PDA

View Full Version : big casey hampton

19ward86
12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
best player in nfl, some say peyton, some brady, some say L.T. or A.P. but in my eyes Big Ol' Casey Hampton. was it me or did anyone else see hampton dominate the bengals center last night. backup center or not a lineman in the NFL should never get dominated like that, casey pushed him back about 8 yards one play( i think it was when larry foote forced the fumble) casey could of had the sack but yet ran past palmer. his whole career has been about him taking on 2-3 guys per play and slightly winning those battles. he could be the best player in the NFL.

HometownGal
12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say Big Snack is the "best" player in the entire NFL, but I will say that he is without a doubt the best NT in the league.

19ward86
12-03-2007, 03:53 PM
think about it, i know what ur saying but if we played a 4-3 defense teams couldnt afford to block him with 2-3 guys. he would be blocked man to man and he would win i would say 90% of the time. i was kindof being sarcastic saying he is the best even though i do think he is one of the best players.

steelpride12
12-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Ha mabey not the best player in the NFL, but a dam good player who makes the small plays and should get more recongnizion that he does!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say Big Snack is the "best" player in the entire NFL, but I will say that he is without a doubt the best NT in the league.

Yeah he may not be the best player in the NFL but he is the best at his position.

Rhee Rhee
12-03-2007, 04:28 PM
idk how anyone compares to Casey as a NT.. especially since everyone keeps praisin that chargers guy.. Jamal Williams.. Casey hampton may be the best defensive player in the NFL

jjpro11
12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
hampton's a monster.. that one play you were talking about, he turned the center completely around making the center face carson as he was being driven into him. thats gotta be a bit unusual to see your lineman trying to blocking a guy while being completely backwards.

19ward86
12-03-2007, 04:56 PM
yea,that is the play i am talking about. i was laughing so hard after that happened because ive never seen something like that before.

SalukiSteelers
12-03-2007, 08:54 PM
People who know football know that Hampton is the linchpin for everything the Steelers' front seven does. The team's linebackers should take that tubby bastard out for multiple steaks at least once a week. Without him, those dudes would be making tackles 8 yards past the line of scrimmage, not 3 yards behind it. One-through-3: 1. Hampton; 2. Shaun "The Big Baby" Rogers in Detroit; 3. Hampton. He's so good he gets on the list twice.

OX1947
12-04-2007, 03:58 AM
Hampton is like the Left Tackle or a shut down corner. He eliminates one facet of a very important part of the game. Which in turn makes life easier for alot of people.

JackHammer
12-04-2007, 04:57 AM
Did anyone notice him driving back the center, with just one arm?? He's such a beast :tt02: