PDA

View Full Version : ONE reason the Steelers will beat the Bengals

Suitanim
10-17-2005, 09:12 PM
They have to. They are the better team, and now they are in a position where they have to win. I don't know, but if I was a Bungal fan, I would have cheered for the Steelers to win last week...

Livinginthe past
10-17-2005, 09:40 PM
My money is solidly with the STEELERS - I know its blasphemy on this board but I would quite like to see Cincy have a decent season but they are still a little too weak on the D side of the ball.

I would envisage the Steelers v Bengals playing out like last years playoff Pats v Colts game - not a blowout on the scoreboard - but the Bengals will know they have been handled by the end of the game and their offense probably wont get a sniff of the ball for long periods.

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
10-17-2005, 09:44 PM
My money is solidly with the Bengals - I know its blasphemy on this board but I would quite like to see Cincy have a decent season but they are still a little too weak on the D side of the ball.

I would envisage the Steelers v Bengals playing out like last years playoff Pats v Colts game - not a blowout on the scoreboard - but the Bengals will know they have been handled by the end of the game and their offense probably wont get a sniff of the ball for long periods.

Cheers

NM

Your MONEY is on the Bungals, or your heart is with them?

The Steelers will have a chip on their shoulder, and THEY will start to be the team that never loses two in a row.

Livinginthe past
10-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Your MONEY is on the Bungals, or your heart is with them?

The Steelers will have a chip on their shoulder, and THEY will start to be the team that never loses two in a row.

Ah jesus Im going to have to go back and edit that - I truly meant Steelers - my bad.

The rest of the analysis stands - I think the STEELERS will dominate.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2005, 10:11 PM
The bengals are on top of the world..and once again ripe for the picking as Ben returns and the Steelers show the bengals who is STILL the champs of the AFCN !!!

BengalBrian
10-17-2005, 10:37 PM
If we can stop the run, we will win.. If we allow the same yards per carry we have been, we wont

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2005, 10:44 PM
If tommy is the QB, ur exactly right..but remember, we have a QB that can throw too..

but yes stopping the run will be a huge key for both teams.

ironcitychef
10-18-2005, 12:58 AM
I say let them run, they haven't killed anyone yet doing that over and over. I say you gotta contain the pass. Carson hitting 65% is high 3rd down numbers and we need to get our defense off the field.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 10:51 AM
They have to. They are the better team, and now they are in a position where they have to win. I don't know, but if I was a Bungal fan, I would have cheered for the Steelers to win last week...
A better team?
Cincy - 5 and 1
Pitts - 3 and 2
Well if you say so.. :rolleyes:

They have to win?
Yes, they made some stupid mistakes last week. At home no less. I'd say they were embarrassed.

In a better position to win?
With a hurt #1 receiver and your starting QB on the mend... ok. :rolleyes:

I would have cheered for the Steelers to win last week?
Why, because you would have still been in second place at 4 and 1?

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Now I seem to have a stalker...

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Now I seem to have a stalker...
You told me to talk smack in the Blast Furnace so here you go, Zippy.

bigredlite
10-18-2005, 11:08 AM
question is ben the only player on your team? Is hines the only reciever on your team? then your team should have won last weekend, they gave up, how can you say you are better than the bengals you got beat by the same jaguars that beat us. We can say the same thing as you if maddux didnt throw the interception you would have won, on the other hand if Carson hadnt fumbled the ball we would have won. :grin: shoulda, coulda, woulda, dont mean a thing. WHO-DEY here is to a good game that I will be at :cheers:

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 11:09 AM
question is ben the only player on your team? Is hines the only reciever on your team? then your team should have won last weekend, they gave up, how can you say you are better than the bengals you got beat by the same jaguars that beat us. We can say the same thing as you if maddux didnt throw the interception you would have won, on the other hand if Carson hadnt fumbled the ball we would have won. :grin: shoulda, coulda, woulda, dont mean a thing. WHO-DEY here is to a good game that I will be at :cheers:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Tommy their PREVIOUS starting quarterback before Overhypedberger? Didn't they nickname him "Tommy Gun"?

Thought so.

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Maybe if the Bengals beat a team with a winning record (and they get their chance this week), they'll get some more respect...unfortunately, it's not possible to play 16 games against the Browns and Bears.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Maybe if the Bengals beat a team with a winning record (and they get their chance this week), they'll get some more respect...unfortunately, it's not possible to play 16 games against the Browns and Bears.
When the Steelers would end up 8 and 8 with that schedule? hahahaha :rofl:

Even if the Steelers win, you'll still be in second place.

Cincy - 5 - 1
Pitts - 3 - 2

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 11:20 AM
When the Steelers would end up 8 and 8 with that schedule? hahahaha :rofl:

Even if the Steelers win, you'll still be in second place.

Cincy - 5 - 1
Pitts - 3 - 2

I'm sure since you seem to have more predictions than Nostradamus, we'll be sure to see you around here all season, right?

bengalsfan21
10-18-2005, 11:21 AM
If you don't stop the passing game your in trouble, you won't have a big lead and it will come down to the wire................Now on the other hand if we stop the running game your in tourble bc Ben won't know what to do if he has to throw 15+ times.

bigredlite
10-18-2005, 11:35 AM

How do you figure you are a winning team you are 3-2, it is way to early to say who is a winning team, just look at the comparisons:

Squeelers have played teams with a win loss total of 12-17;
1)titans-W 2-4
2)texans-W 0-5
3)Patriots-L 3-3
4)chargers-W 3-3
5)jaguars-L 4-2

The bengals have played teams with a win loss total of 11-21;
1)Browns-W 2-3
2)Vikings-W 1-4
3)chicago-W 2-3
4)houston-W 0-5
5)Jaguars-L 4-2
6)titans-W 2-4

and if you notice we have played one more game than you so that would even up the win loss column. Who-dey bengals 24 Squeelers 21

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 11:38 AM
come on now. its not that hard to figure out. he will just have to throw it to the receivers that are running wide open downfield. if bengals stop the run, el, ward, wilson, and miller are gonna be wide open. if those guys are covered steelers will be running the ball up the gut.

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
How do you figure you are a winning team you are 3-2

Math was never your strong subject, was it?

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm sure since you seem to have more predictions than Nostradamus, we'll be sure to see you around here all season, right?
That I will be Zippy. It's fun to read messages on a second place team's board. The excuses are phenomenal.

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
That I will be Zippy. It's fun to read messages on a second place team's board. The excuses are phenomenal.

I'm sure we're all overjoyed...

Anyway, which is your team? The Bengals? Indy? Whatever team is winning?

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Math was never your strong subject, was it?
You might have him on that one, he didn't get a quality education at the University of Akron High School. Despite that oversight, the statistics point out that both teams lost to the Jags while they beat the teams they should have beat with the exception of the Patriots, the Steelers lost to the Patriots.

Sorry about your luck. Opinions and witty sarcasm rarely stand pat against stats, but it was a gallant effort.

:)

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm sure we're all overjoyed...

Anyway, which is your team? The Bengals? Indy? Whatever team is winning?
I love to watch whomever plays the Steelers. Maybe you guys can lose one to the Browns! Maybe your Heisman Trophy candidate Charlie Frye will beat them, Zippy! I bet you're excited. :bouncy:

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 12:01 PM
I love to watch whomever plays the Steelers. Maybe you guys can lose one to the Browns! Maybe your Heisman Trophy candidate Charlie Frye will beat them, Zippy! I bet you're excited. :bouncy:

Not claiming a team? Shocking!

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Not claiming a team? Shocking!
Changing an avatar to a sissy kangaroo? Shocking!

I'm from Philly. I love/hate the Eagles. What do you expect. Thus I don't have a favorite team. It's the only real professional team in Pennsylvania. Would have been nice to have an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl, but Ben choked in the AFC Championship.

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 12:09 PM
it woulda been nice to see someone from penn. win the superbowl. was that a furball d mac choked up in the huddle? i would expect that from ben but mcnabb is a seasonned veteran with one of the best wr in the game

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Changing an avatar to a sissy kangaroo? Shocking!

I'm from Philly. I love/hate the Eagles. What do you expect. Thus I don't have a favorite team. It's the only real professional team in Pennsylvania. Would have been nice to have an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl, but Ben choked in the AFC Championship.

Actually, I should have known by the angry, arrogant, over-the-top language. There's almost always a latent inferiority complex buried underneath it somewhere.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 12:48 PM
it woulda been nice to see someone from penn. win the superbowl. was that a furball d mac choked up in the huddle? i would expect that from ben but mcnabb is a seasonned veteran with one of the best wr in the game
McHasbeen choked big time. Neither Benny or Donny deserved the trophy last year.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Actually, I should have known by the angry, arrogant, over-the-top language. There's almost always a latent inferiority complex buried underneath it somewhere.
10-18-05
The Poor Zipster
123 Steels Corners Road
Stow, OH 44224

Dearest Zippy,

But of course, only a "graduate" from the U. of Akron High School would turn a debate over a professional sports team into a personal attack.

As we have now turned yet another post of mine into a personal debate, I will lower myself to your standards: I do pity you for your selection of an "inferior" school, it's not your fault. Stow only has had electricity for a mere few years. Word travels slow in a town with one stoplight. Did you get the "poor student off Steels Corner exit, drunk off my ass behind Brubakers" discount at the U. of Akron High School?

I applaud your efforts at humor, it serves as a perfect example of humility under fire.

Now get yourself back on the porch, small pup. No need to hurt yourself while scrapping with the big dogs.

Kindest Regards,
Tom

"here we go mediocrity Steelers, here we go!"

Steel - X
10-18-2005, 01:03 PM
What was this thread about?

NotDarkYet
10-18-2005, 01:10 PM
With regards to the original post, I would agree, I would have rather seen Pitt win on Sunday. I think we will be in trouble if we dont set precedence by stopping the run right off. I hope to see a fast start for the Bengals. If its a slow paced game, I think that favors Pitt.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 01:12 PM
What was this thread about?
It was supposed to be about the Bengals and Steelers.

I apologize for my participation in the disruption to the other users here. I did not intend to be disrespectful.

Sunday's game will be very telling for how the remainder of the season plays out in the AFC Central.

Steel - X
10-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I just dont like the threat of the Cincy passing game they have a lot of weapons and I am not jumping on the secondary of the Steelers band wagon just yet. I still think they need to improve a little bit more.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 01:16 PM
I just dont like the threat of the Cincy passing game they have a lot of weapons and I am not jumping on the secondary of the Steelers band wagon just yet. I still think they need to improve a little bit more.
That's if TJ and Chad are both clicking. With both TJ and Hines both hurt, it basically comes down to the better play of Chad Johnson or Antwaan Randle-El. Randle-El can change games, but he's better off on special teams where he has a bigger impact and uses his open field running better. Rudi Johnson is just as punishing a back as Bettis but Rudi is younger and healthy. The only difference is that Carson Palmer throws more than he hands off to Rudi.

Two very different but similar teams.

Prosdo
10-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Just a reminder guys keep the debates on track. Please don't bring personal things into it. Debate away on other stuff though. :smile:

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 01:25 PM
I'll be sad when your predictions all fall apart and you move the "Troll Show" on to the next BB...

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 01:30 PM
I'll be sad when your predictions all fall apart and you move the "Troll Show" on to the next BB...
If I have to stop, so should you.

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 06:34 PM
If I have to stop, so should you.

I never make predictions...the people who post here no exactly why that is...

Hey, what's up with you calling my comments a "personal attack"? I think it's pretty much a documented fact that most, if not all, Eagles fans suffer from an inferiority complex. Having a franchise that ancient and never winning a Super Bowl can have devastating effects on the psyche...

I also love the "College Smack", as if BG is some elite East Coast intellectual think-tank. It's a State University, mid-tier, not especially difficult to get into, and hardly Northwestern, Chicago or Miami Ohio. Making fun of Akron as a BG grad is basically the equivalent of looking over at the guy sitting in the cube next to you, doing the exact same job and getting the exact same pay and saying "You are a moron for working here".

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I never make predictions...the people who post here no exactly why that is...

Hey, what's up with you calling my comments a "personal attack"? I think it's pretty much a documented fact that most, if not all, Eagles fans suffer from an inferiority complex. Having a franchise that ancient and never winning a Super Bowl can have devastating effects on the psyche...

I also love the "College Smack", as if BG is some elite East Coast intellectual think-tank. It's a State University, mid-tier, not especially difficult to get into, and hardly Northwestern, Chicago or Miami Ohio. Making fun of Akron as a BG grad is basically the equivalent of looking over at the guy sitting in the cube next to you, doing the exact same job and getting the exact same pay and saying "You are a moron for working here".

You and I are clearly not on the same page. Let's move on.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Yes, lets please do that......

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 08:12 PM
You and I are clearly not on the same page. Let's move on.

Ironic. In a way, we ARE on the same page. But, go on...I can't wait to hear the next stupid thing you have to post...

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Ironic. In a way, we ARE on the same page. But, go on...I can't wait to hear the next stupid thing you have to post...
The next "stupid" thing I have to say is drop it and move on. Our smack has gone personal and a warning was given.

Motley Nate
10-18-2005, 09:23 PM
I cheered for them to win last week and I also want Ward and Big Ben on the field for this week. I want to see an all-out war between these two teams. Should make for a great game.

ironcitychef
10-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Next one reason...Joey Porter. Seems like he might get upset about Cincy being ahead. Got a little ways to go before we play BAL so he has to take out frustrations on someone. Blew a few plays up this past weekend.

Marvin_for_prez
10-19-2005, 01:23 PM
I've stated this over on cincybengals, but I'll put it here as well. If we jump out to an early lead and you guys have to get in a shootout, you'll go home with a .500 record. If you guys can run and keep our offense off of the field, the game can go either way. But, and this is a big one, don't forget that although our D might not be the best against the run, we lead the NFL in forcing turnovers. If you guys come into the Jungle and start turning the ball over, this game could get out of hand. You don't want to have to erase a big deficit with Rudi and Perry chewing up the clock. In no way do I think that the Steelers will be a pushover. I would be shocked if you guys played anything less than a stellar football game on Sunday, but don't get excited thinking that you can run us over all day because despite who we've played so far, the Bengals are for real. This is not the same team that just lines up and goes through the motions and takes a loss every week. These guys are young and hungry and have something to prove week in and week out. A win over the Steelers would go a long way towards dispelling the myth that the Bengals can't beat a good football team. A win on Sunday would put us in a commanding lead in the division and don't think for a moment that Marvin and the rest of the team don't know it. The Steelers aren't the only team with something to prove this week. :smile:

tony hipchest
10-19-2005, 01:46 PM
who says the steelers cant win in a shootout? you rarely see them in them because THEY dictate the tempo of the game. bengals will have to prove they can take a beating from a punishing defense. but yes both teams have alot to prove and fight for. it will come down to who executed best. this will be one of the bengals most important games in years, just as was for sandiego on monday night. steelers will be up for the challenge. bengals may get over anxious and mesmerized by the bright lights and hype surrounding this game. how they deal with that will go a long way in determining the outcome.

Steel - X
10-19-2005, 01:52 PM
I am not saying we can or can not win a shoot out but with Ward randle and Wilson all questionable for this weeks game where do you have a threat to be in a shootout? If Cincy goes up early I expect Cincy to win. But lets get this straight great game this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Marvin_for_prez
10-19-2005, 02:11 PM
who says the steelers cant win in a shootout?
The secondary that has more picks than any other in the league. And the best offense in the AFC right now.
You guys have an awesome D-line and LB's. I have no problem facing the reality of that situation, but other than Polamalu, your secondary has much to prove. To top it off, Townsend may not play and even if he does, will certainly not be at 100%.
Don't think that the Bengals will be intimidated or "mesmerized" by anything. It ain't gonna happen.
I respect your opinions as a fan of your team because I certainly have my own about my team.
Your offense is designed to control the ball and grind out the clock, while ours is designed to score lots of points quickly. One of these types of offenses is built to win a shootout. One is not. You can't force your team to be something that they aren't.
If you guys control the clock and keep us off the field, you probably win.
If you have to score a bunch of points in a hurry, you probably lose.
It isn't a bad thing, it just isn't what your team was designed to do.
You guys have to stick to your game plan in order to win, just like us.
Your gameplan isn't to air it out and ours is. Simple.
Either way, I look forward to a good game on Sunday and hope we both escape the injury bug. :cheers:

danman0011
10-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Tommy their PREVIOUS starting quarterback before Overhypedberger? Didn't they nickname him "Tommy Gun"?

Thought so.

Tommy Gun! LOL. I remember that now that you mention it. You would think he was the second coming of Terry Bradshaw. Do any of you Steeler fans remember the famous "Tommy Gun" Barbecue sauce or the "Tommy Gun" cereal. These were products from 2003. Guess we have all jumped off the "Tommy Gun" wagon since he lost a game.

http://www.dpcollects.com/ebay/maddox01.jpg

tony hipchest
10-19-2005, 02:40 PM
ben has thrown the fewest int in the league. culpepper and orton throw tons of int to every team they face. d. carr isnt exactly solid in the pocket. no team has beaten steelers in a shoot out this year. just because lots of teams would like to throw the ball all over the field on them doesnt mean it can happen. 9 times out of 10 the steelers dictate the pace of the game

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-19-2005, 02:48 PM
one reason

big ben is back

Marvin_for_prez
10-19-2005, 02:57 PM
ben has thrown the fewest int in the league.
He has missed a game and I don't know this for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that he has also thrown the fewest passes among starting QB's which would definitely skew that statistic.
All I'm saying is that if the running game becomes a non-factor due to a point differential, you guys will be forced into doing something that you a.) aren't used to doing and b.) not designed to do.
That will force you to allow us to dictate the pace of the game and that is definitely not something that any team wants to have happen on the road.
Plus, if I'm not mistaken, all of your receivers are a little banged up.
Like I said, a grind it out-type game definitely favors Pittsburgh.
If it comes down to airing it out, I think that our QB and WR's have a bigger advantage over your secondary than yours do over ours. That's all.
No where did I say that you guys can't throw or score points. I'm just saying that if you are forced to, then you will be playing right into our hands by allowing us to dictate the tempo of the game.
I will bet anything that Cowher and the rest of the coaching staff absolutely don't want to get into a track meet with us, much like Marvin and our coaching staff don't want to get into a bulldozer match with you guys.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Big Ben has proved he can come from behind...
Not Worried about the pussy cats.
as long as our freakin line can protect!!!!!!!!!

i dont care if he missed a game or if he doesnt throw as much.
we saw that he is needed to win games..."maddox"
interceptions--------0

Marvin_for_prez
10-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Big Ben has proved he can come from behind...
Not Worried about the pussy cats.
as long as our freakin line can protect!!!!!!!!!
He could probably walk on water too if his knee wasn't hurt. :jerkit:
You can underestimate our team at your own risk, if you like, but I guarantee that your coach and players aren't.
You guys are going to need everyone healthy and have to play a mistake free game to come into the Jungle and win one. I'm not talking S***, but the talent level between these two teams is pretty darn even so don't think that just having your QB back in the lineup guarantees a win.

