PDA

View Full Version : Best Team in the NFL

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Hands down, the Indianapolis Colts.

Why:

A fearsome defense... Dwight Freeney destroyed Orlando Pace last night.

Harrison, Manning and Edge... all healthy and capable of striking at any moment.

Stokley and Wayne... the unsung heroes of the team.

The best offensive line in football.

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Here's a scenario for ya...

The Colts have the best AFC record, play the Wild Card Patriots and lose 42-3.

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 11:35 AM
You know, Indy hasn't exactly played a schedule that would strike terror into the hearts of most NFL teams.

San Fran
Cleveland
Tennessee
Rams
Baltimore

The only team they've played that's worth a bucket of warm piss is Jacksonville, and they barely pulled that one out.

They have a bye this week (Houston Texans), then another bye week following, then they'll get beat in New England...again.

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 11:46 AM

Why:

Harrison, Manning and Edge... all healthy and capable of striking at any moment.

d. freeney abused j. ogden in the opener also. he is fearsome but i think teams are still looking at their defense as the weak link. tony dungy is a geed coach also.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Here's a scenario for ya...

The Colts have the best AFC record, play the Wild Card Patriots and lose 42-3.
Kinda like how the great Steeler team of last year got blown out at home against the Pats in the AFC Championship? :rofl:

Deion Branch says hello Pittsburgh.

:blurp:

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 11:54 AM
The only team they've played that's worth a bucket of warm piss is Jacksonville, and they barely pulled that one out.

I'm sensing this as a "smack" comment. Maybe you should go to the Blast Furnace?

Isn't the Jaguars the same team that you lost to last week? :rofl:

Ambridge
10-18-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm sensing this as a "smack" comment. Maybe you should go to the Blast Furnace?

Isn't the Jaguars the same team that you lost to last week? :rofl:

25 posts on your first day here........too bad none of them have added anything to the conversation/s.

You should just save everyone the trouble and add your 26th post and all the one's after that into the "dump of worthless posts" as well.

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Kinda like how the great Steeler team of last year got blown out at home against the Pats in the AFC Championship? :rofl:

I was thinking more along the lines of how the Steelers accomplished what the "Best team in football" hasn't, and that's beat Brady's Pats. Your Eagles didn't fair so well, either, did they now?

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 12:42 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of how the Steelers accomplished what the "Best team in football" hasn't, and that's beat Brady's Pats. Your Eagles didn't fair so well, either, did they now?
Never claimed to be the epitomy of an Eagles fan. Pats are 3 and 3 this year. Extremely vunerable.... and you lost.

McNabb tanked in the Super Bowl. The better team won.

But time will tell, Mr. 3 - 2.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 12:45 PM
25 posts on your first day here........too bad none of them have added anything to the conversation/s.

You should just save everyone the trouble and add your 26th post and all the one's after that into the "dump of worthless posts" as well.
Of course, we post this in a thread I started. Did you expect to gain something here? I don't recall entitling this thread "here's a place to cry on your terrible towel and attack the new guy".

Before this thread was hijacked by whining, the Colts are the best team in the NFL hands down.

Ambridge
10-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Of course, we post this in a thread I started. Did you expect to gain something here? I don't recall entitling this thread "here's a place to cry on your terrible towel and attack the new guy".

Before this thread was hijacked by whining, the Colts are the best team in the NFL hands down.

And the pile continues to grow! Thanks for the illustration.

Sure the Colts are the best team the NFL .....................going into week 7.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 01:23 PM
And the pile continues to grow! Thanks for the illustration.

Sure the Colts are the best team the NFL .....................going into week 7.
And you continue to revert back to a personal attack. Congratulations kid, you can type on a keyboard. Be sure you ask mommy and daddy if you can be online tomorrow so you can cry some more for your 3 and 2 team.

Back to the thread:

If the Colts have the best record now, any predictions on the end of season stats?

Ambridge
10-18-2005, 01:52 PM
And you continue to revert back to a personal attack. Congratulations kid, you can type on a keyboard. Be sure you ask mommy and daddy if you can be online tomorrow so you can cry some more for your 3 and 2 team.

Back to the thread:

If the Colts have the best record now, any predictions on the end of season stats?

If you take what I said as personal attacks........Oh Well!!.......maybe you need to grow some thicker skin.

When half of your posts have been nothing but sarcasm and backhanded comments why should you expect anything else??
Hint!-Being a prick and then expecting respect in return usually doesn't fly.

Back to thread: Sure!!

The "Dolts" will ride into the playoffs and will probably beat the Broncos brains out again only to crash and burn as usual with "Stats are my only game" Manning getting shut down..... under the leadership of Tony "Couldn't win the big one in Tampa and wont win the big one in Indy as well" Dungy.

That's my prediction.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 03:55 PM
If you take what I said as personal attacks........Oh Well!!.......maybe you need to grow some thicker skin.

When half of your posts have been nothing but sarcasm and backhanded comments why should you expect anything else??
Hint!-Being a prick and then expecting respect in return usually doesn't fly.

Back to thread: Sure!!

The "Dolts" will ride into the playoffs and will probably beat the Broncos brains out again only to crash and burn as usual with "Stats are my only game" Manning getting shut down..... under the leadership of Tony "Couldn't win the big one in Tampa and wont win the big one in Indy as well" Dungy.

That's my prediction.
It's a good thing that you have another job as a prick other than an NFL analyst.

I would like to see the AFC to play out:

AFC Divisional winners: Cincy, San Diego, Indy, NE with Cincy and Indy getting byes
Wild cards: Denver and Jacksonville.

NE will play Denver and win and NE play Indy
San Diego will play Jax and lose and Jax will play Cincy

AFC Championship: Indy vs Cincy

Livinginthe past
10-18-2005, 04:26 PM
It had to happen - a Colts troll has visited these shores - but one from Philly...now that is turn up for the books.

The Colts have the best record in football at the moment - however their D is a fraud - which got badly exposed against the Rams in the 1st Q of MNF.

Now im sure you are going with the party line...the Colts tightened up and made some 'adjustments'...when we all really know what happened was the Pro-bowl QB Marc Bulger was injured and replaced by a QB with 26 career passes in a distinguished 7 year career or what ever it was.

The Colts have played a load of NFL lightweights so far and not beaten some of them convincingly - the first time they come up against a half decent O - and they are exposed.

If we have Corey Dillon and Tom Brady fit for our MNF - then I guarantee we will put some hurt on this fraud D to the tune of 30 or so points.

Cheers

NM

Ambridge
10-18-2005, 04:46 PM
It had to happen - a Colts troll has visited these shores - but one from Philly...now that is turn up for the books.

The Colts have the best record in football at the moment - however their D is a fraud - which got badly exposed against the Rams in the 1st Q of MNF.

Now im sure you are going with the party line...the Colts tightened up and made some 'adjustments'...when we all really know what happened was the Pro-bowl QB Marc Bulger was injured and replaced by a QB with 26 career passes in a distinguished 7 year career or what ever it was.

The Colts have played a load of NFL lightweights so far and not beaten some of them convincingly - the first time they come up against a half decent O - and they are exposed.

If we have Corey Dillon and Tom Brady fit for our MNF - then I guarantee we will put some hurt on this fraud D to the tune of 30 or so points.

Cheers

NM

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Thus far the Colts are a victim of a favorable schedule.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-18-2005, 04:52 PM
.....:mallet:........
HANGOVER
The Jacksonville game, althought we lost, only proved that
1). Big Ben is important to the Steelers
2). Big Ben is for real
3). Its not Just BB being around a great team...
Shall i go on or can we agree that Tommy lost that game for us.
The defense played a great game.

Pittsburgh rules
Big Ben is back so let the winning resume
Ben has 2 losses.....both to the Patriots.......
And i do believe he beat the Eagles........

Ya the Colts are a great team

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 05:18 PM
.....:mallet:........
HANGOVER
The Jacksonville game, althought we lost, only proved that
1). Big Ben is important to the Steelers
2). Big Ben is for real
3). Its not Just BB being around a great team...
Shall i go on or can we agree that Tommy lost that game for us.
The defense played a great game.

Pittsburgh rules
Big Ben is back so let the winning resume
Ben has 2 losses.....both to the Patriots.......
And i do believe he beat the Eagles........

Ya the Colts are a great team
Well, what have we accomplished here:

1. You paid no attention to my posts because you replied first as a fan and not as someone willing to consider facts. This thread was about the best team in the NFL currently, which happens to be the Colts.

2. You gave me the Tommy lost it line. Last time I checked, receivers run routes too. Coaches call plays also.

3. I am not a Colts fan, however I cannot argue the facts. They are currently the dominating team of the NFL.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Never claimed to be the epitomy of an Eagles fan. Pats are 3 and 3 this year. Extremely vunerable.... and you lost.

McNabb tanked in the Super Bowl. The better team won.

But time will tell, Mr. 3 - 2.
So who is your team? Let me guess. You liked the niners in the eighties Dallas in the nineties and now maybe the Patsys. No wait they havent won enough yet.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 05:28 PM

Cheers

NM

A Colts troll. That is creative. However, lest you have a short memory, I stated that I am not a Colts fan. Also Cheerio ol' chap, you're not from "Philly" so shelf the slang. Right-o?

However, I will cut you some slack, it's a Pittsburgh board after all. And since we're talking football, let's consider:

The best team that the Steelers have played is the 4 and 2 Jaguars. Mind you they've also played the Patriots (3 - 3), the Texans (0 - 5), the Titans (2 - 4), and the Chargers (3 - 3). The Steelers are playing .600 ball against teams that are 12 - 17. That's not very impressive. Can you expect to win games against serious contenders or division leaders such as Colts, Denver, or Cincy? Can you improve on a .600 percentage against better teams? Are you beating the teams you're supposed to beat? Indy certainly has.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 05:34 PM
So who is your team? Let me guess. You liked the niners in the eighties Dallas in the nineties and now maybe the Patsys. No wait they havent won enough yet.
Here's another intelligent life form!

Let me guess, too much "Iron City" in your veins also?

Since you asked kind sir, I was an original Oakland Raiders fan. I enjoyed the Jack Tatums, the Jim Plunketts, the real smash mouth football. No team today can compare to the style of play in the 60's and 70's. Courtesy of the "West Coast Offense", everyone thinks they are run and gun and if they have DECENT backs, they claim to be a "running" team. The Patriots, as much as I don't prefer them as a fan, as the closest to a "complete" team in recent years. There is no fierce, "break your neck" team out there.

Being from Philadelphia, I do follow local teams as should any red-blooded sports fan. I understand that you are a displaced Steelers fan in Patriot land. I pity you, it is not easy rooting for a team outside of your location. The Eagles have potential to win, but I do not believe in their professionalism (T.O.), hence I offer no more than a local allegiance to the Eagles.

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 05:36 PM
3. I am not a Colts fan, however I cannot argue the facts. They are currently the dominating team of the NFL.[/QUOTE]

thats a pretty obvoius statement. kind of like saying 6-0>5-1>4-2>3-3 etc. i understand cause last year the steelers were the best most dominant best team in the NFL. 15-1. too bad the sb isnt played in october, november, december.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 05:39 PM
3. I am not a Colts fan, however I cannot argue the facts. They are currently the dominating team of the NFL
thats a pretty obvoius statement. kind of like saying 6-0>5-1>4-2>3-3 etc. i understand cause last year the steelers were the best most dominant best team in the NFL. 15-1. too bad the sb isnt played in october, november, december.

You are correct Tony, the Super Bowl is in January. Good catch. Which is why I must point out again, they are CURRENTLY the dominating team of the NFL. That doesn't say that they will win the Super Bowl. Yes, the Steelers were dominant last year and they lost the big game. So your point is valid.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Here's another intelligent life form!

Let me guess, too much "Iron City" in your veins also?

Since you asked kind sir, I was an original Oakland Raiders fan. I enjoyed the Jack Tatums, the Jim Plunketts, the real smash mouth football. No team today can compare to the style of play in the 60's and 70's. Courtesy of the "West Coast Offense", everyone thinks they are run and gun and if they have DECENT backs, they claim to be a "running" team. The Patriots, as much as I don't prefer them as a fan, as the closest to a "complete" team in recent years. There is no fierce, "break your neck" team out there.

Being from Philadelphia, I do follow local teams as should any red-blooded sports fan. I understand that you are a displaced Steelers fan in Patriot land. I pity you, it is not easy rooting for a team outside of your location. The Eagles have potential to win, but I do not believe in their professionalism (T.O.), hence I offer no more than a local allegiance to the Eagles.
Very well put. I wish I had too much IC running in my viens, unfortunetly I cant get it up here. Just wanted to make sure your were'nt a fair weather fan.

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 05:51 PM
You are correct Tony, the Super Bowl is in January. Good catch. Which is why I must point out again, they are CURRENTLY the dominating team of the NFL. That doesn't say that they will win the Super Bowl. Yes, the Steelers were dominant last year and they lost the big game. So your point is valid.
ahhhhhhh.....validation *as i take a drag off my cigarette* thank you. that dont leave much to discus now does it?

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Very well put. I wish I had too much IC running in my viens, unfortunetly I cant get it up here. Just wanted to make sure your were'nt a fair weather fan.
i prefer the yeungling (sp?) never will see it in nm and havent had one in 4 years. 1st beer i will order next time i go to pittsburgh.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Well, what have we accomplished here:

1. You paid no attention to my posts because you replied first as a fan and not as someone willing to consider facts. This thread was about the best team in the NFL currently, which happens to be the Colts.

2. You gave me the Tommy lost it line. Last time I checked, receivers run routes too. Coaches call plays also.

3. I am not a Colts fan, however I cannot argue the facts. They are currently the dominating team of the NFL.

and if you read the bottom i agreed that the colts are a good team

hardwork
10-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Best team? Well, it isn't the Steelers, not today, not in December, and not in the playoffs for sure. They are all show, and no go.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Best team? Well, it isn't the Steelers, not today, not in December, and not in the playoffs for sure. They are all show, and no go.
And it sure as hell ain't the Patsys. Even if Teddy comes back!

Suitanim
10-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Since you asked kind sir, I was an original Oakland Raiders fan. The Eagles have potential to win, but I do not believe in their professionalism (T.O.), hence I offer no more than a local allegiance to the Eagles.

So, what have we uncovered here? Quite a bit, I think.

We see a lonely person who spends an inordinate amount of time on opposing teams MB's, trying to cause trouble. Apparently, he targets teams who have a reputation for having loyal fans, and why not? This is an individual who seems unencumbered by the normal constraints of loyalty. He has switched teams at LEAST once (And once is enough to discredit any fan as a bandwagon whore), and, just like cheating on a spouse, if he did it once, well, just how many times HAS he jumped ship?

Also, as I read more of his "smack", I'm starting to detect a certain disingenuousness to it all...it seems scripted and rehearsed...sort of like this guy just drifts aimlessly from board to board and regurgitates the same lame stuff over and over and over.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-18-2005, 06:36 PM
A Colts troll. That is creative. However, lest you have a short memory, I stated that I am not a Colts fan. Also Cheerio ol' chap, you're not from "Philly" so shelf the slang. Right-o?

However, I will cut you some slack, it's a Pittsburgh board after all. And since we're talking football, let's consider:

The best team that the Steelers have played is the 4 and 2 Jaguars. Mind you they've also played the Patriots (3 - 3), the Texans (0 - 5), the Titans (2 - 4), and the Chargers (3 - 3). The Steelers are playing .600 ball against teams that are 12 - 17. That's not very impressive. Can you expect to win games against serious contenders or division leaders such as Colts, Denver, or Cincy? Can you improve on a .600 percentage against better teams? Are you beating the teams you're supposed to beat? Indy certainly has.

I would have to disagree, the best team we played so far was the Chargers
Maybe you dont know much about football, or are just ignorant but either way The chargers are the best team we have played (regardless of record), and i believe Ben Played that game and we came out on top....

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 08:41 PM
If you want some, I can ship some to you. Don't want it here.

I'm a fan of an era long gone and I can't stand a lot of the new players as a result, like Ray Lewis. You sound like you're from the same era.

Tatum would destroy Lewis.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
I would have to disagree, the best team we played so far was the Chargers
Maybe you dont know much about football, or are just ignorant but either way The chargers are the best team we have played (regardless of record), and i believe Ben Played that game and we came out on top....
That's a good response and very valid, the Chargers are a tough team. I did my evaluation based on standings alone since that is what determines playoff berths and seeds.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 08:44 PM
ahhhhhhh.....validation *as i take a drag off my cigarette* thank you. that dont leave much to discus now does it?
Nope, basically it's a wait till January discussion now. Loser has to buy the winner playoff tickets to their stadium? :grin:

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 08:52 PM
So, what have we uncovered here? Quite a bit, I think.

We see a lonely person who spends an inordinate amount of time on opposing teams MB's, trying to cause trouble. Apparently, he targets teams who have a reputation for having loyal fans, and why not? This is an individual who seems unencumbered by the normal constraints of loyalty. He has switched teams at LEAST once (And once is enough to discredit any fan as a bandwagon whore), and, just like cheating on a spouse, if he did it once, well, just how many times HAS he jumped ship?

Also, as I read more of his "smack", I'm starting to detect a certain disingenuousness to it all...it seems scripted and rehearsed...sort of like this guy just drifts aimlessly from board to board and regurgitates the same lame stuff over and over and over.
I'll respond since you so kindly took the time to type that out. One handed more than likely.

My opinion is exactly that: an opinion. Obviously, my opinion is not in agreeance with yours. That's why it's an opinion.

Taking an opinion as far as referring to my team selection or alliances as a similar method to "cheating on a spouse". That's a bit cross. See, now you've taking an opinion and made it an allegation. I have never cheated on my wife and frankly you've taken this a bit too far.

It's best to leave this be before you continue the downward spiral.

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Nope, basically it's a wait till January discussion now. Loser has to buy the winner playoff tickets to their stadium? :grin:

:grin: sure if you dont mind a h.s. stadium in bfe new mexico!!!!!

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 09:06 PM
:grin: sure if you dont mind a h.s. stadium in bfe new mexico!!!!!
Well, it'll be warmer than Pennsylvania.

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 09:10 PM

agreed on tatum. i think playing for reputation and recognition has been replaced by playing for $$$ today. the same could be said for all sports in general.

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Well, it'll be warmer than Pennsylvania.
we do tend to break out our jackets when it hits 60 degrees :cool:
its freezing at 50 degrees. :grin:
ive experienced weather in the teens though. it sucks.

Motley Nate
10-18-2005, 09:38 PM

Why:

Is it the playoffs already?

:shake01:

Let me guess, Dilfer is also a serious MVP candidate. :blah: :rolleyes:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Iron City Hangover

Why:

Freeney is a beast, no doubt..but pace is past his prime..

We also have people who can strike at any time.. Ward, El, Parker, Bus, Heath Miller

our unsung heros.. krieder is a beast, tuman is as sure as they come and teaching Miller ALOT

I beg to differ on the colts OL as best in the league.. but they are good.. Steelers, cowboys, cheifs, bengals, chargers all have top flight OL's

Motley Nate
10-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Freeney is a beast, no doubt..but pace is past his prime..

We also have people who can strike at any time.. Ward, El, Parker, Bus, Heath Miller

our unsung heros.. krieder is a beast, tuman is as sure as they come and teaching Miller ALOT

I beg to differ on the colts OL as best in the league.. but they are good.. Steelers, cowboys, cheifs, bengals, chargers all have top flight OL's
:cheers: to that

ironcitychef
10-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Colts...

best record, big talent, no off season drama, no locker room drama, no major injuries, putting away teams early on both sides....far cry from last year. Will be a shame since no one has the nerve to say anything about him now, but Dungy should not get picked on for not winning a meaningful game later if no ine hasn't brought it up yet.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-19-2005, 09:36 AM
If you want some, I can ship some to you. Don't want it here.

I'm a fan of an era long gone and I can't stand a lot of the new players as a result, like Ray Lewis. You sound like you're from the same era.

As would Lambert or Ham. Thanks for the offer but I'll wait till I go home for the holidays.

Livinginthe past
10-19-2005, 03:22 PM

Your analysis was about as illuminating as an ESPN power-ranking.

Maybe its unfashionable but I tend to take the season before into account when I judge the relative merits of teams - as long as they have managed to keep the core of their good players intact.

Surely the bigger the sample of games to take into consideration - the better idea you get of that teams relative merits?

Obviously im not talking about 3/4 seasons as way too many variables change over that period of time - co-ords leave and player turnover.

Therefore, the best team that the Steelers have played is not the Jaguars - who have achieved precisely nothing over the last 2 or so years - it is the New England Patriots - the injury bug had yet to bite so severley when they played.

The Colts D might well be 'dominant' - and if all they had to do to win a SB was beat teams the caliber of which they have played so far - then they would be shoe-ins.

But this is not how it works - the Rams have No D to speak of yet their offense (while it was intact along with Bulger) proceeded to pull the mask off the 'D Of The Year' for roughly a quarter in which they amassed 17 points.

Again, going back to last year (which was about the last time the Colts played anyone capable of reaching the playoffs) - their D was a poor unit - sure they racked up sacks when teams had to go in Pass Only Mode but they cant stop the run or for the most part the pass.

Adding Corey Simon this year is not enough to redeem this unit - the proof will be the Patriots match up - in the meanwhile I expect another 'dominant' defensive effort this weekend against the offensive powerhouse that is the Texans.

Having said all this - they still have a very capable Offense - but nothing which will scare a Patriots (or for that matter a Steelers) fan come the post-season.

Cheers

NM

hmmmmmmmm
10-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Right now id have to say the Colts are the best team in the NFL and its obvious. The record means everything during the regular season and right now they have the best therefore they are. The only thing thats ever been a road block for the Colts was the Patriots DBs playing like super heros when they meet. Some of those flying one handed INTs they got off Manning were amazing but this year their secondary is a little depleated. If you dont have a good secondary chances of beating the Colts are slim this year with their running game bein in full swing too.

hardwork
10-19-2005, 05:30 PM
We were able to stop the Colts, but can the Steelers stop them when it's all on the line? Not a chance in hell. Never happen.

tony hipchest
10-19-2005, 07:14 PM
"never happen"? steelers would have destroyed the colts and went on to destroy the eagles if colts wouldve won thier last game in foxboro last year. arent you one of the same people who say payton can never win the big game on the road with it all on the line?

hmmmmmmmm
10-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Lol i dont think the Steelers woulda beat the Colts last year or the year before. The only reason the Pats did it is cause their secondary was amazing. The Patriots have a better secondary then the Steelers......well they did.

Iron City Hangover
10-20-2005, 08:58 AM
We were able to stop the Colts, but can the Steelers stop them when it's all on the line? Not a chance in hell. Never happen.
:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Go_Cats
10-20-2005, 03:55 PM

God I like this guy :grin:

I.C. Lights
10-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Colts are the best team right now, but they are a cursed team. Lord knows what can happen before the playoffs - so to the extent that this conversation bears on superbowl predictions, it's a little premature...

Motley Nate
10-20-2005, 11:09 PM
God I like this guy :grin:
Shocker!

:rolleyes:

SteelCurtain
10-21-2005, 06:34 PM
predictions...predictions...predictions..who is the best now, who will be the best...f*%@ that...we'll see what happens in january

Iron City Hangover
10-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Yup and another win for the Colts. :blah:

Livinginthe past
10-24-2005, 09:30 AM
Hey IronCity,

Why are pushing the Colts agenda so hard - if you were a genuine Colts fan I could understand your viewpoint - but as you said you only supported the original Oakland Raiders.

The Colts are about as far as you can get from the smashmouth days of the football team you claim to admire....Pittsburgh and the Patriots are much better examples of how football should be played.

In fact I find it difficult to work out exactly why you are on this board at all - its certainly not you impart any sort of wisdom - if all you have is teams that you dont like then you follow football for the wrong reasons.

Maybe you will enlighten us as to your motivation for posting here......

NM

Suitanim
10-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Hey IronCity,

Why are pushing the Colts agenda so hard -
NM

Easy to see...he's getting ready to hop off the Eagles fan wagon and onto the Colts...

ICH is all about the winners, baby.

Iron City Hangover
10-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Hey IronCity,

Why are pushing the Colts agenda so hard - if you were a genuine Colts fan I could understand your viewpoint - but as you said you only supported the original Oakland Raiders.

The Colts are about as far as you can get from the smashmouth days of the football team you claim to admire....Pittsburgh and the Patriots are much better examples of how football should be played.

In fact I find it difficult to work out exactly why you are on this board at all - its certainly not you impart any sort of wisdom - if all you have is teams that you dont like then you follow football for the wrong reasons.

Maybe you will enlighten us as to your motivation for posting here......

NM
I think you've answered your own query. My stance and view points are difficult for most to comprehend because I'll be the first to rip apart a team that I support and compliment a team that I loathe.

I enjoy being tagged with common nicknames by those who just aren't capable of comprehension. Every aspect of life is not black and white, but mere shades of grey. This is lost on the critical minds. What I enjoy about football might not be conventional to most, but suits me fine. My approach follows as such.

Iron City Hangover
10-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Easy to see...he's getting ready to hop off the Eagles fan wagon and onto the Colts...

ICH is all about the winners, baby.
Charming. Really. :blah:

SteelCityMan786
10-24-2005, 03:45 PM
The Best team resides here in Western Pennsylvania

Motley Nate
10-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Maybe this thread should be renamed: "Wait till January".

clevestinks
10-24-2005, 06:11 PM
We actually play alot better when we are NOT on top of the rankings.

Livinginthe past
10-25-2005, 07:31 AM
I think you've answered your own query. My stance and view points are difficult for most to comprehend because I'll be the first to rip apart a team that I support and compliment a team that I loathe.

I enjoy being tagged with common nicknames by those who just aren't capable of comprehension. Every aspect of life is not black and white, but mere shades of grey. This is lost on the critical minds. What I enjoy about football might not be conventional to most, but suits me fine. My approach follows as such.

Well thanks for clearing that up ICH - that reply had the consistency and transparency of mud.

If all this nonsense was true - ie - you complimenting teams you dont like - why havent we seen you give some props to the Steelers for beating the Bengals on sunday?

The fact is all you have done is repeat what we can see by looking at any 'power-ranking' - ....the Colts are best yada yada......

Im going to go ahead and think of you as a Colts fan...what do you think the Pats v Colts score will be in 2 weeks time?

NM

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Well thanks for clearing that up ICH - that reply had the consistency and transparency of mud.

If all this nonsense was true - ie - you complimenting teams you dont like - why havent we seen you give some props to the Steelers for beating the Bengals on sunday?

The fact is all you have done is repeat what we can see by looking at any 'power-ranking' - ....the Colts are best yada yada......

Im going to go ahead and think of you as a Colts fan...what do you think the Pats v Colts score will be in 2 weeks time?

NM
I did compliment the Steelers. I even made a thread in their honor: Great Work! They absolutely controlled the game.

I see you've lost your train of thought, but I'm willing to get you back on track. I don't necessarily have a favorite team, that apparently draws the ire of everyone here. Hence the troll and every other undereducated nickname I have been bestowed upon. I enjoyed the Oakland Raiders of old style of football, as you acknowledged previously. To be honest, there exists no comparative team today. The Steelers lack the stigma of the Raiders D. The Patriots rely heavily on trick plays. The Raiders were set out to break people in half and their only "trick play" was the Hail Mary.

My intention was to get everyone's opinion of whom they thought was the best team so far in the NFL. Statistically, it's the Colts, hence my original statement. That doesn't make me a Colts fan. They will lose to the Pats.

Livinginthe past
10-25-2005, 09:27 AM
I did compliment the Steelers. I even made a thread in their honor: Great Work! They absolutely controlled the game.

I see you've lost your train of thought, but I'm willing to get you back on track. I don't necessarily have a favorite team, that apparently draws the ire of everyone here. Hence the troll and every other undereducated nickname I have been bestowed upon. I enjoyed the Oakland Raiders of old style of football, as you acknowledged previously. To be honest, there exists no comparative team today. The Steelers lack the stigma of the Raiders D. The Patriots rely heavily on trick plays. The Raiders were set out to break people in half and their only "trick play" was the Hail Mary.

My intention was to get everyone's opinion of whom they thought was the best team so far in the NFL. Statistically, it's the Colts, hence my original statement. That doesn't make me a Colts fan. They will lose to the Pats.

Come on ICH,

Lets be honest with each other - the props you offered to the Steelers were just flame bait - very subtle the way you managed to put the emphasis on the fact that, despite the win, the Steelers were still in 2nd place......which is probably why you posted it in the BLAST FURNACE eh?

Just because there is no team that you find to be 'comparative' in todays NFL - it doesnt justify your cheerleading of the sissy Colts.

Like I said before - we can all read the W/L records - NFL.com is great like that isnt it?

I find your assertion that the Colts are the best team in the NFL to strongly contradict with your pre-game prediction of a loss to the Patriots......

NM

tony hipchest
10-25-2005, 09:33 AM
ich, it seems ironic that you cant stand the team (steelers) that most resembles the throwback style of football you enjoyed so much in the past. the steelers are as close to old school, smash mouth football as it gets in todays nfl. as for peoples opinions on who the best team is in the nfl, being that this is a steelerboard, it is pretty safe to assume 9 out of 10 people will feel its the steelers.

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Come on ICH,

Lets be honest with each other - the props you offered to the Steelers were just flame bait - very subtle the way you managed to put the emphasis on the fact that, despite the win, the Steelers were still in 2nd place......which is probably why you posted it in the BLAST FURNACE eh?

Just because there is no team that you find to be 'comparative' in todays NFL - it doesnt justify your cheerleading of the sissy Colts.

Like I said before - we can all read the W/L records - NFL.com is great like that isnt it?

I find your assertion that the Colts are the best team in the NFL to strongly contradict with your pre-game prediction of a loss to the Patriots......

NM
Attention everyone:

www.mapquest.com is open and available for all those who continue to get lost.

Colts are "currently" the best team in the league. Is that subject to change?

YES.

Doesn't "YES" mean that they will eventually lose?

YES.

Hence why I said they will lose to the Pats. Is this cheerleading? NO. You're just upset that I didn't say the Steelers or the Pats. Sorry. Just my opinion.

Last time I checked, I was allowed to state an opinion as long as it wasn't a personal attack, similar to what is usually directed to me. You guys just can't handle an alternate opinion. There are a few that can and should be model citizens of this board.

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 10:48 AM
ich, it seems ironic that you cant stand the team (steelers) that most resembles the throwback style of football you enjoyed so much in the past. the steelers are as close to old school, smash mouth football as it gets in todays nfl. as for peoples opinions on who the best team is in the nfl, being that this is a steelerboard, it is pretty safe to assume 9 out of 10 people will feel its the steelers.
Please read all posts prior to this. Questions answered. :grin:

Livinginthe past
10-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Attention everyone:

www.mapquest.com is open and available for all those who continue to get lost.

Colts are "currently" the best team in the league. Is that subject to change?

YES.

Doesn't "YES" mean that they will eventually lose?

YES.

Hence why I said they will lose to the Pats. Is this cheerleading? NO. You're just upset that I didn't say the Steelers or the Pats. Sorry. Just my opinion.

Last time I checked, I was allowed to state an opinion as long as it wasn't a personal attack, similar to what is usually directed to me. You guys just can't handle an alternate opinion. There are a few that can and should be model citizens of this board.

I am all for alternate opinions..why do you think I am posting on a rivals board in the first place?

I just have to call out your posts/opinions as utter nonsense.

You are telling me that the Colts are CURRENTLY the best team in the league - but that they WONT be come the Patriots game in two short weeks....what exactly is going to happen during the Colts bye week that will alter this state of affairs?

Im sure I dont have to remind you of what the definition of the 'best team' is...

If you are willing to state NOW that the Colts wont win in two weeks time against the patriots...how on earth can you say they are the best team in the NFL.....maybe you can remind me what the Colts record is again to defend your position?

Im not asking for much...just clarify your original thoughts for me.

Thanks

NM

bengalsfan21
10-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I disagree, until someone dethrones the Pats they are currently the best team in the league :cheers:

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 11:17 AM
I am all for alternate opinions..why do you think I am posting on a rivals board in the first place?

I just have to call out your posts/opinions as utter nonsense.

You are telling me that the Colts are CURRENTLY the best team in the league - but that they WONT be come the Patriots game in two short weeks....what exactly is going to happen during the Colts bye week that will alter this state of affairs?

Im sure I dont have to remind you of what the definition of the 'best team' is...

If you are willing to state NOW that the Colts wont win in two weeks time against the patriots...how on earth can you say they are the best team in the NFL.....maybe you can remind me what the Colts record is again to defend your position?

Im not asking for much...just clarify your original thoughts for me.

Thanks

NM

Tampa Bay could possibly be that team come week 9, but with Cadillac on the mend and Griese out for the year, I don't think a backup QB could catapult them into that status. A lot can happen in the NFL on any given Sunday, dominant teams can get knocked out in just one game. It's all about momentum. While Indy is on a bye week, another team could pick up momentum and supplant them.

Then again, the Colts could possibly lose to NE and fall apart there after. Manning has typically had trouble with NE in the past, how will he fare in a year where he's not performing at the same level he was last year (which is a lot to ask of, he was dominant last year). The Colts right now are clicking... but will their D hold up? Will Edge come up lame again? Can Dungy win the big game?

My statements about the "future" are opinions. Simply that.

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 11:18 AM
I disagree, until someone dethrones the Pats they are currently the best team in the league :cheers:
In hierarchical year to year sense, you are correct.

tony hipchest
10-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Please read all posts prior to this. Questions answered. :grin:

well i have followed the thread and didnt really have a question but one post comes to mind where you said something like you can be a harsh critic of a team you like and be very complimentary of a team you despise. (pardon my paraphrase) colts and the bengals are the antithesis of the type of football you like (although i like how colts have made an effort at ball control rather than padding mannings stats). you have heaped the most compliments on these teams yet reserved most critisism for the steelers. :busted: so how long have you been a steeler fan?

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 02:18 PM
well i have followed the thread and didnt really have a question but one post comes to mind where you said something like you can be a harsh critic of a team you like and be very complimentary of a team you despise. (pardon my paraphrase) colts and the bengals are the antithesis of the type of football you like (although i like how colts have made an effort at ball control rather than padding mannings stats). you have heaped the most compliments on these teams yet reserved most critisism for the steelers. :busted: so how long have you been a steeler fan?
I'm not anymore a fan of one team more than the other. Steeler football is effective, although I'm not really convinced that it's the same "smashmouth" football that I enjoyed as a fan of the Raiders in SB XI (which the Tatum picture that I used to have in my signature is from, that hit stopped a drive that was a turning point in the game until old man Willie Brown ran it back). I don't think the Steelers D scares teams like the Raiders D used to. I'm surprised Jack never killed a man (although he paralyzed a few). Nonetheless, the Steelers are effective.

Iron City Hangover
12-08-2005, 08:54 AM

Why:

I waited a few weeks after the Colts trounced the Bengals and Steelers (both winning teams) to make this commentary. The Colts have maintained their firm grasp as the best team in the NFL. The defense is still playing strong, all their offensive weapons have remained healthy and their role players continue to step up. Regardless of their record or schedule, these guys are dominating the NFL.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Did you just quote yourself !!!??? :busted:

anyhow, well yah the colts are the best in the league, there is no comparison.. but just to make things perfectly clear, they didnt trounce the Steelers or the bengals really..but games were close in different ways but too many mistakes and missed opportunities killed both teams... but us and the bungals both played them pretty damn tight.

Iron City Hangover
12-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Did you just quote yourself !!!??? :busted:

anyhow, well yah the colts are the best in the league, there is no comparison.. but just to make things perfectly clear, they didnt trounce the Steelers or the bengals really..but games were close in different ways but too many mistakes and missed opportunities killed both teams... but us and the bungals both played them pretty damn tight.
Neither teams defense could stop their offense. The only reason it was marginally "close" in score is because the Colts voluntarily slowed their pace.

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Here a Major Scenarios.

1.The Bengals Will Lose 3 Of Their Final 4.
2.Steelers Will Win Out.
3.The Colts Will Lose To The Patriots
4.We Will knock off the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game IN OUR HOUSE!
5.WE WIN SUPER BOWL XL