PDA

View Full Version : Heading into the final stretch of the season.......

FastWillieParker39
12-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Whats your predictions for the rest of the year?

Steelers

@Patrtiots - L - Close but no cigar for the Steelers

Jaguars - W - We're 6-0 at home, could clinch the division, and our O is much better now than it was last year when we played them

@Rams - L - Starting to get hot, and the fact that this is what we do. We beat a good team at home, then we go into a trap game on the road and lose

@Ravens - W - Yes we make it 6-0 against the AFC North as we beat the dismal Ravens

11-5 is my record for the Steelers

iloveben7
12-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say the Steelers go 4-0 the rest of the season. I know it will be a challenge, but the Steelers have to step it up and they will these last four weeks.

jjpro11
12-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Whats your predictions for the rest of the year?

Steelers

@Patrtiots - L - Close but no cigar for the Steelers

Jaguars - W - We're 6-0 at home, could clinch the division, and our O is much better now than it was last year when we played them

@Rams - L - Starting to get hot, and the fact that this is what we do. We beat a good team at home, then we go into a trap game on the road and lose

@Ravens - W - Yes we make it 6-0 against the AFC North as we beat the dismal Ravens

11-5 is my record for the Steelers

i actually think we could lose the rams game too.. i almost feel like we will go 1-1 vs the jags and rams no matter what. if we win vs the jags, we will be overconfident and lose the rams.. if we lose to the jags, we will get focused again and beat the rams. maybe we have turned things around mentally from here on out. but as of now, the rams game looks exactly like each of our 3 losses.

SteelCityMan786
12-03-2007, 05:58 PM
4-0. At worst 3-1 to finish either 13-3 or 12-4.

19ward86
12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
pats-W, we win 24-17 im making a bold prediction

jags-W, i think we have to fold our cards here, defense holds us

rams-W, we have our way with them

ravens-W, as long as they dont get an offense any time soon

final record-13-3 and win a bye week in the playoffs

Steel_Bus_24
12-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I actually think we have a better shot at beating the PATS then we do the Jags. I honestly can't see how we will be able to control their monsters on the D-line with the way our O-line has been playing.

I think we have to find a way to win 1 of those 2 games though.

As for the Rams.....i agree that looks like another trap game,

and when was the last time we won in Balt??

Bottom line is though, until the Browns drop another game or two...we have to keep winning

FastWillieParker39
12-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I actually think we have a better shot at beating the PATS then we do the Jags. I honestly can't see how we will be able to control their monsters on the D-line with the way our O-line has been playing.

I think we have to find a way to win 1 of those 2 games though.

As for the Rams.....i agree that looks like another trap game,

and when was the last time we won in Balt??

Bottom line is though, until the Browns drop another game or two...we have to keep winning

Note: to clinch the division we have to win 2 of the final 4 games

The Jags will be tough to handle because of there dline but something tells me that Tomlin and Airens will work something up so thats not a problem. Yea we do have bad history in Baltimore but unless very key members to this team gets hurt, I can't see us losing to the flat out awful Ravens.

SalukiSteelers
12-03-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm thinking 2-2...maybe. Pats game will be tough, if not improbable, to win. Following with the Jags is a tough draw given that team's defense and the we-just-played-the-Pats-and-are-now-banged-up factor.

Plus, the NFL's stinking greed is going to be a problem. They want to prop up their ripoff network so they're forcing teams to play short-week games. Our guys have a four-day rest heading into the Rams roadie after playing the Pats and Jags back-to-back, not an easy position.

Even if PGH only wins one more game (which, goodness, seems very unlikely) it's still a division championship and an auto bid. But why think small?

One or two more losses from the Colts would be a beautiful thing, especially if the Steelers win out and somehow sneak into the No. 2 AFC spot. Give this team a chance to play at home in the postseason and I think they'll be heading to Suxboro for the AFC championship game.

Big7BenHOF
12-03-2007, 08:06 PM
3-1

RoethlisBURGHer
12-03-2007, 09:14 PM
4-0

@ Patriots- I think we can win this game. Hell, the crap ass Ravens are tied with them at half time right now and last week the aweful Eagles damn near beat them with a journey man QB. We should have Polamalu and Holmes back for this game.

v. Jaguars- They are a good team, but I don't think we're gonna lose a home game this year. Jags go down, but it'll be a close game, it always is with this former divisional rival.

@ Rams- Gus Ferrote won't do that to the best defensive backfield in the NFL. Oh, and their RB won't be making any 50-yard TD runs against this defense.

@ Ravens- Crap ass team gets beat down again. I think we'll need this game to get a bye and HFA in the divisional round, so we'll see a good amount of the starters.

Steelers finish 13-3 and get the AFC #2 seed. We either go to New England to beat the Pats in their house again or someone comes to Pittsburgh and loses.

Preacher
12-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Here is what we have to remember....

If we are playing meaningful games... then we may win them all.

If we are NOT playing meaningful games.... that is, if we are locked into the 3 spot for the playoffs.... We may rest some starters. As a result, we may go 2-2.

SteelDogFan
12-04-2007, 10:41 AM
@Patrtiots - L - Agree

Jaguars -W - Agree

@Rams - W -Disagree, The Steelers and Willie on turf.

@Ravens - L - Disagree if they play anything like they played against the Pats we may lose this one.

11-5

ChronoCross
12-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Why people are 100% counting losses on games is beyond me. To lock the division and a playoff spot we need 1 win and a Browns loss.

But me I vote we win all 4 games and Indy takes a loss and we get a 1st round bye. Screw saying the patriots are going to win. Lets just go into there house and win.

alittlejazzbird
12-04-2007, 01:05 PM
@Patrtiots - L - Agree

Jaguars -W - Agree

@Rams - W -Disagree, The Steelers and Willie on turf.

@Ravens - L - Disagree if they play anything like they played against the Pats we may lose this one.

11-5

Pats - not so sure after watching last night...but I still think it will be a (close) loss, and I will be overjoyed if I'm wrong!

Jags - they always manage to beat the living crap out of us and win 6-3 or 9-7 or something ridiculous like that, and now they have a good quarterback too. Especially if the Pats game leaves us with some injuries, I see this as a loss. If we beat the Pats and come out of it reasonably healthy, then I think we'll steamroll over everyone else.

Rams - had better be a win. I think it will be. Enough with the losing to crappy teams.

Ravens - tough to beat them on the road, but they may have exhausted whatever was left in their tank with last night's performance. I see it as a win.

My guess: either 2-2 or 3-1 down the stretch...but remember that we only need a combination of Steeler wins and Browns losses adding up to 2 to clinch the playoffs, so as long as that happens, the final W-L stuff doesn't really matter.

WisconsinSteelerMan
12-04-2007, 01:07 PM
OK... WisconsinSteelerMan's take.

I like our chances against the Patsies, but it will be a tough row to hoe... Loss...BARELY

The Jags have ALWAYS played us tough. Yep, this is a new regieme, but they play us really tough... Loss.

Rams, they are getting hot, but NOT hot enough to overcome a now hungry Steeler Team....Win

RatBirds, they are going to play us tough, and it will not be a blowout like last time, but...Win.

We go 11-5 and run the table in our division. Then we get a #3 seed and run the table in the playoffs (yep, even squeaking out a victory in the AFC Championship Game against Pats, and go to the Superbowl...WIN...

Ring #6...

Ok, maybe that is me being a total HOMER, but I see it happening, so it just must be so.:tt02::tt02::banana::banana:

Either way, I am happy with this season as a starting point and think that the future is bright for our boys in black and gold :helmet:

Go Stillers!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

EDIT: WOW... look at that... two posts saying the same thing at the same time.... Boy am I a Copycat or what??????

ChronoCross
12-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Pats - not so sure after watching last night...but I still think it will be a (close) loss, and I will be overjoyed if I'm wrong!

Jags - they always manage to beat the living crap out of us and win 6-3 or 9-7 or something ridiculous like that, and now they have a good quarterback too. Especially if the Pats game leaves us with some injuries, I see this as a loss. If we beat the Pats and come out of it reasonably healthy, then I think we'll steamroll over everyone else.

Rams - had better be a win. I think it will be. Enough with the losing to crappy teams.

Ravens - tough to beat them on the road, but they may have exhausted whatever was left in their tank with last night's performance. I see it as a win.

My guess: either 2-2 or 3-1 down the stretch...but remember that we only need a combination of Steeler wins and Browns losses adding up to 2 to clinch the playoffs, so as long as that happens, the final W-L stuff doesn't really matter.

Browns loose 1 and we win one. We lock division. That will put us at 10 wins and the best they could finish if they loose 1 is 10 -6 and we win tie breaker. So there is no couple wins to win the division. Just 1 win by us and 1 loss by the browns.