PDA

View Full Version : 'Who Dey' just went away

ohiosteelerfan20
12-02-2007, 06:07 AM
I moved to Ohio from SoCal in Sept. of 05. In 05 and 06, I was exposed to something I had never encountered in Cal. That would be, the silly ass Who Dey chants. When I first heard the song, I was sure it was someone making fun of the Bungles. Then I found out it was actually some sort of battle cry:sofunny:. Anyway, a funny thing has happened this year. Who Dey just went away:wave: Bungles fans now only want to talk Buckeyes football now. And now I have encountered something new. Browns fan coming out of the wood work. I had never met a Browns fan in Ohio until just 4 or 5 weeks ago. Never saw a jersey. Maybe one or two hats. But now they are all over the place. My question is to my fellow Ohio Steeler fans. Has it always been like this( fair wheather fans in Ohio)?

stillers4me
12-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Welcome to the Buckeye State!!! :sofunny:

Bungle fans are tired of having their stupid question answered by "everybody"! College sports are huge in Cinci because the Bungles have sucked for so long. And Browns fans are............well Browns fans. They are fiercely loyal but tend to hide in the closet until they start winning. Most bungles fans have a spare Colts or Patriots jersey waiting in the wings. :toofunny:

The one constant in Ohio still remains us Steelers fans. The ring thing or a We Dey will stop a Bungles or Browns fan every time time. :chuckle:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-02-2007, 04:27 PM
The Browns fans in my part of the state are fairly consist. If they're anything they're pretty loyal. Now the few Bengals fans iin the area reall like to jump around. Haven't heard much Bengal smack this year.

SteelCityMan786
12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
The Browns fans in my part of the state are fairly consist. If they're anything they're pretty loyal. Now the few Bengals fans iin the area reall like to jump around. Haven't heard much Bengal smack this year.

They'll only come out if they win.

silver & black
12-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm obviously not a Steelers fan... and I despise the Browns. I live in the heart of Browns country ... 50 miles south of Cleveland, and somewhat in Bengals country...150 miles or so from Cinci. I can tell you that the Browns fans I know are very loyal... they are just so tired of losing that they just don't get too excited anymore.

This year has been good for them... understandably so. I just roll with their entusiasm, because if ever a franchise deserved some good karma, its the Browns.

The bengals don't have anywhere close to the amount of fans the Browns have... or the Steelers for that matter, where I live. It has always seemed strange to me that the Bengals have so few fans... even in their own state.

Anyway, I give all the Browns fans a pass this year... and just let them crow a little... they've waited a long time for this.

Big D
12-02-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm obviously not a Steelers fan... and I despise the Browns. I live in the heart of Browns country ... 50 miles south of Cleveland, and somewhat in Bengals country...100miles or so north of Cinci. I can tell you that the Browns fans I know are very loyal... they are just so tired of losing that they just don't get too excited anymore.

This year has been good for them... understandably so. I just roll with their entusiasm because if ever a franchise deserved some good karma, its the Browns.

The bengals don't have anywhere close to the amount of fans the Browns have... or the Steelers for that matter, where I live. It has always seemed strange to me that the Bengals have so few fans... even in their own state.

Anyway, I give all the Browns fans a pass this year... and just let them crow a little... they've waited a long time for this.

i gotta agree with you. I think that's why I have a bigger tolerance for the browns over the bengals. Browns fans are not bandwagon hoppers and love their team just as we love our steelers. By the way s&b congrats on your two game winning streak

silver & black
12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
i gotta agree with you. I think that's why I have a bigger tolerance for the browns over the bengals. Browns fans are not bandwagon hoppers and love their team just as we love our steelers. By the way s&b congrats on your two game winning streak

Hey, thanks. It feels great to get back to back wins in our division. I almost forgot what winning feels like. The past 4.5 years have been reall hard on an old Raider dog like me... I'm not used to losing like that! Hopefully we have turned the corner and are on our way back... time will tell.:thumbsup:

stillers4me
12-02-2007, 11:27 PM
All the Bengals fans left the bar tonight when we were up 10-7.

Borski
12-02-2007, 11:30 PM
All the Bengals fans left the bar tonight when we were up 10-7.

that just shows how pathetic their fan base is:toofunny:

fansince'76
12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
http://mikebrownsucks.com/images/fraidycat_header_01.gif

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

steelermuzik
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
"All the Bengals fans left the bar tonight when we were up 10-7."

I think all the Bengals players left the stadium once we were up 10-7. :sofunny:

TroysBadDawg
12-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Isn't that typical Bengal fans, The Browns fans still are there till the end unfortunately. We expect the worse and usually get it since the return, not sure what is happening this year, so we are excited about it.

Can't blame us for that, but we stick with our team, even when we didn't have it, I still flew my Browns flag. No other team will do. No Steelers not Colts, not any other team, and the Bengals are not a team they are a joke.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I think part of the reason that the Browns have more fans in the state than the Bengals have to do with the following reasons:

1. The Browns existed well before the Bengals. The Browns were founded in 1946 as a member of the AAFC. The Bengals were founded in 1968 as a member of the AFL.

2. The Browns have a history of winning with 4 AAFC Championships and 4 NFL Championships (before the Super Bowl). They have 11 conference championships and 13 division championships between the NFL and AAFC.

The Bengals on the other hand have 0 leage championships, 2 conference championships, and 6 division championships.

I have found through living in Ohio my entire life that Browns fans are extremely loyal. I live in the heart of Browns country, Northeast Ohio. Every Sunday and almost every day, even when football season is over and basketball and/or baseball is in full swing, most people are wearing Browns stuff.

Every once-in-a-while Bengals gear pops up, but not often. And normally I answer the "Who Dey" with "We Dey" and they hide.

schoondog
12-03-2007, 06:04 PM
http://700wlw.com/pages/streaming.html

its a bengals talk show, some funny stuff so far. they think they should hire donahoe as the GM and are dissing collinsworth for waving the terrible towel and the whole bar thing. Also the hosts are in love with ward.

warddj86
12-03-2007, 08:05 PM
my friends loved the bengals last year and now are browns lovers, its whatever team is doing better to ohio nfl football fans

warddj86
12-03-2007, 08:07 PM
during the scruffy-duffy bar clips @ halftime, my aunt showed up on the clip, she's right behind jerome bettis, over his left shoulder

SteelerFanInCA
12-04-2007, 11:08 AM
http://700wlw.com/pages/streaming.html

its a bengals talk show, some funny stuff so far. they think they should hire donahoe as the GM and are dissing collinsworth for waving the terrible towel and the whole bar thing. Also the hosts are in love with ward.

That was awesome seeing Jerome give Collinsworthless that priceless gift.

CB1977
12-04-2007, 12:13 PM
my friends loved the bengals last year and now are browns lovers, its whatever team is doing better to ohio nfl football fans

I have to disagree a little with you. Most Browns fans are as loyal as they come, even if we are having a horrible season (which has been the case since 1999). The fair-weather fans only come out when their team is doing well, but the majority are diehards.

I can't tell you how many Browns shirts, jackets, hats, etc... I saw on Sunday prior to our loss in Arizona. I have a Browns jacket that I wear faithfully, year after year and get pretty teased about it whenever I wear it. I'm sure that most of those that I saw on Sunday are probably packed away in moth balls for next season, or until we win again.

GBMelBlount
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I have to disagree a little with you. Most Browns fans are as loyal as they come, even if we are having a horrible season (which has been the case since 1999). The fair-weather fans only come out when their team is doing well, but the majority are diehards.

I can't tell you how many Browns shirts, jackets, hats, etc... I saw on Sunday prior to our loss in Arizona. I have a Browns jacket that I wear faithfully, year after year and get pretty teased about it whenever I wear it. I'm sure that most of those that I saw on Sunday are probably packed away in moth balls for next season, or until we win again.

I agree, my friends from OH are fiercely loyal browns fans through thick and thin. I personally enjoy it most when the rivalry heats up with the Browns as compared to the Ravens or Bengals.