PDA

View Full Version : Steelers will destroy the Patriots.

ShutDown24
12-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Steelers will destroy the Patriots

1. Patriot?s defense, old slow and has been ripped apart by the likes of A.J. Feely and Kyle Boller the past two weeks? What do you think is going to happen when a real NFL quarterback in Ben Roethlisberger plays them next week?

2. The Patriots receivers can?t do a damn outside of the AFC east or NFC.

3. The Patriots O-line is grossly overrated.

4. The Patriots are crashing under the pressure of 16 ? 0? Almost losing to two of the worst teams in the league two weeks in a row? And once only winning because of the refs?

5. The game is on a neutral field. That pansy party in trashy New England can?t be considered home field advantage because it doesn?t contain any real fans excluding those wearing away teams? jerseys.

Tonight?s Patriots loss (Yes, loss) is just another example of the thing I have been fighting for since I began watching the NFL. EVERY PENALTY SHOULD BE DECLINABLE. The game was over when Evans didn?t get the first by a long shot on 4 & 1, but overrated linemen from the Patriots false started giving the team another chance.

The Steelers will annihilate the Patriots next week and it is going to be the greatest birthday gift a newly turned 18 year old (ME) could get. Bye bye 16 ? 0, a real team is coming to town.

SalukiSteelers
12-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Glad you're confident because I saw a league that is really trying to cash in on NE's undefeated run to the Super Bowl. Unless the Steelers are up by so much heading into the final moments of the game that an official-aided comeback is impossible, the NFL (Not Freakin' Legitimate) won't let its golden franchise drop a game, even to a team such as the Steelers. This season is becoming a farce.

Edman
12-03-2007, 11:40 PM
The biggest game of the year. It's finally here, after weeks and weeks of talking about it. Ugh...

I wish I could be as confident as you Shut Down, but there are few things that worry me.

The Offense. Ben has to be smart, the O-Line has to block and Willie has to get in gear. Oh, and the recievers have to step up. Hines can't do it all. I hope and pray we get Marvel and Santonio back for this game. It's looking pretty obvious this Offense misses Santonio's ability to spread the field. Also, Arians has to be aggressive in his playcalling. The Pats are the type of team that eats conservative teams alive.

Oh, and the game is on the road. I believe we have all seen how this team has fared on the road.

Borski
12-03-2007, 11:42 PM
The Steelers will handily beat the Patriots next week. I am pumped for it. We have a Better defense then both the Ravens and Eagles and a better offense. The Patriots are falling apart under pressure and Brady get freaked out when there are lots of blitzs. Come on Steelers, you guys know what to do.

The Duke
12-03-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm really more worried about our team, if they can perform well they will win exploiting everything the colts eagles and ravens have shown.

avoid turnovers and win

OX1947
12-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Falling apart under the pressure? They just played two teams that played perfect football and they still won. Knock Brady out, thats my advice and then everything will come together....

fansince'76
12-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Falling apart under the pressure? They just played two teams that played perfect football and they still won. Knock Brady out, thats my advice and then everything will come together....

I wouldn't call Feeley's 3 picks last week or Reed's fumble of an INT return, the stupid boneheaded penalties by the Ravens all night, and the idiotic call for a timeout after stopping them on 4th down late in the game perfect football, but I guess it's subjective.

OX1947
12-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Perfect games for those teams.

Borski
12-04-2007, 12:11 AM
although knocking Brady out might make it easier, the Pats have show vulnerability in past weeks on both sides of the ball, if we bring our A game (which I am sure Tomlin will make the team ready for) then I see a double digit win

fansince'76
12-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Perfect games for those teams.

Yeah, good point. We must avoid turnovers at all costs, because they have always killed us when playing the Patriots in the past.

fansince'76
12-04-2007, 12:15 AM
although knocking Brady out might make it easier....

If we win, I want a win against their "A" team, and I don't want to hear a bunch of bullsh*t excuses afterward. There are still Bungles fans that accuse us of being dirty and "stealing their SB" two years ago.

Infamix
12-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Alot of you guys are acting like we won the game already, slow down. I like our chances but I also remember how inconsistant we have been, as well as our ROAD record. Looking forward to a good game...

LVSteelersfan
12-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I honestly don't think the Steelers will be able to stop Brady passing to Welker and his tight end across the middle. The Steelers D has not been getting to the QB the past few weeks. If Brady and his holding on every single play linemen (yes they hold EVERY FREAKIN PLAY) hold us out of there, it is going to be a long night. I think we can move on the defense as long as we don't do Willie Parker up the middle on first down, Willie Parker up the middle on second down, third and long every freakin time we get the ball. If we play that game, we are toast as Willie won't be able to run up the middle like McGahee did. I am hoping we played the way we did to set the Patsies up next week. But I don't think Arians is smart enough to play chess that way two and three weeks ahead of time.

Borski
12-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Alot of you guys are acting like we won the game already, slow down. I like our chances but I also remember how inconsistant we have been, as well as our ROAD record. Looking forward to a good game...

Its ok, dont worry I just came from the future, we won 27-13 no worries:tt02:

bozz723
12-04-2007, 12:46 AM
We are the Patriots and the Patriots are us.

We have had three games which could have easily went in the opposite direction and the Patriots have had three games which could have, and one at least, should have, been losses.

We are just reversed. there really is no difference. They are 12-0 we are 9-3. We could easily be 12-0 and they could easily be 9-3.

People who knock us for losing to weak teams don't think twice about praising the Pats because they have come through, whether it be fair or not.

Our offense is looking like it will have a field day against their defense. However, you just never know in this league.

It is my opinion the Steelers will play their best ball of the season Sunday.

Edman
12-04-2007, 12:55 AM
This thread gained some noteriety on the Pats board. Great job.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=69404

Borski
12-04-2007, 01:01 AM

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=69404

nice find:tt02: can't wait for the smack talk to fully start

fansince'76
12-04-2007, 01:03 AM

Whoopee - some semi-literate idiot on a Pats bandwagon board came over here and copied the link to this thread. One that referred to the Steelers as "Squeelers," and managed to misspell it, no less. Gonna be a lot of bandwagon gomers coming over to start crap, methinks....

jjpro11
12-04-2007, 01:12 AM
apparently this is our super bowl.. beating them to help our chances at getting a #2 seed in the playoffs means nothing to us.

Borski
12-04-2007, 01:23 AM
Randy Moss is hurtin' he said it in the post game. Anthony Smith can lay a couple big hits on Moss and Welker and mentally take them out of the game and Harrison can get a few hard sacks and confuse Brady out there.

Rotorhead
12-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Will we have Troy back, if so he can definately hang with Welker and take him out of his game! He is fast enough to run with him and smart enough to cover him and mean enough to knock him on his a$$ when he catches the ball. So does anyone know the status of Troy and Holmes?

Rhee Rhee
12-04-2007, 02:02 AM
im not as confient as you but i love the enthusiasm

Preacher
12-04-2007, 02:02 AM
Funny thing.

I wonder which one of them also goes by another name on Steelers boards

:hunch:

OX1947
12-04-2007, 02:54 AM
Pats D is aging every game. I knew at the beginning of the season that this would be a problem. If you dont let Brady go nuts and you dont make stupid mistakes, a good team can exploit the Pats. Plain and simple.

Galax Steeler
12-04-2007, 03:50 AM
Funny thing.

I wonder which one of them also goes by another name on Steelers boards

:hunch:

:sofunny:

jdsdaguy
12-04-2007, 05:04 AM
every steelers fan in the world knows that pittsburgh is the better team. my only questions are, will the steelers bring their a game and will the officials give us a chance?

steelpride12
12-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Im very excited for the gaming seeing we have a better defense and better blitz schemes then the eagles or ravens and our offense is actually productive and can score points def. on an overratted Pats defense.
With hopefully Holmes Troy, and Smith healthy will also help our chances, but for a win we better have a perfect game with 0 turnovers!

Blitzburgh_Fever
12-04-2007, 06:11 AM
:tt02:I like our matchups. Only real concerns are Moss, Welker, pressure on Brady, and our inconsistent offense. To be brief:

Moss > Taylor
-But not by much. Ike has shown he can play the physical, speedy receivers, and he's playing smarter and smarter every week. I expect Moss to catch a few on him, but he's not gonna walk on Ike all day like he has against several CBs.

Harrison/Farrior = Welker
-Not so much in terms of coverage, Welker is a jerk but he's blazingly fast. Still, I think Harrison and Farrior play physically enough that come second half, Welker's not gonna wanna go over the middle...if he does, well, we still have Anthony Bricks :wink02:

Our 3 vs. O-Line
-Pats O-Line plays well, and they also get away with a lot. I'm confident that, with Larry Foote helping, we can keep some consistent pressure. We don't necessarily need sacks every play/blitz, which is what some people on these boards expect...just remember, good pressure creates picks, good coverage creates sacks

Defense vs. Offense?
-It's hard not to be over confident, because their defense is very good. Not superb, but still in the top quarter of the league most games. Still, just not worried honestly. Their weak spot lies in their backers, and I can see Hines and Heath wreaking havoc over the middle constantly. If they keep that up, it's only a matter of time until they drop into a Cover 1 and Santo burns deep or Hines makes them pay on a precision cut to the outside.

To elaborate:

As someone said before, if we have healthy Santo to really stretch this field out, if we haves Hines catching everything that comes within fifteen yards of him, and if we have a Nate Washington that can catch (along with Cedric "Clutch" Wilson for our four WR sets), how can we lose? Assuming, again as someone said earlier, we don't play the "Willie up the middle for 1 yard...Willie up the middle for three yards...3rd and 6 and pass" :tt02: for the first half like we have been the last few weeks, our O will have a great day.

Our defense is there, especially if Polamalu starts. We have absolutely concrete linebackers for the Welker type receiver (constantly over the middle) in Harrison and Farrior, and if Foote can get through the O-line like he did against the Bengals that's enough there. With Polamalu in, we can really lock down the secondary. The thing is...we have such an intagible force in Anthony Smith. I can realistically see him hitting Moss or Welker or Maroney and eliminating them mentally from the game. I love watching that kid play :smile:

Suffice to say, I like our chances. Hopefully Ben eliminates all this "Brady/Manning" being a tier above him. Getting annoying hearing all these Patriots fangs brag about Brady :blah:

GO STEELERS! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Steeldude
12-04-2007, 06:14 AM
The Steelers will handily beat the Patriots next week. I am pumped for it. We have a Better defense then both the Ravens and Eagles and a better offense. The Patriots are falling apart under pressure and Brady get freaked out when there are lots of blitzs. Come on Steelers, you guys know what to do.

borski, you think the steelers win every game by a landslide :dang:

fansince'76
12-04-2007, 06:23 AM
borski, you think the steelers win every game by a landslide :dang:

And if the Steelers sucked as badly as you seem to think they do (considering every post I've ever read of yours has been overwhelmingly negative), they'd probably go 2-14 every year. Which is worse, really?

X-Terminator
12-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Thank you very much, ShutDown, for pretty much inviting those jackhole Pats fans to come over here and clutter up our board with bullshit. I have a feeling my bozo bin is going to get pretty crowded this week.

It's one thing to be confident in your team, but let's at least TRY to be realistic? Sheesh! :dang:

I will be so FREAKING glad when this damn game is over, you guys have no idea.

TackleMeBen
12-04-2007, 08:08 AM
looks like the mods will be busy cleaning house now..lol.... we shouldnt be over confident. yes the pats are beatable as we seen two weeks in a row. however when you are playing the pats you are also playing the refs... we will definately need our cb's not crying about every call or non call. and we need them to step up and put a hurting on the pats.

fansince'76
12-04-2007, 08:11 AM
looks like the mods will be busy cleaning house now..lol.....

We've been dealing with them for a few weeks now. We've very recently kicked two out on their asses and another one is very close to getting the same, so what's a few more?

Dino 6 Rings
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Folks, this is a huge game, but it is also only Game 1 of 2. Keep that in perspective. Even if the Steelers do win this game, the Pats will still be sitting with the 1st seed in the playoffs, making a "rematch" all but inevitable.

So yes, this week I do feel the Steelers have a very good chance of exploiting the aging Pats defense and blitzing the NE spread type offense. But even so, it is only One game out of 2. This is a team we'd have to beat again to get to our stated goal.

Stated Goal...

SIX RINGS

TackleMeBen
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
We've been dealing with them for a few weeks now. We've very recently kicked two out on their asses and another one is very close to getting the same, so what's a few more?

making you work a little harder at the holidays..lol:flap:
give them a good kick in the rear for me.:wink02:

revefsreleets
12-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Execution of the Steelers gameplan will win this game. They have the defense capable of slowing the Pats offense, and they have the capability of being the best offense the Patriots have faced all year. Yes, they are on the road, but previously they've only lost on the road to bottomfeeders, and the Steelers were clearly playing way down to the level of their competition. The one game they were "up for" was the Bungals in Cincy, and they thoroughly outplayed the Kitties in that one.

The Steelers bring their "A game" and execute it, and they'll bring home the W. The only other problem I could forsee is if the Steelers start fast and get a big lead. They CANNOT become complacent.

alittlejazzbird
12-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Heard Mike & Mike talking this morning about the whole "officials want NE to win" idea...they agreed there's no question that "superstar" players get the benefit of the doubt, but left any other speculation open-ended. I don't know what I think, but it did seem like some of those calls were pretty awful, and I would be the last person to stick up for the Ravens.

Something else to think about...NE almost lost back to back against mediocre to terrible teams; the pressure is on the Steelers to not only win, but also not to be blown out (which I don't think they will be).

The main thing I took from last night's game: I hope the Steelers smell blood in the water, because there most definitely is blood in the water.

geo123
12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
There's a lot more to this game than the #s. The #1 offense against the #1 defense.
Yes the Pats can be beaten, but we have to play like we want to win instead of not to lose. They have to play like it really means something and "leave it all out on the field".

geo123
12-04-2007, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=alittlejazzbird;333552]Heard Mike & Mike talking this morning about the whole "officials want NE to win" idea...they agreed there's no question that "superstar" players get the benefit of the doubt, but left any other speculation open-ended.

This benefit for the stars has been going on for a long time. I remember in the 70's the cowboys seemed to get the breaks and in the 80's it was the 49er's. It's just something we have to deal with.
I think with the replays and so much out in the open on all the sport stations they have to be a little careful.

Blitzburgh_Fever
12-04-2007, 09:08 AM
This benefit for the stars has been going on for a long time. I remember in the 70's the cowboys seemed to get the breaks and in the 80's it was the 49er's. It's just something we have to deal with.

I think with the replays and so much out in the open on all the sport stations they have to be a little careful.

Like you said there's always someone. I don't believe it as much as some, after all, people say we got breaks in '05 :flap: Last year everyone said refs favored the Colts, who seemed to only get as many breaks as their opponents overall imo, and I watched nearly every game :yawn: (it sucks living in Indiana)

But this year has been eerie...Patriots O-Line seems to get away with a lot of brief holds, and Randy Moss has pushed off at least once in every game I've watched, several times for TDs at the goal line. On one hand, what receiver doesn't push off at least once a game...on the other, when it's for a TD and you see it on the replay and the televised announcers don't even mention it, it makes you wonder... :hunch:

DACEB
12-04-2007, 09:24 AM
We definetely have the ability to win this game as we all know. This is my take on the game.

Quarterback: Ben historically struggles against a 3-4 defense, but IMO has made huge strides in the mental aspect of his game this year. The Pats defense looks desperate at times with all out blitzes, Ben needs to trust his teammates (O-line & WRs) because there will be plays to be made against single coverage. Protect the ball Ben and don't forget to hit the dumpoff when nothing is there, better to take what they give you than try and do too much.

Running backs: Teams have been running the ball on the Pats. Whoever suits up at RB for us had better come ready to play, because we need to get the ground game going. The RBs will need to do a good job on blitz pickup when we pass, and yards after catch when out in the flat. Protect the ball Willie because I'm sure the Pats will be looking to knock it loose.

Receivers: Our WRs need to step up and catch everything, like Ward has done the last two games. This will be the type of game that you need to take advantage of every oppurtunity you get, catch the ball when it comes to you! Our TEs should be able to win some matchups against those LBs, look for Heath over the middle.

Offensive line: It goes without being said, if the O-line does'nt step up and block it will be a long game. I believe they can get it done. With the right playcalling to keep the defense off-balance we can be successfull running and passing without question. The O-line must be disciplined and eliminate the mental mistakes, no penalties.

Defensive line: This is the unit I have the most faith in, but they had better bring a full tank of gas. It will be a struggle to get pressure on Brady, but we can do it. When the Pats spread us out we need to get pressure from these guys or our zones and secondary could be exposed.

Linebackers: Just as with the D-line, these guys better come with a full tank. They will need to play with speed and tackle well. When they blitz they must make Brady pay. Unless the Pats go no-huddle, I expect to see alot of substitutions along the D-line and LBs.

Secondary: I actually have alot of faith in this unit, but they must be physical and the safeties must be disciplined. The safeties must eliminate the deep ball and they must take every oppurtunity to lay the wood when the oppurtunity presents itself. We have actually evolved into a very good cover-2 team which will help eliminate the big play. Much like the WRs, the DBs will have to make the most of every oppurtunity. If the INT is there they must make the catch!

Special teams: The Pats are a very good team on STs, we must play well on STs or they will make us pay. Unless it is unseasonalbly nice weather, this will be a game of field position and our kicking game must play well.

Coaching: This game is huge for the coaching staff because they are going against 'The Hoody'. Tomlin had better have these guys fired up and focused. It will take a good gameplan on both O & D to beat these guys. We need to mix things up on both sides of the ball to keep the Pats on thier heels a little.
On offense we need to mix up the run and pass on 1st down and keep them guessing. A good mix of screens and short passes should help the O-line get some confidence and slow the defense down. Once the running game gets going the play-action will open right up, and we can go deep.
On defense we just need to play our game at a high level and we will be successful. Play with speed and tackle. Mix up the zones with man on man to keep Brady off balance a second longer than usual. When we blitz we must make him pay.
Play physical, play smart, play 60mins, play STEELER football and we win!!

Counselor
12-04-2007, 09:27 AM
The main thing I took from last night's game: I hope the Steelers smell blood in the water, because there most definitely is blood in the water.

Agreed. I don't think there is any doubt the Steelers will be ready to play on Sunday.

I look at this game as a "no pressure" game for us. We need to go 2-2 down the strech to seal the division---this game has always been a "probable" loss. We're gonna be loose and ready to play and I know Dick LeBeau will have some wrinkles to throw at Brady.

If we win FANTASTIC. If we lose, we'll be all the more prepared to meet them in the playoffs.

HometownGal
12-04-2007, 10:01 AM
I don't know if the Steelers are going to "destroy" the Pats - that's a stretch imho, but they are certainly very capable of winning this game. The Pats have shown some glaring weaknesses in their games against the Colts, Eagles and now the Rats - we need to exploit those weaknesses and play 60 minutes of kick-ass, smashmouth football. Fairy Tom hates pressure (even more than he hates condoms) and the Rats were in his face most of the game. You could see the frustration and desperation on that puss of his from having defenders in his face and in his "space". The Steelers D needs to bring it from their first possession and make sure A$$ Chin hears them coming. Our young defenders also have to hold back a teenie bit with the taunting and "extras" after the whistle.

The Pats D has shown they are vulnerable over the middle which spells gold for both Hines and Heath. I hope Santo is ready to go, as I think he can burn their secondary. The OL is going to have to play their best game of the season, keep the Pats' defenders at bay and not take holding penalties. :dang: The Steelers also need to stop running FWP up the middle - that isn't his strong suit. Hopefully Pooper will be back in the lineup for those short yardage gains and if he isn't successful, give Davis a shot.

This one may come down to a toe and in that regard, my money is on Jeff Reed. :thumbsup:

rbryan
12-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Its more important to beat the patsies physically than on the score board this week. I'd love to see the W and ruin thier bid for a perfect season but thats going to be a tough team to beat once let alone twice. I'd much rather beat them in the playoffs, not sure if I could stomach an upset next week just to lose to them in January.

This past week was huge, with the two game lead over Cleveland theres really no pressure on the Steelers (this week at least.) I say play ballz out and take no prisoners. In order to beat the patsies ( and more importantly beat them up physically) you can't be afraid to get beat deep a few times. The patsies look like the pressure of all the media hype is starting to wear them down, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

SteelDogFan
12-04-2007, 10:32 AM
I think this game is a win, win as long as the Steelers play well and don't get blown out. Unlike the Ravens this is not Pittsburgh's Superbowl. This does not have to be a win. At the end of the day its a season win or loss Just don't get blown out.

The biggest game coming up is the game against the Jags NEXT WEEK!!!. We may play them again in the playoffs.

I mostly hope there are no significant injuries heading into the Jags game.

clarient
12-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Destroy is a really strong word. I know our boys have the ABILITY, but I don't know if they can do it.

Sorry if I sound pessimistic... but last night I saw a Ravens D with more heart than I have seen in a Steelers defense in a good while. If our boys can play with that kind of ferocity, we stand a good chance of knocking the Pats around.

rbryan
12-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Steelers / Jax AFCCG, I'm calling it right now. lol

Seriously, the way things are lining up I see us with the 3rd seed, SD 4th , Jax 5th, and Cleveland or Tennesee #6

Jax will beat SD and the patsies, we handle the rd 1 wild card and the Colts in Indy

Jax @ Pit AFCCG !!!!!!

STEELtownHAVOX
12-04-2007, 10:46 AM
We will win, but not by destroying them.

Dino 6 Rings
12-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Last night was the Raven's "Superbowl" Sunday was the Bengals "Superbowl" Good teams win when they get their opponents best shot and don't beat themselves.

The Pats are having a Great year. If they lose this game, all it does is refocus them on their mission, which is without a doubt to win it all. If they win this game, it keeps the pressure on them to not lose all year, which is very hard, and the closer they get to 19-0, the heavier the burder will be.

I'm going to watch this game very closely, if we get a lead of 13 or more at some point in this game, say 23 - 10 or something along those lines, I'd look for NE to actually Relax a little. It wouldn't be so bad for them to drop one before their Playoff run. They would also be able to rest players in the last game against the Giants and not have to play for the perfect season. Plus, they would all but be gaurenteed a rematch against us in the playoffs, and if we don't stay focussed, that could be the game they are playing for.

SO this game is just one more game to get the Steelers to 10 wins and closer to the Division Title. It means nothing else.

#1LambertFan
12-04-2007, 12:18 PM
First play we need to go wih 2 receivers 2 tight ends and we need to get the ball off quik and send it to Santonio Holmes on the deep post and it will be a guarenteed TD if executed right.:tt02:

#1LambertFan
12-04-2007, 12:20 PM
And after we need to pound it up the gut and keep our lead. I have faith in the defense to step up like they always do in the big games but if offense makes few mistakes we WILL win.

Edman
12-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Lose to them now, get them in the playoffs.

TackleMeBen
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Lose to them now, get them in the playoffs.

win over them now and win in the playoffs!!!! :tt02::tt02:.
if i have to hear the media have a O over the pats anymore i am going to bust my television screen.:banging:

Pentheon
12-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Steelers will destroy the Patriots

1. Patriot?s defense, old slow and has been ripped apart by the likes of A.J. Feely and Kyle Boller the past two weeks? What do you think is going to happen when a real NFL quarterback in Ben Roethlisberger plays them next week?

2. The Patriots receivers can?t do a damn outside of the AFC east or NFC.

3. The Patriots O-line is grossly overrated.

4. The Patriots are crashing under the pressure of 16 ? 0? Almost losing to two of the worst teams in the league two weeks in a row? And once only winning because of the refs?

5. The game is on a neutral field. That pansy party in trashy New England can?t be considered home field advantage because it doesn?t contain any real fans excluding those wearing away teams? jerseys.

Tonight?s Patriots loss (Yes, loss) is just another example of the thing I have been fighting for since I began watching the NFL. EVERY PENALTY SHOULD BE DECLINABLE. The game was over when Evans didn?t get the first by a long shot on 4 & 1, but overrated linemen from the Patriots false started giving the team another chance.

The Steelers will annihilate the Patriots next week and it is going to be the greatest birthday gift a newly turned 18 year old (ME) could get. Bye bye 16 ? 0, a real team is coming to town.

I think we're gonna beat the Pats next week and as much as I don't like them I disagree on some things you said.

1. There not the 3rd ranked defense for nothing, they may be older but they get the job done and I've been pretty impressed. (Even though our D is much better :flap: )

2. Well, regardless if they do good or bad, their recievers are still threats against any team.

3. This is the one I mainly disagreed on, can't say enough about there o line, which is the main reason there offense is so good.

all in all we got a tough ass game, I don't think we're gonna destroy them, but I do think and hope we win. It would be nice to destroy them though.

Always nice being the underdog.

stlrtruck
12-04-2007, 03:24 PM
The Players have to be ready for this.

We can't have mental lapses (i.e. false starts and personal fouls), plays off, or indecision.

Each and every player needs to know their role, and play it for 60 minutes solid!!!!

TackleMeBen
12-04-2007, 03:34 PM
we definately need ben to be in the game and not throw picks...

steelpride12
12-04-2007, 03:44 PM
I read an interesting fact about their salary cap and how they won't be able to keep alot of there starters next year because they won't be able to afford them so they better win out this year before they loss there team.
Well i say we spoil all that beat them in the playoffs and watch there team fall apart as we win the superbowl!

I.P.T.
12-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Don't send the Pats D to the old age home yet,they aren't that old.
1 safety and the LB corps are old,but everyone else is just fine.

lilyoder6
12-04-2007, 04:08 PM
u say that they are ranked 3rd in def b/c they are good... look at who they have played... week 2 chargers didn't know who they hell they were and still don't.... so that only leaves indy and dallas with a good off that the def actually had to play.. all the other teams have shitty off.. browns and washington are decent... but with that kind of sch.. anyone could have the 3rd ranked def.... and then lets go to there o-line.. they only played 4 teams who has a good D... and 2 of them could of won the game if they had a off.... and i think that the age factor does come into play.. b4 they played shitty teams and blew them away and there starters were done by 4th qr.. so they had rest... this is the first time they actually had to play against good teams back to back to back.. they will run out of O...
9/9 W 38-14 jets
9/16 W 38-14 chargers
9/23 W 38-7 bills
10/1 W 34-13 bengals
10/7 W 34-17 browns
10/14 W 48-27 cowboys
10/21 W 49-28 miami
10/28 W 52-7 washington
11/4 W 24-20 indy
11/11 Bye
11/18 W 56-10 bills
11/25 W 31-28 eagles
12/3 W 27-24 ravens

eafratitpm3
12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
IMO this game is big for the fact that if we lose we will know what adjustments we will need to make for the next time we meet. If the Steelers bring their A-Game they should have no problem handling the Cheatriots. In the end I just hope that it is a close game and we put some good hits on the Patriots!!!

BlastFurnace
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
No way do we blow them out. I think we will play a decent game, but I still think the Patriots are a stronger team than we are.

Bottom line...this game will not decide who has the top seed in the AFC nor will it elevate the Steelers to the 2nd seed unless Indianapolis loses.

I still think the Patriots are the best team in football by a long shot. 2nd is Dallas right now. The Steelers need to be more consistent.

SteelCityMan786
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
It's that time. It's Pats week. Here We go Steelers in Foxboro

crew1954
12-04-2007, 05:36 PM
u say that they are ranked 3rd in def b/c they are good... look at who they have played... week 2 chargers didn't know who they hell they were and still don't.... so that only leaves indy and dallas with a good off that the def actually had to play.. all the other teams have shitty off.. browns and washington are decent... but with that kind of sch.. anyone could have the 3rd ranked def.... and then lets go to there o-line.. they only played 4 teams who has a good D... and 2 of them could of won the game if they had a off.... and i think that the age factor does come into play.. b4 they played shitty teams and blew them away and there starters were done by 4th qr.. so they had rest... this is the first time they actually had to play against good teams back to back to back.. they will run out of O...
9/9 W 38-14 jets
9/16 W 38-14 chargers
9/23 W 38-7 bills
10/1 W 34-13 bengals
10/7 W 34-17 browns
10/14 W 48-27 cowboys
10/21 W 49-28 miami
10/28 W 52-7 washington
11/4 W 24-20 indy
11/11 Bye
11/18 W 56-10 bills
11/25 W 31-28 eagles
12/3 W 27-24 ravens

Pats fan here, not trolling just reading up on what should be a good/great game.

Trying to follow the logic about the Pats D being 'rested; in the 4th quarter because the games were blow outs. All I have heard during those blowouts were that the Pats were either 'relentless, and playing 60 minutes' ( from admirers) or running up the score. Either way they were on the field for most of all the games.

The last 2 weeks showed that playing 60 minutes no matter the score can come in handy when you are down late in the 4th.

Also don't have Steelers schedule in front of me, but it would appear that many of the opponents are common. Certainly the steelers have 2 games/wins against both Cincy and Cleveland, the Jets are common.

I guess the question is who have the Steelers played that the Pats haven't? Have you played Indy in Indy? How about Dallas in Dallas?

In both of the last 2 games the both the NE D and O played much better in the 4th than the first.

Doing some quick research, according to the Sagarin rankings, the Steelers have had the easiest schedule so far in the entire league ( 32nd) the Pats are in the middle at 16.

SteelersJW
12-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Lets DO IT!!!

Steeldude
12-07-2007, 09:13 PM
And if the Steelers sucked as badly as you seem to think they do (considering every post I've ever read of yours has been overwhelmingly negative), they'd probably go 2-14 every year. Which is worse, really?

you mean realistic, not negative. big difference between the two. some people are realists and others are blind lemmings.

blind optimism and unrealistic dreams are far worse than reality. if borski was the coach the team would never upgrade. the team would still have huey richardson as a starting LB.

Snerdly
12-07-2007, 09:37 PM

We have had three games which could have easily went in the opposite direction and the Patriots have had three games which could have, and one at least, should have, been losses.

We are just reversed. there really is no difference. They are 12-0 we are 9-3. We could easily be 12-0 and they could easily be 9-3.

Ehhh... no.
There is a major difference.

The Patriots man-up in close games. The Steelers fold.

fansince'76
12-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Ehhh... no.
There is a major difference.

The Patriots man-up in close games. The Steelers fold.

Much easier to "man up" when given 4-5 opportunities on 4th down, isn't it? :rolleyes:

fansince'76
12-07-2007, 09:49 PM
you mean realistic, not negative. big difference between the two. some people are realists and others are blind lemmings.

If degrading pretty much every player at almost every position at every opportunity is being "realistic," then we have differing definitions of the word. To each their own, I suppose.

Snerdly
12-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Much easier to "man up" when given 4-5 opportunities on 4th down, isn't it? :rolleyes:

It's all about execution, chief.

If the ratbirds can't defend without mugging receivers, then they deserve the penalties.

Blame the Colts and Bill Polian for turning the NFL into flag-football... the Pats just adapt.

Steeldude
12-08-2007, 04:50 AM
If degrading pretty much every player at almost every position at every opportunity is being "realistic," then we have differing definitions of the word. To each their own, I suppose.

degrading or pointing out weaknesses? for example, just because i say something like "foote is a slow LB", doesn't mean it is degrading. it is merely a fact. he ran a 4.8+ in the combine. i guess i could say he is fast, but that wouldn't be realistic. or i could say that faneca's level of play has declined over the past two seasons. again a solid observation. one made to point out how faneca will not be worth the salary he will request next season.

we are just two different people, fansince. you think every steelers' player is perfect. i on the other hand do not possess such a biased view.

you are right, to each their own :smile:

crew1954
12-08-2007, 06:13 AM
Steelers away record and stats:
Record: 2-3, .400 winning percentage
Defense stats: 91 pts allowed/18.2 pts per game
Offense 116 points scored/23.2 points per game
Opponents and (records)
34-7 @Cleveland (7-5)

14-21 @Arizona (6-6)

28-31 @ Denver (5-7).

24-13 @Cincinnati (4-8)

16-19 @ NY Jets (3-9)

Steelers road opponents records 25-35 .417 winning percentage

So on the road the Steelers play .400 ball away against .400 ball playing teams.

Throwing out the Cleveland blowout on opening day, , The Steelers have gone 1-3 their last 4 away games.

stats for last 4 Steelers road games:

Ave score Steelers: 20.5 Opponent s 21 ( vs. the #1 ranked defense)

The Steelers have been outscored on the road after opening day.

The last 4 road opponents combined record: 18- 30 .374 winning percentage. Take out the 3 wins against a quality opponent (The Steelers oddily qualify as one) and the 1 loss and these 4 stellar squads are an impressive 15-29, an intimidating .340 winning percentage.

So the steelers are playing .250 football against .340 competion and are 16th in scoring defense on the road against this scary bunch.
Scary stuff! I can see why some of you steelers fans are gauranteeing a Pittsburgh blowout.

steelersalaska
12-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Hello all. Listen, this is a Steelers chat room for Steeler fans. Some of us geezers were fans in 70-71... I was young then but I can still remember Terry looking worse then any qb in this league now.
What I've learned is that as a fan you got to have faith. This team is built on "heart". A big heart on a good day will break any other team.
I disrespect guys who say "win the second game"...... win on Sunday, then remind them why you did again in January. We want the second seed, the only way to get it is to beat all comers. Number crunchers bore me too. Pittsburgh has historically won when they needed to, nothing else to say about that.
The men from Pittsburgh will win on Sunday. Period.

just a fan.......

geo123
12-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Someone should show this team some highlights of the 70's team. It should be more than enough to get someone fired up, inpired, motivated or whatever.

PatsFan2003
12-08-2007, 08:53 AM
I honestly don't think the Steelers will be able to stop Brady passing to Welker and his tight end across the middle. The Steelers D has not been getting to the QB the past few weeks. If Brady and his holding on every single play linemen (yes they hold EVERY FREAKIN PLAY) hold us out of there, it is going to be a long night. I think we can move on the defense as long as we don't do Willie Parker up the middle on first down, Willie Parker up the middle on second down, third and long every freakin time we get the ball. If we play that game, we are toast as Willie won't be able to run up the middle like McGahee did. I am hoping we played the way we did to set the Patsies up next week. But I don't think Arians is smart enough to play chess that way two and three weeks ahead of time.

Gee and I was going to say the Raven secondary fouled the Pats receivers on every play... Go figure :wink02:

They will have to pressure Brady or those receivers will get open. I think the Steelers will be getting their points unfortunately so how well the Steelers D stops the Pats is key.

chris66
12-08-2007, 10:54 AM

People who knock us for losing to weak teams don't think twice about praising the Pats because they have come through, whether it be fair or not.

Our offense is looking like it will have a field day against their defense. However, you just never know in this league.

It is my opinion the Steelers will play their best ball of the season Sunday.

The difference in this " would of could of" scenario is the pats won those games while the steelers lost them

fansince'76
12-08-2007, 12:16 PM
you think every steelers' player is perfect. i on the other hand do not possess such a biased view.

No, I don't. Simply because I don't criticize someone on the roster with practically every post doesn't mean I think all the players are "perfect." For example, I have been highly critical of the OL all year - that is our biggest weakness, IMO. Faneca? Let some other team overpay him - he isn't worth anywhere what he thinks he is anymore.

HometownGal
12-08-2007, 12:19 PM
The difference in this " would of could of" scenario is the pats won those games while the steelers lost them

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5180/patsfk1.jpg

geo123
12-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Someone should show this team some highlights of the 70's team. It should be more than enough to get someone fired up, inpired, motivated or whatever.

NFL channel will have the 1974 Steelers story on today at 4:00.

Steeldude
12-09-2007, 05:25 AM
No, I don't. Simply because I don't criticize someone on the roster with practically every post doesn't mean I think all the players are "perfect." For example, I have been highly critical of the OL all year - that is our biggest weakness, IMO. Faneca? Let some other team overpay him - he isn't worth anywhere what he thinks he is anymore.

and just because i don't praise someone on the roster with practically every post doesn't mean I think all the players are poor. no one has more praise for harrison than me. i have been parading around for 3 or more years saying he should start for either foote or porter.

i agree, the O-line is the steelers biggest weakness. if simmons is moved to center i hope he will excel. unfortunately, i don't see the O-line getting much better in 2008. faneca is gone next year. although his game is sliding, he is still the best on the O-line. well perhaps smith is up there too, but he isn't getting any younger and it appears injuries are hampering him again. i believe starks, who has been playing well, is a FA after the season. the steelers have a lot of work to do in the FA market and draft.

:smile:

geo123
12-09-2007, 12:18 PM
I hope they have a few surprises today on both side of the ball. I saw Dick LeBeau on NFL yesteday laying out the zone blitz, and how it works.
I'm sure the Pats have studied film but why map it out anyway?

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I hope they have a few surprises today on both side of the ball. I saw Dick LeBeau on NFL yesteday laying out the zone blitz, and how it works.
I'm sure the Pats have studied film but why map it out anyway?lol.

because what he laid out was so basic, high school football teams and colleges are using it all the time. its no secret, and every team knows how it works.

Steeldude
12-09-2007, 07:31 PM
lebeau's defense is old and bland. it has the same glaring weakness it has always possessed. just dink and dunk it all the way down the field.

this defense is not as disciplined or as intelligent as the defense in the 90s.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Gee, ShutDown, you sure know your football. Remind me to ask you for your picks every week so I can fill out mine and win some money in my pool...by picking the opposite of what you do on every game.

What a moron. Find a new sport to follow, you clearly don't understand much about football.

This from a Pats fan who didnt know the NFL existed before 2001.
Go away Troll.
:wave: