PDA

View Full Version : Here's my sincere wish for Sunday

revefsreleets
12-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Win or lose, I have a little wish list for the Steelers performance Sunday.

A) Play hard for the whole game. I don't want to see this team not playing every down of the game like they have against some other lesser teams.
B) Play clean. Let the Patriots be the dirtbags. Hit hard, but keep it clean.
C) Play aggressive. If mistakes are made, let them be made from being too aggressive, not from being to complacent.
D) Execute. If the gameplan is to throw 95% of the time, then let's execute the gameplan to perfection. If we come out in a 2-4-5 defense, play it to perfection. No stupid penalties, no dumb mental errors, no blocking whiffs, and NO stupid turnovers.
E) Fundamentally solid coaching. I don't want to see red flags come out when they shouldn't, and vice versa, no weird timeouts, poor clock management. I don't want to see posts on here Monday morning about how Tomlin lost the game.
F) Finally, play with pride. No whining or smack talking. No bitching to the refs. We are on the road against a team with some stars. There will be calls against us. Just play through it and get it back the next play.

This may seem like a list of obvious things, but I'm reasonably sure that regardless of schemes or playcalls, if we can check these 6 things off the list Sunday, we will win this football game.

DACEB
12-05-2007, 10:29 AM
My wish list;

1. Hit Brady, HARD
2. Hit Moss, HARD
3. Win

TackleMeBen
12-05-2007, 10:57 AM
my wish is to make sure that ben knows what color jersey to throw the ball too:wink02:

atrus20
12-05-2007, 11:20 AM
My wish is to not let the Patriots get yet another lucky win because of dumb mistakes or bad officiating. Overall I want the Steelers to win but if the Pats do win I don't want it happen because the game was given to them.

bj03
12-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone,
My sincere wish for Sunday is that the Steelers play their best. If the football gods deem it is New England's year to go undefeated, then let it be because they had to beat the best.

vasteeler
12-05-2007, 12:22 PM
my wish.....play VIOLENT:tt02:

Steel_Bus_24
12-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Above all....BE PHYSICAL!!!

but as some have said.......in a smart way. No cheap penalties that let them stay on the field any longer then they should be.

And O-Line.....its time to grow a pair and step up and control that line of scrimmage

Win, Lose, or Draw I want the to see the Steelers sticking those mofos for the entire 60 minutes on both sides of the ball. Lets leave them the impression of PAIN!!

19ward86
12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
mine:

1. first play a reverse to ward pitch back to heath and throw to holmes4 a score, heath is an ex-QB

2.make tom brady harrisons b!%(#

3.parker run for a record 298 yards and 5 tds

4. win, while the begals lose browns lose and ravens win(play the colts)

these sound more like wishes than gameplans.

Dino 6 Rings
12-05-2007, 01:03 PM
My wish,

have a big enough lead in the 4th quarter that IF Brady gets the ball back with 2 minutes left, it means nothing. Be up by 2 scores with 2 minutes left. That's my wish.

Also, Special Teams show up to play. This is the type of game that can be decided by a blocked field goal, a punt return or an onsides kick.

Play hard, play smart, play together.

TackleMeBen
12-05-2007, 01:05 PM
mine:

:iagree: i want to see pretty boy tom get all dirty and nasty... too bad they couldnt have played in the mud at heinz field... :wink02:

bigj26o(scm 899)
12-05-2007, 01:53 PM
My wish for this sunday, hit hard, than hit harder, play smart & dont let the game come down to a bad call or stupid penalty, play with the pride only the steeler nation can.

:tt02: :tt02: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :cheers:

WisconsinSteelerMan
12-05-2007, 02:03 PM

A) Play hard for the whole game. I don't want to see this team not playing every down of the game like they have against some other lesser teams.
C) Play aggressive. If mistakes are made, let them be made from being too aggressive, not from being to complacent.
D) Execute. If the gameplan is to throw 95% of the time, then let's execute the gameplan to perfection. If we come out in a 2-4-5 defense, play it to perfection. No stupid penalties, no dumb mental errors, no blocking whiffs, and NO stupid turnovers.
E) Fundamentally solid coaching. I don't want to see red flags come out when they shouldn't, and vice versa, no weird timeouts, poor clock management. I don't want to see posts on here Monday morning about how Tomlin lost the game.
F) Finally, play with pride. No whining or smack talking. No bitching to the refs. We are on the road against a team with some stars. There will be calls against us. Just play through it and get it back the next play.

This may seem like a list of obvious things, but I'm reasonably sure that regardless of schemes or playcalls, if we can check these 6 things off the list Sunday, we will win this football game.

WELL Written, backwards SteelersFever (I finally figured out what your name spelled after looking at it and trying to sound it out for months!)...

My opinion is that if we do all the things you have listed in your wish list...

WE WIN going away...

Mike in La Crosse, WI

revefsreleets
12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
WELL Written, backwards SteelersFever (I finally figured out what your name spelled after looking at it and trying to sound it out for months!)...

My opinion is that if we do all the things you have listed in your wish list...

WE WIN going away...

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Ding ding ding! When staring at the proverbial blank white sheet of paper and nothing appears, just turn something backwards!

The_WARDen
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
My wish list;

1. Hit Brady, HARD
2. Hit Moss, HARD
3. Win

I concur!

:cheers:

iloveben7
12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
My wish is to just win, be physical and play smart. I want to see Brady get sacked!!

Edman
12-05-2007, 03:39 PM
All I want is an inspired effort by the Steelers. Get up for this game. I want them to fight the Patsies to the final gun win or lose. Hit Brady. Hit the recievers. Hit everybody.

I also want the playcalling to be aggressive. Play to win.

memphissteelergirl
12-05-2007, 04:02 PM
My wish list...

That there will be a good showing of Steeler fans there. And that they will be loud and proud...!

That the Steelers play STEELER FOOTBALL! Don't try to play the Pats' game! Run the ball on that old azz D and control the LOS on both sides (O-line PLEASE SHOW UP!)

Defense! All right, Smith! You have called out Moss in the press! Time to put up or STFU!

Special Teams....Reed and D-Sep have to BOOM IT! And down field coverage has to get better and soon!

Bottom line: Our guys have got to play as close to flawless as possible! And keep the score within a TD or FG...if the Pats get a 14+ lead...we can pretty much hang it up!

That is all...

Rhee Rhee
12-05-2007, 04:21 PM
all i care about is the win.. whether its 2-0 52-0 or 35-34 i just want the win... it doesn't matter to me... ending the streak for us will give us the momentum we need to seize the second seed... (thats what i think..)

Steelerstrength
12-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Crush this biatch!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb44/gauchostrength/CindyBrady1.jpg

steelpride12
12-05-2007, 04:24 PM
My wish is for the team to play there hearts out win or loss and prove the Pats are in trouble during th playoffs.
All so silly penaltys and no turnovers are key to beating the pats!
Play smashmouth Steeler football!

Rinkleroot
12-05-2007, 05:07 PM
I have one wish and thats for the Steelers to "Kill the Pats and Tom Brady."

ohiosteelerfan20
12-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I would love for the Steelers to win this game. But even if they lose, its the one in Jan. that matters to me. My one wish for this game can be summed up in one word :bash:PHYSICAL! More than anything, I just want them to pound these guys.I am not talking season ending injuries, but slight concushions,contusions, and cracked ribs for the Pats. :tt02:

Stillers33
12-05-2007, 09:57 PM
I just wanna see harrison wham glamor boy brady and harrison get in his face and also see dem stillers win

Stlrs4Life
12-05-2007, 10:28 PM

Totally agree. Add me to that list.

Davison_K
12-06-2007, 01:33 AM
my wish is to make sure that ben knows what color jersey to throw the ball too:wink02:

my wish is to know whether you like or don't like ben

ohh and for it to be a win... as i said in another post this is like my super bowl on sunday.

Steelman16
12-06-2007, 02:10 AM
My wish is that I could actually see this game, but unfortunately I'll be at a church event.

HometownGal
12-06-2007, 09:43 AM
My wishes . . .

Play 60 minutes of football.

Keep the pressure on Brady - no letting up. Steelers D - make sure he sees the whites of your eyes on every play.

Hit hard and often to try to force turnovers.

ST's - do your job. Can't allow A$$ Chin and his receiver tandem a short field.

No mindless penalties that negate good gains and most of all - NO TURNOVERS!!

An injury free game for the Steelers - win or lose, we're going to need everyone healthy down the stretch. :tt02::tt02:

klick81
12-06-2007, 02:46 PM
I'd like to see Brady sporting the hottest new fashion item for NFL quarterbacks: the #92 backpack!

SteelDogFan
12-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Plus margin on turnovers, with at least one Brady INT.

SteelersJW
12-06-2007, 10:38 PM
WELL SAID

.24lockdown
12-06-2007, 10:51 PM
mine:

1. first play a reverse to ward pitch back to heath and throw to holmes4 a score, heath is an ex-QB

3.parker run for a record 298 yards and 5 tds

4. win, while the begals lose browns lose and ravens win(play the colts)

these sound more like wishes than gameplans.

i like his:iagree:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2007, 10:51 PM
My wish is first defensive play for the Steelers.........Safety Blitz Anthony Smith and then Tom Brady will know who he is...lol

Sharkissle29
12-06-2007, 10:53 PM
My wish is first defensive play for the Steelers.........Safety Blitz Anthony Smith and then Tom Brady will know who he is...lol
haha my wish is for Anthony Smith to have the game of his life.

GBMelBlount
12-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Win or lose I want to see our Steelers play their hearts out.

Steelers
12-09-2007, 03:17 PM
My wish is that they play Steelers Football. By that, I don't mean we need to live or die by the running game, but that they play with heart, integrity, and intensity for 60 minutes. Leave nothing on the field.

revefsreleets
12-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Check for the first half. The defense conceded the second half

Eh. Harder hitting would have made me happier.

The fact that the Pats ran some trick plays tells a lot. The game meant more to them then it did to us. We WERE overaggressive on both the game turning trick plays (play action to Moss and the double lateral) I'll give this a check until the D laid down at the end

Failure. They failed to execute even in the first half

Players lost this one for sure

I don't know. Brady is a whiny bitch, there's no doubt, so that mitigates a little of the defenses nonsense at the end. I'd call this a tie. Still, the Steelers should have taken the higher road.

This Steelers team is getting better. This is the first game they lost this year that they should have lost, but they are showing more promise. The OL is improving weekly. The running game is getting back to where it needs to be. We played a pretty vanilla gameplan on both sides of the ball.

If we play the Pats again, I like our chances.

Sharkissle29
12-09-2007, 10:14 PM
haha my wish is for Anthony Smith to have the game of his life.

my wish couldnt have been farther off......LOL! :dang: