PDA

View Full Version : Why I came back...

Suitanim
10-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Mostly because you guys didn't start pointing fingers. Mostly.

The Steelers conceded this game when they continually put the ball in Maddox's hands. We ALMOST pulled it out, still. This is Ben's team. I checked out my old board for a day and a half, and the most outlandish things were being said, almost all negative, about almost all the players. You guys seem to see the tree's through the forest.

tony hipchest
10-17-2005, 09:31 PM
suit, i havent posted here for long but this definitely is a "glass is half full" board. if i wanna read people bash the steelers and their players all day long id go back to cbssportsline. this is a really good board and your input is one of the reasons why.

Suitanim
10-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks...For every one of you, there's 5 that hate me. It took me awhile to understand that, but I get it now...

Livinginthe past
10-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks...For every one of you, there's 5 that hate me. It took me awhile to understand that, but I get it now...

I really dont see that Suit - even being the friendly pats troll I wouldnt rate myself as that unpopular - certainly not 5-1 anyway.

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
10-17-2005, 09:41 PM
I really dont see that Suit - even being the friendly pats troll I wouldnt rate myself as that unpopular - certainly not 5-1 anyway.

Cheers

NM

Exaggeration is what makes life fun!

There were 4-5 people that were extremely unhappy with me, and I extrapolated that out abit...why not?

Livinginthe past
10-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Exaggeration is what makes life fun!

There were 4-5 people that were extremely unhappy with me, and I extrapolated that out abit...why not?

Ha ha fair enough nothing wrong with a little drama I suppose.

For what its worth I thought that Steeler Princess got a little prissy afer initially holding her own quite nicely in the NASCAR debate - still its all history now.

NM

Suitanim
10-17-2005, 09:55 PM

For what its worth I thought that Steeler Princess got a little prissy afer initially holding her own quite nicely in the NASCAR debate - still its all history now.

NM

Hmmm..."Holding her own"? Her position was undenaibly that waving the confederate flag was perfectly acceptable because SHE was a white woman and that qualified her to speak for all people of all genders, races, creeds, colors and religions around the globe.

She exposed an ignorance that has permeated our society for so long that it's almost becoming accepted...almost!

The Confederate Flag needs to be abolished. But that is just a symptom of the disease. IGNORANCE is the plague that is wiping out the US..

Koopa
10-17-2005, 10:00 PM
hey suit, what old message board did you used to post at?

Livinginthe past
10-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Hmmm..."Holding her own"? Her position was undenaibly that waving the confederate flag was perfectly acceptable because SHE was a white woman and that qualified her to speak for all people of all genders, races, creeds, colors and religions around the globe.

She exposed an ignorance that has permeated our society for so long that it's almost becoming accepted...almost!

The Confederate Flag needs to be abolished. But that is just a symptom of the disease. IGNORANCE is the plague that is wiping out the US..

Thats the thing with debate - I may not have been in agreement with her position - but I thought she done a nice job of keeping cool under pressure.

The cutesy mannerisms she used in her posts struck a chord with you I noticed!

NM

tony hipchest
10-17-2005, 10:07 PM

NM
nascar debates can get pretty heated. thats what makes it great. ultimately we are all steelerfans though.....even you livinginthepast!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2005, 10:08 PM
I kinda figured you had an alterior motive :D Glad to have you back man !

tony hipchest
10-17-2005, 10:11 PM

agreed 100%. i cant wait till nascar shakes the southern sport stereotype. untill then it will never reach its fanbase potential.

Livinginthe past
10-17-2005, 10:17 PM
nascar debates can get pretty heated. thats what makes it great. ultimately we are all steelerfans though.....even you livinginthepast!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

Darn it - I knew someone would blow my cover sooner or later!

Go Steelers

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2005, 10:18 PM
So all this time ur a closet black n gold fan ?? who'da thunk it :rofl:

Livinginthe past
10-17-2005, 10:29 PM
So all this time ur a closet black n gold fan ?? who'da thunk it :rofl:

Twas a flimsy disguise for sure - I feel like the bad guy in Scooby Doo who gets his mask pulled off at the end of every episode - ok its not the SAME GUY every episode - but you get what I mean)

I think what blew it was my praise for the Steelers Dynasty of 70's - ill have disappear now and come back with a brand new identity - and try not to make QUITE SO obvious next time :smile:

Cheers

NM

TasmanianTroy271
10-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Who is this new Colts fan, whats his username? Dyinginthefuture? hmm...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Twas a flimsy disguise for sure - I feel like the bad guy in Scooby Doo who gets his mask pulled off at the end of every episode - ok its not the SAME GUY every episode - but you get what I mean)

I think what blew it was my praise for the Steelers Dynasty of 70's - ill have disappear now and come back with a brand new identity - and try not to make QUITE SO obvious next time :smile:

Cheers

NM

Im sure we'll see right thru that one too.. u just love us too much, thats all it is.. :grin:

Livinginthe past
10-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Who is this new Colts fan, whats his username? Dyinginthefuture? hmm...

Hey nice job with the name reversal very witty!

And there was me being nice to you when you thought the Vick/ Tomlinson trade was in the FUTURE lol.

NM

tony hipchest
10-17-2005, 11:00 PM
lol at the past several posts in this thread. good stuff.

BB2W
10-18-2005, 12:23 AM
I should have never started that thread. :shake01:

ironcitychef
10-18-2005, 01:37 AM
Go Steelers

YES! One down, 68,755 to go...:grin:

Ambridge
10-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Glad you came back Suit. :chug:

I think it's fair to say that communicating on message boards is like dealing with people face to face in that not everyone is going to see eye to eye and sometimes there's going to be a difference of opinions and a clash of personalities.

hardwork
10-18-2005, 08:21 AM
"Why I came back...."

A) Why is this in the Steeler section?

B) Who cares?

Ambridge
10-18-2005, 08:45 AM
"Why I came back...."

A) Why is this in the Steeler section?

B) Who cares?

A) Why are you in the Steeler section?

B) Who cares what you think?

hardwork
10-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I couldn't find a reason for this thread either ambrige.

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 09:37 AM
I know, I know...HW's reading comprehension skills are equivalent to a 1st graders. Let's try this again...slowly...

"The Steelers conceded this game when they continually put the ball in Maddox's hands. We ALMOST pulled it out, still. This is Ben's team. I checked out my old board for a day and a half, and the most outlandish things were being said, almost all negative, about almost all the players. You guys seem to see the tree's through the forest."

See, HW? 2 references to the Steelers in just the first sentence...and the rest of it was about the members of a STEELERS board.

You're a smart one, ain't ya?

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 10:39 AM
suit, i havent posted here for long but this definitely is a "glass is half full" board. if i wanna read people bash the steelers and their players all day long id go back to cbssportsline. this is a really good board and your input is one of the reasons why.
They should be bashed, they lost the game based on stupid mistakes. Stupid mistakes lead to second place in the division. It's a good thing that both Baltimore and Cleveland suck or those stupid mistakes would have been more costly than a loss to the average Jacksonville Jaguars.

SteelProven
10-18-2005, 09:54 PM
They should be bashed, they lost the game based on stupid mistakes. Stupid mistakes lead to second place in the division. It's a good thing that both Baltimore and Cleveland suck or those stupid mistakes would have been more costly than a loss to the average Jacksonville Jaguars.

So I guess your favorite teams the eagles? I'm just guessing becuz your from philly.