PDA

View Full Version : Declinability of Penalties

Counselor
12-04-2007, 01:47 PM
I saw it happen to the Steelers against the Dolphins and the Bengals, and I saw it happen to the Ravens last night. . . penalities against the offense for either delay of game or false start, which were called so late they did not stop the action of the play. The defenses made the stop, but because of the nature of the call the penalty was not declinable, gave the offense a second chance to convert---which they did.

This type of situation seems highly suspect to me. Why can't these calls be treat like a defensive offsides call---if you let the play go, then the other team can decline the penalty.

What does everyone else think?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-04-2007, 01:50 PM
I saw it happen to the Steelers against the Dolphins and the Bengals, and I saw it happen to the Ravens last night. . . penalities against the offense for either delay of game or false start, which were called so late they did not stop the action of the play. The defenses made the stop, but because of the nature of the call the penalty was not declinable, gave the offense a second chance to convert---which they did.

This type of situation seems highly suspect to me. Why can't these calls be treat like a defensive offsides call---if you let the play go, then the other team can decline the penalty.

What does everyone else think?

I am totally with you on that....We were having the same discussion her at the office today!

crcsnail
12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
i agree with u as well .good call yourself :)

RoethlisBURGHer
12-04-2007, 06:07 PM
I agree, all penalties should be able to be declined.