PDA

View Full Version : Ben

fansince'76
12-03-2007, 01:09 AM
With 2 TD passes tonight, Ben is 3 short of Bradshaw's franchise season record of 28 with a whole quarter of the season to go, against only 11 INTs (less than 1 per game on average). Nice comeback from almost dying 18 short months ago. :thumbsup:

The Duke
12-03-2007, 01:14 AM
I didn't like his second interception today, but other that that, good job Ben!

Preacher
12-03-2007, 01:14 AM
With 2 TD passes tonight, Ben is 3 short of Bradshaw's franchise record of 28 with a whole quarter of the season to go, against only 11 INTs (less than 1 per game on average). Nice comeback from almost dying 18 short months ago. :thumbsup:

You can say that again.

Preacher
12-03-2007, 01:15 AM
I didn't like his second interception today, but other that that, good job Ben!

With the way the ball was sailing for both QB's tonight... I am not worried about it.

MACH1
12-03-2007, 01:43 AM
With 2 TD passes tonight, Ben is 3 short of Bradshaw's franchise record of 28 with a whole quarter of the season to go, against only 11 INTs (less than 1 per game on average). Nice comeback from almost dying 18 short months ago. :thumbsup:

Yes it is.

Sharkissle29
12-03-2007, 02:49 AM
With the way the ball was sailing for both QB's tonight... I am not worried about it.

eh on the second one, it was more of the decision he made. he had hines more open underneath but threw it to the wrong receiver, oh well, another good game from ben even with the 2 INTs

Crushzilla
12-03-2007, 03:05 AM
Ya I'll chalk the first INT up to bad luck, but I was sitting right there for the second one. It was just a bad situation all together.

Bad throw to a bad option.

Mind you, it had not been raining for a while when that happened, it basically stopped at halftime.

I have to agree, though. Ben has been great this year. Imagine what kind of bananas stats he'd be putting up if he had a little time to work in the pocket before it disintegrated...

Galax Steeler
12-03-2007, 04:57 AM
The ball was sailing for both quarterbacks but that last one was all ben no excuses just a bad decision.

geo123
12-03-2007, 06:45 AM
I don't know what happened on that second one. It looked like the two receivers were both open 10-12 ft apart, and he threw it right in between them; right to the the Cincy player.

Steel Pit
12-03-2007, 07:08 AM
Not bad at all when you consider that the Steelers have played in the rain 4 out of their last 5 games. Man, we're overdue to play in a game with no percipitation.

steelpride12
12-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Ben is having a breakout year and really proving he is our franchise QB.
The balls were wet and slick last night and Ben did have trouble throwing them or i don't think he woud have had 2 INT's!

delhess
12-03-2007, 08:10 AM
the biggest thing i noticed about ben last night was the fact that he was stepping up into the pocket more. that is a very good thing. our o line is not good, but can play well at times. people have said we have problems on the edge especially, and i think that stepping up in the pocket is a thing that ben should be concentrating on. it was very heartening to see this.

it always makes me nervous when i see him drop back 10 yards on every play. it can give you more time, but if you do it too much, you are gonna get burned. ben is still developing, and i am liking what i see.

BurghZ0n3
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
...IMO, Ben did improvise the best he could, even in the worst situation! Although I really question our TD when he ran for the Endzone (just like SB XL). To my surprise after being a B&G fan for more than 15 years now, Ben showed his caring towards his teammate (Parker) by wiping off the wetness from Parker's helmet & jersey...that's something!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Tankus_Maximus
12-03-2007, 10:45 AM
BEN FOR MVP!!!!

HometownGal
12-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Ben has clearly shown this season that he is more than just a game manager. He's a LEADER. :cheers: So - those of you who felt our "leader" was gone when Peezy left, take notice. :wink02:

Dino 6 Rings
12-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Best play by Ben all night...the 2 yard gain in the 4th quarter on a scramble up the field. He gained two yards. The next play, a 5 yard penalty was called on Cincy for offsides on the punt. Those 2 yards gained on 3rd allowed for the 5 yard penalty to give us a 1st down and the ability to eat up more time off the clock.

Its the little things.

geo123
12-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Best play by Ben all night...the 2 yard gain in the 4th quarter on a scramble up the field. He gained two yards. The next play, a 5 yard penalty was called on Cincy for offsides on the punt. Those 2 yards gained on 3rd allowed for the 5 yard penalty to give us a 1st down and the ability to eat up more time off the clock.

Its the little things.

Good point.

TackleMeBen
12-03-2007, 12:26 PM
i think after his slow start, he played very well. then he and carson switched carson started to suck and ben started to play good. the only probably was that last int... very bad decision i thought on ben's part. but he did thread the needle good one time..

alittlejazzbird
12-03-2007, 02:47 PM
The ball was sailing for both quarterbacks but that last one was all ben no excuses just a bad decision.

Not to cut him any slack for a bad decision, but nearly every quarterback throws one of those head-scratchers once in a while. Ben had a LOT of those last year - this year, he's cut his INT total in half (so far) and has had some tipped balls. There are definitely fewer really poor decisions on his part.

Rhee Rhee
12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
sometimes he still mistakes that could kill a team... but other than that i like him a LOT better than last year

fansince'76
12-03-2007, 05:01 PM
sometimes he still mistakes that could kill a team...

EVERY QB makes those mistakes at one time or another.

SteelersJW
12-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Ben made some great throws last night, but some of those were iffy. He otta thank Hines for those catches he while in double coverage.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I have predicted the past two seasons that Ben would throw 30 TD passes in a season.....Last year I was way off and due to Ben's physical battles was the biggest reason for that....This year so far he has 25 and has 4 games left.....So I knew Ben had the talent to challenge Terry's record...

iloveben7
12-03-2007, 06:16 PM
To my surprise after being a B&G fan for more than 15 years now, Ben showed his caring towards his teammate (Parker) by wiping off the wetness from Parker's helmet & jersey...that's something!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:
haha I thought that was so cute. I taped it on my DVR and have been watching it over and over again. That just shows you the close-knit bond of our team. They would do anything for each other.

Back to the topic, Ben had an outstanding game yesterday, even with the 2 INT's because of the rain. At the beginning of the game, Ben said the balls were bad and they were-there were spots of mud all over them. If it would've been a bright sunny day, Ben would have had no INT. I also loved his TD run. I thought he could have had another one, when Hines scored the 1st time, but Ben wanted to get that record for Ward. He was being unselfish and helping his teammate out, something you don't see too often by NFL QB's.

eafratitpm3
12-03-2007, 06:27 PM
I thought all in all Ben played well. I'm very glad that we won but if you think about it it could have ended up much worse for the Steelers. If the Bengals would have converted on one of FWP "Fumbling Willie Parker" fumbles and the holding call wasn't called on Hines where Ben took a Safety it would have been a much different outcome. Kudos to Hines and the great play of the D! GO STEELERS!!!

Tankus_Maximus
12-03-2007, 11:11 PM
When Favre throws a pick, everybody just chalks it up to Brett being a "gunslinger" or "trying to make a play"...but if Ben does it....everybody's second-guessing him

QB's throw picks...it's a fact of life.

delhess
12-04-2007, 09:02 PM
EVERY QB makes those mistakes at one time or another.

if your last name is manning, and your other name isn't peyton, you have a lot of those days!
i think we drafted the best qb that year :)

(i never get tired of saying that!)

geo123
12-04-2007, 11:37 PM
If a QB throws a 30+ yard pass and it gets picked I don't find it nearly as bad as when he throws a 5 yard floater in the flats that can easily be returned for big yards if not a TD. Usually on the longer ones the defender is tackled near where he intercepted it; if it happened to be 3rd down its like a punt.

tony hipchest
12-05-2007, 12:00 AM
courtesy of peter king:

This from my NBC information honcho, Joe Gesue, via the Elias Sports Bureau: Of all the quarterbacks drafted since the AFL-NFL merger 37 years ago, Dan Marino is the only one with a higher passer rating than Ben Roethlisberger. Marino through 50 games: 94.3. Roethlisberger: 92.1.

but if passer rating is considered insignificant, people can check the more telling stats of winning percentage and YPA through 50 games. i bet both are top 3.

tony hipchest
12-05-2007, 12:03 AM
When Favre throws a pick, everybody just chalks it up to Brett being a "gunslinger" or "trying to make a play"...but if Ben does it....everybody's second-guessing him

QB's throw picks...it's a fact of life.i think this will be the 1st year tom brady doesnt throw double digit picks. he throws either 12 or 14 every year but 1, i think.

The Duke
12-05-2007, 12:12 AM
courtesy of peter king:

but if passer rating is considered insignificant, people can check the more telling stats of winning percentage and YPA through 50 games. i bet both are top 3.

just imagine if last season didn't happen, Ben would have a career passer rating of about 100!

but still, Tony romo is better :blah: