PDA

View Full Version : 3 expected to miss Sunday

83-Steelers-43
11-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Do not like this news at all....

3 Steelers starters expected to miss Bengals game
Friday, November 30, 2007
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers are expected to be without three starters for the second game in a row when they play the Cincinnati Bengals at Heinz Field Sunday night.

Tyrone Carter is expected to start his second game in a row at strong safety for injured Troy Polamalu (knee), even though Polamalu did some light work in practice for the first time this week.

Polamalu, though, did not work with the first team and was limited to merely trotting around the field. He is not expected to play along with wide receiver Santonio Holmes (ankle sprain) and left tackle Marvel Smith (back).

Holmes and Smith have not practiced all week.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07334/838104-66.stm

Atlanta Dan
11-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Great:dang:

Big D
11-30-2007, 04:01 PM
these are three huge injuries for us. You have to wonder if tomlin is being cautious with these injuries in preperation of the patriot game

GeneralRobinson
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
A high ankle sprain is a multiple week injury so no surprise about Santonio.

stillers4me
11-30-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm hoping for a repeat of the Seahawks game. I ain't afraid of no Bungles........they had a good game and the and their fans are strutting around pretty c*o*c*k*y this week. And you know what happens when they get overconfident.......

We'll need everybody in tip top shape for the final stretch..........here we go,Steelers!

83-Steelers-43
11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Great:dang:

Yeah, these injuries were much easier to swollow while going up against the Dolphins. This game is just a tad bit different. Particulary with Polamalu being out.

SteelerFanInCA
11-30-2007, 04:38 PM
You guys do realize our defense has pitched a shutout in both the games Troy has missed this year. He missed against the Seahags , 21-0 and last week against the phins 3-0. We have good depth. We are going to be OK.

83-Steelers-43
11-30-2007, 04:39 PM
We are going to be OK.

And I hope that's the case.

stillers4me
11-30-2007, 04:41 PM
There is some cause for concern.......as much as I despise the Bungles, Palmer and his 3 sidekick receivers are not to be taken lightly......

Too bad for them, neither is our defense.

SteelerFanInCA
11-30-2007, 04:42 PM
My bigger concern would be on the O side with Holmes missing. If the field is as bad as it was Monday night, I don't think we will miss him as much.

HometownGal
11-30-2007, 05:11 PM
You guys do realize our defense has pitched a shutout in both the games Troy has missed this year. He missed against the Seahags , 21-0 and last week against the phins 3-0. We have good depth. We are going to be OK.

Good post. :thumbsup: I'd prefer to have Troy out there on Sunday night, but Tyrone Carter has played admirably in his stead. We can't allow the long ball and you know Cartoon is going to try to take advantage of Troy's absence with his Three Stooges.

I agree - we're going to be fine. The Bungles somehow always find a way to bungle up a game and I don't believe this week, they are going to fare any differently. :tt02:

klick81
11-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Agreed....i'm more worried about our offensive injuries. Dammit.

The Duke
11-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Agreed....i'm more worried about our offensive injuries. Dammit.

against the bungles D? I have no worries about that. I'm not saying they should underestimate them, but as long the D doesn't let Palmer and crew turn the game into a shootout I think our offense will be alright punishing those weak defenders with willie and dookie.

and who knows, maybe they'll show Willie Reid has some deep threat possibilities

msafford
11-30-2007, 11:46 PM

:iagree:

Relax, people.

Galax Steeler
12-01-2007, 05:08 AM
Agreed these players will be missed in this game but we can still whip some bengal ass.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-01-2007, 07:03 AM
I predict a linebacker INT...and a forced fumble/recovery. In the secondary at some point in the game, Smith will have TJ or Chris Henry curled up in a fetal position... again.

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

83-Steelers-43
12-01-2007, 10:42 AM
against the bungles D? I have no worries about that.

:iagree:

More worried about our defense stopping them than I am about our offense being stopped. I'll relax when the game is over.

IronFist36
12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Who is starting for Holmes>

revefsreleets
12-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Who is starting for Holmes>

Good question.

Starks looked surprisingly good last week, and Carter is solid. I think Santo is the biggest loss if the field is playable.

OX1947
12-01-2007, 06:43 PM
A lot of us have been dogging Troy's play this year. I knew from the first game of the year Troy hasn't been healthy. There is no reason for him to play bad. I think the way Troy plays isn't going to give him a long career, but I hope a long enough one to have a productive one.

lilyoder6
12-01-2007, 06:50 PM
nate washington will probably get the start again for holmes... and pretty suprised to see that wr screen to reid for a 1st down... :)

iloveben7
12-01-2007, 07:15 PM
we were missing both Santonio and Troy when we played for the Seahawks and we played just fine. I know Cedrick, Nate and Tyrone will step up, so let's hope for the same outcome as the Seahawks game-a shut out!!

TackleMeBen
12-01-2007, 07:18 PM
right now i am just hoping for a win. i was watching afc playbook on the nfl channel and both sterling and brian picked the bengals to win saying this was a trap game for the steelers.

revefsreleets
12-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Sure, the Steelers could lose, but how is this game a trap? The Steelers are dinged up, and they just played 2 of the worst teams in the NFL and lost to one and barely beat the other. And we are playing a hated division rivalry. I'd say the Steelers are focused and sharp right now, and they certainly aren't looking over the Bungals shoulders to the game next week.

jjpro11
12-01-2007, 08:29 PM
divisional games usually arent trap games... especially on sunday night at home.