did you think in July this team would be 8-3 and leading the AFC North? Exactly what realistic expectations did you have for a team with a new HC going into the season.

I am not one to break out the black & gold pom-poms, but the idea of some posters that this team is a failure because it is not 11-0 and brimming with SB quality talent across the board is becoming laughable

Big D
11-30-2007, 02:56 PM
1. Spaeth is a rookie and got hurt and then Tuman got hurt - you work with what you have, not with what you want

2. We got Najah last year and LB, TE & a punter were regarded as a bigger priority this past draft (+ OL still is) - if Kuhn was so good why did he not play in 2006?

3. Timmons was hurt all preseason & Haggans is playing better

4. Injuries are a bitch and the salary cap does not make it real easy to recreate the 70s Steelers

5. See #2 - in addition, Kuhn got picked up as a RB by a team with one of the worst running offenses in the league and threw a block last night - big whoop - who should have been cut instead?

Did you think in July this team would be 8-3 and leading the AFC North? Exactly what realistic expectations did you have for a team with a new HC going into the season.

I am not one to break out the black & gold pom-poms, but the idea of some posters that this team is a failure because it is not 11-0 and brimming with SB quality talent across the board is becoming laughable

I couldn't agree more. People look at the 3 losses more then they look at the fact that we swept the browns and have already beat the bengals and ravens once. All and all things are going better then expected this year

stillers4me
11-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Last I heard, we're still in first place in the division. :hunch:

Big D
11-30-2007, 03:07 PM

unfortunetly it's not good enough for some

cubanstogie
11-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Did people actually think Najeh was going to take over FWP's job. He is talented with a lack of heart, but in recent weeks I have read posts where people want his playing time increased. They think FWP overused and not producing. 2 words Offensive Line. Najeh should be expected to do no more than spell Willie when he is spent. Contrary to somes beliefs he is not the short yardage back we lost with Jerome. I would kill to have Brandon Jacobs, but no one like that is available and in the draft next year we have other priorities #1 being the o-line.kuhn proved last night that even the blind squirrel will occasionally get the nut. One play and u guys are bitching. We had no room for a third string FB. We lost on the last second of the game on the road in Denver, and the Jets dominated our lines and we still only lost in OT. Like others stated we are 8-3 and a couple of plays away from 10-1. The glass is definitely half full.

geo123
11-30-2007, 03:36 PM

Yes we are, but we only have a one game lead. Cleveland is a better team than they ever were, and they're playing the Cards; it's a good bet they'll win, so we have to keep up. This game against Cincy is important. Not only do we need the win to insure staying in 1st, but I think we need to show we can move the ball and put some points on the board.
I'd like to see them dominate a game like they did against the Ravens.

WisconsinSteelerMan
11-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Wow oh wow oh wowsers...

I have been browsing here for quite some time recently and have resisted posting until now, but can't contain myself. Based on all of the posts around here, I think I am going to go jump of the Cass Street Bridge (major bridge in my town over the Mississippi River) because the Steelers may as well pack it in until next year.

I agree with Stillers4me and others who are still on the Steeler's train. This past Summer, everyone was saying that they would be happy with anything better than 8-8 with a new coach and coming off a crappy season. Then we get a taste of the Steelers dominating the crappy teams early on, and suddenly everyone is saying we are a sure lock for the AFC Championship game and maybe even the SuperBowl. Hey, dare we even say that we could be the team to break the win streak for the Patsies?

We have a bad game against the Jets who were gunning for us and a mediocre game on a CRAPPY field last Monday and suddenly, we are not gonna go anywhere and our coaching staff sucks and we made all kinds of bad decisions and...and...and...and....

I am a homer with the best of them and the rest of them, and I truly am happy in our efforts to transition over to the Tomlin era. We are on track to exceed all of the expectations we set last year before opening day...I am happy with that and trust that Tomlin and the front office will address our needs moving forward. The Steelers will continue to be a dominant force for years to come...

What is the worst thing that could happen?? We could be 8-8 if we lose out. That is no worse than last year! I dare say that we will win at least one more game which means improvement over last year...

OK... I will go back to lurking mode with my flame-resistant underwear on and will cheer my boys this week and next...the game is ON up here in the land of Cheese...

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Big D
11-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Yes we are, but we only have a one game lead. Cleveland is a better team than they ever were, and they're playing the Cards; it's a good bet they'll win, so we have to keep up. This game against Cincy is important. Not only do we need the win to insure staying in 1st, but I think we need to show we can move the ball and put some points on the board.

the cardinals arent as easy as an opponant as people think.

SteelerFanInCA
11-30-2007, 03:56 PM
8-3 and on top of the division... I'll take that for now.

steelermuzik
11-30-2007, 04:00 PM
"what is wrong with us!?! "

I supposed we need not read further than the post topic, because surely it's referencing those that are not pleased with 8 wins, the lead in the division, a vastly improved offense and the #1 defense and not the Steelers themselves!?! :dang: :wink02:

Haiku_Dirtt
11-30-2007, 04:05 PM

Isn't this the problem? How are we ever going to pick high in the draft if we keep winning the AFC North. :hunch:

Well? :tomato: Just a thought.

HometownGal
11-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Wow oh wow oh wowsers...

I have been browsing here for quite some time recently and have resisted posting until now, but can't contain myself. Based on all of the posts around here, I think I am going to go jump of the Cass Street Bridge (major bridge in my town over the Mississippi River) because the Steelers may as well pack it in until next year.

I agree with Stillers4me and others who are still on the Steeler's train. This past Summer, everyone was saying that they would be happy with anything better than 8-8 with a new coach and coming off a crappy season. Then we get a taste of the Steelers dominating the crappy teams early on, and suddenly everyone is saying we are a sure lock for the AFC Championship game and maybe even the SuperBowl. Hey, dare we even say that we could be the team to break the win streak for the Patsies?

We have a bad game against the Jets who were gunning for us and a mediocre game on a CRAPPY field last Monday and suddenly, we are not gonna go anywhere and our coaching staff sucks and we made all kinds of bad decisions and...and...and...and....

I am a homer with the best of them and the rest of them, and I truly am happy in our efforts to transition over to the Tomlin era. We are on track to exceed all of the expectations we set last year before opening day...I am happy with that and trust that Tomlin and the front office will address our needs moving forward. The Steelers will continue to be a dominant force for years to come...

What is the worst thing that could happen?? We could be 8-8 if we lose out. That is no worse than last year! I dare say that we will win at least one more game which means improvement over last year...

OK... I will go back to lurking mode with my flame-resistant underwear on and will cheer my boys this week and next...the game is ON up here in the land of Cheese...

Mike in La Crosse, WI

This is one of the BEST posts I've read on this board. Excellent Mike! :cheers::thumbsup:

Actually, geo - we have a 2 game lead, as we hold the tiebreaker with the Browns having beaten them twice.

I believe the Cards have a darned good shot at beating the Browns - they are playing at home and have quite a potent offense if the OL shows up (their Achilles heel, just like the Steelers), Edge can find the holes and Kurt has a good day - he has one of the best WR tandems in the NFL in Fitz and Boldin. GO Cards!

While I love to see the Steelers open up their can of whoop a$$ on an opponent, I'll take a win and an injury-free game, especially against a division rival. The Bungles are going to bring their "A" game to play spoiler - the Steelers needs to bring their A+ game and not turn the ball over.

stillers4me
11-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Isn't this the problem? How are we ever going to pick high in the draft if we keep winning the AFC North. :hunch:

Well? :tomato: Just a thought.

Yeah.....and think of the crappy schedule we're going to get next year. :dang:

HometownGal
11-30-2007, 04:13 PM
P.S.

Question: What is wrong with us?

Answer: If there is no obvious scapegoat, blame it on Arians. :flap::wink02:

WisconsinSteelerMan
11-30-2007, 04:18 PM
:hug:This is one of the BEST posts I've read on this board. Excellent Mike! :cheers::thumbsup:

Thanks HTG...coming from you, that is a great compliment. :hug:

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Atlanta Dan
11-30-2007, 04:28 PM
P.S.

Answer: If there is no obvious scapegoat, blame it on Arians. :flap::wink02:

I have been and continue to be glad to do so:cheers::thumbsup:

HometownGal
11-30-2007, 08:31 PM
I have been and continue to be glad to do so:cheers::thumbsup:

Gee, Dan - who woulda known? :hunch::wink02::flap:

revefsreleets
11-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Kinda surprising, given the preponderance of evidence against the "Arians Conspiracy".

Eh, what the Hell do I know anyway? Let them eat cake! Fire Arians!

HometownGal
11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Eh, what the Hell do I know anyway? Let them eat cake! Fire Arians!

Hell yeah! Fire Tomlin, bench Ben, trade Troy and see if we can make a deal with the Pack to send Parker to them in exchange for Kuhn. :whistle:

Borski
11-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Hell yeah! Fire Tomlin, bench Ben, trade Troy and see if we can make a deal with the Pack to send Parker to them in exchange for Kuhn. :whistle:

Parker for Kuhn??? the Pack will never take that, Kuhn is HOF caliber!!

ShutDown24
11-30-2007, 10:30 PM
The best defense in the league and you're complaining? Lol...

GBMelBlount
11-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Good Post WSM.

Edman
11-30-2007, 10:33 PM
This Steeler team is an O-Line away from dominance.

Those losses are frustrating, but go relive last year if you think this season is such a failure.

Steeldude
12-01-2007, 06:37 AM

2. davenport is doing fine in his backup role.

3. woodley is hurt. do you really want to start him? how is he better than haggans at the moment?

4. i think we are deep in the QB, WR, S and RB spots

5. i don't think kuhn was going to help the steelers.

Atlanta Dan
12-01-2007, 07:36 AM
With regard to Arians, I admit I have mellowed since his quotes do not appear in the paper as often explaining why he did something the previous game and what he is planning to do for the next game.

That may be because I have not been reading the stories as carefully or (my theory) Tomlin told Arians the HC is the voice of the coaching staff and Arians should have a cup of STFU.

As rev has pointed out, Arians has forgotten more about football than most of us (certainly me) will ever know - I candidly admit something about the guy just grates on me, which is the first time I can recall having that reaction to a Steelers coach.

19ward86
12-01-2007, 11:21 AM
WOW, u guys really all believe that clark haggans is playing that well right now. lets see, he is on pace for about only 50 tackles and 2-3 sacks. our offense is ranked #12 right now and that is only because we started great. our last few games have been around 250-300yds per game which is way below average. mixing up our offense, well it is mixed alright, mixed up so much that it doesnt work. parker was nearly averaging 5 yds a carry now averaging 3.9, which is a huge difference if u dont know. parker only has 2 TD's this year and has had around 150 yds total in the last 2 games. im not sure how u all are being so ignorant. najeh davenport is horrible, i know he came last season but what has he done for me lately is what i am asking. he opened the year with 2 big runs and hasnt had a big play since besides for 1 screen pass during the browns game.timmons or woodley could easily be starting right now. our TE's are healthy so why dont we go back to that formation now...what is your response now, i truly want to hear it.

Atlanta Dan
12-01-2007, 01:59 PM
WOW, u guys really all believe that clark haggans is playing that well right now. lets see, he is on pace for about only 50 tackles and 2-3 sacks. our offense is ranked #12 right now and that is only because we started great. our last few games have been around 250-300yds per game which is way below average. mixing up our offense, well it is mixed alright, mixed up so much that it doesnt work. parker was nearly averaging 5 yds a carry now averaging 3.9, which is a huge difference if u dont know. parker only has 2 TD's this year and has had around 150 yds total in the last 2 games. im not sure how u all are being so ignorant. najeh davenport is horrible, i know he came last season but what has he done for me lately is what i am asking. he opened the year with 2 big runs and hasnt had a big play since besides for 1 screen pass during the browns game.timmons or woodley could easily be starting right now. our TE's are healthy so why dont we go back to that formation now...what is your response now, i truly want to hear it.

Thanks for calling anyone who disagrees with you ignorant - I always find that to be a great way to make a point:smile:

Big D
12-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I supported mike tomlin to be our next head coach since october 06. I was thrilled when we hired him. I was disapointed in the decision of promoting arians. I wanted whipple. But overall this offense has been great this year

HometownGal
12-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I supported mike tomlin to be our next head coach since october 06. I was thrilled when we hired him. I was disapointed in the decision of promoting arians. I wanted whipple. But overall this offense has been great this year

I have no problem with Arians in his first season as OC, as I think Ben is flourishing in Arians' offense, which is a good thing. Now if we can just get the OL problems straightened out, I believe Ben will flourish even more. He won't be running for his life back there and have a little more time to make his reads.

Big D
12-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I have no problem with Arians in his first season as OC, as I think Ben is flourishing in Arians' offense, which is a good thing. Now if we can just get the OL problems straightened out, I believe Ben will flourish even more. He won't be running for his life back there and have a little more time to make his reads.

I wouldnt be surprised if we replaced four out of five of our offensive lineman this offseason. I would love to see jake long slip in the draft and for us to pick him up

revefsreleets
12-01-2007, 05:52 PM

Hard to argue with "logic" like this.

First off, is every linebacker supposed to make 150 tackles and 12 sacks? Rosevelt Colvin was only due to make about 40 tackles this year. Guess the Pats won't be missing him much, eh?

