PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this...?

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 10:42 AM
I know we can't go back, but this makes it all the more painful.

Parker gained 2 of those back on an inside run on second down. On third down, Maddox was supposed to pitch right to Parker. The Steelers' video of that play shows it was wide open for a touchdown if Maddox had not fumbled away the ball.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05291/590331.stm

From the same article, some great news!

Roethlisberger will return to start against Bengals

Steelers back on road, where they flourish lately

bigredlite
10-18-2005, 10:48 AM
with Big Ben Back it just makes it a much better game this Sunday. now you just need to get Hines Ward back and we need to get TJ back to make it a no excuse game for anyone.
The nice thing about it is I will be there, what sucks is I will be in the 300 section, oh well

Steel - X
10-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Thats why the front row on my couch with cheep beer is the best way to go. HERE WE GO STEELERS!

bigredlite
10-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Thats why the front row on my couch with cheep beer is the best way to go. HERE WE GO STEELERS!

that is normally where mine is but when you get free tickets to go you have to go :grin:

Prosdo
10-18-2005, 11:59 AM

Parker gained 2 of those back on an inside run on second down. On third down, Maddox was supposed to pitch right to Parker. The Steelers' video of that play shows it was wide open for a touchdown if Maddox had not fumbled away the ball.

So thankful Ben will be starting. Definitely don't want to see Maddox on the field. That game was way to stressful.

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 12:19 PM

i couldnt believe people slamming cowher for not having bettis in there to pound out a few extra yards for a long kick under windy circumstances. doing that has 3 risks.
no gain for bettis.
the ball getting stripped
a missed fg.

the called play to parker had 1 risk (fumble)
that play was probably being set up all game by running parker up the inside, between the tackles for the majority of his plays. great gameplanning and coaching if you ask me. cowher did not fumble but like the article said he will take the blame.

SteelProven
10-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I've accepted parker, becuz I think the Steelers need a new look. From a RB perspective, but I'm not ready to deem him the next coming. I still unsure if he's the back of the future for the Steelers. He got 20 carries like I wanted and didn't show me shyt. IMO

Steel - X
10-18-2005, 02:10 PM
that is normally where mine is but when you get free tickets to go you have to go :grin:

Free Tickets ='s hella good. I dont like paying over paid athletes salaries.. Have fun should be a good one :salute:

TasmanianTroy271
10-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Tommy's listed as Questionable, so if Ben doesn't start, Charlie will, which i'm more happy with than Maddox right about now. I think someone should tell Troy to aim for Maddox during practice... let's just keep him on the bench the rest of the year...

bigredlite
10-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Free Tickets ='s hella good. I dont like paying over paid athletes salaries.. Have fun should be a good one :salute:

hey thanks it should be a great game

Ambridge
10-18-2005, 04:16 PM
I couldn't believe they tried the first pitch play to Parker when ball security at that point was crucial let alone to think about trying it again on the other side.

There's no doubt Bettis should have been in there on that first OT series. Cowher and Whisenhunt deserve the criticism.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-18-2005, 05:39 PM
i know Maddox did a horrible job sunday, but last week everyone was talking about Maddox is better than Batch so hopefully he will be ready to play?????

I personally think we made a mistake letting Brian St. P go

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 05:59 PM
I couldn't believe they tried the first pitch play to Parker when ball security at that point was crucial let alone to think about trying it again on the other side.

There's no doubt Bettis should have been in there on that first OT series. Cowher and Whisenhunt deserve the criticism.
critisism? maybe. the blame? no. the gamefilm showed the coaches had called the perfect play. if tommy fumbled the ball to pitch it to parker why would he not fumble it turning around to hand it to the bus? out of coaches control. plus it wouldve been much easier with less risk to walk the ball into the endzone for 6 pts. than to try to kick it into the wind at 35-40 yds for 3. bad snap on the kick, blocked kick or missed fg wera all things that couldve possible gone wrong. so why did maddox fumble. maybe when he got to the line he saw the perfect call had been made, knew it was good for six and totally lost focus. i blame him. he couldve earned his million dollar salary for the year by just making that hand off.

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 07:25 PM
It's also VERY important to note that Willie was carrying the ball in the wrong arm...he was running right to left, and had the ball in his right arm...That's Pop Warner stuff.

Koopa
10-18-2005, 09:50 PM
I've accepted parker, becuz I think the Steelers need a new look. From a RB perspective, but I'm not ready to deem him the next coming. I still unsure if he's the back of the future for the Steelers. He got 20 carries like I wanted and didn't show me shyt. IMO

well one reason he ain't really doing shit is because he's not really playing his game, he's trying to go up the middle to much, and our oline ain't doing all that great either. hopefully parker will have another break out game soon cause he needs to build his confedince up or cowher just might move him down the depth chart

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2005, 10:11 PM
i couldnt believe people slamming cowher for not having bettis in there to pound out a few extra yards for a long kick under windy circumstances. doing that has 3 risks.
no gain for bettis.
the ball getting stripped
a missed fg.

the called play to parker had 1 risk (fumble)
that play was probably being set up all game by running parker up the inside, between the tackles for the majority of his plays. great gameplanning and coaching if you ask me. cowher did not fumble but like the article said he will take the blame.

Arent willie and jerome both running backs ? so the risks u mentioned for jerome would be the same for parker..and jerome has long track record of RARELY fumbling. He's the short yardage back, and we were w/ in FG range.. I would have been happy to see the Bus in there just pound out a few more yards and lets kick it and get it over with.. but either way, it wasnt willie's fault we lost....

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Arent willie and jerome both running backs ? so the risks u mentioned for jerome would be the same for parker..and jerome has long track record of RARELY fumbling. He's the short yardage back, and we were w/ in FG range.. I would have been happy to see the Bus in there just pound out a few more yards and lets kick it and get it over with.. but either way, it wasnt willie's fault we lost....
that was kind of my point which i didnt clearly state. there was a little more upside with willie and the play that was called. especially if a td was scored. i dont think jerome would be the "safe" call and willie the "risky" one. seemed maddox wouldve fumbled no matter who was behind him. = not cowhers fault. like i said in another post its better to have willy walk it in rather than have reed kick a 35-40 yarder in pretty windy conditions. i like the aggresiveness and unpredictability of the call. calls like these could pay off in the playoffs or sb (if executed)

SteelProven
10-18-2005, 10:50 PM
well one reason he ain't really doing shit is because he's not really playing his game, he's trying to go up the middle to much, and our oline ain't doing all that great either. hopefully parker will have another break out game soon cause he needs to build his confedince up or cowher just might move him down the depth chart

I totally agree but he still has to follow his blocking sometimes. A few times W. Parker didn't go with the flow. But I attribute that to that he's a young back and vision is something that take time to develope. If W. Parker keeps performing like this he'll be a 3rd down back next season.