PDA

View Full Version : So things aren't perfect

Big D
11-30-2007, 03:52 PM
I dont understand all the doom and gloom. Yes we lost to the cardinals, who by the way have two of our coaches and knew are weakness. That does make a difference. If you dont believe me watch the bucs raiders superbowl. And we lost to the jets and broncos. If you want our team to be perfect maybe we should turn our qb into a homo pump hgh into our team and tell our coaching staff to start cheating.
Going into this season I predicted an 8-8 team with all the changes. Things have gone really well... So quit your bitchin...

steelermuzik
11-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree. Noone expected the Steelers to do that well this year. I figured 10-6 and a wild card so am quite please with where the team is right now. I guess it's just hard to accept anything less than what we know their capable of. I'm hoping they play a little more urgent from this weekend to the end, as they did in '05 and '06. I have no doubt that if this team brought their A game every week, they could go far (hopefully to the superbowl). The problem is we don't see the A game consistently. Here's to hoping it starts Sunday as we whoop up on the Bengals! :cheers:

dragtruk
11-30-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm totally happy with the way this season is turning out. Oh, and F uck the Patriots.

CB1977
11-30-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm totally happy with the way this season is turning out. Oh, and F uck the Patriots.

LOL...I like the way you think.:cheers:

GO BROWNS too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
11-30-2007, 09:13 PM
LOL...I like the way you think.:cheers:

GO BROWNS too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol :iagree: (but not with the "go browns" part)

it must be strange for brownfans to witness steelerfans bitching about their 8-3 record, huh? *addressed to "in general" and not Big D's post*

proof that one mans trash is another mans treasure.

stillers4me
11-30-2007, 09:31 PM
If we were perfect........what would Steelers fans have to bitch, whine and moan about??

I bet we'd find something.........

HometownGal
11-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I dont understand all the doom and gloom. Yes we lost to the cardinals, who by the way have two of our coaches and knew are weakness. That does make a difference. If you dont believe me watch the bucs raiders superbowl. And we lost to the jets and broncos. If you want our team to be perfect maybe we should turn our qb into a homo pump hgh into our team and tell our coaching staff to start cheating.
Going into this season I predicted an 8-8 team with all the changes. Things have gone really well... So quit your bitchin...

If they weren't bitchin' and moanin', they'd be kicking their dog or using their heads as battering rams :banging:, so B & M'ing saves Fido's hiney and the wall.

I predicted the Steelers to go 11-5 or 10-6 and get in as a WC with the Ratfinks winning the division. I'm damned happy that I was wrong. :thumbsup:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-30-2007, 10:09 PM
This is why exactly posting on message boards is lame anymore...If you question anything then you're not a fan or happy with the teams current record...lol I had the Steelers at 10 wins before the season also....So far its looking they're going to surpass that and thats awesome....But at the same time as this season has played this team easily could be 11-0 right now more likely 9-2......I didn't expect them to beat the Cards...I knew Whiz was going to have his team hyped and that was their Super Bowl.....Denver is always a tough place to play....But at the same time if wasn't for that terrible first half by the Steelers then they would have won that game no problem....The Jets game just sucked....but that happens....

I'm far from giving up on this team or even disappointed in them....But at the same time a few of those loses really stings right now.......especially with upcoming games vs the Pats and Jags.......Now I do think the Steelers can hang with both teams when they play up to their potential no problem....We have a QB that can take us to another level....Its up to our OC to put him in the best situations to succeed......

But I'm quickly learning that if you question anything then your less of a fan......lol Some of you need to get a grip....Point of message board is for people to stat their opinion good or bad...lol

Edman
11-30-2007, 11:30 PM
No, things have definately not been perfect. Those losses sting. But we have seen what this Steeler team is capable of when they're 'on'. The Steelers need to find their 'on' switch.

Even if the Steelers don't reach the Super Bowl and get ousted in the playoffs, This season is a success considering the circumstances. This team was supposed to go nowhere this year. "Ben was exposed", "Cowher is gone", "Unproven rookie HC", etc...

I've been pretty critical lately, but in general, I'm still fond of the season. It's not over yet.

tony hipchest
11-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Its up to our OC to put him in the best situations to succeed......

But I'm quickly learning that if you question anything then your less of a fan......lol Some of you need to get a grip....Point of message board is for people to stat their opinion good or bad...lol or its up to our #1 defense to be able to stop m. leinart, jay cutler, kelly clemens, or john beck in the final minutes of a game.

i dont think its arians fault that the steelers defense allowed 4 scrub qb's (who collectively, barely have 16 starts between them) to look like elway and brady. but then again, if the steelers lost their 2nd go around with the browns (because of 2 cribbs returns) im sure arians would be taking all the heat, too.

i dont think anybody is really calling anybody else less of a fan just because they dont buy into arians being the scapegoat for everything.

but then again, if ben could be the scapegoat for everything that went wrong last year, i guess arians is fair game too.

Big D
12-01-2007, 09:15 AM
This is why exactly posting on message boards is lame anymore...If you question anything then you're not a fan or happy with the teams current record...lol I had the Steelers at 10 wins before the season also....So far its looking they're going to surpass that and thats awesome....But at the same time as this season has played this team easily could be 11-0 right now more likely 9-2......I didn't expect them to beat the Cards...I knew Whiz was going to have his team hyped and that was their Super Bowl.....Denver is always a tough place to play....But at the same time if wasn't for that terrible first half by the Steelers then they would have won that game no problem....The Jets game just sucked....but that happens....

I'm far from giving up on this team or even disappointed in them....But at the same time a few of those loses really stings right now.......especially with upcoming games vs the Pats and Jags.......Now I do think the Steelers can hang with both teams when they play up to their potential no problem....We have a QB that can take us to another level....Its up to our OC to put him in the best situations to succeed......

But I'm quickly learning that if you question anything then your less of a fan......lol Some of you need to get a grip....Point of message board is for people to stat their opinion good or bad...lol

i'm not saying that the fans here arent real fans for all the doom and gloom. I'm just saying things could be alot worse

HometownGal
12-01-2007, 09:25 AM
We have a QB that can take us to another level....Its up to our OC to put him in the best situations to succeed......

True, but it is also up to our D and Lebeau to keep the Pats and Jags contained, out of the red zone and off the scoreboard. Doesn't do much good if our O scores 30 points and they score 31.

I don't have a problem with anyone critiquing the team constructively. What I have a problem with is after a win, the ghouls seem to come out of the woodwork to find something to bitch about. After a loss, those who rarely ever come around here suddenly show up to bash the team - they are MIA after a win. I love reading varying opinions (even if they disagree with my own) - though I've been a football fan for over 4 decades, I learn something new reading some of the awesome posts here at SF. :thumbsup: I think what grates my ass most of all, though, is the Monday morning QB's who are so quck to point fingers but offer no ideas or solutions on how they might "fix" the problems.

Big D
12-01-2007, 09:33 AM
True, but it is also up to our D and Lebeau to keep the Pats and Jags contained, out of the red zone and off the scoreboard. Doesn't do much good if our O scores 30 points and they score 31.

I don't have a problem with anyone critiquing the team constructively. What I have a problem with is after a win, the ghouls seem to come out of the woodwork to find something to bitch about. After a loss, those who rarely ever come around here suddenly show up to bash the team - they are MIA after a win. I love reading varying opinions (even if they disagree with my own) - though I've been a football fan for over 4 decades, I learn something new reading some of the awesome posts here at SF. :thumbsup: I think what grates my ass most of all, though, is the Monday morning QB's who are so quck to point fingers but offer no ideas or solutions on how they might "fix" the problems.

I think alot of the problem is fans think this team would be better off if we paid the piper and gave cowher the 8 plus million a year.

HometownGal
12-01-2007, 10:08 AM
I think alot of the problem is fans think this team would be better off if we paid the piper and gave cowher the 8 plus million a year.

Nahhhh. Then we'd be hearing about how "unemotional" he is on the sidelines, how he doesn't care about the team, sold them down the river, yada, yada, yada. :blah::blah: The bottom line is - some people will look for something to B & M about even if there isn't anything there. I was married to one of those. :horror:

CB1977
12-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Nahhhh. Then we'd be hearing about how "unemotional" he is on the sidelines, how he doesn't care about the team, sold them down the river, yada, yada, yada. :blah::blah: The bottom line is - some people will look for something to B & M about even if there isn't anything there. I was married to one of those. :horror:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one HTG.:thumbsup:

(so was I)