PDA

View Full Version : The beast has been wounded!

#1LambertFan
12-04-2007, 11:59 AM
That evil beast that some others around the league may know as the New England Patriots, has nearly been beaten by two teams that are far below them in statistics. The Eagles and them Ratbirds have both layed the blueprints on how to beat the New England Patriots, however could not accomplish this task because of a lack of talent a few bad calls on the refs parts. I believe the Patriots have been emotionally and physically drained by these two games and its time for one team to rise to the occasion and capitalize on this oppurtunity, and would you look at who is next on their schedule. The team with the best defense in the league and an above average offensive attack, The Pittsburgh Steelers. They have what it takes and there is not much doubt in my mind this Sunday it will happen.

Any thoughts?

FdaPats
12-04-2007, 12:06 PM
you guys will be the pats if you RUN RUN RUN. the blueprint is:

Run the ball. Their D is old and overrated.

no dumb penalties. avoid false starts on 2nd/3rd down and pass interference calls

no red zone turnovers. pats have the WORST red zone defense in the NFL. you have to score TDs when you get there

and keep them behind their 35 yard line on kickoff/punts

Rotorhead
12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Well as long as Troy and Holmes are back (I think we can use Troy to neutralize Welker) we should be able to pull it off. They are on a short week, just got punched in the mouth and we stepped it up last week on Def. No stupid turnovers and remain decent on ST we should make a game of it.

FourThreeMafia
12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Well as long as Troy and Holmes are back (I think we can use Troy to neutralize Welker) we should be able to pull it off. They are on a short week, just got punched in the mouth and we stepped it up last week on Def. No stupid turnovers and remain decent on ST we should make a game of it.

Id rather Troy switch out with Carter in certain situations. Troy is more of a liability in coverage than Carter. Hard to believe, but true. The Pats pass alot and do it well, and will eventually exploit Troy if he is in there all game.

Rotorhead
12-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Well I am assuming Troy will be used to cover Welker instead of his normal role of doing what he wants, the coaching staff have to see that our def is better when we have a traditional safety out there and not a freelancing safety

HometownGal
12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
you guys will be the pats if you RUN RUN RUN. the blueprint is:

Run the ball. Their D is old and overrated.

no dumb penalties. avoid false starts on 2nd/3rd down and pass interference calls

no red zone turnovers. pats have the WORST red zone defense in the NFL. you have to score TDs when you get there

and keep them behind their 35 yard line on kickoff/punts

Damned good game plan Fda! :thumbsup:

btw - love your avy! :toofunny:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Id rather Troy switch out with Carter in certain situations. Troy is more of a liability in coverage than Carter. Hard to believe, but true. The Pats pass alot and do it well, and will eventually exploit Troy if he is in there all game.Couldn't agree more.

PantsB
12-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Never wound what you can't kill.

If the Steelers play their best and the Pats play poorly like they have the last two weeks, it'll be a close game. Unfortunately for Steelers fans, the Steelers haven't played well in weeks or on the road. If they don't want to look like the Bills or Redskins, they better bring more to the table than they did against the Jets, Bengals or Dolphins.

OneForTheToe
12-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Id rather Troy switch out with Carter in certain situations. Troy is more of a liability in coverage than Carter. Hard to believe, but true. The Pats pass alot and do it well, and will eventually exploit Troy if he is in there all game.

Carter is not a better cover safety than Troy. Troy is over aggressive at times, as are the coaches when he is in there. Still, the idea that you should pull Troy in passing situations is silly. Gee, I wonder what Brady's reaction would be if we pulled Troy on passing downs? I'm guessing he would be more thrilled than on a night of trying to impregnate a Supermodel. By supermodel, of course, I mean Fabio. :wink02:

Troy seems to take the blame every time someone completes a pass these days. In fact, there are a lot of plays he catched up to to get in on a tackle where I don't think it was his coverage responsibility to begin with. I just think fans asume it was.

Rhee Rhee
12-04-2007, 02:46 PM
we'll need help and a lot of it from guys like deshea, ike bryant and a mistake free game from anthony that means NOOO STUPID PENALTIES!!!!!!!!!!!

stlrtruck
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
There are definitely a few tools that our coaches can take from the last two patria-cheats games and use to our advantage:

1) Hit Brady early and often, come to find out he doesn't like it
2) Hit Moss early and he won't play the rest of the game (I'll leave this one to one Mr. Anthony Smith)
3) Keep the pressure on Brady for 60 1/2 minutes, give him even a second too long and he'll find the open receiver or back
4) Play hardnose old school Steeler football - no showing off, no taunting, no gimmicks - when you hit someone, leave them on the ground and get back to the huddle - when you score a TD give the ball to the ref - when the game is over shake hands and hit the locker room
5) REPEAT IT ALL AGAIN IN JANUARY!!!!

Hines0wnz
12-04-2007, 04:24 PM
we'll need help and a lot of it from guys like deshea, ike bryant and a mistake free game from anthony that means NOOO STUPID PENALTIES!!!!!!!!!!!

It'd be nice to see McFadden get another pick this game.

steelpride12
12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
We need a perfect game from the offense defense and specials teams.
No penaltys is huge that seems to kill us alot(Anthony Smith), and just get to Brady and get in his face early and all game long!

fansince'76
12-04-2007, 08:01 PM

If the Steelers play their best and the Pats play poorly like they have the last two weeks, it'll be a close game. Unfortunately for Steelers fans, the Steelers haven't played well in weeks or on the road. If they don't want to look like the Bills or Redskins, they better bring more to the table than they did against the Jets, Bengals or Dolphins.

:coffee:

Yep, let's forget the fact that a journeyman scrub like AJ Feeley torched them for 345 yards and 3 TDs in their own backyard, or the fact that Kyle Boller outplayed Mr. Wonderful for the vast majority of the game last night. Yep, the Pats have no weaknesses themselves. They have also proven the old adage "it's sometimes better to be lucky than good" quite convincingly over the last 2 weeks.

HometownGal
12-04-2007, 08:05 PM

:yawn::coffee::yawn:

Elvis
12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02:
I am so tired of hearing this ... oh they have laid the blueprint on how to beat the Patriots!!... Who has done this? Now, maybe I am wrong but the Patriots are still at 12-0 right? Until someone comes up with more points than the Patriots at the end of the game... then No One Has A Blueprint To Beat Them.

HometownGal
12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02:
I am so tired of hearing this ... oh they have laid the blueprint on how to beat the Patriots!!... Who has done this? Now, maybe I am wrong but the Patriots are still at 12-0 right? Until someone comes up with more points than the Patriots at the end of the game... then No One Has A Blueprint To Beat Them.

The Eagles and the Rats made costly errors which opened the door for the Cheatsies to come from behind and win. The Steelers have a better D than either of those teams and imho, a better coaching staff.

Whether you're sick of hearing it or not . . .

The blueprint has been laid. The Pats are ripe for the picking.

geo123
12-04-2007, 11:21 PM
There are definitely a few tools that our coaches can take from the last two patria-cheats games and use to our advantage:

1) Hit Brady early and often, come to find out he doesn't like it
2) Hit Moss early and he won't play the rest of the game (I'll leave this one to one Mr. Anthony Smith)
3) Keep the pressure on Brady for 60 1/2 minutes, give him even a second too long and he'll find the open receiver or back
4) Play hardnose old school Steeler football - no showing off, no taunting, no gimmicks - when you hit someone, leave them on the ground and get back to the huddle - when you score a TD give the ball to the ref - when the game is over shake hands and hit the locker room
5) REPEAT IT ALL AGAIN IN JANUARY!!!!

Good points I agree with all!

OptionCoach
12-04-2007, 11:53 PM

Don't worry, we will. And if we can't, here's to taking a few of them with us

:tt02:

Edman
12-05-2007, 12:16 AM
As much as you Pats fans deny it, the Patriots are not unbeatable. Their weaknesses have been exposed for TWO consecutive weeks against inferior competition. Unlike the less-fortunate Steelers, they've gotten tons of breaks and managed to escape by the neck.

I smell fear...

Galax Steeler
12-05-2007, 05:13 AM
As much as you Pats fans deny it, the Patriots are not unbeatable. Their weaknesses have been exposed for TWO consecutive weeks against inferior competition. Unlike the less-fortunate Steelers, they've gotten tons of breaks and managed to escape by the neck.

I smell fear...

:sofunny::sofunny:

PantsB
12-05-2007, 10:27 AM
:coffee:

Yep, let's forget the fact that a journeyman scrub like AJ Feeley torched them for 345 yards and 3 TDs in their own backyard, or the fact that Kyle Boller outplayed Mr. Wonderful for the vast majority of the game last night. Yep, the Pats have no weaknesses themselves. They have also proven the old adage "it's sometimes better to be lucky than good" quite convincingly over the last 2 weeks.

Mmm hmmm.

The Steelers lost to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

Steelers have beaten two winning teams this year and lost to two losing and one .500 team. The Patriots have beaten two teams who already have 10 wins, and have lost to no one.

The Patriots have won 12 in a row. The Steelers have won two in a row.

Yes they've only won the last two by 3 points. Before the last four games, the Patriots had won every game by an average as big as the Steelers largest margin of victory. In the last four games, the Patriots have played the Colts in the RCA dome and three straight primetime games. The combined record of those teams are over 500. The Steelers last four opponents were 14-34 and Pittsburgh went 3-1 and only won one of those games by more than 3.

Whistle in the dark all you want. The Steelers will need to play out of their mind and the Patriots will need to have an off day for this one to be close.