tony hipchest
10-19-2005, 04:49 PM
He could probably walk on water too if his knee wasn't hurt. :jerkit:
You can underestimate our team at your own risk, if you like, but I guarantee that your coach and players aren't.
You guys are going to need everyone healthy and have to play a mistake free game to come into the Jungle and win one. I'm not talking S***, but the talent level between these two teams is pretty darn even so don't think that just having your QB back in the lineup guarantees a win.
how many probowlers you planning on sending on defense this year? 1st3 games this year ben averaged 200 yds and 2 td's by halftime. extrapolate that over 4 quarters. the reason the bengals are designed to have a shoot out style offense is because their defense hasnt been able to shut out the other team and revert to a ball control offense. and its true the steelers and coaches dont over look anyone. if anything id say the bengals have already chalked up sundays game as a win. didnt c. johnson already guarantee it in pre season?

Marvin_for_prez
10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
how many probowlers you planning on sending on defense this year? 1st3 games this year ben averaged 200 yds and 2 td's by halftime.
At least a couple to the Pro Bowl. If it started tomorrow, O'Neal and Thurman would both get the nod.
The last time I looked, you guys have played 5 full games, not just the 1st half of 3.
If you want to extrapolate things, extrapolate your current winning percentage out over 16 full games. Now do ours. The logic is the same as extrapolating Roethlisberger's stats. Pointless.
The reason that we have a shootout type offense is because we drafted well enough to have the personnel to do it.
You guys have a playbook designed to take advantage of the types of players that you have.
I have never once said that you guys are a crappy team, or that anyone on your team sucks. I know that you guys have a very good team. I also know that we have a team that is every bit as capable of winning football games as the Steelers.
You seem reluctant or unwilling to even consider the possibility that we actually have a team that could put you guys away. Once again, I repeat myself, we are not the same old Bengals that you guys used to beat on every single game.
It will all be a moot point after Sunday.
P.S. Yes, I will be back here regardless of the outcome. I just hope that if we win, I don't hear excuses. A win is a win is a win, regardless of how you get it.

tony hipchest
10-19-2005, 06:01 PM
You seem reluctant or unwilling to even consider the possibility that we actually have a team that could put you guys away. Once again, I repeat myself, we are not the same old Bengals that you guys used to beat on every single game.
It will all be a moot point after Sunday.
P.S. Yes, I will be back here regardless of the outcome. I just hope that if we win, I don't hear excuses. A win is a win is a win, regardless of how you get it.

well this is the smacktalk forum, id be more argeable in a regular discussion forum. the great thing about the afc north is that regardless of record every team shows up to win when the rivals meet (including the bengals). regardless of whos turf they play on. hopefully the bengals have been practicing their silent snap count for the deafenning sound of the steeler contingency! :grin: and i when you come back to the forum if you lose im sure us SF people will rub it in too bad. its not like you came here and are being a dick or anything. you bring good points to the table and the bengals will always suck :smile: (unless one day, when pittsburgh isnt as great, you win the sb and beat the ravens and cowboys to do it)

Marvin_for_prez
10-19-2005, 11:33 PM
well this is the smacktalk forum, id be more argeable in a regular discussion forum. the great thing about the afc north is that regardless of record every team shows up to win when the rivals meet (including the bengals). regardless of whos turf they play on. hopefully the bengals have been practicing their silent snap count for the deafenning sound of the steeler contingency! :grin: and i when you come back to the forum if you lose im sure us SF people will rub it in too bad. its not like you came here and are being a dick or anything. you bring good points to the table and the bengals will always suck :smile: (unless one day, when pittsburgh isnt as great, you win the sb and beat the ravens and cowboys to do it)
I know what you're sayin'. I love my own team too much to be completely objective sometimes. 'Specially in a Smack forum. Here's to many more debates in the future 'cause I love to talk football. :drink:

danman0011
10-20-2005, 07:09 AM

Hipchest,

Several times in earlier posts you eluded to the Bengals "chalking up" wins and insinuating that they will not be ready for this Sunday?s game. Now in the post you are saying that even the Bengals will show up for a division game. What exactly do you believe? You have contradicted yourself several times and don't seem to want to reasonably discuss the match up. Seems that you are just a tad bit nervous about the game and it shows with your defensive behavior.

:boxing:

Iron City Hangover
10-20-2005, 08:53 AM
http://www.dpcollects.com/ebay/maddox01.jpg
The funniest thing I've ever seen from a Been-gal. You all call me a fair-weather but don't bother looking in the mirror.

tony hipchest
10-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Hipchest,

Several times in earlier posts you eluded to the Bengals "chalking up" wins and insinuating that they will not be ready for this Sunday?s game. Now in the post you are saying that even the Bengals will show up for a division game. What exactly do you believe? You have contradicted yourself several times and don't seem to want to reasonably discuss the match up. Seems that you are just a tad bit nervous about the game and it shows with your defensive behavior.

you may wanna re read thru the thread and edit this post to the person it pertains to.

if i wanted to reasonably discuss the matchup do you think i would do it in the blast furnace? you must think a reasonable discussion means conceding all points to bengal fans since you obviously think i am wrong in what i posted. are you saying its outside the realm of possiblility that the young inexperienced bengals be overwhelmed by the most important game they have been involved in since 1990????? the bengals should show up. the games being played in their home town. they better do more than just show up though. now you can interpret that "insinuation" as "defensive behavior" and being "nervous". it wouldnt be very "reasonable" to do so though.

danman0011
10-20-2005, 09:27 AM
The funniest thing I've ever seen from a Been-gal. You all call me a fair-weather but don't bother looking in the mirror.

Thanks for your props on the BBQ bottle. Believe me, it wasn't hard to find. Steeler fan loves to name food after its players no matter their caliber. My personal favorites are Hines Ward steak sauce, Tommy Gun Flakes Cereal, and Steel City yellow mustard.

:bouncy:

danman0011
10-20-2005, 09:38 AM
you may wanna re read thru the thread and edit this post to the person it pertains to.

if i wanted to reasonably discuss the matchup do you think i would do it in the blast furnace? you must think a reasonable discussion means conceding all points to bengal fans since you obviously think i am wrong in what i posted. are you saying its outside the realm of possiblility that the young inexperienced bengals be overwhelmed by the most important game they have been involved in since 1990????? the bengals should show up. the games being played in their home town. they better do more than just show up though. now you can interpret that "insinuation" as "defensive behavior" and being "nervous". it wouldnt be very "reasonable" to do so though.

Did you or did you not say the Bengals are probably "chalking" this Sunday's game up as a win? Isn't this statement in essence saying that we are in some way looking past the Steelers? If this was not your intended meaning, then I withdrawl my previous statement, but how else is one suppose to take it? You are right, I guess I am in the wrong thread for good team vs team discussion. THE STEELERS SUCK AND WILL BOW TO THE SUPERIOR TEAM THIS WEEKEND! NOTHING THE STEELERS CAN DO WILL HELP THEIR CAUSE! Is that better?

tony hipchest
10-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Did you or did you not say the Bengals are probably "chalking" this Sunday's game up as a win? Isn't this statement in essence saying that we are in some way looking past the Steelers? If this was not your intended meaning, then I withdrawl my previous statement, but how else is one suppose to take it? You are right, I guess I am in the wrong thread for good team vs team discussion. THE STEELERS SUCK AND WILL BOW TO THE SUPERIOR TEAM THIS WEEKEND! NOTHING THE STEELERS CAN DO WILL HELP THEIR CAUSE! Is that better?

much better! :grin:

"if anything id say the bengals have already chalked up sundays game as a win. didnt c. johnson already guarantee it in pre season?" was my actual quote in reference to the steelers and their coaches and fans over looking an opponent. so yes i did say it but slightly out of context. no biggie. which brought on the convo/smack that the steelers rarely over look an opponent. especially a divisional one.
so no i wont over look the bengals as a fan but like the chargers last year, im not convinced they are sb contenders. their cockiness could come back to haunt them. they still gotta go through the gauntlet of a long list of afc sb contenders in the playoffs before they get the respect you may think they deserve.

Suitanim
10-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey, I started this thread, and I was right. The Bungals are still the Bungals.

Hammer67
10-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Hipchest,

HAHAHAHHAHA!!!! :stupid:

NotDarkYet
10-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Good game. Beat us up pretty good. Couple crucial plays and that was that. Pittsburgh was the better team today. I about wanted to slap the people that were talking shit in the bathroom in the 4th qtr. "Well the Steelers still suck." ****in morons. We got beat.

We killed ourselves in the first qtr with two redzone trips and 3 frickin points. Shane Graham ridiculous. Chad's TD getting negated sucks, but Henry had the chance to make that a distant memory but dropped a wide open TD. We plain out didnt get it done.

Suitanim
10-23-2005, 04:36 PM
I respect that. That's the opinion of a truly educated fan.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Good game. Beat us up pretty good. Couple crucial plays and that was that. Pittsburgh was the better team today. I about wanted to slap the people that were talking shit in the bathroom in the 4th qtr. "Well the Steelers still suck." ****in morons. We got beat.

We killed ourselves in the first qtr with two redzone trips and 3 frickin points. Shane Graham ridiculous. Chad's TD getting negated sucks, but Henry had the chance to make that a distant memory but dropped a wide open TD. We plain out didnt get it done.
I could'nt agree more. Why did they abandon their running game so soon? Anyway, I'm glad that you did'nt talk smack and then run and hide like some people did.

NotDarkYet
10-23-2005, 07:15 PM
I could'nt agree more. Why did they abandon their running game so soon? Anyway, I'm glad that you did'nt talk smack and then run and hide like some people did.

I dont know really. We moved the ball on the ground pretty well the first couple drives. (through the air too really). The only thing I can think to say is that Dick Lebeau adjusted to Bratkowski's play calling, and Brat didnt or couldnt adjust to Lebeau's changes.

Suitanim
10-23-2005, 08:21 PM
The Bengals are a good AFC team. The Steelers the best AFC team.

Iron City Hangover
10-24-2005, 08:07 AM
The Bengals are a good AFC team. The Steelers the best AFC team.
And in second place. The best second place AFC team ever! :blah:

Suitanim
10-24-2005, 10:50 AM
And in second place. The best second place AFC team ever! :blah:

You're hanging out here because you're thinking about hopping on the Steelers bandwagon aren't you? You're probably hedging your bets and posting the same sort of tripe over at a Colts site while you wait to see which team wins the November 28th match-up.

You bandwagon whores have no shame...

Iron City Hangover
10-24-2005, 10:52 AM
You're hanging out here because you're thinking about hopping on the Steelers bandwagon aren't you? You're probably hedging your bets and posting the same sort of tripe over at a Colts site while you wait to see which team wins the November 28th match-up.

You bandwagon whores have no shame...
Such strife is expected from you. But nonetheless, you are in second place. Good luck dear friend.

ironcitychef
10-24-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm sure the Bengals feel so secure in their 1st place position that they will start printing tickets and making a SuperBowl video...

Hammer67
10-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Such strife is expected from you. But nonetheless, you are in second place. Good luck dear friend.

Never understood this particular kind of "smack". Especially since records don't matter until the Playoff pecking order is tallied at the end of the season. Wait till then to see who is in first place....

Iron City Hangover
10-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Never understood this particular kind of "smack". Especially since records don't matter until the Playoff pecking order is tallied at the end of the season. Wait till then to see who is in first place....
Excellent, we shall see then!