#12 on O and #1 on defense are good enough stats to win championships probably 50% of the time. We were 4th on D and 14th offensively in 2005 when we won the Super Bowl. UNACCEPTABLE! Last years Colts need to turn in their Lombardi's. They were only 3rd offensively and 21st defensively.

Parker is still the second leading rusher in the league. Najeh averages 5.0 per carry. Should we bench Willie for a player who "is horrible"?

Our TE's are healthy? Tuman is out. Spaeth is gimpy. We just signed John Dekker to play TE. Starks was playing TE a week ago. We are not healthy at TE.

Finally, Timmons and Woodley are rookies. It usually takes at least a couple years to pick up the Steelers 3-4. Admittedly, these guys are playing well, but I would MUCH rather have the experience out there right now. And, not to split hairs or anything, but we ARE #1 on defense.

X-Terminator
12-01-2007, 10:39 PM

We're all being ignorant (in your mind) because it's clear that you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

So what if the offense is ranked #12? It's a friggin miracle that they're ranked that high given the absolute mess the OL has been this season. Oh BTW, despite that ranking, they are 7th in the NFL in scoring, which of course is the only real stat that matters when it comes to the offense. And as for Willie and Najeh, it's a little difficult to put up huge numbers when the OL isn't doing their job. Yet despite their inconsistent play, the Steelers have still managed to post the #2 rushing offense in the NFL behind only Minnesota. Parker himself already has 1006 yards and is the NFL's #2 rusher. That speaks volumes about the talent that Willie and Najeh have that they have been able to put up some numbers behind a bad line. Imagine what they would have done by now if they had even an average OL?

As has been stated, our TEs are NOT all healthy, so I will not rehash that.

Clark Haggans may not be putting up the numbers that you like, but having him on the other side drawing the opposing offense's attention has allowed James Harrison to have a big season. So you see, sometimes a player's worth goes beyond statistics. You'd be well-served to keep that in mind while you're watching the game. I might also add that Haggans has 41 tackles and 4 sacks, so that right there blows your entire uneducated argument and "stats" out of the water.

Next time you want to post something, try to do your homework and have some idea of what you're talking about rather than spout nonsense.

Boomerang
12-02-2007, 03:42 AM
Yep if the O line raised their game by even 20% Willie and Co would have ripped many of our opponents to bits .

Elvis
12-02-2007, 08:29 AM
:tt02:
The only question that I have about our season so far being 8-3 is.. does our schedule say that we should be 8-3 or really 11-0? We lost to 3 teams this year so far that we Should Have Won Right?
I am very proud of the way that Big Ben has came back after last seasons' debacle and he is having a career year so far. Willie Parker has run well when given room to run. It just seems like sometimes he isnt patient enough and runs with his head down. He just doesnt the holes sometimes... it seems like he looks down too much. Santonio Holmes is having a great 2nd year as well, even though he has missed last weeks' game and I think that he is today as well. LB Harrison has had an awesome year so far, but Haggans is playing like he doesnt care if he comes back next year or not.

GBMelBlount
12-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Now if we can just get the OL problems straightened out, I believe Ben will flourish even more. He won't be running for his life back there and have a little more time to make his reads.

#12 on O and #1 on defense are good enough stats to win championships

So what if the offense is ranked #12? It's a friggin miracle that they're ranked that high given the absolute mess the OL has been this season. Oh BTW, despite that ranking, they are 7th in the NFL in scoring, which of course is the only real stat that matters when it comes to the offense. And as for Willie and Najeh, it's a little difficult to put up huge numbers when the OL isn't doing their job. Yet despite their inconsistent play, the Steelers have still managed to post the #2 rushing offense in the NFL behind only Minnesota. Parker himself already has 1006 yards and is the NFL's #2 rusher. That speaks volumes about the talent that Willie and Najeh have that they have been able to put up some numbers behind a bad line. Imagine what they would have done by now if they had even an average OL?

I'd like to see what Brady's stats would be if he had the sacks & pressures that Ben has had to deal with this year.

steelermuzik
12-02-2007, 09:34 AM
"WOW, u guys really all believe that clark haggans is playing that well right now. lets see, he is on pace for about only 50 tackles and 2-3 sacks. our offense is ranked #12 right now and that is only because we started great. our last few games have been around 250-300yds per game which is way below average. mixing up our offense, well it is mixed alright, mixed up so much that it doesnt work. parker was nearly averaging 5 yds a carry now averaging 3.9, which is a huge difference if u dont know. parker only has 2 TD's this year and has had around 150 yds total in the last 2 games. im not sure how u all are being so ignorant. najeh davenport is horrible, i know he came last season but what has he done for me lately is what i am asking. he opened the year with 2 big runs and hasnt had a big play since besides for 1 screen pass during the browns game.timmons or woodley could easily be starting right now. our TE's are healthy so why dont we go back to that formation now...what is your response now, i truly want to hear it."

