PDA

View Full Version : Introducing... the Patriots run game???

tony hipchest
12-03-2007, 07:28 PM
theyve been pretending they dont got it. mangina pissed off 'chick cause he wanted to be the coach to have the 1st runner over 100 yds against our defense. he knows we will over prepare for the pass and his philosophy is to always give stiff opposition a dose of something they havent seen. we might see maroney get a warm up against the ravens. i suspect they will play it a little safe with the ravens head hunting defense, but i think the ravens defense may be too much in awe of a. thomas to be effective.

warddj86
12-03-2007, 07:40 PM
maroney won't run over 100 against the steelers, especially not when the steelers over-prepare for this game like their life depended on it, cuz if the steelers lose this game, they will have to fly home and play tough team in jacksonville, and for no apparent reason, jacksonville always seems to beat the steelers

Hines0wnz
12-03-2007, 09:16 PM
theyve been pretending they dont got it. mangina pissed off 'chick cause he wanted to be the coach to have the 1st runner over 100 yds against our defense. he knows we will over prepare for the pass and his philosophy is to always give stiff opposition a dose of something they havent seen. we might see maroney get a warm up against the ravens. i suspect they will play it a little safe with the ravens head hunting defense, but i think the ravens defense may be too much in awe of a. thomas to be effective.

He did nothing in the 1st half. Let's see if he gets the ball more later in the game if they are up.

The Patriot
12-03-2007, 11:30 PM
maroney won't run over 100 against the steelers, especially not when the steelers over-prepare for this game like their life depended on it, cuz if the steelers lose this game, they will have to fly home and play tough team in jacksonville, and for no apparent reason, jacksonville always seems to beat the steelers

I love Maroney but he couldn't run a hundred yards if he was the only man on the field.

STEELtownHAVOX
12-04-2007, 10:51 AM

We always seem to lose to the Jaguars. There DB's are our QB's favorite receivers when we play them. They're called the 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th man on our Offense.

stlrtruck
12-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Let's not worry about the jags right now, let's focus on the task at hand. Making the patria-cheats imperfect!!!!!!!!

steelpride12
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
ha thats what i think is great about the Pats there one dimentional. All they have is a perfect pass game, but the run game is far from good and prob. wouldnt be good if they ran is 23-26 times a game.
Beat there pass game and score some points you have a fair shot of winning that game!

patsdynasty
12-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Maroney is special. I really don't think you can truly appreciate just how bad he is unless you see him on a regular basis. I can't remember ever seeing a RB this awful. He literally just dances in the backfield until someone tackles him.

The worst vision and burst I have ever seen in an NFL running back. I'm honestly not 100% certain that Orlando Pace wouldn't have a better chance of coverting a 3rd and 1 than Maroney.

Words can't describe the Lawrence Maroney experience.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Maroney is special. I really don't think you can truly appreciate just how bad he is unless you see him on a regular basis. I can't remember ever seeing a RB this awful. He literally just dances in the backfield until someone tackles him.

The worst vision and burst I have ever seen in an NFL running back. I'm honestly not 100% certain that Orlando Pace wouldn't have a better chance of coverting a 3rd and 1 than Maroney.

Good call on Maroney....He is more a threat as an outlet reciever that he is as a RB...I do however have two words to describe Maroney...Cedric Benson!!

tony hipchest
12-05-2007, 08:55 AM

I love Maroney but he couldn't run a hundred yards if he was the only man on the field. its nice to see some non biassed opinions on maroney. our last resident patfan was convinced maroney and dillon were the best 1-2 tandem in the league (ignoring LT and turner, jones and benson, rhodes and addai, mccalister and bush etc.) then again he was convinced willie parker was a flash in the pan who could never carry the load and that chad jackson was better than santonio holmes based on a youtube clip of him doing a juggs machine drill.

faulk and morris woulda been perfect for the pats cause they are system qb's who arent worried about carries or stats. maroney is a 1st rounder with big ego. its hard to tell if his head is even in the game.

The Duke
12-05-2007, 02:07 PM
I actually like Maroney, I just think he's not used enough. but I guess thats just me...

but yeah, he'll be no threat to the steelers on sunday

patsdynasty
12-06-2007, 12:33 AM
its nice to see some non biassed opinions on maroney. our last resident patfan was convinced maroney and dillon were the best 1-2 tandem in the league (ignoring LT and turner, jones and benson, rhodes and addai, mccalister and bush etc.) then again he was convinced willie parker was a flash in the pan who could never carry the load and that chad jackson was better than santonio holmes based on a youtube clip of him doing a juggs machine drill.

faulk and morris woulda been perfect for the pats cause they are system qb's who arent worried about carries or stats. maroney is a 1st rounder with big ego. its hard to tell if his head is even in the game.

I don't know if it's ego so much as the guy just isn't that good. However, a few weeks ago, while he was nursing yet another injury, somebody put diapers in his locker.:toofunny: I'm really hoping he is just injured. We need him to step up at some point. We can't waste anymore high draft picks on a RB with the state our defense is in. As well as Belichick and Pioli have done in the draft, their track record with drafting backs is terrible.

Morris was doing really well. He was never going to be an All Pro, but he was enough to keep opposing defenses honest which is something we don't have right now. The rumor is they wont bring Dillon back because they didn't like his attitude last year. Which is ridiculous, They have got to do something, Faulk is the ultimate less is more kind of player. I forget what the actual stat is. But his fumble to carry ratio is somewhere in the neighborhood of double the league average. The more carries you give him, the more likely he is to put it on the ground. Which is why it drives me nuts when they let him return kicks.

I think the Steelers have a really good chance this week. Championship teams do two things well: Run the ball- playoffs games are usually weather games. And play good defense. The Patriots don't do either. Even when the Colts won last year their defense peaked and played very well. I'm not abandoning my team. I hope they do win it all. But I've got to be realistic. If that defense and the run game don't improve dramatically, there is no way they are getting to the Superbowl.

I record and keep every Pats win. I've been toying with the idea of putting together a Lawrence Maroney lowlights clip for Youtube. He irritates me that much. I'm just too busy/lazy to do it..

IslandSteeler
12-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Kevin Faulk looked pretty good against the Ravens. I don't remember even seeing Maroney. Faulk would look like he was gobbled up and then explode for eight yards. The Steelers need to prepare more for him than Maroney IMHO.

Steelman16
12-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Kevin Faulk looked pretty good against the Ravens. I don't remember even seeing Maroney. Faulk would look like he was gobbled up and then explode for eight yards. The Steelers need to prepare more for him than Maroney IMHO.

I'd have to agree. Faulk is kinda sneaky-good. Maroney is seriously overrated, and doesn't do diddlysquat back there.

patsdynasty
12-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Kevin Faulk is too small and fumble prone to be an every down back. I would have have to check on this, but I also don't remember him ever getting through a season healthy.

Faulk is good in that Dave Megett (awesome player) role- 3rd down back. Catches a lot of screens, direct snaps etc.

The Pats might be top heavy at receiver, but this is the least balanced offense they have had since Belichick got here. The tight end, Ben Watson, has also been something of a bust.

Counselor
12-06-2007, 03:06 PM
The Pats might be top heavy at receiver, but this is the least balanced offense they have had since Belichick got here. The tight end, Ben Watson, has also been something of a bust.

Who needs a TE when you've got Welker! But, I must say I am surprised at Maroney's lack of production. I think you'll need some running game in the playoffs.

Boomerang
12-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah not too convinced about Maroneys game breaking abilities.I am glad Sammy Morris is not playing as he was becoming a valuable rb weapon.

patsdynasty
12-08-2007, 03:17 AM
It's going to be hard for them to get to the Superbowl without a running game. And I don't really see Maroney stepping up this year.

I was going to say they could substitute screen passes, slants, etc for the running game like they did 2001. But even then, they had Antwain Smith. He was really underrated. The guy rushed for well over 1000 yards in 2001 and was consistently able to run the clock out when needed to finish off games.

I'll admit, I like their chances this week a lot better now that the Steelers have started running their mouths. If there was any chance of them coming out flat, it's now gone. The comments don't seem like much. But that's what the Pats do. They find any little sign of disrespect and twist it into some giant slight. The Pats will come in with a huge chip on their shoulder this week.