PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Smith guarantees victory

ShutDown24
12-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Ok - Channel 4 gave me a bad egg yesterday about Haynes (Which I apologize for) but has anyone heard this yet? Anythony Smith garunteed victory today for Sundays Steelers vs Patriots game... ESPN radio 1250 has been playing the quote for about a half hour now.

Steel_Bus_24
12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Safety Anthony Smith not only thinks the Steelers have a chance to beat the undefeated New England Patriots Sunday, he guarantees it.

"We're going to win,'' Smith said today after practice. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win.''

Smith, a hard-hitting free safety who replaced injured Ryan Clark as the starter midway through the season, said he's not worried about any motivation he might be giving the 12-0 Patriots with his words.

"Now we have our swagger back on defense and we're playing great ball and they're playing great on the offensive side, too,'' he said of the Steelers. "I think we have a real good chance to win the game and we will win the game.''

Not only that, he said while New England's receiving corps of Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth is good, it isn't as good as the one the Steelers played Sunday against the Bengals , featuring T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson and Chris Henry.

"I think we were facing great receivers last week too and we shut them down,'' Smith said. "Those three guys, I don't think it gets much better than Cincinnati's corps of receivers. We've already seen the best."

Smith added a little more lumber to the fire when he said New England's receivers haven't been hit the way they will be hit on Sunday.

"They said Baltimore was their most physical game but I think we hit harder than Baltimore, so they haven't seen nothing like us yet.

"They should be worried about us. We never worry about receivers. We're the ones doing the hitting. They have to run routes. We're attacking them, they're not really attacking us."

The_WARDen
12-05-2007, 03:45 PM
guarantees are like t*ts on a bull....useless!

ShutDown24
12-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Yay, it looks like I got something new right for once ;)

I personally like it...

James Farrior apparentley shook his head at the statement saying that it was "Just a young intense kids emotions"

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
:dang::dang::dang:

If true, this will not make the Patriots play any harder, but it sounds like a punk who basically has not yet accomplished squat in his career and enjoys hearing the sound of his own voice. I guess he was out clubbing when the Steelers lost 4 out of the last 5 games to the Pats.

Nothing like a week of pre-fight chatter to attract the attention of refs who already have flagged you repeatedly for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I have been down on his attitude since the drum major prancing in Charlotte last year after the INT and do not wear Black & Gold glasses where everything looks great as long as it is done by a Steeler.

Steel_Bus_24
12-05-2007, 03:53 PM
It won't be long before ESPN is airing it and spewing more propaganda for the PATS

Rotorhead
12-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Just what we need BB material for the Pats

alittlejazzbird
12-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Wish he wouldn't have done that. If we win, he looks like a brash, bold youngster who backed up his words. If we lose, we'll never hear the end of it, from the Pats and from the media.

The Duke
12-05-2007, 03:55 PM
:dang:

not cool anthony

but if he does back it up with his play on sunday it's ok

this ain't no bengals team! just shut up, play to win and beat the crap outta your opponent.

Steel_Bus_24
12-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Just what we need BB material for the Pats

I seriously think Bill BeliCHEAT has a team hunting and gathering for this stuff....and now they have found their nugget to use against the Steelers

MACH1
12-05-2007, 03:57 PM
guarantees are like t*ts on a bull....useless!

Or t*ts on a fish .......He needs to shut his yap and worry about the game.

jjpro11
12-05-2007, 03:58 PM
someone keep him from a F'n microphone. he is one of my favorite players on the team, but we just dont need this nonsense this week. thats 2 days in a row now where he spouted off about the upcoming game. i keep hearing you guys saying it wont motivate the pats to play any better sunday... maybe it wont, but why take the chance? that team already has the us vs the world attitude already and it has been working for them.

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Hate to say it, but maybe a silver lining to a Pats ass kicking would be to cause Smith to keep his yap shut in the future. If the Steelers do win Smith will be even more insufferable in the future.

Steel_Bus_24
12-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Here is the official story:

http://postgazette.com/pg/07339/839489-66.stm

Safety Anthony Smith not only thinks the Steelers have a chance to beat the undefeated New England Patriots Sunday, he guarantees it.

"We're going to win,'' Smith said today after practice. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win.''

Smith, a hard-hitting free safety who replaced injured Ryan Clark as the starter midway through the season, said he's not worried about any motivation he might be giving the 12-0 Patriots with his words.

"Now we have our swagger back on defense and we're playing great ball and they're playing great on the offensive side, too,'' he said of the Steelers. "I think we have a real good chance to win the game and we will win the game.''

Not only that, he said while New England's receiving corps of Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth is good, it isn't as good as the one the Steelers played Sunday against the Bengals , featuring T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson and Chris Henry.

"I think we were facing great receivers last week too and we shut them down,'' Smith said. "Those three guys, I don't think it gets much better than Cincinnati's corps of receivers. We've already seen the best."

Smith added a little more lumber to the fire when he said New England's receivers haven't been hit the way they will be hit on Sunday.

"They said Baltimore was their most physical game but I think we hit harder than Baltimore, so they haven't seen nothing like us yet.

"They should be worried about us. We never worry about receivers. We're the ones doing the hitting. They have to run routes. We're attacking them, they're not really attacking us."

Counselor
12-05-2007, 04:06 PM
I seriously think Bill BeliCHEAT has a team hunting and gathering for this stuff....and now they have found their nugget to use against the Steelers

They already had the Hines Ward and Tomlin comments on "spygate". I doubt this makes it any worse.

Steel_Bus_24
12-05-2007, 04:17 PM
ESPN will probably blow this out of proportion like always

Borski
12-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Ugh, I dont mind some smack, but I HATE "guaranteed wins"...well, Anthony, all I have to say is that you said it, now go and make it true.

Steel_Bus_24
12-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Ugh, I dont mind some smack, but I HATE "guaranteed wins"...well, Anthony, all I have to say is that you said it, now go and make it true.

Yeah seriously, this hardly ever goes good for the team who proclaims it

We better come to play

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2007, 04:23 PM
ESPN will probably blow this out of proportion like always

Unfortunately that is probably why he said it - Smith wants to achieve a lifelong dream of being mentioned on SportsCenter - he probably will record the story on his DVR and save it like a bride saving the video of her wedding

Steelman16
12-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Waalll, I reckon now we're in for it. He better do something worthy of his yappin', or else he might be feelin' it.

But really, how much can you place on what some young punk Safety says? Hopefully he's just trying to motivate himself.

HometownGal
12-05-2007, 04:25 PM
You talked the talk, Anthony. Now get out there on that field on Sunday afternoon and walk the walk. :thumbsup:

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Now the old folks among us know how it felt to be a Cowboys fan and cringe as Hollywood Henderson baited Bradshaw and the Steelers during SB XIII week - at least Henderson had the excuse of being a cokehead at the time.

ExtonSteelFan
12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
As long as he backs it up, I'm perfectly fine with what he says.

Infamix
12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
what the hell, this is exactly what we don't need against the patriots

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
As long as he backs it up, I'm perfectly fine with what he says.

Smith is writing checks that his teammates need to cash for him.

How a 6 week starter has become the voice of the team escapes me - I was not a big fan of the Peezey rants, but he had several years of top flight performances under his belt when he was talking trash during the 2005 playoffs

GBMelBlount
12-05-2007, 04:34 PM
This is great news! I was actually concerned about the Pat's game.....but now that a win is GUARANTEED I will definitely sleep better at night. And don't worry guys, this is not some crackpot like Namath, this is Anthony Smith!

Steelman16
12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Good article!

EDIT: Oops, meant to post in a different thread! :dang:

steelpride12
12-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Ha i love the confidence, but go out sunday, get all of the defense with you and back that saying up! :thumbsup:

Borski
12-05-2007, 04:42 PM
This is great news! I was actually concerned about the Pat's game.....but now that a win is GUARANTEED I will definitely sleep better at night. And don't worry guys, this is not some crackpot like Namath, this is Anthony Smith!

Good article!

EDIT: Oops, meant to post in a different thread! :dang:
HAHA these two made me crack up soo much!! :toofunny:

ExtonSteelFan
12-05-2007, 04:45 PM

How a 6 week starter has become the voice of the team escapes me - I was not a big fan of the Peezey rants, but he had several years of top flight performances under his belt when he was talking trash during the 2005 playoffs

I think these kind of press clippings make the game fun. I get pumped up to see the players jacked up for a game like this. I'm also going to pay extra attention to what Smith does on the field Sunday. See, To me, whether your a seasoned vet or not, guaranteeing a victory is just that - no matter who's mouth it comes from. I honestly don't think the rest of the players are loosing much sleep over what he said either...

Like I said, I really don't have much of a problem if he goes out and backs up his words. If he doesn't then he looks foolish.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Smith's comments are no different then Tom Brady running his mouth on how the Pats just want to destroy teams and blow them out....True Tom Brady has accomplished more things in his career then Anthony Smith....But those comments by Brady should have motivated every team that plays the Pats to at least smack them in the mouth....Most teams havn't but the Eagles and Ravens have the last two weeks.....They just didn't finish the job......

Sure Smith's antics and comments are annoying but at least he has confidence.....I'm glad he isn't scared or intimated.........I hope he also takes Randy Moss out....I don't care what these comments sound like.....I don't like to see players get hurt...But when it comes to Moss I have no respect for the guy who quit on his team the last two years in Oakland....Randy Moss is a punk and really doesn't deserve to win a ring.....

Edman
12-05-2007, 05:39 PM
There goes our shot at victory.:dang:

Sorry Anthony, but I'm going to have to call you out on this one. That was a pretty stupid thing to say. We have our new "mouth" to replace Joey Porter, and it's Anthony Smith. Stupid, Anthony... just stupid. Now you BETTER show up and back those comments, dude.

Still, very, VERY boneheaded. :banging:

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2007, 05:39 PM
True Tom Brady has accomplished more things in his career then Anthony Smith

Nah

Tom Brady - Super Bowl championships - 3

Anthony Smith - career interceptions - 3

tony hipchest
12-05-2007, 05:54 PM

How a 6 week starter has become the voice of the team escapes me - I was not a big fan of the Peezey rants, but he had several years of top flight performances under his belt when he was talking trash during the 2005 playoffstomlin has admitted that he is not a micro manager. best recent example is him not telling parker to lose the rubber sleeves in the rain (as opposed to ben and cowher buttin heads over the bionic glove).

on the flipside is belichick who gives each of the 53 players a personalized script of things they can and cannot say. im curious where tomlin really stands on his player addressing the pats 2 days in a row. my bet is the rookie coach is too busy to follow the media and what his players are saying to it.

however, i do think cowher secretly got off on porter and his remarks. i saw this in the vid clip of him and dungy talking about porters remarks before the 05 champ game. he was as proud as proud can be. i always thought lloyd and porter were the type of players cowher always dreamed of being.

if the steelers lose, i can see smith headlining tomlins monday edition of the news. they may take some of that famous "humble pie" on the plane and back to pittsburgh.

i guess thats ok if it isnt the "bostonbrady cream pie" the media has been gulping.

on a sidenote, larry foote looks like he wants to punch somebody when he is interviewed about the patriots and talking about how good their players are. he must be biting his tongue. :chuckle:

ShutDown24
12-05-2007, 05:56 PM
So what nay-sayers (Hines referance lol)? Smith is confident and shows it. I have no problem with that. If there is any doubt in you're mind that you aren't going to win every Sunday you most likely don't belong in the league.

BTW: Thanks to whoever fixed my spelling error in the title ;)

Borski
12-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Nah

Tom Brady - Super Bowl championships - 3

Anthony Smith - career interceptions - 3

yeah, I dont think Tom a caught a single INT, ever! Smith is defiantly better!

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2007, 06:06 PM
tomlin has admitted that he is not a micro manager. best recent example is him not telling parker to lose the rubber sleeves in the rain (as opposed to ben and cowher buttin heads over the bionic glove).

my bet is the rookie coach is too busy to follow the media and what his players are saying to it. :

Tomlin may not be a micro-manager but I bet with his attention to detail he knows what is being said.

I recall during the week of the Arizona game when Ben was talking to everyone about how much better life was under Arians than Whiz that Tomlin told Ben to cool it. Then Whiz & the Cards won the game & Ben's comments have been much more muted since then.

Whether Smith will tone it down remains to be seen - getting his ass chewed by LeBeau after the prancing INT did not take so who knows what will.

iupdauber
12-05-2007, 06:26 PM
So what nay-sayers (Hines referance lol)? Smith is confident and shows it. I have no problem with that. If there is any doubt in you're mind that you aren't going to win every Sunday you most likely don't belong in the league.

Agreed. But at the same time, there is definately a difference between being confident and over-confident.

PINDEL1
12-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Steelers were not ready to play in the 1st half against Denver. They were slow to recognize the up tempo game by the Broncos. They picked up the pace in the 2nd half but they were beaten by a team that is going no where this year. To lose to the Jets....... and in that manner was really ugly.
Offensive line has played better the past 2 weeks. Before those problems it was the special teams failures. Each week something else pops up.
They will have to play a no turnover, a reduced number of stupid penalties and fumbles and in general a high quality game against the Patriots to win. I have not seen such a game by them yet this year.
Other than James Harrison and Anthony Smith (hits) no one really jumps out consistently on my tv screen. Any other young diamonds in the rough to get excited about? <I do not see them.

I will say this .......and I said it early in the year before the stats proved me to be coreect .......this is the best secondary I have ever seen by the Steelers in the last 15 to 20 years and we are deep and I mean every single one of them.
I have a thumbs down on several of Tomlins personnel decisions so far. Noll gave us Hall of Famers. Cowher gave us plenty of Pro Bowlers (sure would like to know how many plus the inclusion of guys like Chris Hope, Randle El, Vrable and Burress that were coaxed away for some $$$$. I only saw Cowher extend contracts for Pro-Bolwers only. Mahan and Simmons do not meet that criteria. This years draft still needs some time to develop right now Woodley and Gay jump out of the tv screen for sure. Team is going downhill unless Timmons can bring in Pro Bowler types. IMO he is off to a rather slow start.

I like the guy and I was impressed as hell in his first presentation to the media with his head coach announcement with the Gold tie and black suit.
A spoiled Steeler fan......I asked Bouchette what current NFL team has spent the longest tenure out of its division cellar for the longest time. No ans yet.

ShutDown24
12-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Steelers were not ready to play in the 1st half against Denver. They were slow to recognize the up tempo game by the Broncos. They picked up the pace in the 2nd half but they were beaten by a team that is going no where this year. To lose to the Jets....... and in that manner was really ugly.
Offensive line has played better the past 2 weeks. Before those problems it was the special teams failures. Each week something else pops up.
They will have to play a no turnover, a reduced number of stupid penalties and fumbles and in general a high quality game against the Patriots to win. I have not seen such a game by them yet this year.
Other than James Harrison and Anthony Smith (hits) no one really jumps out consistently on my tv screen. Any other young diamonds in the rough to get excited about? <I do not see them.

I will say this .......and I said it early in the year before the stats proved me to be coreect .......this is the best secondary I have ever seen by the Steelers in the last 15 to 20 years and we are deep and I mean every single one of them.
I have a thumbs down on several of Tomlins personnel decisions so far. Noll gave us Hall of Famers. Cowher gave us plenty of Pro Bowlers (sure would like to know how many plus the inclusion of guys like Chris Hope, Randle El, Vrable and Burress that were coaxed away for some $$$$. I only saw Cowher extend contracts for Pro-Bolwers only. Mahan and Simmons do not meet that criteria. This years draft still needs some time to develop right now Woodley and Gay jump out of the tv screen for sure. Team is going downhill unless Timmons can bring in Pro Bowler types. IMO he is off to a rather slow start.

I like the guy and I was impressed as hell in his first presentation to the media with his head coach announcement with the Gold tie and black suit.
A spoiled Steeler fan......I asked Bouchette what current NFL team has spent the longest tenure out of its division cellar for the longest time. No ans yet.

I have a few things to complain about as a fan too but 9 - 3 is a good enough answer for all of them. Anytime a first year coach has a record like that with a team that went .500 the year before (No matter what that team did prior that) iti s a very good sign.

cubanstogie
12-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I haven't read all the posts on this thread yet so forgive me if it has been mentioned, I recall a couple of days ago a post about missing Porter and the Defense lacking a swagger and so forth. Isn't this exactly what Porter would do. I personally like it, although it won't change the outcome of the game. It could fire up his teammates and give them some additional incentive. They shouldn't need it, but we all know our beloved Steelers have come out flat on occasion. In a game this voilent it's good to light a fire under some ass. Plus the patriot receivers are already thinking twice about going over the middle and they haven't even been hit yet. I can't wait for this game.

cubanstogie
12-05-2007, 07:09 PM

Is your glass always half empty?

GBMelBlount
12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Is your glass always half empty?

Ha! That's what my wife always tells me. But I am just very critical because I care. I always want the Steelers to be better. Even when they are 9-3. If you look at the best coaches & players they tend to never be satisfied. I bet if we do 99% right & kick some Pat's tail on Sunday, Tomlin will still focus on that 1% that we did wrong to help ensure we continue to improve.

Dino 6 Rings
12-05-2007, 07:29 PM
You know what...EF the Pats...if our young guys want to talk smack, let em, he'll need to back it up. And if the Pats needed fuel or "bullentin board" quotes to get up for this game, Shame on them. Their slow ass defense is going to get brutilized and their receivers are going to get smacked in the mouth.

So Ef it...lets go out and BE VIOLENT!

PINDEL1
12-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Anthony Smith needs to crawl back in the woodwork. He is embarrassing himself and the team with his mouth. The Patriots are laughing at that guy. He is ripe for an unsportman conduct flag like he has gotten in other games this year. He needs to concentrate on playing football and let his actions speak on Sunday not his mouth on Wednesday. He is not a leader/captain or spokesman for the team. When he earns Pro Bowl status then I would like to hear from him. Until then he is out of line ....<<that is he needs to go to the end of the line and speak after each and every current Steeler Pro Bowlers have spoken. If they do not speak then that is his cue to shut up.

Right now he is a nobody and will continue to be one until his actions deem otherwise. Right now put him in the Jeremy Stephens and Chad Johnson category as loud mouth hot dogs.

Dino 6 Rings
12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Let him talk, screw it, why show fear.

I walked right up to the Devil the other day and pissed on his shoes and spit in his eye. Then I punched him in the forehead so he would remember my name. Ef it. Lets just go up there and lay a smack down on these dogs.

YEAH. NOW I'M FIRED UP!!!

cubanstogie
12-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Anthony Smith needs to crawl back in the woodwork. He is embarrassing himself and the team with his mouth. The Patriots are laughing at that guy. He is ripe for an unsportman conduct flag like he has gotten in other games this year. He needs to concentrate on playing football and let his actions speak on Sunday not his mouth on Wednesday. He is not a leader/captain or spokesman for the team. When he earns Pro Bowl status then I would like to hear from him. Until then he is out of line ....<<that is he needs to go to the end of the line and speak after each and every current Steeler Pro Bowlers have spoken. If they do not speak then that is his cue to shut up.

Right now he is a nobody and will continue to be one until his actions deem otherwise. Right now put him in the Jeremy Stephens and Chad Johnson category as loud mouth hot dogs.

I respectfully disagree although I get your point. My argument is the guy plays for the #1 Defense in the league and that allows him some leeway. Its not like some DB from the Bengals or Lions. Steelers shut down the Bengals big 3 and would probably like some respect instead of hearing how good the Pats are. Some guys are trash talkers and you cant change them. I would rather him talk trash than pick up 15 yard penalties.

#1LambertFan
12-05-2007, 07:55 PM
You know what...EF the Pats...if our young guys want to talk smack, let em, he'll need to back it up. And if the Pats needed fuel or "bullentin board" quotes to get up for this game, Shame on them. Their slow ass defense is going to get brutilized and their receivers are going to get smacked in the mouth.

So Ef it...lets go out and BE VIOLENT!

If Santonio is covered by any less than 2 people at any point it will most likely be for big yardage. If they forget about Parker you can bet we get a good 10 yards. You can always count on Ward to be the guy to get the first. Big Ben rises to the occasion in big games. Heath loves to lay unsuspecting guys on their backs and will get the pass to the inside. Now that leaves O-line. They need something. They did good against the Dolphins and great against the Bengals. I think that the mud must have done something too. Since that game iv'e seen the entire line block agressively and that is the key to success with the Steelers as you may have heard Tomlin say 1,000,000 times. BE MEAN. BE AGGRESSIVE. We certainly wan't a big lead going into the fourth because of Tom Brady's amazing ability to get just enough help from refs to get the 4th quarter comebacks. Visit any Patriot fan you know. They are all in fear of what Pittsburgh will do to their beloved team. It is time for us to silence the league and show them that we are better than our record may show!

P.S. to anyone going to the game make sure to be as loud as you can when the Pats offense is on the field. I can't make it so be loud enough for me. (trust me thats loud). I say f*** the Seahawks and their 12th man, the Steelers are gonna have a 13th man this game.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-05-2007, 08:00 PM
I'd rather have him gauranteeing victory than saying:

"The Pats are good."

"The Patriots are the best team in football."

"Randy Moss us unstoppable."

"There is no stoping Tom Brady."

Eff that stuff. Be brash, be bold. Just be ready to back it up on Sunday,

Eff the Patriots, eff Tom Brady, eff Randy Moss, and most definatly eff Bill Bellicheat.

Elvis
12-05-2007, 08:03 PM
:jawdrop: Why did I know this was gonna happen? This is gonna be fuel on the fire that I honestly think that the Steelers wont be able to put out. The teams that we have beaten probably all have losing records except the Browns Seahawks. Yeh... we have the number 1 defense in the league, but we havent played that many good offenses either. Do I think that the Steelers are gonna win sunday?....
No... I think that this game be a measuring stick for the Steelers and it will tell us just where our Steelers stand.
How Many People Remember How Ben Talked About The Colts 3 Years Ago Before We Went There And Beat Them... I Do!!

stillers4me
12-05-2007, 08:13 PM

"The Pats are good."

Eff the Patriots, eff Tom Brady, eff Randy Moss, and most definatly eff Bill Bellicheat.

I agree!! Carson and his stooges admitted the Patriots were "scary". I think Ben was being sarcastic when he said, "They're good. I talk about Tom Brady, too."

Anthony Smith won my heart when he knocked out Chad's grills........this kid will give everything he's got to back up his mouth.

IslandSteeler
12-05-2007, 08:37 PM
The guarantee question is just a stupid press trick. So what if Smith fell for it. I think all of the Steelers should be saying they're going to win. It's not like the Steelers are going to sneak up on the Patriots by acting like a bunch of pansies.

I hate all of the ego stroking that goes on these days by both players and coaches.

Besides, when the game starts, none of the pregame hype or who said what matters, just who's tougher and who wants it more.

And if the Steelers do lose, it's not going to because of some soundbyte by anthony smith, but I do hope that Anthony Smith and the rest of the team lays some mean hits, so they know they played the Steelers.

Jim Schue
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I see the point that the team is missing the swagger Porter brought, but there's a time and place for it and this ain't it. The Pats have been sleeping a bit the past couple weeks, and daddy always said let sleeping dogs lie.

Stlrs4Life
12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Oh boy......................

Glace
12-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Man...You guys disappoint me.

No, I don't like "Guaranteeing wins" either....but our team has been BEGGING for an emotional leader....Anthony Smith, albeit inexperienced, steps up and looks for some fire....and you guys are bashing him as some punk kid.

I welcome some trash talking. We not only need a flawless performance...we need pure fire in the eyes and hearts of our players.

ShutDown24
12-05-2007, 10:06 PM

No, I don't like "Guaranteeing wins" either....but our team has been BEGGING for an emotional leader....Anthony Smith, albeit inexperienced, steps up and looks for some fire....and you guys are bashing him as some punk kid.

I welcome some trash talking. We not only need a flawless performance...we need pure fire in the eyes and hearts of our players.

I agree immensley.

Davison_K
12-06-2007, 12:04 AM
*shakes head in disbelief* shit.

this pretty much sucks... not smart to guarantee a win no matter who you are playing...

Steel Pit
12-06-2007, 05:28 AM
I don't condone those type of statements BUT, now that it's been reported, WHO CARES? I echo his sentiments.

I hope the Patriots do use it for bulletin board material. I hope that the Patriots come out of the their tunnel as CRANKED UP AS EVER! This way the stupid freaking media, who sound off as if the Patriots are supernatural, won't be able to say that the Patriots lost because they brought their "C Game".

Come on Steelers fans! You all KNOW that we're going to win this game. A little c ockiness prior to kicking that Patriots A$$ won't hurt a bit.

Steelers 34
Patriots 17

bozz723
12-06-2007, 07:04 AM
You know I was mad at first to hear this but...

**** the Patriots. You think they will play any different because of a quote?

Again, **** them, they are finally playing a complete team.

RunWillieRun
12-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Who the **** cares?

As long has he backs it up on the field I say good for him!

Btw, Mike and Mike on ESPN2 are having a big segment on it....

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 07:13 AM

You do not crown yourself the emotional leader of the team after becoming a starter in mid-season only because someone gets hurt. Ben was expected to step up given the role of the QB - safety is another matter.

Think James Farrior believes the Steelers need emotional leadership from Smith?

"He has to keep his mouth shut," Farrior said.

"But you know, he's a guy who hasn't been around the league too long so I don't even know if he's even qualified to say something like that. I don't know if they'll pay that any attention."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07340/839593-66.stm

Smith is the producer, star, writer, and director of his own movie. If the comments on Atlanta sports talk this morning are any indication, he is perceived to be a clown and will be a complete joke if the Steelers lose big on Sunday

I live and die for the Steelers on Sundays but if it takes Smith getting his ass kicked to get him to STFU that may not be a totally bad thing.

He simply comes across as ignorant when you listen to the audio - he got baited and did not have the sense to stop talking. As one commentator said this morning, if Smith wants to claim, based on his close study of the matter, that the Pats receivers are not as good as the Bengals it would help to get the names right - it is "Welker" not "Walker."

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 07:17 AM
Who the **** cares?

Btw, Mike and Mike on ESPN2 are having a big segment on it....

That is the problem - nobody should care.

But it is getting nationwide pub, which IMO is why Smith said it - not to fire up the team but to draw attention to himself. Smith would set his hair on fire if he thought it would get him mentioned on SportsCenter.

To use a cliche, there is no I in team but there definitely is one in Smith.

jd2
12-06-2007, 07:57 AM

"The Pats are good."

I agree with you. I am so tired of every one slurping the Pats I want to puke.
Now go out and kick some @ss.:tt02:

STEELtownHAVOX
12-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Thank you Anthony, really, thanks!! Now lets take those words and go beat them Bit*hes!!!

bangpow
12-06-2007, 08:14 AM
"He has to keep his mouth shut," Farrior said.

"But you know, he's a guy who hasn't been around the league too long so I don't even know if he's even qualified to say something like that. I don't know if they'll pay that any attention."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07340/839593-66.stm

It's also worth mentioned in this article on CNNSI.com that Farrior wasn't angry....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...s.ap/index.html

"He better keep his mouth shut," Farrior said, though he was laughing and wasn't angry at his teammate. "Oh well, I guess we've got to go deal with that."

SteelersMongol
12-06-2007, 08:19 AM
I haven't heard anything about the Cheatriots accepting us the great team and whatnots. In fact what I heard is Bellicheat actually sent his players home and gave them day off instead of focusing on upcoming game. Is that mean they're overconfident? To me it is. So they're not gonna get fired up because of Smith's comments.

... Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, asked by Fox Sports Radio about the comments, answered, "Who was it?'

Told it was Smith, Harrison said, "Never heard of him..."

So maybe that boy was excited. Maybe he learned what Peezy was like 4 us after the Dolphins game. Maybe he said it 2 fire us up. I don't mind. It would teach him a lesson or 2, whether we win or lose.

X-Terminator
12-06-2007, 08:42 AM
This is exactly the kind of stuff I don't like, and feared would happen this week. I don't care if you talk trash on the field or in the locker room, but keep it out of the frickin' media. I didn't think we were going to beat the Pats to begin with...we're probably going to get hammered now.

Thanks Anthony! :dang:

Michael Keller
12-06-2007, 09:00 AM
I watched and more importantly heard the video when Smith talked about the up comming game . I will paraphrase . "We got a great defense they have a great offense, I feel good about our chances , I think we will win the game ' Reporter sticks a mike in his mouth and says"so you say your going to win the game . Smith says 'Yeah we are going to win. Reporter says you guarantee your going to win. Smith replies/ "Yeah were going to win. Smith in the video I saw never used the word guarantee . If this video I watched is all there is then Smith in my mind was not at all arrogant but just confident.

Personally I love Anthony Smith and his toughness and this bulletin board fear is meaningless.

The Steelers will win or lose on the field and all the hype and concern over how this will jack up the Patriots is basically meaningless. Granted Smith makes some mistakes on the field , I know that but I strongly believe Anthony Smith is the kinda Steeler we need. I am not going to live in fear of mental toughness. When I see Smith or any other Steeler playing like the stupid Ravens or the Chargers aainst the Patriots in last year's play off game I will then be up set. I believe Tomlin has this team under control and Smith is my kinda player.

i think we need to be worried about Davenport not Smith. We need him to get his act together and be a factor Sunday and for the play offs. Parker is part of the answer but not the entire answer to our running attack..

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2007, 09:00 AM
I gaurenttee

If we score more than they do, we'll win.

That's a fact.

WisconsinSteelerMan
12-06-2007, 09:07 AM
I gaurenttee

That's a fact.

BRILLIANT!!! Now pass me a Guiness!!! :cheers:

Mike in La Crosse, WI

ShutDown24
12-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I gaurenttee

That's a fact.

Yep, to quote John Madden "The team who scores the most points usually wins."

The_WARDen
12-06-2007, 09:48 AM
If they score less than we do, we win also! So, there's 2 ways we can win!

Steel_Bus_24
12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Skip Bayless just said we don't have physical corners.....what a crock

Of course we aren't going to bump an run them as much when we run our zone Blitz packages. But Our Corners are as nasty as any teams in man coverage.

Preacher
12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
You talked the talk, Anthony. Now get out there on that field on Sunday afternoon and walk the walk. :thumbsup:

Thank you...

And it seems to me that the beloved Joey Porter used to do the same type of thing.... calling other teams soft, overrated, etc. We were looking for a vocal leader. Looks like we got one.

And honestly... I think this kid hits harder then Joey ever did.

Preacher
12-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Skip Bayless just said we don't have physical corners.....what a crock

Of course we aren't going to bump an run them as much when we run our zone Blitz packages. But Our Corners are as nasty as any teams in man coverage.

We don't. We have physical safeties. Our Corners play coverage and our safeties play wrecking ball. it is a nice combination.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Thank you...

And it seems to me that the beloved Joey Porter used to do the same type of thing.... calling other teams soft, overrated, etc. We were looking for a vocal leader. Looks like we got one.

Porter had walked the walk of Pro Bowl level performances before he talked the talk in 2005 and was acknowledged to be the emotional leader of the D - big difference

WTF has Smith accomplished to be the leader of anything on this team?

Stu Pidasso
12-06-2007, 10:16 AM
I work with Anthony's brother here in Ohio. He's a ****y ass, living through his brother.

If Smith wants to guarantee a win, he better produce.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I work with Anthony's brother here in Ohio. He's a ****y ass, living through his brother.

If Smith wants to guarantee a win, he better produce.

Does his brother pound his chest for such accomplishments as showing up for work, talk trash to employes of other companies and "guarantee" he will do his job?:smile:

jjpro11
12-06-2007, 10:54 AM
after seeing the interview, i realize it wasnt as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. the reporter was putting words in his mouth and leading him into saying it. wtf was he supposed to answer when the reporter kept asking him "are you going to win?"... F*CK the pats and their pathetic fans. i can tell you this much already.. this team is in no way intimidated by them.

the patriots had that prime mike tyson effect on most teams this year. meaning guys that were going to fight mike feared him before they got into the ring... teams that got blown out by the pats were afraid of them before they took the field. if you come into the fight or game with a "dont give a f*ck" attitude ala buster douglass, you've got a good chance of winning because you've already accomplished what most fighters or teams couldn't.

revefsreleets
12-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Ewwwww. Skip Bayless? He hates the Steelers with a passion. He has his head shoved so far up the Cowboys ass he could give you an accurate count of how many anal warts the team has collectively.

TackleMeBen
12-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Ewwwww. Skip Bayless? He hates the Steelers with a passion. He has his head shoved so far up the Cowboys ass he could give you an accurate count of how many anal warts the team has collectively.

and i thought i was the only one that thought bayless had a man crush on romo? half the time bayless just talks to hear himself talk. he cant even hold his own in a debate about sport issues.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Its all about a 10th win on the season. and maybe if we'd have talked a little fire and brimstone before a couple of our other games we wouldn't have started off flat from the get go. Get out there, play smart, hit hard and win the fcking game.

That's it. Just lay it out on the line, and hurt them so badly, they aren't even around come January...

Stu Pidasso
12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Does his brother pound his chest for such accomplishments as showing up for work, talk trash to employes of other companies and "guarantee" he will do his job?:smile:

Actually, yes. He's a middle management type. He thrives on watching people squirm, always talks himself up, and writes people up for no reason. He's not very well liked. And he's twice the size of Anthony.

klick81
12-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Dammit Smith. Now he BETTER back his shit up.

jjpro11
12-06-2007, 12:58 PM
i really hope smith has a great game and makes everyone eat their words about saying he is a nobody. everyone in the afc north knows who he is. the rest of the league is in the process of finding out.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I think its a good thing....
Smith is a hard hitter...........If he wants to talk trash.......AND keeps hitting hard.
As long as he can back it up!

alittlejazzbird
12-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Round 2 - my favorite quote is in bold (take THAT, Randy Moss):

Steelers' Smith won't back down
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 6, 2007

A day after he guaranteed the Steelers would beat the Patriots Sunday free safety Anthony Smith didn't back down from his comments.

When asked if what he said Tuesday made him a target for a New England wide receiver looking to lay him out with a vicious block, Smith said, "I don't think they have guys like that so that's not something I worry about."

As for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady going after him on passing plays, Smith said, "I hope they do. I haven't been getting a lot of action so hopefully I get a chance to make some big plays, and if the receivers come after to me I welcome it."

Smith's comments Tuesday were not welcome by all of the Steelers.

Coach Mike Tomlin talked to Smith about not speaking for himself and nose tackle Chris Hoke said several of the veteran players spoke with Smith as well.

As for what Smith's guarantee, Hoke, who found out about it Wednesday night while watching TV with his son, said, "I would never do that."

Smith said he did it because he was merely saying what he believed.

"We've been having a good week of practice," Smith said. "Everybody's focused and we're going to get a victory. That's just the way I felt."

The Patriots' reaction to Smith's guarantee has been mixed.

When asked about it Wes Welker said, "I don't know...one of those deals that kind of gets blown out of proportion. We have to make sure that we do what we need to do and not worry about the other stuff."

Another Patriots wide receiver, Jabar Gaffney, said Smith's comments constitute bulletin-board material that New England can use to its advantage.

"Yeah, yeah, definitely," Gaffney said, "guaranteeing victory in our home."

And if the Steelers do beat the Patriots?

"I could look like a mind reader or a fortune-teller or something like that," Smith said with a smile. "I know the offense is going to put up some points and the defense, we've just got to eliminate the big plays."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/sports/steelers/s_541497.html

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
i really hope smith has a great game and makes everyone eat their words about saying he is a nobody. everyone in the afc north knows who he is. the rest of the league is in the process of finding out.

I hope he has a great game too but only because I want the Steelers to win - the only upside of a Pats butt whuppin will be to watch Smith get grilled after the game and hopefully learn the hard way to let his performance on the field speak for him.

Smith may become a great player someday but at this point he is a legend only in his own mind. At this point he is a nobody who is not satisfied with letting his performance establish at some future date he is a somebody - he would not even be starting except for injuries.

In closing, he did not say he would have a great game - he said his team would win.
Guaranteeing someone else's performance is not his job.

TackleMeBen
12-06-2007, 01:17 PM
i am not happy about what smith said. but why is it that brady could say yeah we want to kill every team and its not blown up in the media, but a steeler makes a comment its the worse thing that could happen.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 01:23 PM
i am not happy about what smith said. but why is it that brady could say yeah we want to kill every team and its not blown up in the media, but a steeler makes a comment its the worse thing that could happen.

3 rings

Counselor
12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Thank you...

Not to mention Smith's other "prediction" this year did come true. He told Chad Johnson to "hold on to his teeth". Unfortunately Chad didn't listen and he knocked them out.

I'm willing to give Smith the benefit (besides---his gurantee is we'll win if we do everything right----hardly "calling his shot") . This is not the type of game where bulliten board material will make a difference, anyway. Both teams are up for this one.

cubanstogie
12-06-2007, 01:36 PM
3 rings

tainted rings, Patriots have lost a respect in my book as well as others. Obviously in
Smiths too. Screw the Patsies this has no effect on there game plan. This is football not golf for christ sakes.

alittlejazzbird
12-06-2007, 01:43 PM
This is football not golf for christ sakes.

And even if it were golf...this would be like Zach Johnson guaranteeing a win over Tiger Woods. Tiger would just roll his eyes and say "whatever you say, young man....."

To quote our (apparently) fearless leader, it is what it is, and the Patriots' story is their story, not ours. None of this stuff will mean diddly once Sunday afternoon arrives. Then we'll see what we're made of.

SteelDogFan
12-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Seriously guarantying a win in the NFL is ridiculous and guarantying a win against a team that the whole NFL knows does not need any incentive in play football doesn't make sense.

This team is awesome and everyone knows it. The Steelers are going to have to play a great game and they know it, especially the Veterans. Thats why so many have come out and said they talked to him. Even Tomlin talked to him. Which means it was not a good idea to put that on their bulletin board.

I do appreciate his confidence and the swagger he may be trying to have when he enters the game. I also appreciate the fact that he probably plans to hit someone in the mouth. But again I say the Steelers need Every little thing that can to go in their favor.

The Pats had just shown in two games that they may be a little tired, but thats all they have shown the term "vulnerability" is just plain wrong. These past two weeks they have just been tired. Reason being at the end of their previous games when the have the game won the losing team is already down to 85-95 % while the pats are still at full bore proving they can win without cheating. They were just tired after scoring on fourth and goal with two minutes left and up 25 points.

Bill B. gave them a whole day off just to rest. So they wont be tired.

I truly give the Steelers a good chance to win but why fire-up a team that is a good as them "THAT YOU ARE PLAYING IN THEIR HOUSE" is not a good thing.

One thing is true though. I have been one of the fans that has said the Steelers need someone to give them their swagger back when they go on the road and maybe that is what is happening here. THAT is a good thing no matter who they play or what game it is.

stlrtruck
12-06-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm happy to see Smith with the confidence and bravado. But he's got to use intelligence when making guarentees. But either way Smith can't be wrong. I mean if the Steelers lose, he's just a second year player without maturity and if the Steelers win, then he's prophetic.

PINDEL1
12-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Thank you...

Joey Porter was an All Pro = >>> Has earned the respect from the league........
Anthony Smith is not and has a long way to go to be one. Right now he is nothing but a hard hitting loud mouth.:flap:

SteelCityMan786
12-06-2007, 03:20 PM
It made it's way to ESPN.

The Duke
12-06-2007, 03:32 PM
as long as this doesn't happen again....

sLTXH5ZNDwg

you go get em Anthony, make them remember your name!

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 03:37 PM
As for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady going after him on passing plays, Smith said, "I hope they do. I haven't been getting a lot of action so hopefully I get a chance to make some big plays, and if the receivers come after to me I welcome it."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/sports/steelers/s_541497.html

The Not Ready For Prime Time Safety speaks again.:dang:

So much for some of the vets supposedly telling him to zip it.

Lok1GT
12-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Who cares if we get a little bit of bad coverage? We do whether we say something stupid or not.

I think this whole thread is petty. The guy is probably just trying to pump up his teammates. Even if he is that naive, then us posting negatively about it here isn't going to have any effect. His teammates and staff will hopefully make sure he's got his head on straight by game time.

So, i think all we can do is pretend pat Smith on the head while saying, "Aww, yer so cute!"

lilyoder6
12-06-2007, 03:42 PM
i think that video of him high stepping was pretty funny... the only other time i would like to see that when the steelers beats the Pats this week-end and he gets an int.

alittlejazzbird
12-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Coach Tomlin's take today on Anthony Smith's comments:

Guarantees aren't worth the paper that they're written on," Tomlin said. "I think any time you have a big game you'll find some young guy in the corner of the locker room willing to guarantee a victory. In this business it's not about what we say, it's about what we do.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 03:46 PM
i think that video of him high stepping was pretty funny... the only other time i would like to see that when the steelers beats the Pats this week-end and he gets an int.

LeBeau tearing him a new one after that stunt was even funnier to me.

Dodt
12-06-2007, 04:07 PM
anybody catch around the horn. and there view on this?

SteelCityMan786
12-06-2007, 04:08 PM
anybody catch around the horn. and there view on this?

They acted like they never have heard of him and that someone who has been around for awhile should be doing this.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2007, 04:56 PM
HA HA HA!

I just had a thought, get ready for a 15 yard penalty folks, because he is going to take a shot at one of the Pats receivers, and it is going to be brutal, and he is going to stand over whoever it is he just unloaded on and is going to say "Know my name now Bitch?" and he's going to get us a 15 yard penalty.

Just hope the game is in hand by the time that happens.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 04:59 PM
HA HA HA!

I just had a thought, get ready for a 15 yard penalty folks, because he is going to take a shot at one of the Pats receivers, and it is going to be brutal, and he is going to stand over whoever it is he just unloaded on and is going to say "Know my name now Bitch?" and he's going to get us a 15 yard penalty.

It better be becuase if he pulls that he will be ejected.

stillers4me
12-06-2007, 05:02 PM
HA HA HA!

Do it at the beginning of the game......... then they'll be afarid of getting hit like the kitties were.

Edman
12-06-2007, 05:11 PM
The Not Ready For Prime Time Safety speaks again.:dang:

So much for some of the vets supposedly telling him to zip it.

You know, we fans need to zip it with the whining. If the Steelers come out flat and are down by 20 at the half, it's not because of Anthony Smith. If Ben somehow throws 3 INT's to start the game, it won't be because of Anthony Smith. If Willie Parker gets fumblitis, It's not because of Anthony Smith. If Arians gets brain-farts in playcalling, it's not because of Anthony Smith.

Uh-Oh. Anthony Smith is blabbing in the media! We're gonna lose for sure now!:chicken:

Folks, if the Steelers lose this game, remember to blame Anthony Smith. It's his fault.

TackleMeBen
12-06-2007, 05:13 PM
You know, we fans need to zip it with the whining. If the Steelers come out flat and are down by 20 at the half, it's not because of Anthony Smith. If Ben somehow throws 3 INT's to start the game, it won't be because of Anthony Smith. If Willie Parker gets fumblitis, It's not because of Anthony Smith. If Arians gets brain-farts in playcalling, it's not because of Anthony Smith.

Uh-Oh. Anthony Smith is blabbing in the media! We're gonna lose for sure now!:chicken:

Folks, if the Steelers lose this game, remember to blame Anthony Smith. It's his fault.

so does this mean we are going to stop blaming willie parker for all the problems the team has and start blaming anthony smith???lol :wink02:

SteelerFanInCA
12-06-2007, 05:41 PM

Amen.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 05:55 PM

I have said repeatedly in this thread that I do not think Smith's comments are going to make a bit of difference as to how hard the Pats play, have not said that the Steelers should bow down to the Pats, and have not said it will be Smith's fault if they lose.

What I am saying is: this is a second year punk who made an ass of himself when he made an interception in Charlotte last year, got chewed out by LeBeau for it and continues to act like a jerk, was told by Farrior yesterday he needs to shut up, who acts like he is the second coming of Ronnie Lott based on 3 career INTs and a half dozen starts, and who then shoots his mouth off again today while every real leader on this team (Ben, Ward, Faneca, Hampton & Farrior among others) is staying quiet even though they actually have earned the right to pop off if they so choose. Of course they are not going to do it because they are grown men and not jackasses.

I expect this crap from Chad Johnson and Housh, not from a Steeler.

I will zip it when Smith does.

:cheers:

tony hipchest
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM
smith wore a greay sweatshirt today with the hood up, at his locker for todays interviews with the media.

savran joked how the patriots will put that picture up and cry that hes mocking their coach (i guess anybody who wears one of those hideous nfl licensed products now is mocking bill. its HIS thing).

i have no doubt the patriots will take this as a slight too (perhaps it was). this stuff will definitely be bulletin board material. every win the patriots have since 2001 has this crap behind it. belichick will convince his players they suck the dookie off of mens organs if he thinks it will motivate them to play that much harder and angrier.

i dont think this motivates them to prepare harder but i do believe it taps into their sometimes dormant roid rage. i expect several cheap shots to hurt us down the road if we meet up again. that sort of forethought and "preparation" is sort of their m.o.

Edman
12-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I have said repeatedly in this thread that I do not think Smith's comments are going to make a bit of difference as to how hard the Pats play, have not said that the Steelers should bow down to the Pats, and have not said it will be Smith's fault if they lose.

What I am saying is: this is a second year punk who made an ass of himself when he made an interception in Charlotte last year, got chewed out by LeBeau for it and continues to act like a jerk, was told by Farrior yesterday he needs to shut up, who acts like he is the second coming of Ronnie Lott based on 3 career INTs and a half dozen starts, and who then shoots his mouth off again today while every real leader on this team (Ben, Ward, Faneca, Hampton & Farrior among others) is staying quiet even though they actually have earned the right to pop off if they so choose. Of course they are not going to do it because they are grown men and not jackasses.

I will zip it when Smith does.

:cheers:

Understandable. But we should all realize Smith is only making an ass of himself. He wants to talk? Let him. The Vets know what is at stake and what they're up against. They'll get New England's best shots even if Anthony doesn't shoot his mouth off. If they don't expect it and prepare for it, then they don't deserve to play in this game, let alone win. The Patriots players don't even give a damn, then again, they're quite the devious bastards.

rhodeislandpatsfan
12-06-2007, 07:06 PM
tainted rings, Patriots have lost a respect in my book as well as others. Obviously in
Smiths too. Screw the Patsies this has no effect on there game plan. This is football not golf for christ sakes.

Do your homework. The rule wasn't in the league until last year. Patriots won their SB prior call them tainted all you want, it still won't be true

cubanstogie
12-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Do your homework. The rule wasn't in the league until last year. Patriots won their SB prior call them tainted all you want, it still won't be true
Its called character and credibility. Fact is Belicheat has lost credibility and respect, he never had character to lose. Its like a bank robber who gets caught with no priors. you dont start with banks. The guy is a fraud. My homework was done for me when he was fined a half mill and a draft pink, not quite a slap on the wrist. I guarantee something myself, Pats are a bunch of pussies with asterisks next to their names and fair weathered fans who have been around for a whole 7 years.

ShutDown24
12-06-2007, 07:46 PM

5 rings - No cheating.

warddj86
12-06-2007, 08:06 PM
the espn sportscasters love the pats wayyyyyyyy to much, did any1 beside me notice that in NFL Live, the bottomline has a tab labeled PATRIOTS

rhodeislandpatsfan
12-06-2007, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=cubanstogie;334912]Its called character and credibility. Fact is Belicheat has lost credibility and respect, he never had character to lose. Its like a bank robber who gets caught with no priors. you dont start with banks. The guy is a fraud. My homework was done for me when he was fined a half mill and a draft pink, not quite a slap on the wrist. I guarantee something myself, Pats are a bunch of pussies with asterisks next to their names and fair weathered fans who have been around for a whole 7 years.[/QUOTE Character you mean be winning the AFC Championship twice in on your field? Make all the excuses you need to I believe you only beat once in 5 years. Yes, Pittsburgh stopped the Pats winning streak but its still their record because when the steelers were threatening to break anyone remember who stepped up stop them in their tracks? I think you remember.
Call them pussies and frauds all you want all that matters is steelers will be known as victim #13

rhodeislandpatsfan
12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
5 rings - No cheating.

4 rings before free agency = indentured servents. I know that was such a glorious era that Bradshaw didn't return for twenty years!
1 ring during Patriots Dynasty [ good thing you didn't have to play them that year ]

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 09:40 PM
4 rings before free agency = indentured servents. I know that was such a glorious era that Bradshaw didn't return for twenty years!
1 ring during Patriots Dynasty [ good thing you didn't have to play them that year ]

You are so right - 2005 Steelers smashed a Denver team that beat the Pats the week before and beat a Colts team in Indy that had beaten the Pats in Foxborough.

Welcome to my ignore list

tony hipchest
12-06-2007, 09:45 PM
4 rings before free agency = indentured servents. ]

r. harrison, j. seau, r. moss. c. dillon = illegal aliens you find in san diego and pay to mow your lawn (for much, much, less than homegrown labor).

PINDEL1
12-06-2007, 10:19 PM
5 Rings - No Cheating.....

I like this one better:

"5 Rings and never caught cheating" <<< Now that one ought to grind it in there ass for awhile

PINDEL1
12-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Who cares if we get a little bit of bad coverage? We do whether we say something stupid or not.

I think this whole thread is petty. The guy is probably just trying to pump up his teammates. Even if he is that naive, then us posting negatively about it here isn't going to have any effect. His teammates and staff will hopefully make sure he's got his head on straight by game time.

So, i think all we can do is pretend pat Smith on the head while saying, "Aww, yer so cute!"

It is not as petty as you think. His career with the Steelers is at stake and not a given. He is a representative of the Pittsburgh Steelers a very high class organization. You sound like a tolerant parent protecting their misbehaving child acting like an ass. Class and ass do not mix with the Steelers.
Anthony Smith's actions in past games shows what type of character and player he is (Look at me type). If he continues that type of behaviour that he has in the past and is now he will not be signing any extension contract with this organization. Just watch and see.:banging:

Uncle Ced
12-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Typical Steelers. It's like Joey Porter never left. Keep shooting your mouth off Steelers. Just add fuel to the fire.

Atlanta Dan
12-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Typical Steelers. It's like Joey Porter never left. Keep shooting your mouth off Steelers. Just add fuel to the fire.

Thanks for dropping by and letting me read one post to confirm your trolling skills

Now you can join my ignore list

Uncle Ced
12-07-2007, 07:47 AM
And since we're making guarantees I got one for you.
The Steelers won't win the Super Bowl this year
Unlike Smith's, my guarantee is a lock:jammin:

Uncle Ced
12-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks for dropping by and letting me read one post to confirm your trolling skills

Now you can join my ignore list

I am honored.
Can I put Smith on my ignore list?

HometownGal
12-07-2007, 08:02 AM

:blah::blah::blah:

From what I've seen the last couple of weeks, the Pats don't have much fire left.

TheManOfSteel
12-07-2007, 08:26 AM

Your team is all ****y pricks. Your coach cheats to help win. Brady is a ****y prick. Moss is a b****! You got guys taken HGH to help there old ass get an edge. You have not seen a a Defense like our all year. Bring it on! Your going to get beat in in your own house! :tt02: :helmet:

Jman
12-07-2007, 08:41 AM
:blah::blah::blah:

From what I've seen the last couple of weeks, the Pats don't have much fire left.

This is actually one of the good observations made amongst the other posts. Despite how many Pats fans are here, even they would have to admit each team in the recent weeks has exposed the Pats more and more. The weak spots, and scheme to beat them has clearly been marked.

Matt Light will have a target on his chest all night long. And... expect the 30 something, sorry, don't wanna leave Seau out, and 40 something LBs, to leave the middle wide open for 6 8 TE Heath Miller.

When the Pats go zone, I also expect the running game to be a huge factor in this game. The O-line, despite troubles, is far better than the rat birds, and to be honest, Willie is better than Willis.

I expect a very close game, with the Steelers queeking by with the win. You look at the Steeler corners, very physical. Jamming receivers will frustrate Moss quick and as HTG said, the fire isn't there.

:coffee:

revefsreleets
12-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Hey, I just heard the quote this morning on the radio. There was no guarantee! All he said that if the Steelers play their game, yes, they'll win.

This whole thing was 100% media concocted.

lawrencevillian
12-07-2007, 08:44 AM
A statement like this is nothing but good. Like is the guy going to be executed if the steelers lose? I feel good about this game. Steelers 28 Pats 20. I guarentee it!

TackleMeBen
12-07-2007, 09:51 AM

well that is what you get when you leave your starters in the game after you are winning by 30. i am glad the pats are tired. i hope that our oline can hold up and give ben time to throw the ball.

steeler dude
12-07-2007, 10:19 AM
tomlin should set his ass on the bench first mistake he makes ! if you say we are gonna win you must be flawless ! we are underdogs use that as fuel for the fire inside. give them nothing to fuel on bad noob mistake:dang::tt02::helmet:

steeler dude
12-07-2007, 10:21 AM
true media trying to brew up dollars for the game . just like media wants liberal pres this time around pfffffftttt

jjpro11
12-07-2007, 10:42 AM
smith is going to get air time sunday after play the pats or we make while he's on the field.

SteelDogFan
12-07-2007, 10:56 AM
This is not OK and its not the way the Steelers Roll. Yes be confident, yes even say you believe we are going to win. As a matter of fact predict a win, what the heck. BUT CEASE AND DESIST FROM STRAIGHT OUT TALKING TRASHY SMACK AND DO IT ON THE FIELD. Which is what the Steelers have always done. Tomlin needs to put a stop to this, unless he's trying to get the Pats overly fired up.

alittlejazzbird
12-07-2007, 11:08 AM
smith is going to get air time sunday after play the pats or we make while he's on the field.

In my opinion, he deserves to end up on his backside once or twice, having been beaten or upended by one of the Pats' more experienced players and called out by the announcers and media. Teach him a little something about humility, even if we end up winning the game. Mr. Smith still has things to learn about the Steeler Way, the main one being that you let your play on the field do the talking for you.

SteelersMongol
12-07-2007, 11:14 AM
And since we're making guarantees I got one for you.
The Steelers won't win the Super Bowl this year
Unlike Smith's, my guarantee is a lock:jammin:

Yeah, that's very brave of you and all that, but you're nobody but poor Cheatriots fan who is trolling around. :coffee: Nobody gives a tiny rat's *ss about what you say. Go home.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Sunday is going to be so much fun.

Steelman16
12-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Sunday is going to be so much fun.

:cheers: Yep, that's pretty much what it all boils down to!

fansince'76
12-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I am honored.
Can I put Smith on my ignore list?

Greatest sign of you bandwagoners' insecurity is giving a damn what others say. :coffee:

Uncle Ced
12-10-2007, 08:19 AM
:sofunny:Your team is all ****y pricks. Your coach cheats to help win. Brady is a ****y prick. Moss is a b****! You got guys taken HGH to help there old ass get an edge. You have not seen a a Defense like our all year. Bring it on! Your going to get beat in in your own house! :tt02: :helmet:

:flap::sofunny::flap:

X-Terminator
12-10-2007, 08:21 AM
And another one bites the dust...

See ya, Uncle Ced!

And the rest of you guys really need to stop feeding the f'ing trolls.

jovifan
12-10-2007, 08:25 AM
I must say the steelers are a class act now i must admit i am a Pats fan however for the most part you guys played good yesterday. So congrats on that. Hope you can see that not everyone is a hater that is a pats fan.