PDA

View Full Version : Holmes and Polamalu will play. Davenport ready to play

jjpro11
12-05-2007, 06:20 PM
heres an updated injury report for those wondering.

rotoworld.com

Santonio Holmes and Troy Polamalu are not on the Steelers' Week 14 injury report.
They'll need them Sunday against the Patriots. Holmes is a solid WR3 play in the matchup, and should mostly go against Ellis Hobbs with Asante Samuel on Hines Ward. Nate Washington resumes being a third receiver, giving coordinator Bruce Arians the option of spreading out New England's defense. Polamalu's return sends fill-in SS Tyrone Carter back to the bench.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07339/839340-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Steelers' Davenport ready to return Sunday
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers last night decided to pass on signing Verron Haynes after they determined that halfback Najeh Davenport was healthy enough to play Sunday in New England.

Davenport's right foot swelled after he underwent an accupuncture treatment on it away from the Steelers' facility and not supervised by their medical staff. He did not dress Sunday because of the swelling, then he traveled to Miami for the Monday funeral of his former college teammate, Sean Taylor.

The Steelers, in the meantime, worked out Haynes, their former back who they released before the season. They wanted to have someone ready in case the swelling in Davenport's right foot jeopardized his availability for their game in New England on Sunday.

Once they examined Davenport late on Monday after his return home, they decided not to sign Haynes.

just saw this on kffl.com about marvel smith.

Steelers | M. Smith practices Wednesday
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:21:13 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers OT Marvel Smith (back) practiced Wednesday, Dec. 5, and is expected to play in Week 14.

HometownGal
12-05-2007, 06:26 PM
This is indeed excellent news jj! Thanks for the update! :cheers::tt02:

ExtonSteelFan
12-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Are there any sites confirming that both troy and holmes practiced today?

FastWillieParker39
12-05-2007, 06:34 PM
AWESOME! We need all of our players for this game!

Borski
12-05-2007, 06:40 PM
YES!!! I am so glad to hear it!! Thanks!

Edman
12-05-2007, 06:43 PM
The Steelers will need all the help they can get to slay the giant.

Having Holmes back will be huge on O. Our Offense misses him dearly. No one can discredit his ability to stretch the field and his growing chemistry with Ben.

jjpro11
12-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Are there any sites confirming that both troy and holmes practiced today?

it will probably be on the post gazette site later tonight.. but kffl.com said both practiced.

Steelers | S. Holmes practices Wednesday
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:20:50 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes (ankle) practiced Wednesday, Dec. 5, and is expected to play in Week 14.

Steelers | Polamalu practices Wednesday
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:20:18 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers SS Troy Polamalu (knee) practiced Wednesday, Dec. 5, and is expected to play in Week 14.

steelpride12
12-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Wow great news i hope they will come out 100%!

PalmerSteel
12-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow great news i hope they will come out 100%!

exactly. i hope they dont get rushed back for this game too soon then reaggrevate the same injury for the playoffs.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-05-2007, 08:03 PM
This is great news. I wanna see Polamalu lay Welker out.

tony hipchest
12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
exactly. i hope they dont get rushed back for this game too soon then reaggrevate the same injury for the playoffs.both of them woulda played the last 2 weeks under the previous regime. tomlin has been super cautious with his players all year. i think he saw several games from last year that the steelers woulda won had certain starters not been allowed to try and gut it out.

stillers4me
12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I want to see Harrison eat Brady alive.

Elvis
12-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I really dont think that the Steelers know what Anthony Smith has gotten them into with his Big Mouth! This game is gonna be rough enough with him running his jaws.
I was kind of thinking last week that the Steelers may have been holding these guys out atleast one more week for this Patriots game and making sure that they are as close to being 100% as possible. I dont see them putting up 40 points on us either..
:tt02:

Stillers33
12-05-2007, 08:50 PM
sweet, we need them:tt02:

Stillers33
12-05-2007, 08:51 PM

true that

geo123
12-05-2007, 08:53 PM

Who here doesn't!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-05-2007, 10:28 PM
First offensive play for the Steelers lets see if Holmes is indeed back with a bomb to him....I'm glad everybody is ready to go for this game....

Galax Steeler
12-06-2007, 03:44 AM
Great news now lets go and whip some patriot asses.

Sharkissle29
12-06-2007, 04:10 AM

Amen.

klick81
12-06-2007, 01:26 PM
exactly. i hope they dont get rushed back for this game too soon then reaggrevate the same injury for the playoffs.

That's what I've been worried about.

both of them woulda played the last 2 weeks under the previous regime. tomlin has been super cautious with his players all year. i think he saw several games from last year that the steelers woulda won had certain starters not been allowed to try and gut it out.

Here's the hoping you're right! :cheers:

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 01:31 PM
both of them woulda played the last 2 weeks under the previous regime. tomlin has been super cautious with his players all year. i think he saw several games from last year that the steelers woulda won had certain starters not been allowed to try and gut it out.

Agreed - just ask Ben, Troy, and (in a decision that IMO helped ruin a career by rushing him back for the 2002 opener against the Pats) Kendrell Bell how the old regime operated.

Preacher
12-07-2007, 12:26 AM

Sadly, I think you are right.

I like the fact that they were held out. That decision... and their top health, will contribute mightily to how far we can go in the post season.

Hines0wnz
12-07-2007, 03:24 PM

Which makes him an even smarter coach from the Tony Dungy family. Dungy hasnt been in a hurry to get Harrison back in which has allowed Gonzalez to get his feet wet. Come playoff time, the Colts are going to be an offensive juggernaut I think.

HometownGal
12-07-2007, 04:13 PM
As I posted in another thread, word has it here in the Burgh that Santo will more than likely play, as will Marvel Smith and Najeh Davenport, but Troy is "unlikely" to play because of his knee being aggravated. Who really knows? I guess we'll see on Sunday!

Edman
12-07-2007, 04:22 PM
If Polamalu can't go, sit him. Carter has been okay backing him up this year.

We'll definately need Santonio. Makes the Pats respect the pass even more.

Counselor
12-07-2007, 04:28 PM
From what I heard on the Radio, Holmes is basically begging to play. his ankle is still bothering him, but he doesn't want to miss this one. They're calling him a game time decision---but if he has any influence he'll be playing.

madsteelerfan51
12-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Hello My name is Sandra and Im a new member, but as a dissapointment to all Steelers fans it has been announced that Troy will not play on Sunday against the Pats.
Friday, December 07, 2007
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Safety Troy Polamalu, who developed swelling in his injured knee when a teammate rolled into him during Wednesday's practice, did not practice today and likely will not play in Sunday's game against the New England Patriots

But as mentioned by on of the members, Carter has been great at Troy's replacement, we can win this game, Lets get them Big Nasty D

Atlanta Dan
12-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the forum Sandra:cheers:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-07-2007, 04:59 PM

We'll definately need Santonio. Makes the Pats respect the pass even more.

I agree. Carter has been playing great in Troys absense. The thing that worries me most though is the lack of depth, at DB, without Troy.

Hines0wnz
12-07-2007, 08:21 PM
With Troy out, the LBs are going to have pay extra attention on 3rd and medium. If there is no pass rush, Brady likes to run then. Troy is usually good at sniffing those out.

Hines0wnz
12-07-2007, 08:25 PM
First offensive play for the Steelers lets see if Holmes is indeed back with a bomb to him....I'm glad everybody is ready to go for this game....

Yep, pump fake and hit Heath, Hines or Spaeth over the middle for 8-15 yards and keep the chains moving. Limiting Brady and his show is key to winning. The D needs to be as fresh as possible for Brady's "antics" late in the game.

steelpride12
12-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Yep, pump fake and hit Heath, Hines or Spaeth over the middle for 8-15 yards and keep the chains moving. Limiting Brady and his show is key to winning. The D needs to be as fresh as possible for Brady's "antics" late in the game.

That would be crazy!
An early lead would really set the tempo for the Steelers and be a huge advantage for our defense having the lead!

SteelerFanInATL
12-09-2007, 03:43 AM

This is the main reason we picked up Carter in case Troy went down. We will be Good to Go with Carter in there.

SteelersMongol
12-09-2007, 04:05 AM
We did good without Troy before. Now it's time to kick some Cheatriots butt!

blkngld68
12-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Not having Holmes play would hurt more today than Troy not playing. Carter is doing just fine back there. Holmes will be a bigger facter in helping the offense get going. Another passing threat will just help out Willie in getting more running lanes.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!