I posted my theory in another thread the other day, but might the decline in offensive success possibly be linked to four consecutive games played in rain and slush? Certainly explains one of the reasons the defense is having so much success, I think. It just means the team will be battle tested and ready to compete with the patsies next week, of course after putting a whoopin' on the bungles tonight! Just my .02...

ExtonSteelFan
12-02-2007, 09:44 AM
I've got a question for anyone that has gone back and studied some of our games. Do you guys think that people are blaming the O-line for most of the sacks just because that's the most obvious thing to blame? I know I've seen alot of O-line protection break downs, but I think a case can be made (for some of the sacks at least) to be because 1. the receivers aren't getting open, and 2. because Ben holds on to the ball too long trying to look for the big play. I don't know about you guys, but instead of taking a sack for a loss of 7 yards on 2nd down, I'd much rather have Ben throw the ball away to at least put us in a 3rd and manageable situation. On the other hand I know taking a sack is the only option when you have when 3 defenders coming at you from every angle. I don't know, but I bet this team could cut down on the sacks by either fixing the communication probs on the line OR getting the receivers to get open more often, OR the ball gets out of Ben's hands quickly on most plays. When I watch the Patriots play I believe more than anything the reason why they don't have so many sacks is because Brady has a pretty sick quick release, and he also has receivers that make most DB's look silly. There really isn't much time for a blitz to get there because even if you have a decent o-line they'll still give him enough time to get the ball out. Problems happen when you get excellent coverage on his receivers (like the eagles did) and blitz from different angles.

I don't know, just some food for thought I guess. Overall though, the offense has played very nicely this year. I give alot of credit to our receivers and Ben. I think most of us just want to see them sustain it. I understand a bad game here and there, but now it's time to turn it up a notch and make a run for that 2nd seed in the playoff's. This is the time of year when you start to separate the contenders from the pretenders.

Preacher
12-02-2007, 10:23 AM
What is wrong with us? We're spoiled....

Oh, you're not talking about the fan base. Sorry.

Borski
12-02-2007, 10:49 AM
What is wrong with us? We're spoiled....

Oh, you're not talking about the fan base. Sorry.

true dat! :tt02:

SteelDogFan
12-02-2007, 06:25 PM
WHAT
8-3
Two game lead in division
Third seed in AFC
ENOUGH SAID

19ward86
12-02-2007, 09:01 PM
i made some pretty bandwagonish type of assumptions about the steelers earlier this week and i apologize for that. i was thinking of how are we going to beat the pats and the bengals if our offense cant do anything against the jets or dolphins. those comments were dumb. we are #1 in defense and #12 in offense, we have the talent and we werent showing it which made me made, im not a patient person so those things got the best of me. go steelers and whoop them bungals!

BlastFurnace
12-02-2007, 10:54 PM
i made some pretty bandwagonish type of assumptions about the steelers earlier this week and i apologize for that. i was thinking of how are we going to beat the pats and the bengals if our offense cant do anything against the jets or dolphins. those comments were dumb. we are #1 in defense and #12 in offense, we have the talent and we werent showing it which made me made, im not a patient person so those things got the best of me. go steelers and whoop them bungals!

No worries man. We know your a fan just like the rest of us. I let frustrations get the best of me as well after a tough loss or close game.

Hang in there.

fansince'76
12-02-2007, 10:57 PM

It's all good - it's hard to not get frustrated sometimes, especially when the team doesn't play up to its potential. :cheers:

X-Terminator
12-02-2007, 10:57 PM

You are a stand-up guy. It's all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. :cheers:

Atlanta Dan
12-02-2007, 11:00 PM
:cheers:

we post because we care:thumbsup:

HometownGal
12-02-2007, 11:24 PM

It's OK, 19. It is very easy to get caught up in the moment, though if you ever do it again, I'm gonna :pin: :wink02::wink02:

Never doubt the magic of the black & gold! :tt02:

revefsreleets
12-03-2007, 08:39 AM
And I didn't lash out at you in particular, just the negative tone in general.

19ward86
12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
i understand, i go to school with bengals and NOW browns fans. when i go to school after a loss to the jets, broncs, or cardinals i have to spend the whole week trying to defend us and it gets annoying. all i have been saying now is 9-3. i have grown up around the steelers and im glad i dont have to stoop myself to liking a team that is all of a sudden one of the best, record wise. like the brownies.