PDA

View Full Version : A moral dilemma

moedap
12-01-2007, 11:14 PM
I am a superstitious sort when it comes to the Steelers.

I hosted dinner this Thanksgiving and one of my guests was from Pittsburgh. She brought down a little teddy bear that has on a Hines Ward jersey. I wish I could say she brought the bear for me but she had no idea I was a Steelers fan. It was giving to a friend of the familys' 1 year old daughter. She really took a liking to this bear because she walked around with it the whole time. I held my jealously in check and enjoyed her enjoying a Steelers teddy bear. Anyway Thanksgivings gone and its Monday night time for some Steelers football. The game isnt going the way I think it should go and Im getting pissed. I say to my wife, "If they lose this game its because I am watching the game upstairs instead of downstairs." 4th quarter Dolphins have the ball in scoring territory my wife pulls out the bear and says maybe this will bring them luck. We get a stop. We win. Was it the bear? My superstitious soul says yeah.

The little girls mother has not called about the bear so I decided to keep it. My wife(who said she found the bear downstairs and thought it was mine) wants to return it to the little girl.

What would you do?

fansince'76
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM
I would return the bear, personally.

SuperMan313
12-01-2007, 11:45 PM
It's good luck, keep it. :tt02:

In all seriousness, I'd return it to the girl, it probaly means more to her then to you.

Preacher
12-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Return it...

Then tell your wife how much it meant to you, and have her buy you one for Christmas!

Rhee Rhee
12-02-2007, 03:41 AM
psh keep it... you can have a replica but it won't have the same supersticious value...

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-02-2007, 11:46 AM
The Jets???? Didn't we lose to the Jets?

nojobny
12-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Keep the one she left, buy a new one to send the kid.

nojobny
12-02-2007, 11:48 AM

yep

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-02-2007, 12:31 PM

Yeah.... Burn the Bear!:sofunny::sofunny: