PDA

View Full Version : Why does Mark Madden hate the Steelers?

moedap
12-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I am not from Pittsburgh but I listen to his show on the espnradio.com. He seems to really hate the Steelers. Why? Isnt he from the area? He sounds like a guy who has been hurt by a girl!

slippy
12-04-2007, 05:25 PM
he is an idiot and should be ignored.

he gets ratings by stirring up controversy, not by an in depth discussion of the facts.

steelerbackr4life
12-04-2007, 05:34 PM
haters

BlastFurnace
12-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I've listened to him multiple times and I have never come away with the opinion that he hates the Steelers. I think he takes an objective look at them and points out their weaknesses and strengths.

I don't have a problem with Madden at all.

Stlrs4Life
12-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Him and Rush Limbaugh are the worst radio guys in the world. Both are nothing but fat pieces of _hit. Madden does like the Pens though.

revefsreleets
12-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Madden actually posts on another Steeler football board under a nomme de guerre. He's very articulate. He only posts when the Steelers lose or look bad when winning. It sends even the most measured and even-tempered posters into grand mal seizures.

Don't ever make the mistake that he's stupid. His position is coldly calculated to maximize fan reaction. He wants to be the guy everyone "loves to hate". His show is all about ratings. Both seem to be working.

cubanstogie
12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
never listened to Madden being from CA but Rush kicks ass!

ShutDown24
12-04-2007, 09:03 PM
He is a really smart guy and gets what he wants... But he definitely hates on the Steelers just to do it and get ratings...

A few things about him:

He coaches youth hockey and led a team to a world championship a few years ago I think...

Was on WWE (WWF at the time) as a commentator and actually got in the ring once or twice...

Ben Roethlisberger was his neighbor when Ben originally moved into town... Roethlisberger has since moved but Madden still brings it up a lot and Ben seems to be the one Steeler Mark Madden roots for...

You can find his home phone number on quite a few online phonebooks lol... I think he got it taken out of the print versions but if you want a laugh go ahead and look it up... He would be one hell of a fun guy to prank call...

He has gotten into quite a few verbal arguments with different personalities and sports writers around here like Bob Smizik, Jon Burton and Stan savron (He currentley does a radio post-game show for the Steelers with Savron, whos name I think I am spelling horribley wrong.)...

Madden was fired from a channel 4 sports show last year for calling DeShea Townsend or Ward a name I think... He blames it on the Rooneys and actually believes Dan Rooney called channel 4 and got him fired... That is where a lot of his hate for the team comes recently...

Anyone who has listened to the guy a little bit already knows that much but I figured I would give you some stuff on him just incase you were interested...

stillers4me
12-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Rush seems like a pretty smart guy.......he's a Steelers fan.

HometownGal
12-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Mark Madden hates everything that he can't eat. He's a miserable, fat porkchop who has the class of a doorknob. I've always believed he hates the Steelers and nothing I've read here or anywhere else will convince me otherwise. No matter how good the team has played in any given season, he finds something to B & M about.

I listen to his show only when I need a good laugh.

Hines0wnz
12-04-2007, 10:27 PM
hahaha.....who? :coffee:

ShutDown24
12-05-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't know if anyone is home between the hours of 10 am and 1 pm but if you are, I like Junker & Crowe a lot... They're very un-biased and seem like nice guys both on air and off the few times I have seen them in person... A great alternative to Madden at least... (Even though they are on the same air waves lol)

Rhee Rhee
12-05-2007, 04:23 PM
dude don't listen to him. onnly person worth listening to is dan patrick... does he still do radio?

Steeldude
12-05-2007, 10:17 PM
I am not from Pittsburgh but I listen to his show on the espnradio.com. He seems to really hate the Steelers. Why? Isnt he from the area? He sounds like a guy who has been hurt by a girl!

just because he recognizes the steelers' weaknesses does not make him a hater.

ShutDown24
12-05-2007, 10:59 PM
dude don't listen to him. onnly person worth listening to is dan patrick... does he still do radio?

Yeah not for ESPN though... He left for some big money to a station in LA... You can stream it live at DanPatrick.com... He left ESPN and everyone made a big deal over it but his show is pretty much the same - Phil the show-killer and Olberman... It airs 10 - noon I think... Mike Tirico took over his time sloto n ESPN Radio

bangpow
12-06-2007, 08:43 AM

Dan Patrick is the WORST sports radio host I have ever heard. Plus, he's not there most of the time.

HometownGal
12-06-2007, 08:47 AM
just because he recognizes the steelers' weaknesses does not make him a hater.

The only thing Mark Madden recognizes is a Triple Whopper with cheese.

My 7 year old grandson knows more about the Steelers and football than that classless buffoon.

bangpow
12-06-2007, 09:03 AM
I am not a Mark Madden fan, which sucks because I live in the Detroit area and sometimes I want to take a break from hearing about how bad the Lions suck on the Sports Radio airwaves. It seems that whenever I try to tune into some Pittsburgh sports talk radio, Madden is always one.

I've tried Bendel and Benz, or whatever, a couple times, but they never seem to be talking Steelers whenever I tune in.

4xSBChamps
12-06-2007, 10:31 AM

My 7 year old grandson knows more about the Steelers and football than that classless buffoon.

.....'classless-buffoons' everywhere are offended by that statement, and demand an immediate retraction!

Tankus_Maximus
12-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Jim Rome thinks the Steelers are going to beat the Pats.

Jungle Karma at it's finest.

memphissteelergirl
12-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Rush seems like a pretty smart guy.......he's a Steelers fan.

...and that's about the only good thing I can say about him.

Mark Madden hates everything that he can't eat. He's a miserable, fat porkchop who has the class of a doorknob.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :toofunny:

SteelersJW
12-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Fuk Mark Madden

Petesburgh66
12-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Was on WWE (WWF at the time) as a commentator and actually got in the ring once or twice...

It was actually WCW (before the WWE bought them out). I still remember Larry Zybisco's comment about Madden....basically the wrestlers were fighting near the WCW internet broadcast table that Madden was announcing. Zybisco's basically said he is the whole internet (well look at him and you get the picture). My brother and I both laughed hard at that gem by Larry.

I have listen to his show once online and that was enough. I don't know if was his time of the month but his attitiude towards the callers (i.e. I am the show and your nothing) was lame.

Preacher
12-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Him and Rush Limbaugh are the worst radio guys in the world. Both are nothing but fat pieces of _hit. Madden does like the Pens though.

With all do respect... Your about 15 years out of date on Rush...

And I would have to throw the entire Air America line up in there as well.

JackHammer
12-07-2007, 03:22 AM
Anybody who gets mad at Mark Madden should immediately realize that they're an idiot for doing exactly what Madden wants you to do. Besides that, he's actually really easy to talk to in person. Completely different than his on air persona.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-07-2007, 03:40 AM

Didn't hear his commentary but if he refers to the duct tape on the o-line then that doesn't make him anything but observant.

Obviously Air America is beyond your tuner. Franken is the worst thing in media until you tune into the last Nobel Peace Prize Awards Ceremony at Spago. Funny how the son of a tobacco multi-millionaire gets to ride shotgun in the Leer jet to convince a handful of unemployed hippies to help him stop anyone but him from polluting the planet.

:yawn: We are facing a shortage of grown-ups in the future.

memphissteelergirl
12-07-2007, 09:21 AM
With all do respect... Your about 15 years out of date on Rush...

And I would have to throw the entire Air America line up in there as well.

At least some of the Air America folks are funny....Rush is not even that....just sittin' on his fat behind b*tchin and moaning about everything....like any semi-inebriated (sp) schmuck you would see in a bar. But hey you got to give him credit....he's managed to make it very lucrative for him.

Hines0wnz
12-07-2007, 09:42 PM
No, seriously......who? :coffee:

Steeldude
12-08-2007, 05:55 AM

:sofunny: yeah, he is a little rotund

Mosca
12-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Madden actually posts on another Steeler football board under a nomme de guerre. He's very articulate. He only posts when the Steelers lose or look bad when winning. It sends even the most measured and even-tempered posters into grand mal seizures.

Don't ever make the mistake that he's stupid. His position is coldly calculated to maximize fan reaction. He wants to be the guy everyone "loves to hate". His show is all about ratings. Both seem to be working.

Rev, would that be Stillers.com? I think I see some resemblance in some of the opinions there.