PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Larry Foote

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-03-2007, 07:21 PM
When asked about sending the Bungles packing again for the third consecutive year

And they all but eliminated the Bengals (4-8) for a third successive season.

?Hey, that?s our job,? Steelers linebacker Larry Foote said. :toofunny:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22069674/

RoethlisBURGHer
12-03-2007, 09:16 PM
The only feeling better than knocking the Bungles out of the playoffs is winning the Super Bowl.

steelpride12
12-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Man i just love how Foote has been playing over the last 2 weeks he looks great plugging up the holes and stopping the run.
He is just another person on defense stepping up big!

SteelFan4Life
12-03-2007, 11:21 PM
He gave my dad and I his gloves after the game yesterday. ;) Me loves some Foote!

Edman
12-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Gotta give props to Foote. He's been playing at a high level recently.

Galax Steeler
12-04-2007, 04:05 AM
The linebacking core next year should be interesting with timmons and woodley coming on who will be in and who will be out?

Steeldude
12-04-2007, 06:18 AM
now if only foote could stop getting mowed down by RBs.

jjpro11
12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
The linebacking core next year should be interesting with timmons and woodley coming on who will be in and who will be out?

possibly haggans if we dont resign him. other than that, i like the core the way they are.. timmons and woodley will get their chances when its time.

MasterOfPuppets
12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
haggans will probably be the odd man out.

HometownGal
12-04-2007, 10:18 AM
now if only foote could stop getting mowed down by RBs.

:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato:

I think Foote has played pretty darned good, as has Haggans. I don't believe these two guys get half of the props they deserve. :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
12-04-2007, 11:05 AM
He gave my dad and I his gloves after the game yesterday. ;) Me loves some Foote!

That's cool. I just met him two weeks ago & got two autographed pic's (huge guns!) and a signed football. He seems like a very decent guy.

Rhee Rhee
12-04-2007, 01:59 PM
i belive timmons moves inside woodley outside we draft vernon gholston (IM HOPING AND PRAYING THAT WE DO) and then we have a perfect LB corp with incredible depth that would make other teams drool

19ward86
12-04-2007, 03:07 PM
he is playing a lot better than what i thought he would be playing this season. he has been more agressive, but i guess it is also because our defense hass dominated 9 out of 12 teams this season. wow that is amazing.... our record is 9-3???

steelpride12
12-04-2007, 03:49 PM
:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato:

I think Foote has played pretty darned good, as has Haggans. I don't believe these two guys get half of the props they deserve. :thumbsup:

I agree these guys are very underrated LB's and Haggans seemes to always be the odd man out, but i would love to see him start and stay till he retires he does the dirty work no one notices, but hey last year he led the teams in tackles which is great! :tt02:

lilyoder6
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
i would start using woodly as a d-lineman.. we switch out enough d-lineman thru the game and sometimes have our de's stand up and rush.. so i would start using him there as well... i think timmons is doing a good job on Sp teams tho..

Steeldude
12-07-2007, 09:05 PM
foote is an average LB playing in a LB friendly system. just as i stated last year about porter. a replacement for foote would either be the same or better.

foote is out of position too much and waits for plays to come to him rather than attacking. that isn't to say he doesn't attack at all or is out of position on every play. one thing is for certain. i am tired of seeing mowed down or pushed back 3 or more yards by the ball carrier.

jjpro11
12-07-2007, 09:32 PM
foote is an average LB playing in a LB friendly system. just as i stated last year about porter. a replacement for foote would either be the same or better.

foote is out of position too much and waits for plays to come to him rather than attacking. that isn't to say he doesn't attack at all or is out of position on every play. one thing is for certain. i am tired of seeing mowed down or pushed back 3 or more yards by the ball carrier.

i like foote.. but i really wish we would have tried harrison on the inside once or twice over the past few years. he's got that beastly physical ability of an ILB.. i've never seen him get really pushed back by anybody. i saw foote and farrior blitzed on the outside on a play last week, which ended up working.. i'd like to see harrison rush from the inside a bit more.

Steeldude
12-08-2007, 04:54 AM
i like foote.. but i really wish we would have tried harrison on the inside once or twice over the past few years. he's got that beastly physical ability of an ILB.. i've never seen him get really pushed back by anybody. i saw foote and farrior blitzed on the outside on a play last week, which ended up working.. i'd like to see harrison rush from the inside a bit more.

i agree with you on harrison. i think he is better suited for the ILB postion. he is strong at the point of attack. i think his main weakness is his lack of range due to be a little shorter than the average OLB.

he is a powerhouse. i hope his great effort on every play rubs off on the other players.

Elvis
12-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Great point galax..
Next offseason will be very interesting especially with Clark Hagans not impressing me at all this year..
:tt02: