PDA

View Full Version : What is Troy's status for Sunday?

Virginia Steeler
12-04-2007, 02:16 PM
I haven't heard or read anything. Anyone know?

Counselor
12-04-2007, 02:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone heard Tomlin's Press Conference and injury report too.

Rhee Rhee
12-04-2007, 02:41 PM
if we dont have him or santonio i highly doubt we'll win the game

alittlejazzbird
12-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Steelers hope Polamalu, Holmes and Smith will play Sunday
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Strong safety Troy Polamalu, wide receiver Santonio Holmes and left tackle Marvel Smith will all try to practice on a limited basis tomorrow, and the three could play Sunday against the undefeated Patriots, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.

Polamalu (knee), Holmes (ankle) and Smith (back) have missed the Steelers' last two games.

Najeh Davenport didn't play last Sunday night, and Tomlin said the running back has inflammation in his foot. Davenport is returning from former University of Miami teammate Sean Taylor's funeral today, and he will have tests done on his foot today, Tomlin said.

He is questionable for Sunday's game in New England.

Tomlin said Davenport may have hurt his foot while working out to shed some extra weight.

"All in all we're a healthy football team," Tomlin said.

As for the game against the 12-0 Patriots, Tomlin said, "If you're a competitor, you love those games, and I believe we have a lot of competitors."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/sports/steelers/s_541115.html

The Duke
12-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Steelers are fully loaded. Time to get advantage of that and beat the pats!

Just hope Troy isn't slowed down by his injury. the worst thing that could hapen against the pats is a problem with the secondary, that will definitely kill us

jjpro11
12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
that doesnt really say anything.. they had basically the same headline last week and the week before. i hope they play though.

Hines0wnz
12-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Troy and Marvel are the most important to get back for this the game. I love Holmes but his talent is outside the numbers and the Colts and Eagles showed how vulnerable the Patsies are to inside routes. As long as Hines, Cedrick, Heath, Spaeth and Nate? can catch the ball over the middle the passing game should be good. Troy is needed for stopping what little running game NE has and to help confuse Brady in the pass rush. Marvel..well, the O-line needs good depth and good players for this game.

19ward86
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
we really need at least 2 of the three back, have u noticed that nobody besides ward really catches anything when holmes is out.

klick81
12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Carter has done a great job of filling in for Troy, so if he's hurt, keep him out of the field.

At the end of the day, this game does not carry any more importance than any other regular season game. Why risk re-injuring Troy (or Holmes) if they're not ready to play?

TackleMeBen
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
i dont think tomlin would put troy out there if he thought he wasnt ready. but it would really help if troy could go and play. we need his hard hitting out there. and can someone please teach on of the linebackers the kimo method????? (i know that is mean, but i am SO sick of the brady love)

steelpride12
12-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Well lets not force them to play if there not 100% i would rather have them ready to play for the playoffs then in regular season where we know were going to the playoffs, and most likely winning the division!

lilyoder6
12-04-2007, 04:54 PM
i think smith just needs to lay moss the ---- out.. i want to see him crawl on the ground trying to get air..

The Duke
12-04-2007, 05:47 PM
i think smith just needs to lay moss the ---- out.. i want to see him crawl on the ground trying to get air..

beautuiful! :tt02:

SteelersJW
12-04-2007, 08:21 PM
They've gotta be back in. They've already missed two games!

Statik
12-04-2007, 09:03 PM
lol it's called the 'crawl n' crunch'

I give brady credit, he is good at what he does, but did you see the post game after the ravens? he's a bitch.

Couldn't agree with you more. He seems like a stuck up little rich boy that begs for the attention of everyone to worship the ground he walks on. I loved it after the Ravens game, even the reporters didn't seem to give a $h|t as to what he thought. I think he got about 3 questions and nobody was asking anything.

Counselor
12-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Troy and Marvel are the most important to get back for this the game. I love Holmes but his talent is outside the numbers and the Colts and Eagles showed how vulnerable the Patsies are to inside routes. As long as Hines, Cedrick, Heath, Spaeth and Nate? can catch the ball over the middle the passing game should be good. Troy is needed for stopping what little running game NE has and to help confuse Brady in the pass rush. Marvel..well, the O-line needs good depth and good players for this game.

See I disagree---I think Holmes is the biggest need. We need someone who can stretch the field AND catch the ball. If Holmes isn't in---the Pats will throw everything at taking Hines away, and it could be a very long afternoon.

Rotorhead
12-05-2007, 11:14 AM
If we don't have Holmes we can use Parker like the Iggles used Westbrook, catching out of the backfield in the open. The Pats LB's are not going to be able to stay with Parker so they are going to have to use a spy on him which will leave Ward 1-on-1. we definately have the weapons to keep up without Holmes, I would rather have him though. One thing Holmes brings is the ability to come back for the ball when coverage breaks down, since he has been out Ben has been getting sacked more, it was like he and Ben were on the same level and Ben would look for Holmes first when he started to scramble. When he did, Holmes "read his mind" and would alway get open right were Ben wanted him to.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-05-2007, 12:03 PM
See I disagree---I think Holmes is the biggest need. We need someone who can stretch the field AND catch the ball. If Holmes isn't in---the Pats will throw everything at taking Hines away, and it could be a very long afternoon.

Great point...the secret to beating the Pats is outlet passes and screens...and if you cant stretch the field.... that may not be possible.
We need Holmes.

TackleMeBen
12-05-2007, 12:13 PM
brady is getting too arrogant and i hope that it comes back to bite him in the rear...

RoethlisBURGHer
12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
I can't stand that arrogant prick Tom Brady. I hope he gets laid out in this game.